National Wrestling Alliance: A Return to Glory

[QUOTE=NeoMetsFan;138430]This is good, it's more fun reading this than it is watching TNA...but in any event who played the Patriot in the match against Corino in the first post? I'm just curious.[/QUOTE] That would be the one and only Tom Brandi. I highly doubt we'll be seeing more of him though. :rolleyes: Thanks for the compliments Neo. I'm working on this dynasty. I'm several shows ahead of where I am now but I have limited time, especially when I factor in my crippling World of Warcraft addiction. I try to pop up some updates when I have free time at work. I should have the latest episode of Fusion up tonight.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]Wednesday May 24th, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER] Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]"You are looking live at the jam-packed Cricket Arena in the heart of Charlotte and this is FUSION! I am your host, Scott Hudson and I am joined once again by Mister James E. Cornette." "Thank you again America for picking the best, most original, most exciting and fast-growing wrestling show in the country. You know, there is that word again Scott....wrestling. That is what is all about and tonight was have a great NWA tournament quarterfinal double main event featuring four great WRESTLERS! The Real Deal D'Lo Brown takes on the masked luchadore La Parka and the menacing Matt Weise takes on Mike Awesome in two classic showdowns!" "It should be a tremendous night of NWA action as we continue to work towards crowning the first true World Champion of the new century! Let's head to the ring!"[/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Vampiro, Mike Awesome, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Lizmark Jr, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure

[QUOTE=Wildfire1324;138435]That would be the one and only Tom Brandi. I highly doubt we'll be seeing more of him though. :rolleyes: Thanks for the compliments Neo. I'm working on this dynasty. I'm several shows ahead of where I am now but I have limited time, especially when I factor in my crippling World of Warcraft addiction. I try to pop up some updates when I have free time at work. I should have the latest episode of Fusion up tonight.[/QUOTE] NOOOOO! We want Salvatore Sincere!!!! He LOOOOVESSS everybody! :D

[QUOTE][CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In the first match of the night, Chris Hero defeats Jody Fleisch with the Hero's Welcome in 4:17. After the match, Hero gets on the microphone. [B]"Losing in the first round of the World title tournament to an idiot like La Parka makes me sick. It was a fluke, a goddamn fluke. I got sloppy but that won't happen again even though all you moron fans would love to see it. I have dominated the Combat Zone and I've decimated Ring of Honor much to the chagrin of all of the internet geeks out there. I'm simply too talented to be held back for long. You sure don't deserve it but you losers have a BRAND....NEW.....HERO!"[/B] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Chris Hero tries to win friends and influence people.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER] Hero drops the mic and leaves to a chorus of boos and assorted comments about his mother. (Match C, Promo C+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Trent Acid, who was accompanied to ringside by his tag team partner Julio Dinero, defeats Nigel McGuinness in 6:03 with a rollup and the Greco-Roman handful of tights. Nigel gets a measure of revenge by getting a few shots in on Julio but the Xtreme Horsemen quickly slip away having stolenthe win. (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The cameraman catches D'Lo Brown backstage psyching himself up. He makes his way out of the locker room and down the hall heading towards the ring. Before he steps through the curtain, he makes the sign of the cross and points to the sky. (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] D'Lo Brown defeats La Parka in 12:11. In the final sequence, La Parka misses the Sky Twister Press and D'Lo follows up with the Low Down. Following the match, both men shake hands in the ring as a sign of mutual respect. (Match B+. Handshake A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Lauren Jones shows off her talents by managing to shoot several of the brand new Xtreme Horsemen T-shirts into the crowd (available now on NWAwrestling.com!) while wearing an even skimpier outfit than last week! (A*)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Matt Weise continues his streak of dominance by defeating Mike Awesome in 7:58 following the Stump Grinder. Awesome put up a hell of a fight but Weise manages to open up his old wounds from Vampiro and it would all go downhill from there for him. Awesome left a bloody mess but receives a nice hand from the fans. Matt Weise takes the microphone from Lauren Jones. [B]"That's right people. Give Mike a nice hand. He did a great job getting his ass handed to him. He's lucky I mercifully ended it when I did or his next gig would have been as a cadaver for the medical students at the local hospital to study! Now that we're done with that piece a crap, I want to send a little warning out to the so-called "Real Deal". D'Lo Brown, I want you to spend a lot of time with your family the next couple of days because after our semifinal match, I can't guarantee you'll be around for them. You're standing between a rampaging monster and the legendary ten pounds of gold. I wouldn't want to be you."[/B] (Match B+, Promo B) [/QUOTE] End of Show: Grade: B+

