National Wrestling Alliance: A Return to Glory

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a dark match Nosawa defeated Mikey Batts with the Shining Wizard. [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In an exciting opening match, Nigel McGuinness defeats Chris Hero in a non-title match in 7:01 following interference by Vampiro. Following the bout, Hero and Vampiro brawl in the ring. Vampiro is about to hit the Nail in the Coffin but Hero escapes and rolls out of the ring. He takes the ringside microphone from Lauren Jones. [B]"You think you're taking my belt? You think you can beat me at me own game? You must be even dumber than that haircut looks! Victory will be mine on Saturday, so says the Brand New Hero!"[/B] (Match B, Brawl B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Scott Hudson and Jim Cornette announce that following the brutal assault by the King of Monsters, Matt Weise, Mike Awesome has suffered severe internal injuries and doesn't appear to coming back to the NWA any time soon. Hudson speculates if anyone can stop Weise. Cornette announces that at Showdown 2, we will see if he can be beaten when he takes on one of the top superstars in the NWA, the masked luchadore, La Parka! (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Becky Bayless is standing in the middle of the ring and introduces Tito Ortiz, "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder, and Don Callis who walk to the ring to Mosh by Eminem. [B]"Thanks for coming out guys. The question on everyone's mind is what is....."[/B] Daniel Puder grabs the microphone out of Becky's hand. [B]"The real question is this, can ANYONE stop us? Team Punishment, "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder, "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" Tito Ortiz, and the man with the plan, sports agent extraordinaire, Mister Don Callis!"[/B] Tito Ortiz takes the microphone. [B]"Its really quite simple. Myself and Daniel are the two best fighters in the world and you combine that with the brains and the money of Don Callis, we are unstoppable. When I first entered the NWA, I tried to go it alone with no one watching my back but I kept getting screwed by the system. That's not going to happen again. As for little Dougie Williams, its simple, he messed with my boy. I wasn't going to let that stand. Pure and simple."[/B] Tito hands the microphone off to Don Callis. [B]"It really is a no-brainer putting together the two most dominant fighters in the world. Team Punishment is going to run roughshod all over the NWA. Now apparently, little Dougie Williams hasn't gotten his ass kicked enough times and he wants to face Team Punishment at Showdown 2. Buddy its your funeral, you're on!"[/B] [CENTER] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"]Anarchy in the UK by the Sex Pistols, Doug Williams theme song[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER] Cue Doug Williams music, Anarchy in the UK by the Sex Pistols. [B]"Hello boys. I'm downright giddy that you accepted my challenge. I didn't think you had the stones to step in the ring Callis!" "What the hell are you talking about Dougie?" "I guess you didn't read the fine print, did you mate? At Showdown 2, it will be the pride of the motherland, the British Invasion and myself taking on Team Punishment, Tito Ortiz, Daniel Puder and YOU Don Callis! Cheers mates! God save the Queen!" [/B] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="1"][B]The Anarchist pulls one over on the man with the plan![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER] As the Anarchist leaves, Puder and Ortiz shoot Callis severe looks of disgust while he looks like he just saw a ghost. (B) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]As Scott Hudson gets a laugh at the situation Don Callis got himself into, Jim Cornette mentions the upcoming NWA World Tag Team title tournament, which starts next week here on FUSION, and that at Showdown 2, there will be a preview in the form of a triple threat tag team match as the Briscoe Brothers, the SATs and the team of Julio Dinero and Trent Acid clash! (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] As FUSION returns from commercial the image of the masks appears again. [CENTER] Photobucket[/CENTER] (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The cameras pan to the back into the locker rooms to see the Xtreme Horsemen and D'Lo's squad going over last minute preparations. (B+ for the Horsemen, B for D'Lo Squad)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Lauren Jones does the whole t-shirt thing, this time with the new Showdown 2 shirts (available now at NWAwrestling.com) (A*)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In the main event of the evening, the Xtreme Horsemen win a wild brawl in 23:22 following the outside interference of Matt Weise. When referee Brian Hebner is completely distracted, Weise emerges from the crowd, snatches La Parka from behind and nails the Stump Grinder on the concrete floor. After he rolls the prone luchadore back into the ring where Jack Victory grabs the cheap win. (B+)[/QUOTE] Rating: (B+)

