APW - Australian Pro Wrestling Thread

Let's begin with who they lost after the last 4 years.

Spiffy Stan Stanfish

Alexander Banks

Nathan McKenzie

Boo Smithson

Debonair David Peterson (Became Road Agent)

Lanny Williams (Became Road Agent)

Not as many people as I would have expected them to lose, as I expected a more aggressive RAW expansion. With the first three being big names I think everyone had expected to disappear from their books. The surprise is Boo Smithson taking leave and actually ending up on DIW (Who are still alive). Which makes sense for the guy, he has the look for it, and it is a good way to have his moment in the sun.

<p>Now for their new arrivals.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Singles:</strong></p><p>

Leon Nameth</p><p>

Lothar Prellinger</p><p>

Massacre</p><p>

Pookie Possum</p><p>

SubUrban Legend</p><p>

Tyrant</p><p>

White Wasp</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Tag Teams:</strong></p><p>

Samoan Demolition (The Brisbane Devil & King Maleitoa)</p><p>

R & R (Brian Rampage & Paul Reinhold)</p><p>

Positive Energy (Chuck & Kasey)</p><p>

Wilkes & Lydecker (Whirlwind Lee Wilkes and Warren Lydecker)</p>

Okay now I feel i can actually talk about the roster. Whew!

LOTHAR F'ING PRELLINGER (My favourite wrestler) is signed to APW (My favourite Company) this is the best news ever!

APW lost their 3 main stars to RAW, two of their more senior roster members, and Boo Smithson who is the absolute. It is good to see them continue to prioritise the tag-team division as they lost their best team (God's Gift), most senior team (The Masters) and with Boo leaving split up the team of Dingo & Boo. Samoan Demolition and Fox & Possum (Pookie teaming with Richie) can help bolster the division after the loss of 3 teams, with two of them being major players.

Onto the biggest signing was probably Massacre who returned from Japan and has been able to join a stable (with a snappy logo). The stable run by Victor Goliath has already taken the two main titles. Great to see Dingo get a run as Champion as he feuds with Scottie (Who I am not a fan of). Even with Dingo, Hamstead, and Gerard stepping up, there is a definite void at the top of the roster.

Surprised that SubUrban Legend was signed from ZEN over Damian Dastardly, but he will be valuable in building the mid card and could be one of the guys who jumps into the Main event scene. Leon Nameth being teamed up with Max Forbes makes him a future star in the making as well. The rest of the signings seem quite interchangeable at this point in their careers with others on the independent scene.

Just need to rename Pookie and they are ready to build up some new stars.