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]From NWAwrestling.com[/B] The semi-finals of the NWA World Title Tournament are set and what a final four it is! In one match "The King of Old School" Steve Corino takes on the dangerous Masato Tananka and in the other, "The Real Deal" D'Lo Brown goes one on one with the self-proclaimed "Mr. Mean", Matt Weise. You are not going to want to miss a second of the the hard-hitting action as we continue our march to crown the first true NWA World Heavyweight of the new century! All this and much more on FUSION this week! Wednesday Night, 9PM only on Fuse!

[B]Date:Monday May 29th, 2006 Location: the office of the NWA President[/B] Two days before our biggest episode of FUSION ever, I'm in my office going over plans with Jim Cornette, Stan Hansen, and the final four, Corino, Weise, D'Lo and Tanaka (with a little help from Hansen's Japanese translations). [B]"I'm allotting the entire show for you four. I'm not booking another match besides these two. Each one will be billed as a thirty minute time limit and we'll announce that FUSE has authorized an overrun if it is deemed necessary. Steve, you and Masato will go first and I want you to tear the house down with your brawl. Both matches with be no count out and no DQ but that doesn't mean I want you taking Jeff Jarrett shortcuts like stand-up brawling through the crowd. Its played. Its tired. Its not us! I want hard hitting. I want intense. I want strong-style to the max! D'Lo and Matt will close the show and I expect the same from you guys. Matt, I want this match to be as gritty and as real as your promos have been lately." "You got it boss." "I know you four have it in you to tear the roof off this building and I fully expect you to do it otherwise you wouldn't be here. I will not accept anything less than maximum effort. This is only the beginning of our shining moment. Those fans in the arena are about to taken on a 60 minute roller coaster of emotion and the TV audience will know they're witnessing the start of something special. Steve and Masato, I want you guys to talk things over with Stan regarding your match and D'Lo and Matt, I want you guys to talk with James. These guys have forgotten more about wrestling than I'll ever know. I just want to add you all have been doing one hell of at job and I truly appreciate all you've been doing for myself and the NWA. After the meetings, dinner is on me."[/B] I've been working these guys to the bone the last few weeks between wrestling and appearances. We haven't turned down a single media request and sought out several more on our own. I know they can handle it. Besides, the effort and heart they've shown is easily worth a couple of steaks and a few (dozen) beers tonight. [B]"Oh Steve one more thing. Now that CW has ditched us for the money and prestige of a jobber slot on ECW, we need to discuss the future status of the Xtreme Horsemen......"[/B]

From NWAwrestling.com [CENTER] [B]TWO HOUR NWA SPECIAL THIS SATURDAY NIGHT ON FUSE![/B] Photobucket[/CENTER] The NWA and Fuse are proud to announce the debut of NWA Showdown this saturday night, June 3rd 2006. This two hour special will be airing live from 9pm to 11pm EST and will feature the finals of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Don't miss the huge semi-final match-ups this Wednesday on Fusion featuring D'Lo Brown taking on Matt Weise and Steve Corino taking on Masato Tanaka, then come Saturday night, witness the culmination of this epic tournament and see the crowning of the first true NWA World Champion of the new century. All of this and much much more this Wednesday on Fusion at 9pm and this Saturday on NWA Showdown also at 9pm. Don't not miss this epic event!