In a dark match Nosawa defeated Mikey Batts with the Shining Wizard. [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In an exciting opening match, Nigel McGuinness defeats Chris Hero in a non-title match in 7:01 following interference by Vampiro. Following the bout, Hero and Vampiro brawl in the ring. Vampiro is about to hit the Nail in the Coffin but Hero escapes and rolls out of the ring. He takes the ringside microphone from Lauren Jones. [B]"You think you're taking my belt? You think you can beat me at me own game? You must be even dumber than that haircut looks! Victory will be mine on Saturday, so says the Brand New Hero!"[/B] (Match B, Brawl B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Scott Hudson and Jim Cornette announce that following the brutal assault by the King of Monsters, Matt Weise, Mike Awesome has suffered severe internal injuries and doesn't appear to coming back to the NWA any time soon. Hudson speculates if anyone can stop Weise. Cornette announces that at Showdown 2, we will see if he can be beaten when he takes on one of the top superstars in the NWA, the masked luchadore, La Parka! (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Becky Bayless is standing in the middle of the ring and introduces Tito Ortiz, "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder, and Don Callis who walk to the ring to Mosh by Eminem. [B]"Thanks for coming out guys. The question on everyone's mind is what is....."[/B] Daniel Puder grabs the microphone out of Becky's hand. [B]"The real question is this, can ANYONE stop us? Team Punishment, "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder, "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" Tito Ortiz, and the man with the plan, sports agent extraordinaire, Mister Don Callis!"[/B] Tito Ortiz takes the microphone. [B]"Its really quite simple. Myself and Daniel are the two best fighters in the world and you combine that with the brains and the money of Don Callis, we are unstoppable. When I first entered the NWA, I tried to go it alone with no one watching my back but I kept getting screwed by the system. That's not going to happen again. As for little Dougie Williams, its simple, he messed with my boy. I wasn't going to let that stand. Pure and simple."[/B] Tito hands the microphone off to Don Callis. [B]"It really is a no-brainer putting together the two most dominant fighters in the world. Team Punishment is going to run roughshod all over the NWA. Now apparently, little Dougie Williams hasn't gotten his ass kicked enough times and he wants to face Team Punishment at Showdown 2. Buddy its your funeral, you're on!"[/B] [CENTER] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"]Anarchy in the UK by the Sex Pistols, Doug Williams theme song[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER] Cue Doug Williams music, Anarchy in the UK by the Sex Pistols. [B]"Hello boys. I'm downright giddy that you accepted my challenge. I didn't think you had the stones to step in the ring Callis!" "What the hell are you talking about Dougie?" "I guess you didn't read the fine print, did you mate? At Showdown 2, it will be the pride of the motherland, the British Invasion and myself taking on Team Punishment, Tito Ortiz, Daniel Puder and YOU Don Callis! Cheers mates! God save the Queen!" [/B] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="1"][B]The Anarchist pulls one over on the man with the plan![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER] As the Anarchist leaves, Puder and Ortiz shoot Callis severe looks of disgust while he looks like he just saw a ghost. (B) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]As Scott Hudson gets a laugh at the situation Don Callis got himself into, Jim Cornette mentions the upcoming NWA World Tag Team title tournament, which starts next week here on FUSION, and that at Showdown 2, there will be a preview in the form of a triple threat tag team match as the Briscoe Brothers, the SATs and the team of Julio Dinero and Trent Acid clash! (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] As FUSION returns from commercial the image of the masks appears again. [CENTER] Photobucket[/CENTER] (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The cameras pan to the back into the locker rooms to see the Xtreme Horsemen and D'Lo's squad going over last minute preparations. (B+ for the Horsemen, B for D'Lo Squad)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Lauren Jones does the whole t-shirt thing, this time with the new Showdown 2 shirts (available now at NWAwrestling.com) (A*)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In the main event of the evening, the Xtreme Horsemen win a wild brawl in 23:22 following the outside interference of Matt Weise. When referee Brian Hebner is completely distracted, Weise emerges from the crowd, snatches La Parka from behind and nails the Stump Grinder on the concrete floor. After he rolls the prone luchadore back into the ring where Jack Victory grabs the cheap win. (B+)[/QUOTE] Rating: (B+)

nice TV show..It's doing its job as I'd by Showdown 2... I think Weise is going to kill La Parka...Hero will defend against Vampiro...British Invasion over Team Punishment (could we be seing the start of a turn on Callis) and cant wait to see who Mr. Wrestling III is (Jerry Lynn...He works as a III in someone elses diary, Roderick Strong, Davey Richards...I've got no clue) but the hype of his debut has been great... The Briscoes would make great NWA tag champs...Heck the Briscoes would make any great tag champs in any org...

nice TV show..It's doing its job as I'd by Showdown 2... I think Weise is going to kill La Parka...Hero will defend against Vampiro...British Invasion over Team Punishment (could we be seing the start of a turn on Callis) and cant wait to see who Mr. Wrestling III is (Jerry Lynn...He works as a III in someone elses diary, Roderick Strong, Davey Richards...I've got no clue) but the hype of his debut has been great... The Briscoes would make great NWA tag champs...Heck the Briscoes would make any great tag champs in any org...

