ACPW: All Canada Pro Wrestling

Hello everyone and happy release day! I've seen there has been a thread for so many companies but not for this one and it feels only fitting considering this is my favorite promotion and I consider myself a ACPW expert.

With that being said, if anyone has questions about All Canada Pro Wrestling I'm happy to help but for the most part the general discussion about the promotion should be fun .

I’m still at work, are Diablo Duvak and Mimic still there? Has the tag division gotten any better?

Unfortunately Duvak went to another promotion (don't wanna spoil bc it's a big change) although guys like Quibble, Mimic, and Atherton all remain. Tag division doesn't look any better than before but ACPW now has women's wrestling which is a very exciting change.

<p>Any tips for people who have never played with the fed before? I've played TEW games, but have never played in the Cornellverse. I always use RW mods.</p><p> </p><p>

I wanted something big enough with weekly TV, but small enough to manage as I figured things out, so I chose ACPW.</p>

Any tips for people who have never played with the fed before? I've played TEW games, but have never played in the Cornellverse. I always use RW mods.

I wanted something big enough with weekly TV, but small enough to manage as I figured things out, so I chose ACPW.

If you are looking for a company with weekly tv this might not be the one for you. Although if you go with ACPW I personally recommend a lot of 'steal the show' matches. This creates a pretty good environment for a company full of high fliers to work towards their style.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="1NJ Tigers" data-cite="1NJ Tigers" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47654" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maybe they aren't high flying fast paced matches?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As I understand it, it's due to the worker and the company product, not the booking choices.</p><p> </p><p> Per the handbook, the vocal crowd reaction is where the "worker's key skills are too weak" - key skills being defined by the product.</p><p> </p><p> In just one show I got it for 8/14 workers, including some of their top talent:</p><p> </p><p> Marcel LeFleur</p><p> Reggie Bishop</p><p> Captain Canada </p><p> Topher Smith</p><p> Erin Gray</p><p> Maria Guest</p><p> Jamie Atherton</p><p> Devyn Reynaud</p>

As I understand it, it's due to the worker and the company product, not the booking choices.

Per the handbook, the vocal crowd reaction is where the "worker's key skills are too weak" - key skills being defined by the product.

In just one show I got it for 8/14 workers, including some of their top talent:

Marcel LeFleur

Reggie Bishop

Captain Canada

Topher Smith

Erin Gray

Maria Guest

Jamie Atherton

Devyn Reynaud

I personally disagree with how strict the crowd reaction has been towards wrestlers key skills. Not every wrestler is gonna be the same under a company. Although I'm willing to bet this is fixed before the game comes out.

I would say use the new inter gender rule to your advantage, contrary to what some people have been griping about so far I think there’s a lot of exciting talent in women’s Indy wrestling in North America so this is a good chance to sign so solid talent that you’d otherwise skip if you were playing ACPW in 2016

As I understand it, it's due to the worker and the company product, not the booking choices.

Per the handbook, the vocal crowd reaction is where the "worker's key skills are too weak" - key skills being defined by the product.

In just one show I got it for 8/14 workers, including some of their top talent:

Marcel LeFleur

Reggie Bishop

Captain Canada

Topher Smith

Erin Gray

Maria Guest

Jamie Atherton

Devyn Reynaud

Yeah this is a bizarrely long list - Dagger is someone else they hate. I tried testing and I think it may need super-high aerial not to get the crowd on your back? That said, the penalty doesn’t seem THAT bad. But still hoping something is changed in a patch!

Add in Eric Blackley, Gram Gorman, Marty Tuxford, Murray Firth, Spencer Edmund, Zachary Inc, Rocco Renoir, Katya Kornishikova and Virgil Voss.

Not to be too critical, but did the testers not even run a show with this promotion?

I'm going to report it as a bug.

Add in Eric Blackley, Gram Gorman, Marty Tuxford, Murray Firth, Spencer Edmund, Zachary Inc, Rocco Renoir, Katya Kornishikova and Virgil Voss.

Not to be too critical, but did the testers not even run a show with this promotion?

I'm going to report it as a bug.

Thanks for the list, that's helpful. I raised Marcel LaFleur to 72 aerial without changing anything else and he no longer gets the note so I THINK that's what it is - would definitely be good to see this tweaked, because yeah, the fanbase turning on so many of their top stars is WEIRD.

I tried a little bit and... Does anyone else think the product is kind of a mess? The matches need to be long. Fine. BUT the matches are also very intense and fast paced and that's going to lead to problems, I would think.

On the other hand, Simony Sentinel is MONEY. And, thanks to ACPW, I figured out how to assign a manager in TEW 2020. YAY!

I tried a little bit and... Does anyone else think the product is kind of a mess? The matches need to be long. Fine. BUT the matches are also very intense and fast paced and that's going to lead to problems, I would think.

On the other hand, Simony Sentinel is MONEY. And, thanks to ACPW, I figured out how to assign a manager in TEW 2020. YAY!

I'd go with fast-paced matches early on, mostly involving top guys over lesser ones, and build to one or two longer matches involving your major stars. Definitely seems like it's going to be more of a challenge. (I also get annoyed by the need for a comedy match when there's only a few people on the roster who are any good at them!)

I'd go with fast-paced matches early on, mostly involving top guys over lesser ones, and build to one or two longer matches involving your major stars. Definitely seems like it's going to be more of a challenge. (I also get annoyed by the need for a comedy match when there's only a few people on the roster who are any good at them!)

Simony Sentinel so far seems to do well in comedy matches.

Simony Sentinel so far seems to do well in comedy matches.

Thanks! For future reference for everyone, looking at attributes, if you search the starting roster, Grimm and Topher are comedy match workers, Katya and Reggie are noted comedy match performers.

On the other hand, Devyn, Eric, Sky King, and Spenser are poor at them and Erin, Gram and Mario even worse.

It's interesting that the philosophy went from "NO FUN, SERIOUS ALL THE TIME" to "Okay we can be a bit silly" between the games. To be fair it's a welcome change as ACPW just wasn't that appealing to me when it was just srs business the whole time.

Like I said elsewhere, between this, the move to Quebec, and allowing women wrestlers, Daedalus Buchinsky better be careful or his company might last longer than a year in this version!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Untouchable" data-cite="Untouchable" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47654" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's interesting that the philosophy went from "NO FUN, SERIOUS ALL THE TIME" to "Okay we can be a bit silly" between the games. To be fair it's a welcome change as ACPW just wasn't that appealing to me when it was just srs business the whole time.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This could be kind of a nod to the reality of indy wrestling, which did go from a world much more titled toward 'VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS' to the world of Joey Janela, Marko Stunt, and such in the past few years.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jesseewiak" data-cite="jesseewiak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47654" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This could be kind of a nod to the reality of indy wrestling, which did go from a world much more titled toward 'VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS' to the world of Joey Janela, Marko Stunt, and such in the past few years.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Let's not forget that the very first match in AEW featured an ice ninja, a cowboy, a wrestling dinosaur man, a guy covered in baby oil, some kind of egg man, and Orange Cassidy.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, I've been back on ACPW the past few days, and it's amazing how one of my least favorite companies in 2016 has quickly become one of my most favorite in 2020.

I've set "The Brave & The Bold" to be all 2 vs. 2 (OUTRAGEOUS!), and Legacies to have all titles defended (I went and added the ACPW Women's). I currently have Blast Radius set as 3 vs 3, but I might change it so Unfinished Business is the big team one.

Eric Blackley is a STUD. Though most of the roster is pretty good, or at least hast the potential to be good. Zachary Inc is a big load, though. Almost a year in and STILL get the "Crowd not thrilled to see him".