[B]Wednesday May 31st, 2006, 9pm EST:[/B] [CENTER] Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [QUOTE]FUSION opens cold with Lauren Jones already in the ring, making the official announcements for the opening match, Steve Corino versus Masato Tanaka.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Masata Tanaka is shown leaving his locker room, walking to the ring with a towel around his neck. He is looking very confident. Int he hallway, ee passes by D'Lo Brown who bumps fists and wishes him luck. Tanaka accepts the gesture and nods his head slightly. (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Steve Corino is backstage in the Xtreme Horsemen locker room with a live mic. [B]"Well, well, well, it looks like the King of Old School is just about to re-ascend to his throne right on schedule. I told everyone when this whole tournament started that the legendary ten pounds of gold would be right around my waist when all was said and done. It didn't matter who I faced. It didn't matter what obstacles were in my path. Hell, it didn't even matter that the Xtreme Horsemen are down a man now that CW bailed on us for the money. Nothing can stop me, not when I'm so close I can taste it, despite the best efforts of the NWA. Masato Tanaka, you and I have locked horns all over the world and I respect the hell out of you. I know you are a world class opponent and I don't overlook that fact but tonight, I will not be denied. Not by you, not by that monster Matt Weise and certainly not by that idiot D'Lo Brown. Get used to it America, you're looking at the next NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World! Let's get down to the ring boys."[/B] Corino leaves followed by Jack Victory, Julio Dinero and Trent Acid. (A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In the first match of the evening, Steve Corino pinned Masato Tanaka in 26:08. The end comes when Tanaka blasts Corino with the Roaring Elbow but Dinero and Acid distract referee Brian Hebner, breaking up a sure three count. With Hebner's back to the action, Jack Victory clobbers Tanaka with brass knuckles and drags a battered and bloodied Corino onto his opponent, escaping the ring just before the referee turns around and makes the three count. Corino and company quickly make their way to the back while Tanaka pounds the mat in frustration. The crowd gives a disappointed Masato Tanaka a nice ovation as he heads to the back. (A) [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [B][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"]Steve Corino struggles to escape Masato Tanaka's figure-four leglock.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Lauren Jones brings the mood of the crowd back up by firing the brand new NWA Showdown t-shirts (available on NWAwrestling.com) into the stands. (A*)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Rip Rogers tries to interview Matt Weise backstage. [B]"Matt, what are you thoughts about tonight's match? Is it safe to assume that this is the biggest match of your career?" [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "Biggest match of my career? What kind of goddamn question is that? Of course it is! You must be a goddamn rocket scientist! My thoughts? My thoughts are that actions speak louder than words and my actions tonight against D'Lo would get me sent back to prison if I committed them anywhere other than inside the ring. Now get the hell out of my way before you p*ss me off even more than have already."[/B] (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] D'Lo is shown finishing up stretching. The Briscoe Brothers, Colt Cabana, and Doug Williams (with his arm still in a sling) all come up to wish him good luck. D'Lo thanks them and makes his way to the ring. (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] D'Lo Brown pins Matt Weise in 22:58. Weise thought he had the match won when he plants D'Lo with the Stump Grinder but the Real Deal manages to kick out at the absolute last second, prompting a Matt Weise tirade at the referee which gives D'Lo precious seconds to recover. As Weise continues to verbally denigrate the mother of referee Rudy Charles, D'Lo shakes out the cobwebs and manages to school boy him for the three count. As the bell rings, Weise goes absolutely ballistic, tossing the referee out of the ring and violently assaulting Brown. Officials pour out from the locker room and manage to drag him off of the bloodied and prone victor. (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Scott Hudson and Jim Cornette condemn Weise's actions as downright criminal before segueing into a plug for NWA Showdown this Saturday night on Fuse. They openly speculate how this vicious assault will affect D'Lo Brown's performance. A video highlight package of the NWA World title tournament focusing mainly on Corino and Brown is shown as they close the show.(B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER] [B] [SIZE="5"]CORINO-BROWN for the NWA title[/SIZE] NWA SHOWDOWN, SATURDAY NIGHT 9PM EST LIVE ON FUSE[/B] Photobucket[/CENTER][/QUOTE] Rating: A