From NWAwrestling.com [CENTER][B]NWA SHOWDOWN 2, SATURDAY NIGHT JULY 1st AT 9PM EST![/B] Photobucket [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"][B][COLOR="Blue"]STEVE CORINO AND MASATO TANAKA VERSUS D'LO BROWN AND COLT CABANA IN A STEEL CAGE MATCH!!![/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] The war between the Xtreme Horsemen and D'Lo Brown and his friends rages on with no end in. Can a violent steel cage confrontation bring closure to this white-hot feud? Turn in to Showdown 2 to find out! [CENTER] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Chris Hero versus Vampiro for the NWA North American Championship[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] BY virtue of his victory last Wednesday on FUSION, Vampiro earned a shot at the North American Champion, Chris Hero. Neither man is above bending the rules to get the win so what when happen when these two devious grapplers clash with the gold on the line? In addition: [CENTER][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Mr. Wrestling III will debut on Showdown 2 taking on Japanese star, Nosawa![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] Plus: [CENTER][B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]Tito Ortiz, Daniel Puder, and Don Callis versus Doug Williams, Nigel McGuinness and Jody Fleisch La Parka versus Matt Weise The Briscoe Brothers versus The SAT versus Trent Acid and Julio Dinero[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] All this and much more on NWA Showdown 2!

From NWAwrestling.com [CENTER][B]NWA SHOWDOWN 2, SATURDAY NIGHT JULY 1st AT 9PM EST![/B] Photobucket [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"][B][COLOR="Blue"]STEVE CORINO AND MASATO TANAKA VERSUS D'LO BROWN AND COLT CABANA IN A STEEL CAGE MATCH!!![/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] The war between the Xtreme Horsemen and D'Lo Brown and his friends rages on with no end in. Can a violent steel cage confrontation bring closure to this white-hot feud? Turn in to Showdown 2 to find out! [CENTER] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Chris Hero versus Vampiro for the NWA North American Championship[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] BY virtue of his victory last Wednesday on FUSION, Vampiro earned a shot at the North American Champion, Chris Hero. Neither man is above bending the rules to get the win so what when happen when these two devious grapplers clash with the gold on the line? In addition: [CENTER][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Mr. Wrestling III will debut on Showdown 2 taking on Japanese star, Nosawa![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] Plus: [CENTER][B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]Tito Ortiz, Daniel Puder, and Don Callis versus Doug Williams, Nigel McGuinness and Jody Fleisch La Parka versus Matt Weise The Briscoe Brothers versus The SAT versus Trent Acid and Julio Dinero[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] All this and much more on NWA Showdown 2!

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]Excerpt from the Bruce Mitchell Audio update on PWTorch.com for Friday June 30th. Wade Keller: Well Bruce, we're one night away from the NWA's second big show on Fuse, Showdown 2. How do you think the card stacks up? Bruce Mitchell: Its a pretty good card. I think the main event has been built up pretty well. You know Corino and Tanaka will have no problems bleeding inside that cage. I have to question putting Colt Cabana into a match and a feud like this though considering he's mostly been a comedy wrestler for much of his career. I guess this is his chance to prove to the blood and guts traditionalists that he can hang with the big boys so to speak. WK: What do you think of the big push that Matt Weise has been getting? He went from Mister Mean to now he's the King of the Monsters. BM: For one I'm just happy to hear a Blue Oyster Cult song that doesn't have the cowbell in it. That damn Saturday Night Live skit has ruined Don't Fear the Reaper for everyone. I think it is a really big push but he's doing a good job with it. They had him squash Mike Awesome which made sense now that he has signed with TNA. I give Mike Awesome credit for doing the right thing on his way out the door. The question is after he probably beats La Parka, where does here go from there? That is what I'm curious about, that and who the hell Mr. Wrestling III is. WK: That is one secret that still hasn't leaked out. I've been talking to all my sources and no one has a definitive answer. What a lot of people have told me however is that it is going to be more of an established veteran and not a younger wrestler like a Davey Richards or a Roderick Strong. Also that his identity should remain a secret for a while. Apparently when his identity gets revealed, they want it to be a big deal so we shall see. Anyway, that is enough NWA for now. Let's touch on how Mr. Fuji's campaign for a Congressional seat in Tennessee is going.......[/B]

