ACPW: All Canada Pro Wrestling

Eric Blackley is a STUD. Though most of the roster is pretty good, or at least hast the potential to be good. Zachary Inc is a big load, though. Almost a year in and STILL get the "Crowd not thrilled to see him".

Zachary needs about 10 more aerial for the crowd not to hate him (I think?) and he's not exactly a fun guy backstage either so I unfortunately had to get rid of him :(

I love all the young guys tho and have big plans for pretty much all of them except Marty. I would have stuck with Marty too if his stamina weren't so terrible. I don't think putting him in tag matches help either?

Who are you pushing your top guy btw?

I would love to get behind ACPW, but for working in real life on the quebec indepedent wrestling scene, I find it kind of disapointing to have so few wrestler on the starting roster who speak french, or are from the local region. Thats why I tend to create QPW and rivalise with them :p

I would love to get behind ACPW, but for working in real life on the quebec indepedent wrestling scene, I find it kind of disapointing to have so few wrestler on the starting roster who speak french, or are from the local region. Thats why I tend to create QPW and rivalise with them :p

Well, I can rationalize it, because remember, them being based in Quebec is a relatively recent development. A lot of the remaining French-Canadian wrestlers are tied up with CWA or, like Phillipe Grenier or Canadian Crusher, are outside the default weight limits.

• 1 month later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="qualia" data-cite="qualia" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47654" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fuyuko Higa is da bomb. Are there any other super workers out there I can try to bring in? (Pinky Perez is also quite good}.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I brought in Lucy Stone-McFly and she was a revelation for such a young wrestler. Tons of charisma, great look and name, and could hold her own in the early going. Pushed her to the point where she got scooped up by another company. I also signed Kiachi Mochizuki (sp?) and she's slowly developing into a nice prospect. Liana Leroy is another one...and Yvonne Eriks is an interesting MMA type fighter...book is still out on her.</p><p> </p><p> I also loved Fuyuko...but she got too expensive and popular for little ol ACPW.</p>

<p>Best outside signings for me have been JOJI, Masashi Urogataya (got him to lose weight to become a Lightweight), and the tag team Night Terrors and American Cobras. Neither team lasted long in ACPW, but they put on some great matches when I was starting out and really elevated my tag division. I also managed to sign Dawn Gemmell after she didn't resign and she's elevated my product (and is Mario de Sliva's manager) in a big way. She opens almost every show now. Also just got my hands on Sensation Dragon II right out the dojo, and plan on building him up to be an icon. The Architect was also a great signing for me even though he can't compete for my regular titles. I wanted the promotion to offer SOME big guy matches, so I've got about 6 or 7 guys who act as bodyguards and rough up the smaller guys on occasion...and he became my top guy almost by accident.</p><p> </p><p>

Ant-Man, Kenny Callaway and Hudson Drake were early standouts for me, and sitting here in June of 2023, I'm pulling about 90000 TV viewers and 2000 fans to my Events...while hovering around 47 pop in Quebec, and almost 30 in Ontario. Hoping to eventually run a couple of shows in Japan and get my pop up there too...but that's the long game.</p>

• 9 months later...
I've been getting back into ACPW the past few days, and Kamikaze has turned into a BEAST, consistently putting up great match ratings. Mario and Mimic also continue to be phenomenal.

Zachary Inc is still a load, however.

Kamikaze was never happy despite me trying to push him...and he eventually signed elsewhere. Mimic was/is awesome and was one of my most important guys early. Mario had a great early run...I paired him up with Dawn Gemmel and it really helped him but when he got 'jealous' of her popularity they split and that coincided with his stamina starting to go and I let his contract expire.

JVP was one of my early MVP's too. Really enjoyed ACPW and still check in on them now that I'm running CWA in 2030.

Kamikaze was never happy despite me trying to push him...and he eventually signed elsewhere. Mimic was/is awesome and was one of my most important guys early. Mario had a great early run...I paired him up with Dawn Gemmel and it really helped him but when he got 'jealous' of her popularity they split and that coincided with his stamina starting to go and I let his contract expire.

JVP was one of my early MVP's too. Really enjoyed ACPW and still check in on them now that I'm running CWA in 2030.

I'm amazed at how good the locker room is in 2020. You've got guys willing to put talent over, guys taking on proteges, people just being pleasant... It's a big shock considering how it was in 2016.

And my match ratings have taken a slight dip as Buchinsky changed the product to Respectful Wrestling. On the plus side, 9 months in and the company is really over in Quebec ( about 60), we've gone up to Small size, and I signed Damian Dastardly who left ZEN. Alina America is about to leave QAW, and she'll make for a nice infusion of star power, what with her Star Quality and average of 40 pop across the U.S. and Canada.

And my match ratings have taken a slight dip as Buchinsky changed the product to Respectful Wrestling. On the plus side, 9 months in and the company is really over in Quebec ( about 60), we've gone up to Small size, and I signed Damian Dastardly who left ZEN. Alina America is about to leave QAW, and she'll make for a nice infusion of star power, what with her Star Quality and average of 40 pop across the U.S. and Canada.

With it going to Respectful Wrestling, does that mean it's not a 'lightweight' company anymore? The fact it was a lightweight only company was one of its charms for me as a new player as it allowed me to focus on a smaller pool of wrestlers...and better integrate the women into mixed stuff. I also liked booking longer matches...but I guess you could still do that with Respectful.

With it going to Respectful Wrestling, does that mean it's not a 'lightweight' company anymore? The fact it was a lightweight only company was one of its charms for me as a new player as it allowed me to focus on a smaller pool of wrestlers...and better integrate the women into mixed stuff. I also liked booking longer matches...but I guess you could still do that with Respectful.

That is an excellent question. I don't think that's what happened though. I just assumed it was that since Respectful has a strong Technical bent, and most of the roster isn't quite as good at that as the "Flippy ****", that's where the dip in ratings was coming from.

• 4 months later...