TCW Discussion Thread

just had the 3rd and final PPV for TCW for the demo, will wait until half term to buy the full game, but just had Bach defeat Chord in a 25 minute 94 rated match. Wow. absolutely incredible, and they are now 1-1, with Chord getting the 2-1 win at Mayhem. I thought that it was going to completely overshadow the main event of Andrews vs Peak, as I hand't used Peak atall, and he was just there for an Andrews defence before Wolf at mayhem, and for the loss to be the reason my new stable debuts to overthrow Peak, but they pulled it out the bad with a 90. Then, I end the show with a 99 promo.

And I get a 64 overall rating because the fans were annoyed at the amount of non-wrestling segments.

:D That sounds incredible sad. Did you not spot the penalty before going ahead and booking the show or did you not think it would tank that hard (it shouldnt realistically, but you know).

:D That sounds incredible sad. Did you not spot the penalty before going ahead and booking the show or did you not think it would tank that hard (it shouldnt realistically, but you know).

i saw the warning, but it is so hard for me to book PPV's in this game. Crowd burnout starts after 210 mins (including pre + post show) which for a big company really isn't much, so I didn't really have any free time, so with 210 mins used, i has 65% match to angle ratio, when its required minimum of 75%. This is why I've changed the product to classic balanced, as it only takes 3 months to do, and has some nice positives over the default product, and means I only need a minimum of around 65% match ratio for PPV's, which I can do

And no. No way in hell did I think it would tank that big :D:(

i saw the warning, but it is so hard for me to book PPV's in this game. Crowd burnout starts after 210 mins (including pre + post show) which for a big company really isn't much, so I didn't really have any free time, so with 210 mins used, i has 65% match to angle ratio, when its required minimum of 75%. This is why I've changed the product to classic balanced, as it only takes 3 months to do, and has some nice positives over the default product, and means I only need a minimum of around 65% match ratio for PPV's, which I can do

And no. No way in hell did I think it would tank that big :D:(

Have you considered dropping the length of your angles and increasing the match length? I know that if I were to pay for a PPV from a company like TCW that's more in ring focused and I got a product that had 35% of the time are up by angles I would be pretty upset.

<p>So just finished booking TWTSTS and it was a fairly safe show, Wolf defeated Sammy in the main event to retain the World Title after Chord cost Bach, this was a filler as Andrews was kayfabe not cleared to compete and Sammy had won a 4 week interim contendership tournament. This really allowed the Chord & Bach feud to progress, this is building to a 4 way match at the next PPV between the 4 men. </p><p> </p><p>

Devine Fortune captured the tag belts in a 4 way featuring The Elite, The Behemoths & The Mighty Meat, not much to say here, needed the belts on a face team so The Elite can bring the gold to the Syndicate at the next PPV.</p><p> </p><p>

After my post a few pages back about Josh Taylor offering to put T-Bone Bright over, Bright has gone from strength to strength and is pulling in some great grades (high 70's) and actually defeated Gauge for the TV Title, and is going to move onto a feud with Doc Hammond, who has also offered to put him over, I see big things for T-Bone in the future.</p><p> </p><p>

Biggest development is that Flyin' Jimmy Foxx is now a heel, I had him turn on and start a feud with Benson the night after TWTSTS, after one loss too many (in actual, it was simply due to them having bad chemistry as a team, hoping they have better as rivals)</p><p> </p><p>

Really digging TCW in this edition</p>

So four months into my game and I have just had Battleground. Was gonna run a triple threat match between Andrews, Chord and Hawkins but on the show before the PPV Hawkins got injured for a year! I just made it a 1 on 1 with Andrews retaining. I also have Human Arsenal injured for another 7 months, Danny Fonzarelli is retiring in 2 months, Nick Booth I am allowing his contract to expire. I have turned Devine Fortune heel and they have started off pretty well. Eddie Peak has just offered to put over Elliot Thomas in 3 matches, only trouble is Peak doesn't wrestle on TV! Really enjoying TCW at the moment, on and USPW are signing big names left, right and center.

So four months into my game and I have just had Battleground. Was gonna run a triple threat match between Andrews, Chord and Hawkins but on the show before the PPV Hawkins got injured for a year! I just made it a 1 on 1 with Andrews retaining. I also have Human Arsenal injured for another 7 months, Danny Fonzarelli is retiring in 2 months, Nick Booth I am allowing his contract to expire. I have turned Devine Fortune heel and they have started off pretty well. Eddie Peak has just offered to put over Elliot Thomas in 3 matches, only trouble is Peak doesn't wrestle on TV! Really enjoying TCW at the moment, on and USPW are signing big names left, right and center.

This. Very much this.

In the now 4 and a half months that I've played Total, they have signed the following; Scythe, Randy Bumfhole, Rock God Alvarez, Andrew Lee, Buff Martinez, La Sombra Jr, Buddy Garner and Cerebo. They tried to take Doc and Greg Gauge from me but I was able to keep both. But UPSW is SUPER aggressive.

Have you considered dropping the length of your angles and increasing the match length? I know that if I were to pay for a PPV from a company like TCW that's more in ring focused and I got a product that had 35% of the time are up by angles I would be pretty upset.

I play a certain way, all angles are 6 mins, always at least 1 angle between matches, quite often 2, lower card storylines get just as much air time as the big matches.