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]Excerpt from the Bruce Mitchell Audio update on PWTorch.com for Friday June 30th. Wade Keller: Well Bruce, we're one night away from the NWA's second big show on Fuse, Showdown 2. How do you think the card stacks up? Bruce Mitchell: Its a pretty good card. I think the main event has been built up pretty well. You know Corino and Tanaka will have no problems bleeding inside that cage. I have to question putting Colt Cabana into a match and a feud like this though considering he's mostly been a comedy wrestler for much of his career. I guess this is his chance to prove to the blood and guts traditionalists that he can hang with the big boys so to speak. WK: What do you think of the big push that Matt Weise has been getting? He went from Mister Mean to now he's the King of the Monsters. BM: For one I'm just happy to hear a Blue Oyster Cult song that doesn't have the cowbell in it. That damn Saturday Night Live skit has ruined Don't Fear the Reaper for everyone. I think it is a really big push but he's doing a good job with it. They had him squash Mike Awesome which made sense now that he has signed with TNA. I give Mike Awesome credit for doing the right thing on his way out the door. The question is after he probably beats La Parka, where does here go from there? That is what I'm curious about, that and who the hell Mr. Wrestling III is. WK: That is one secret that still hasn't leaked out. I've been talking to all my sources and no one has a definitive answer. What a lot of people have told me however is that it is going to be more of an established veteran and not a younger wrestler like a Davey Richards or a Roderick Strong. Also that his identity should remain a secret for a while. Apparently when his identity gets revealed, they want it to be a big deal so we shall see. Anyway, that is enough NWA for now. Let's touch on how Mr. Fuji's campaign for a Congressional seat in Tennessee is going.......[/B]

[CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [/CENTER] [B]"You are looking live at the sold out UCF Arena in beautiful Orlando, Florida, home of Mickey Mouse, the Orlando Magic, and tonight the NWA! We are on the campus of the University of Central Florida and this is Showdown 2. I'm your host, Scott Hudson and I'm joined as always by the legendary manager of champions, Mister James E. Cornette." "I'm thrilled to be here Scott and I'm thrilled to bring the great fans in Orlando some real wrestling, not that Total Nonstop Jarrett garbage. Florida has a great tradition within the NWA. Some of the brightest stars of the past have made their names for themselves here in Florida, men like the American Dream, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Dick Murdoch, Kevin Sullivan, Lex Luger and many more. Tonight, the next generation of NWA stars take center stage and what a night it should be." "That's right Jim and let's start with our main event, D'Lo Brown and Colt Cabana taking on Masato Tanaka and the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Steve Corino with the confines of a fifteen foot high steel cage. This war has been raging seemingly since the NWA World title tournament started and there is no end in sight." "I have been inside a steel cage before Scott and I can tell you this. It is brutal. It is savage. That cage will show you no mercy and there is a good chance all four men will never be the same again after tonight." "And then, the NWA North American champion Chris Hero puts his title on the line against Vampiro!" "And as the saying goes, there is no honor amongst thieves. Don't expect a scientific masterpiece in this one!" "From there we go to the much-anticipated debut of Mr. Wrestling III as he takes on Nosawa. Speculation on who this could be is running rampant throughout the wrestling world. The one thing I know about Mr. Wrestling III is that I have no idea who he is." "I have to tried to find out who it is but I can't get anything. I don't know who it is either. But I do know this, the "sports agent extraordinaire" Don Callis may have bitten off more than he can chew when he teams with his two new charges, Team Punishment, Tito Ortiz and "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder to take on the Anarchist, Doug Williams and the British Invasion, Nigel McGuinness and Jody Fleisch!" And don't forget we have a preview of the upcoming NWA World Tag Team title tournament which begins this Wednesday on FUSION, as the Briscoe Brothers clash with the SATs and the team of Trent Acid and Julio Dinero. It should be a tag team classic." "And lastly, we have a match featuring the man who scared the hell out of us the other day on FUSION, the King of the Monsters, Matt Weise as he takes on La Parka. Last Wednesday, Weise crushed La Parka with that deadly Stump Grinder on the concrete. You have to assume that the masked luchadore isn't at 100% and that is dangerous when you face a monster like Matt Weise!" "All of this and much, much more. Don't you dare change that channel. This is Showdown 2 and we start now!"[/B] The theme song for SHOWDOWN 2 is [B]Intro to Its Dark and Hell is Hot[/B] by [B]DMX[/B]. [CENTER] [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [/CENTER] [B]"You are looking live at the sold out UCF Arena in beautiful Orlando, Florida, home of Mickey Mouse, the Orlando Magic, and tonight the NWA! We are on the campus of the University of Central Florida and this is Showdown 2. I'm your host, Scott Hudson and I'm joined as always by the legendary manager of champions, Mister James E. Cornette." "I'm thrilled to be here Scott and I'm thrilled to bring the great fans in Orlando some real wrestling, not that Total Nonstop Jarrett garbage. Florida has a great tradition within the NWA. Some of the brightest stars of the past have made their names for themselves here in Florida, men like the American Dream, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Dick Murdoch, Kevin Sullivan, Lex Luger and many more. Tonight, the next generation of NWA stars take center stage and what a night it should be." "That's right Jim and let's start with our main event, D'Lo Brown and Colt Cabana taking on Masato Tanaka and the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Steve Corino with the confines of a fifteen foot high steel cage. This war has been raging seemingly since the NWA World title tournament started and there is no end in sight." "I have been inside a steel cage before Scott and I can tell you this. It is brutal. It is savage. That cage will show you no mercy and there is a good chance all four men will never be the same again after tonight." "And then, the NWA North American champion Chris Hero puts his title on the line against Vampiro!" "And as the saying goes, there is no honor amongst thieves. Don't expect a scientific masterpiece in this one!" "From there we go to the much-anticipated debut of Mr. Wrestling III as he takes on Nosawa. Speculation on who this could be is running rampant throughout the wrestling world. The one thing I know about Mr. Wrestling III is that I have no idea who he is." "I have to tried to find out who it is but I can't get anything. I don't know who it is either. But I do know this, the "sports agent extraordinaire" Don Callis may have bitten off more than he can chew when he teams with his two new charges, Team Punishment, Tito Ortiz and "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder to take on the Anarchist, Doug Williams and the British Invasion, Nigel McGuinness and Jody Fleisch!" And don't forget we have a preview of the upcoming NWA World Tag Team title tournament which begins this Wednesday on FUSION, as the Briscoe Brothers clash with the SATs and the team of Trent Acid and Julio Dinero. It should be a tag team classic." "And lastly, we have a match featuring the man who scared the hell out of us the other day on FUSION, the King of the Monsters, Matt Weise as he takes on La Parka. Last Wednesday, Weise crushed La Parka with that deadly Stump Grinder on the concrete. You have to assume that the masked luchadore isn't at 100% and that is dangerous when you face a monster like Matt Weise!" "All of this and much, much more. Don't you dare change that channel. This is Showdown 2 and we start now!"[/B] The theme song for SHOWDOWN 2 is [B]Intro to Its Dark and Hell is Hot[/B] by [B]DMX[/B]. [CENTER] [/CENTER]