From NWAwrestling.com [CENTER][B]NWA SHOWDOWN, THIS SATURDAY NIGHT AT 9PM EST![/B] Photobucket[/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"][B][COLOR="Blue"]STEVE CORINO VERSUS D'LO BROWN FOR THE NWA WORLD HEAVY WEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] The NWA World Title Tournament has been building for weeks and it culminates this Saturday in our huge main event to crown the first true World Champion of the new century. In addition, the rest of the card has just been announced. There will be two triple threat matches to determine the top contenders to the NWA North American Championship. The two winners will face one another with the gold on the line this Wednesday on Fusion! [CENTER] [B][SIZE="5"][FONT="Impact"][COLOR="Blue"]Colt Cabana versus Daniel Puder versus Lizmark Jr[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE].[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"][FONT="Impact"]Nigel McGuinness versus Chris Hero versus Mike Awesome[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] Also there will be two singles matches to determine the new number contender to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. The winners of these matches will face off on Fusion this Wednesday with the number contender status being up for grabs! [CENTER] [B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"][FONT="Impact"]Tito Ortiz vs Masato Tanaka La Parka vs Vampiro[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] And also you will see: [B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]The Briscoe Brothers versus Julio Dinero and Trent Acid Abdullah the Butcher versus Bison Smith[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]ALL THIS AND MUCH MORE THIS SATURDAY NIGHT AT 9PM ON NWA SHOWDOWN LIVE ONLY ON FUSE![/SIZE][/B]

[QUOTE=NeoMetsFan;139620]Is Abdullah v. Bison a hardcore match? I'd pay to watch that in a heartbeat, even with a 60 year old Abdullah.[/QUOTE] If you ask me it needs to be some kind of hardcore match. Anything else with Abdullah would stink the place up (no disrespect for The Butcher, its just the truth)

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]Excerpt from the Bruce Mitchell Audio update on PWTorch.com for Friday June 2nd. Wade Keller: Okay Bruce, the NWA is preparing for it biggest show ever, at least in this incarnation. Tomorrow night their main event is D'Lo Brown and Steve Corino for the vacant NWA World title. Who should they go with and who will they go with? Bruce Mitchell: Honestly Wade you can make a case for both of them. They both have looked pretty good on Fusion so far. I would probably go with Steve Corino just because he doesn't have that WWE reject aura to him. WK: Its been a number of years since D'Lo has been in the WWE. Do you think he still has that stigma? BM: They all do Wade until that break out on their own in another company. Fair or unfair, its the truth. I think D'Lo is a good wrestler but I don't know if he can deliver on the level of a World champion if we can even call the NWA that. I guess we will find out tomorrow night. WK: Okay this is a good place to stop. On the second part of the Bruce Mitchell Audio Update, which should be up tomorrow afternoon before Showdown, we'll go over the rest of the card as well as discuss the impact of the WWE's developmental system now that Barry Horowitz has taken over as the head booker of Ohio Valley Wrestling........[/B]

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] From NWAwrestling.com Your voice counts! The NWA wants to know which match at Showdown this Saturday you are most excited about! [LIST] [*][B]Corino - Brown: [*]Ortiz - Tanaka: [*]Vampiro - La Parka: [*]Cabana - Puder - Lizmark Jr: [*]McGuiness - Hero - Awesome: [*]The Briscoes - Dinero/Acid: [*]Abdullah - Bison:[/B] [/LIST]