This hurts you in the beginning, but I (think) it helps your lower card workers get over, and this led to after a year in 16 having a stupidly over and bloated roster, that by the end of the game (I only played a year) I had like 15 wrestlers considered main eventers, all with 90+ pop

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hazemore" data-cite="Hazemore" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>how do you guys develop workers? it seems in this game that fundamental skills and stamina go up quickly, but primary skills and performance skills go up very slowly, if at all. Same with performance skills. How do you increase skills quickly for young workers you want to push like Beaumont?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ive found that starting a child company and making a broadcaster for them to get a TV show in the home region not only gets them over in time but helps them improve. I didnt wanna destroy a projects momentum just because they arent ready yet. I usually run 3-4 tapings at once too. Seems to be the best way to help out. Or if you only have 1-3 guys send them to MAW if you dont mind slower progress.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bestbitter" data-cite="bestbitter" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So four months into my game and I have just had Battleground. Was gonna run a triple threat match between Andrews, Chord and Hawkins but on the show before the PPV Hawkins got injured for a year! I just made it a 1 on 1 with Andrews retaining. I also have Human Arsenal injured for another 7 months, Danny Fonzarelli is retiring in 2 months, Nick Booth I am allowing his contract to expire. I have turned Devine Fortune heel and they have started off pretty well. Eddie Peak has just offered to put over Elliot Thomas in 3 matches, only trouble is Peak doesn't wrestle on TV! Really enjoying TCW at the moment, on and USPW are signing big names left, right and center.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I wouldnt waste Eddie putting someone over on TV anyway. Take Elliot and put him over Nick Booth(if you got time to job him before he leaves) and Titan since they are Sinner Society members. Helps get them Elliot over and gives a reason for Eddie to finally face him and lose at a PPV when Elliot is worthy of being put on PPV in your opinion.</p>

I am getting some outrageous performances out of Flying Jimmy Foxx! I've never really pushed him in TCW saves and I'm not sure I will in this one but he's working as an amazing upper-card job-guy. Putting him against anyone like Jay Chord, Taylor, Hawkins and letting them have 15-20 minutes slow build in a main event is regularly pulling in 80+ grades!

Greg Gauge is coming along nicely. He just invented a hot new catchphrase which should make his promo segments even better. I'm running a storyline with him where 10 successful TV Title defences earns you a TCW World Title shot. I'm not sure yet whether I'll have that be a MITB-style title shot or just a regular "I want my shot at the next PPV" style deal. Anyway, he was up to 9 TV Title defences when he lost to Benny Benson at the first PPV. Since then he has regained the title and will continue to defend it, culminating in Defence 10 being at Total Mayhem. After successfully defending it there, depending on how over he has gotten, he will either "cash in" after Aaron Andrews successfully defends against Hawkins in the Total Mayhem main event OR he will lose against Andrews in a match at the following PPV, clearing the decks for Jay Chord to finally come in and take the belt.

Just finished the 1st 6 months of my save. I am using RDJ as my UC and I edited Kyle to be "Flashy" with our spending, with the head canon that BriCo is tired of just surviving and really wants us to compete.

The first 5 months were dominated by Aaron vs Wolf, ending their feud at Total Mayhem with an awesome 94 rated match (Total Mayhem actually got an 100, did not expect that)

I am thinking of going brand split because my roster is becoming damned loaded

Current Champions:

TCW World Champion - Wolf Hawkins (won at Total Mayhem, defended against SWB at Excessive Force)

TCW North American Champion - Freddy Huggins (beat Mo at Excessive Force after Mo won a 4 way for the belt at TM)

TCW Television Champion - Greg Gauge (regained at Excessive Force after Sammy Bach beat him at TM)

TCW World Tag Team Champions - The Ring Generals (won on a edition of Total Wrestling, defended against Chance Fortune at Excessive Force)

TCW World Women's Champion - Shiori Jippensha (beat Paige Croft at TM on the finals of a tournament and beat Charity Sweet at Excessive Force)

After 3 months in game, I decided to plough all money into a subscription tv broadcaster, all future money upgrading in size in each region. I now come December, have A subscription broadcaster pulling in around 30million a month in broadcasting revenue and a PPV broadcaster making me about 70million a PPV …. insane!

<p>I'm in July now, and have already lost Chord, Mighty Mo, and Bach to USPW and Human Arsenal to SWF. Such a pain as I was pushing Mighty Mo to main event when he left, and then I was going to have Chord win the title from Andrews as he caught fire, and his overness started to skyrocket. </p><p> </p><p>

Gonna push Gauge now, as he is starting to really get over. I will have him drop the TV title, still not sure to whom, and then will have him go into a program with Andrews.</p>

Is chemistry a lot more rare than it used to be? I run my house shows with all available wrestlers (42!) paired up checking for chemistry, constantly updating as results come in, and after the second week of March I only have a handful of positive notes, and less than a dozen non-neutral notes.....

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarloKid" data-cite="DarloKid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After 3 months in game, I decided to plough all money into a subscription tv broadcaster, all future money upgrading in size in each region. I now come December, have A subscription broadcaster pulling in around 30million a month in broadcasting revenue and a PPV broadcaster making me about 70million a PPV …. insane!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Adam worked on this in patch 1.02</p><p> I have not tested things yet, but hopefully the PPV numbers are reduced drastically.</p>

How have you guys been planning to waste time between Hawkins getting his title shot at Total Mayhem? Especially since the game starts with the Wolf vs AA storyline from day one.

I'm having Andrews cut through the Syndicate with defenses, the logic being that if a member of the Syndicate wins they'll lay down for Wolf at Total Mayhem. I'm also using this as a chance to retool the Syndicate after Total Mayhem.

How have you guys been planning to waste time between Hawkins getting his title shot at Total Mayhem? Especially since the game starts with the Wolf vs AA storyline from day one.

had frederique have the 1st defence, but that was a bad decision, then i had peak attack andrews 2nd ppv during wolf vs andrews, 3rd ppv peak vs andrews, then when i buy the game I'm going to do Andrews + Bach vs. Hawkins + Chord