In dark matches Lizmark Jr. defeats Mikey Batts and Bison Smith defeats Christian York and Evan Karagias in a 2-on-1 handicapped match. [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/CENTER] In the opening bout of the evening, the SATs win the triple threat NWA World Tag Team Title Tournament preview match when Jose Maximo pins Mark Briscoe in 13:21. The ending saw Jack Victory interfere on Acid and Dinero behalf, low-blowing Mark Briscoe, but Los Maximos simultaneously dropkicked the Horsemen out of the ring, nailed the Spanish Fly on Briscoe and scored the 1-2-3. (B) [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [B][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"]Julio and Trent come up a bit short against the Briscoes and the SAT[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Cut to backstage where Becky Bayless is about to interview Matt Weise. Before she can say anything, she sees the p*ssed off look on his face, hands him the microphone, and walks off, clearly not wanting to anger the beast. [B]"Well that might have been the smartest thing that little girl has ever done, a lot smarter than this masked idiot I'm facing tonight. La Parka, did you see what I did to Mike Awesome? Did you? I pummeled him to within an inch of his life, never to be seen in the NWA. That is what is in store for you, pain and suffering, a violent end at the hands of the King of Monsters. With a little luck you'll wind up in the hospital tonight and not in a wooden crateheaded back to Mexico. Good luck tonight La Parka. You're going to need it."[/B] (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/CENTER] Matt Weise pins La Parka in 5:09 following the Stump Grinder. After a violent and bloody match, he continues the beating and is about to crush him with another Stump Grinder when Lizmark Jr. comes running down the aisle and waffles him with a chair sending him tumbling out of the ring. Lizmark saves La Parka from a violent beatdown but appears to have made a nasty enemy in the King of Monsters who wipes a trickle of blood off of his forehead, tastes it, and flashes an evil grin. (Match B+, Post Match Angle B, Lizmark Jr Face Turn Successful)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Becky Bayless is backstage with the NWA North American Champion, Chris Hero.[B] "Chris, tonight you defend your title against the mysterious Vampiro. What are your thoughts heading into this big match?"[/B] [B]"Well I think its a joke that the Brand New Hero of the people, even people as backwards as these idiots in Orlando....[/B] (Boooooo!!!) [B], has to defend his prestigious title against a painted freak like Vampiro. Never let it be said though that Chris Hero isn't a fighting champion So tonight I steamroll through Count Chocula on my way to becoming the GREATEST NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION OF ALL TIME! [/B](Booooooo!) [B]Thankyou![/B] (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/CENTER] Chris Hero defeats Vampiro in 9:53 by pinfall with a rollup, a handful of tights and his feet on the ropes. After the match, Hero quickly bails out of the ring, grabs his belt and runs towards the back, laughing like an idiot. (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The camera pans backstage to the locker room of Team Punishment. "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder is shadow boxing while Tito Ortiz is getting taped up by the trainer as Don Callis paces the room. Scott Hudson comments on how nervous he looks. Tito Ortiz's theme song, Mosh by Eminem hits and they begin to make their way towards the ring. (B+) [CENTER] [/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [QUOTE] The camera then catches up with Doug Williams, Nigel McGuinness and Jody Fleisch in their locker room where the trio appear to be finishing up pints of lager. As Arnarchy in the UK by the Sex Pistols hits, Jody stands up and proposes a toast, [B]"God save the Queen. God help Team Punishment!"[/B] They toast their drinks and leave the locker room, making their way towards the ring. (C+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/CENTER] Team Punishment wins the match when Tito Ortiz grounds and pounds Jody Fleisch after he gets slugged in the back of the head by Don Callis with a set of brass knuckles. During the match however Callis does get busted open by Doug Williams and takes a bit of a beating. Ortiz and Puder have to bail him out of several occasions and the man with the plan leaves the ring not looking like much of a winner. (B+) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The camera cuts to the back and catches Nosawa making his way towards the ring. (C-) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The arena goes dark and Summon the Heroes by John Williams begins to play. A single spotlight lights up by the entrance way to reveal Mr. Wrestling III. He is wearing a white mask with red trim, white tights with red trim, white boots, and a t-shirt that reads, "Tradition Build Legends." As the house lights come back up, he acknowledges the crowd and then makes his way to the ring, clearly all business. He stands about six feet tall and looks to be in fantastic cardiovascular shape without being overly muscled. (B) [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Mr. Wrestling III makes his way into the arena for his first match in the NWA.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/CENTER] Mr. Wrestling III defeats Nosawa by submission in 7:13. Mr. Wrestling III who is clearly a highly skilled ring technician wrestles a brilliant match, frustrating his opponent at ever turn. He befuddles Nosawa with counters to almost all of his big moves and finishes him off with the running kneelift made famous by Mr. Wrestling II and then by making him submit to the Texas Cloverleaf. Scott Hudson and Jim Cornette are clearly impressed and Cornette comments that he has seem someone wrestle a one hundred percent clean match in many years, noting he didn't even use so much as a closed fist in the bout. (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] The camera pans to the back where D'Lo Brown and Colt Cabana are going over last minute strategy with each other and the Briscoe Brothers. After a round of high fives, Brand New by Rhymefest (featuring Kanye West) hits and the duo from the Windy City make their way to the ring. (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Becky Bayless knocks on the locker room door of the Xtreme Horsemen, determined to finally get an interview with them. Julio Dinero pops out of the locker room, closing the door behind him. [B]"Hey there sweet cheeks. Let me guess. You want to talk with the champ." "Yes I want to get his thoughts before tonights main event." "Well the champ is a very busy man darlin. I'm sure though, if you would meet up with me at my hotel room later tonight, that we could arrange something....mutually beneficial."[/B] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="4"][B]***SLAP***[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] Becky Bayless smacks Julio Dinero right across the face and storms off. [B]"There's a fine line between love and hate dollface. You're smitten with the "Xtreme Heartthrob". You just don't know it yet."[/B] Julio laughs and walks back into the locker room, rubbing his jaw slightly. Battle without Honor or Humanity hits and the Xtreme Horsemen looking very serious all make their way down to ringside (B-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Lauren Jones fires NWA Showdown 2 shirts into the crowd (A*)[/QUOTE] THE MAIN EVENT IS NEXT