[B]7:15PM, June 3rd, 2006 The locker room of the Asheville Civic Center, Asheville, NC[/B] [B]"Can you feel it in the air? The sense of accomplishment? Of pride? Of success? I hope you all can feel what I'm feeling right now because I am so goddamn proud of you guys. We all came together a few week's ago and we're already about to have our first prime-time special. This is because your blood, your sweat, your efforts. I can't tell you how grateful I am to each and every one of you. You have all given me...and all of our fans your maximum efforts and it has shown. After one month, we are already the highest rated show on the Fuse network!"[/B] The locker room erupted into cheers and high fives at that point. I didn't mention that being the highest rated show on Fuse was like the equivalent of being the top rocket scientist at your local community college. We were barely making a ripple but it was a start. I had already started the process of negotiating our move onto a bigger network. It would take months, maybe even a year or two but I was confident we could get there. Of course that assumes that the bottom won't fall out on us which started with the need to get a good rating for this show tonight. I wanted to start an advertising blitz earlier than we did but understandably the network was dragging its feet and wouldn't firmly commit to the special until the saw a few weeks worth of our ratings. As the cheers died down, I pressed on. [B]"We have been doing a great job filling up the Cricket Arena in Charlotte but we're not going to fall into the TNA trap of staying in one spot for way too long. I'm proud to announce that in the next few weeks, the NWA will be taping from Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee!"[/B] The cheers started up again which prevented me from continuing to babble on and having an embarrassing repeat of Howard Dean's Primary moment. [B]"In addition to taking our show on the road, I hope I'm not being too premature in telling you guys this but I think its just a matter of time until we will be on national Pay-Per View television!"[/B] More cheers. [B]"But......"[/B] I pause for dramatic effect. [B]"But we need to have a strong showing tonight. If we go out there and wet the bed out there, none of this will matter! We will be goddamn fluke! I don't want that to be our fate. We don't deserve that. This business doesn't deserve that and this damn company sure as hell doesn't deserve that! So tonight I'm going to ask more of you than I have before. Tonight when you go out there. I want you to wrestle for yourself. I want you to wrestle for the fans here and the fans watching around the world. But, most importantly, I want you to wrestle for all the grapplers who paved the way for you and all the ones that you will someday pass the torch to in the future. I want you all to go out there and have the best match you can, have the best time you can and I want you all to be safe. Lastly, I have one more thing to show you. Tonight, Steve and D'Lo will compete for this, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, the legendary ten pounds of gold!"[/B] [CENTER] Photobucket[/CENTER] I unveil the legendary title, a beautiful mixture of gold, jewels, and engravings on a black leather belt. The locker room oooh's and ahhh's. [B] "Any one of you could be wearing this belt some day. Consider tonight the start of your own personal road to this title!"[/B] They break into cheers and start an NWA chant. Once the cheers die down, Stan Hansen gathers everyone and leads them in prayer. These pre-show locker room meetings were starting to get easier. I just hope that I had inspired my troops. I would find out soon.

[QUOTE=Wildfire1324;140576]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting From NWAwrestling.com Your voice counts! The NWA wants to know which match at Showdown this Saturday you are most excited about! [B]Corino - Brown:[/B] Ortiz - Tanaka: Vampiro - La Parka: Cabana - Puder - Lizmark Jr: McGuiness - Hero - Awesome: The Briscoes - Dinero/Acid: Abdullah - Bison:[/QUOTE] Corino vs. Brown should be very good

[CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]"The wait is over! The countdown to Showdown is over! Tonight we crown a champion! I am Scott Hudson, joined once again by the legendary Jim Cornette and Jim, the Asheville Civic Centre is packed to the rafters. You can feel the energy emanating from the crowd tonight!" "You certainly can Scott. There definitely something in the air tonight. People were lined up hours in advance outside the arena. Everyone can't wait for Showdown and it all starts with our main event, one fall for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, D'Lo Brown versus Steve Corino!" "That is right Jim. Those two men have earned that shot by surviving a grueling tournament. The really big news though, which we just found out before we went on the air, is that Jack Victory, Julio Dinero, and Trent Acid, the Xtreme Horsemen, have been banned from ringside. If any of them even try to interfere in this match, Steve Corino will be disqualified and D'Lo Brown will be the first true NWA World Heavyweight Champion of the new century!" "In addition to that huge match, we have two triple threat matches to determine who among "Classic" Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, Mike Awesome, Lizmark Jr., "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder and Nigel McGuiness will battle for the NWA North American Championship on Fusion this Wednesday!" "And don't forget we have a big rematch from the NWA Tournament which will see Masato Tanaka going one on one with Tito Ortiz again. The winner of that match will face the winner of tonight's Vampiro and La Parka bout on Fusion this Wednesday, with the winner of that match becoming the new number one contender for the NWA World Heavyweight title!" "All this and much, much more here on Showdown! Let's head to the ring!"[/B] The theme song for Showdown is Hey Man, Nice Shot by Filter. [CENTER][/CENTER]

In dark matches Nosawa defeated Jody Fleisch and the debuting SAT's defeated Evan Karagias and Christian York with the Spanish Fly. [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In the opening match of the evening Bison Smith pins Abdullah the Butcher on top of Jim Cornette and Scott Hudson's announce table in a bloody hardcore match following the Bisontenial. (C-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] The camera shifts to backstage and catches the Xtreme Horsemen arriving at the arena. As they pour out of the limo, Rip Rogers asks a clearly surprised Steve Corino for his thoughts on the NWA Board of Directors rulling that the rest of the Horsemen have been banned from ringside. [B]"My thoughts? I'll tell you my thoughts! My thoughts are I think this is absolute crap. From day one the NWA has tried to make sure that I do not win their precious belt but I have not come this far to come up empty handed. You can count on that! Come on boys, meeting time."[/B] Corino and the Horsemen storm off, clearly flustered. (A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In a triple threat match, Chris Hero defeats Nigel McGuiness and Mike Awesome. The ending comes when Awesome absolutely crushes McGuiness with an Awesome Bomb and raises his arms up to celebrate. Hero ambushes Awesome from behind with a low-blow and steals the pinfall on McGuiness. Hero slithers out of the ring and celebrates his win, cackling like a mad man because he knows he just stole one. (C+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] The Briscoe Brothers defeat Trent Acid and Julio Dinero by DQ following Jack Victory's interference. Following the DQ, the three of them beat down the Briscoes until officials came running out of the locker room. (Match B-. Beatdown C+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In the second triple threat match of the evening, Colt Cabana defeats Daniel Puder and Lizmark Jr. Near the end of the match, Puder belly to belly suplexs Lizmark and then does the same to Colt. He lets out a primal bellow and is about to slap the Keylock on him when a masked man