Not Gaining Popularity

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="natey2k4" data-cite="natey2k4" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48260" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fair, I guess. I just thought most indy promotions were above 100 these days. My home promotion, which I'm a wrestler for, averages about 150-200 and it's pretty small - we don't even record matches, etc.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In reality, there are even smaller. There are a couple I'm familiar with in PA who draw 60 or less. They're the exact types that Cornette refers to as 'outlaw mudshow' in that they entertain via shock (light tubes, barbed wire, sick bumps all over the place). In TEW terms, it would be an insignificant sized promotion that runs 3 shows a year.</p>

<p>Seems like a more organic pop growth is at play which is brilliant imo. Just had a test game with CWW and their pop is twelve and I got 39 and 42 in my two shows with no pop gain. Looking at it realistically, how quickly is a fed that draws 60 people to Peter Kay's Working Men's Club going to grow? I think a better gauge at this level would be attendance increase or decrease as surely word of mouth is the primary means of exposure for such a small company, by 'eck. I saw no pop gain after my first show, but more people attended my second.</p><p> </p><p>

True immersion would be the removal of pop ratings altogether with only ticket sales, tv ratings, event buys and merch sales the only way to track success or failure.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jean-vic" data-cite="jean-vic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48260" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>True immersion would be the removal of pop ratings altogether with only ticket sales, tv ratings, event buys and merch sales the only way to track success or failure.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This would be a very hardcore and interesting <strong>option</strong>. Perhaps as an addition to Pro Mode.</p>

Just to echo what Blackman said, I have been playing as CWW and have done 5 shows ranging from 30-37 in rating. That's a performance of between 18-25 better than my popularity. I'm at 7% prestige and 15% momentum.

The UK economy is at 41 and rising and the industry is at 24 and rising.

At the moment I am blaming it on the Industry level (I thought it was the 41 and didn't look properly originally), but it is a bit off-putting having every single show so far tell me it's not increased my popularity. I'm wondering what the equation is for its calculation. I dont think it will be as cut and dry as Industry being a % of your show grade (e.g. 24 industry on a 37 rated card = 9.99), but it could be and would explain not getting any gain from a 12 pop company.

Seems like a more organic pop growth is at play which is brilliant imo. Just had a test game with CWW and their pop is twelve and I got 39 and 42 in my two shows with no pop gain. Looking at it realistically, how quickly is a fed that draws 60 people to Peter Kay's Working Men's Club going to grow? I think a better gauge at this level would be attendance increase or decrease as surely word of mouth is the primary means of exposure for such a small company, by 'eck. I saw no pop gain after my first show, but more people attended my second.

True immersion would be the removal of pop ratings altogether with only ticket sales, tv ratings, event buys and merch sales the only way to track success or failure.

This is all fine and dandy but it seems given the myriad of people having this issue with this exact company it’s just bugged.