In dark matches Lizmark Jr. defeats Mikey Batts and Bison Smith defeats Christian York and Evan Karagias in a 2-on-1 handicapped match. [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/CENTER] In the opening bout of the evening, the SATs win the triple threat NWA World Tag Team Title Tournament preview match when Jose Maximo pins Mark Briscoe in 13:21. The ending saw Jack Victory interfere on Acid and Dinero behalf, low-blowing Mark Briscoe, but Los Maximos simultaneously dropkicked the Horsemen out of the ring, nailed the Spanish Fly on Briscoe and scored the 1-2-3. (B) [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [B][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"]Julio and Trent come up a bit short against the Briscoes and the SAT[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Cut to backstage where Becky Bayless is about to interview Matt Weise. Before she can say anything, she sees the p*ssed off look on his face, hands him the microphone, and walks off, clearly not wanting to anger the beast. [B]"Well that might have been the smartest thing that little girl has ever done, a lot smarter than this masked idiot I'm facing tonight. La Parka, did you see what I did to Mike Awesome? Did you? I pummeled him to within an inch of his life, never to be seen in the NWA. That is what is in store for you, pain and suffering, a violent end at the hands of the King of Monsters. With a little luck you'll wind up in the hospital tonight and not in a wooden crateheaded back to Mexico. Good luck tonight La Parka. You're going to need it."[/B] (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/CENTER] Matt Weise pins La Parka in 5:09 following the Stump Grinder. After a violent and bloody match, he continues the beating and is about to crush him with another Stump Grinder when Lizmark Jr. comes running down the aisle and waffles him with a chair sending him tumbling out of the ring. Lizmark saves La Parka from a violent beatdown but appears to have made a nasty enemy in the King of Monsters who wipes a trickle of blood off of his forehead, tastes it, and flashes an evil grin. (Match B+, Post Match Angle B, Lizmark Jr Face Turn Successful)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Becky Bayless is backstage with the NWA North American Champion, Chris Hero.[B] "Chris, tonight you defend your title against the mysterious Vampiro. What are your thoughts heading into this big match?"[/B] [B]"Well I think its a joke that the Brand New Hero of the people, even people as backwards as these idiots in Orlando....[/B] (Boooooo!!!) [B], has to defend his prestigious title against a painted freak like Vampiro. Never let it be said though that Chris Hero isn't a fighting champion So tonight I steamroll through Count Chocula on my way to becoming the GREATEST NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION OF ALL TIME! [/B](Booooooo!) [B]Thankyou![/B] (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/CENTER] Chris Hero defeats Vampiro in 9:53 by pinfall with a rollup, a handful of tights and his feet on the ropes. After the match, Hero quickly bails out of the ring, grabs his belt and runs towards the back, laughing like an idiot. (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The camera pans backstage to the locker room of Team Punishment. "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder is shadow boxing while Tito Ortiz is getting taped up by the trainer as Don Callis paces the room. Scott Hudson comments on how nervous he looks. Tito Ortiz's theme song, Mosh by Eminem hits and they begin to make their way towards the ring. (B+) [CENTER] [/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [QUOTE] The camera then catches up with Doug Williams, Nigel McGuinness and Jody Fleisch in their locker room where the trio appear to be finishing up pints of lager. As Arnarchy in the UK by the Sex Pistols hits, Jody stands up and proposes a toast, [B]"God save the Queen. God help Team Punishment!"[/B] They toast their drinks and leave the locker room, making their way towards the ring. (C+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/CENTER] Team Punishment wins the match when Tito Ortiz grounds and pounds Jody Fleisch after he gets slugged in the back of the head by Don Callis with a set of brass knuckles. During the match however Callis does get busted open by Doug Williams and takes a bit of a beating. Ortiz and Puder have to bail him out of several occasions and the man with the plan leaves the ring not looking like much of a winner. (B+) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The camera cuts to the back and catches Nosawa making his way towards the ring. (C-) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The arena goes dark and Summon the Heroes by John Williams begins to play. A single spotlight lights up by the entrance way to reveal Mr. Wrestling III. He is wearing a white mask with red trim, white tights with red trim, white boots, and a t-shirt that reads, "Tradition Build Legends." As the house lights come back up, he acknowledges the crowd and then makes his way to the ring, clearly all business. He stands about six feet tall and looks to be in fantastic cardiovascular shape without being overly muscled. (B) [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Mr. Wrestling III makes his way into the arena for his first match in the NWA.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/CENTER] Mr. Wrestling III defeats Nosawa by submission in 7:13. Mr. Wrestling III who is clearly a highly skilled ring technician wrestles a brilliant match, frustrating his opponent at ever turn. He befuddles Nosawa with counters to almost all of his big moves and finishes him off with the running kneelift made famous by Mr. Wrestling II and then by making him submit to the Texas Cloverleaf. Scott Hudson and Jim Cornette are clearly impressed and Cornette comments that he has seem someone wrestle a one hundred percent clean match in many years, noting he didn't even use so much as a closed fist in the bout. (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] The camera pans to the back where D'Lo Brown and Colt Cabana are going over last minute strategy with each other and the Briscoe Brothers. After a round of high fives, Brand New by Rhymefest (featuring Kanye West) hits and the duo from the Windy City make their way to the ring. (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Becky Bayless knocks on the locker room door of the Xtreme Horsemen, determined to finally get an interview with them. Julio Dinero pops out of the locker room, closing the door behind him. [B]"Hey there sweet cheeks. Let me guess. You want to talk with the champ." "Yes I want to get his thoughts before tonights main event." "Well the champ is a very busy man darlin. I'm sure though, if you would meet up with me at my hotel room later tonight, that we could arrange something....mutually beneficial."[/B] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="4"][B]***SLAP***[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] Becky Bayless smacks Julio Dinero right across the face and storms off. [B]"There's a fine line between love and hate dollface. You're smitten with the "Xtreme Heartthrob". You just don't know it yet."[/B] Julio laughs and walks back into the locker room, rubbing his jaw slightly. Battle without Honor or Humanity hits and the Xtreme Horsemen looking very serious all make their way down to ringside (B-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Lauren Jones fires NWA Showdown 2 shirts into the crowd (A*)[/QUOTE] THE MAIN EVENT IS NEXT