comes down to ringside and starts arguing with Don Callis. As Puder leans out of the ring to tell him to get the hell out of here, the masked man nails Puder with a forearm shot that appears to knock him out cold. Colt Cabana quickly schoolboys him for the pinfall and the win. The masked man knocks out Callis with another forearm shot before taking off his jacket to reveal a cast and removing his mask to reveal the returning Doug Williams! Callis helps his bewildered charge to the back as Colt and Doug celebrate the win. (Match B-, Celebration B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] The backstage camera catches up with Masato Tanaka who is laid out in a back hallway, battered and beaten. Stan Hansen helps him up and asks him what the hell happened. Tanaka manages to get out in broken English, [B]"Horsemen!"[/B] Hansen tries to get Tanaka to see the paramedics but he stubbornly refuses and heads to the ring for his match with Tito Ortiz. (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Tito Ortiz defeats a battered Masato Tanaka by referee's stoppage following a ground and pounding. (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] La Parka defeated Vampiro by pinfall following the Sky Twister Press. (B) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Rip Rogers is in the Xtreme Horsemen's locker room. Steve Corino begins, [B]"Let me tell you this Rip, the Horsemen unequivocally had nothing to do with what happened to poor Masato Tanaka. This is a conspiracy against us. Someone is trying to distract me moments before the biggest match of my career. Well its not going to work. I am focused on one thing and one thing only, the NWA World title! I am looking ahead to the future, looking ahead to crushing D'Lo Brown, not looking back to the past where I already defeated Masato Tanaka. He's yesterday's news, not worthy of the Horsemen's attention. Now do you have any questions about tonight's match before Jack throws your ass out of our locker room?"[/B] Corino snatches the microphone out of his hand. [B]"Actually get rid of this waste of time now Jack."[/B] Jack Victory grabs Rip Rogers by the scruff of his neck and drags him out. Corino continues. [B]"They always say never say never in this business but I will say this D'Lo Brown. You will never, I repeat NEVER beat the King of Old School. That title will secure my legacy in this business and line my pockets with all the riches that being the World champ means. I'll be damned if some no-talent WWE reject is going to take that from me and steal my moment of glory. The time for fooling around is over. The time for the King of Old School to re-ascend to his throne is just about upon us and that my friend, is the real deal."[/B] (A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Ring announcer Lauren Jones contributes to our fine little show by shooting the new NWA Showdown t-shirts into the crowd. (A*)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]D'Lo Brown is shown in his locker room sitting quietly. He looks extremely focused and quietly confident. Stan Hansen comes by, [B]"Its time son. You ready?" "I've been ready my whole life Mister Hansen. I just haven't had the chance to prove it. Ain't no way I'm letting this opportunity pass me by." "Mr Hansen is my pappy and he ain't been with us for a long time son. Once upon a time I was the Lariat but these days, I'm just Stan. My best advice is to try and take it all in. Enjoy the moment. The second that belt is around your waist, it'll be the greatest moment of your life, the greatest high you've ever imagined. At that moment, all the effort, all the sacrifices, all the crap you've had to put up with, I promise you this, it'll all be worth it. Now go git 'em son!" D'Lo shakes Stan Hansen's hand and leaves the locker room, heading towards the ring. Several of the babyface wrestlers clap for him and shout encouragement to him as he heads towards the curtain. (Hansen segement B+, Walking to the ring B+) [/QUOTE][/B] [B]THE MAIN EVENT IS NEXT!![/B]

Lauren Jones is in the ring with a microphone in her hand. Steve Corino and D'Lo Brown have both made their entrances and are awaiting the official announcements. [B]"Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for our MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING! This match is scheduled for one fall and is for the National Wrestling Alliance Heavyweight Championship of the World!" [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "Introducing first, standing in the corner to my left, weighing in tonight at two hundred and forty two pounds, standing six feet two inches tall, hailing from Sea Isle City, New Jersey, he is the King of Old School, Steve Corino!" [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "And his opponent, standing in the corner to my right, weighing in tonight at two hundred and sixty eight pounds, standing six feet one inch tall, fighting out of Chicago, Illinois, he is the Real Deal, D'Lo Brown! [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [/CENTER] "When the bell rings, the man in charge will be NWA Senior Official, Mister Rudy Charles."[/B] [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Rudy Charles calls both men into the center of the ring and Lauren Jones holds the microphone for him during final instructions. [B]"Okay men, I want a good, clean fight. On my signal, you will go back to you corner and when the bell rings come out fighting. Are there any questions?"[/B] Both men shake their heads no and Corino refuses D'Lo's handshake gesture. [B]"Its time then. Good luck to you both."[/B] [B] DING DING DING[/B]

The two men tie up to start and D'Lo locks on an armbar. He powers him down to one knee on the mat by continuing to work the arm until Corino rolls through. Corino attempts a couple of jabs but is blocked on all of his strikes and D'Lo counters with a few jabs of his own. He bodyslams Corino down to the mat and goes to drop his patented D'Lo Brown legdrops but misses. Corino rolls out of the way and counters with a stiff kick to the chest. Corino locks on a wristlock but D'Lo elbows out. He reverses several of Corino’s holds and hits chops in response. He nails a hiptoss and a dropkick for a one count. He slaps on a single leg Boston Crab and Corino has to reach the ropes for a break. He grabs D'Lo by the trunks and uses the leverage to propel him out to the floor. Corino follows and they exchange blows but they're both back in the ring at the count of eight. Corino hits a DDT for a two count. He follows up with a gut-wrench suplex for another two count. Corino locks on the Fujiwara armbar but D'Lo manages to get to the ropes to force a break. D'Lo reverses an Irish whip and tosses Corino with a high backdrop. After a lateral press, Corino kicked out at one but D'Lo kept the pressure on. He starts to unload with the heavy artillery nailing a series of punches that sends Corino scurrying out of the ring to regroup.As D'Lo tries to pull his rival back into the ring by his hair, Corino manages to nail a low blow that the ref is out of position to see. Corino begins to work on systematically dismantling his opponent. He manages to retain the upper hand for a good five minutes until D'Lo begins to rally. As the momentum begins to turn in D'Lo's favor, he goes for the Sky High power bomb but Corino manages to slip out and shoves D'Lo from behind.....right into referee Rudy Charles who gets knocked out cold. Corino quickly eye gouges D'Lo and follows up with a DDT. With no ref to make the count, Corino signals to the back and the Xtreme Horsemen emerge from behind the curtain. Before they can make their way to the ring, Masato Tanaka comes running out from the back and takes them out. Corino looks like he has seen a ghost and begins to back away from Tanaka who begins to run towards the ring. As Tanaka rolls into the ring, D'Lo gets back up on his feet and tries to shake off the cobwebs. Tanaka points at Corino and makes a throat slitting gesture. Corino tries nail Tanaka with a quick right hand but gets cut off by a quick chop from D'Lo. D'Lo unloads with several more shots and attempts and Irish whip which Corino reverses and sends him flying...right into a Roaring Elbow that he never saw coming. [B]"What the hell was that?"[/B] questioned Scott Hudson. Rudy Charles comes to right after Tanaka rolls out of the ring to a huge chorus of boos. Rudy Charles crawls over and makes the count. ONE. [B]"Dammit not like this!"[/B] exclaims Jim Cornette. TWO. [B]"No!"[/B]. THREE! [B]"Son of a b*tch! That bastard Masato Tanaka has just cost D'Lo Brown the World Heavyweight Championship!"[/B] Lauren Jones makes the official announcement although she is barely heard over the boos and catcalls of a livid crowd. [B]"Ladies and gentlemen, here is your winner......and NEW NWA HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD, STEVE CORINO!"[/B] Masato Tanaka climbs back into the ring with the belt and approaches Corino who cautiously eyes him before a huge grin comes over his face and the two men hug in the center of the ring. Tanaka straps the belt onto Corino as the Xtreme Horsemen pour into the ring to celebrate. As the celebration continues, Corino holds up four fingers, followed by Trent, Julio and Jack all doing the same. They all turn and face Tanaka who then grins and makes the same gesture. [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [B][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"]Steve Corino celebrates his newly won NWA World Title with Jack Victory[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] Jim Cornette is speechless and Scott Hudson speaks slowly, clearly struggling to find the right words. [B]"Oh my God. Masato Tanaka is with the Xtreme Horsemen? Steve Corino is the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion! Has this been a damn setup from the beginning?"[/B] (A*) Show Rating: B+ END OF SHOW

Thanks Old School. I'm trying to stay true to the roots of the NWA but still bring it into this century. Its a fine line to walk so hopefully I'm doing alright. Corino just seems like he would have fit right in with mid-eighties NWA so he was an obvious choice for the first champ. It didn't hurt that him and D'Lo have fantastic chemistry either. :)

Archived