Nice show so far... A little surprised by the SAT victory, but the finish seems to build up an extreme horseman/Briscoes feud all the while elevating the SAT I cant really get into the mexicans too much...But "The King of Monsters" is way over in my book....I liked how he destroyed La Parka Chris Hero fills that Flair"ish/Blanchard"ish" cheating heel really well..I can see him having a long reign as NA champ I'm still puzzled about Mr. Wrestling III...Knew he was going to win, obviously...But still cant figure out who he might be...Cloverleaf crys Chad Collyer, but he isn't 6 feet tall...I'm still stumped! I like the way you are developing Julio Dinero...You're certainly painting a picture of his character for me, as he's a guy I didn't care much about, but is becoming more over in my book... Looking forward to the main event!

Nice show so far... A little surprised by the SAT victory, but the finish seems to build up an extreme horseman/Briscoes feud all the while elevating the SAT I cant really get into the mexicans too much...But "The King of Monsters" is way over in my book....I liked how he destroyed La Parka Chris Hero fills that Flair"ish/Blanchard"ish" cheating heel really well..I can see him having a long reign as NA champ I'm still puzzled about Mr. Wrestling III...Knew he was going to win, obviously...But still cant figure out who he might be...Cloverleaf crys Chad Collyer, but he isn't 6 feet tall...I'm still stumped! I like the way you are developing Julio Dinero...You're certainly painting a picture of his character for me, as he's a guy I didn't care much about, but is becoming more over in my book... Looking forward to the main event!

Lauren Jones is in the ring with a microphone in her hand. Steve Corino and D'Lo Brown have both made their entrances and are awaiting the official announcements. [B]"Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for our MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING! This match is a tag team match scheduled for one fall and will be held within the confines of a fifteen foot high steel cage! "Introducing first, standing in the corner to my left, weighing in tonight at two hundred and forty two pounds, standing six feet two inches tall, hailing from Sea Isle City, New Jersey, he is the reigning NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World, the King of Old School, Steve Corino!" [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [/CENTER] "And his tag team partner weighing in tonight at two hundred and forty one pounds, standing six feet tall and fighting out of Wakayama, Japan, he is the master of the Roaring Elbow, Masato Tanaka!" [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "And their opponents, first, standing in the corner to my right, weighing in tonight at two hundred and sixty eight pounds, standing six feet one inch tall, fighting out of Chicago, Illinois, he is the Real Deal, D'Lo Brown!" [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "And his tag team partner this evening, weighing in at two hundred and thirty nine pounds and standing six feet, one inch tall, from Chicago, Illinois, "Classic" Colt Cabana!" [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "When the bell rings, the man in charge will be NWA Senior Official, Mister Rudy Charles."[/B] [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [/CENTER] Rudy Charles calls both teams into the center of the ring and Lauren Jones holds the microphone for him during final instructions. [B]"Okay men, I want a good, clean fight. On my sign, you will go back to you corner and when the bell rings come out fighting. Are there any questions?"[/B] All four men shake their heads no. There is no attempt at a handshake from D'Lo Brown this time. [B]"Its time then. Good luck to both teams."[/B] [B] DING DING DING[/B]

Lauren Jones is in the ring with a microphone in her hand. Steve Corino and D'Lo Brown have both made their entrances and are awaiting the official announcements. [B]"Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for our MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING! This match is a tag team match scheduled for one fall and will be held within the confines of a fifteen foot high steel cage! "Introducing first, standing in the corner to my left, weighing in tonight at two hundred and forty two pounds, standing six feet two inches tall, hailing from Sea Isle City, New Jersey, he is the reigning NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World, the King of Old School, Steve Corino!" [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [/CENTER] "And his tag team partner weighing in tonight at two hundred and forty one pounds, standing six feet tall and fighting out of Wakayama, Japan, he is the master of the Roaring Elbow, Masato Tanaka!" [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "And their opponents, first, standing in the corner to my right, weighing in tonight at two hundred and sixty eight pounds, standing six feet one inch tall, fighting out of Chicago, Illinois, he is the Real Deal, D'Lo Brown!" [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "And his tag team partner this evening, weighing in at two hundred and thirty nine pounds and standing six feet, one inch tall, from Chicago, Illinois, "Classic" Colt Cabana!" [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "When the bell rings, the man in charge will be NWA Senior Official, Mister Rudy Charles."[/B] [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [/CENTER] Rudy Charles calls both teams into the center of the ring and Lauren Jones holds the microphone for him during final instructions. [B]"Okay men, I want a good, clean fight. On my sign, you will go back to you corner and when the bell rings come out fighting. Are there any questions?"[/B] All four men shake their heads no. There is no attempt at a handshake from D'Lo Brown this time. [B]"Its time then. Good luck to both teams."[/B] [B] DING DING DING[/B]

The cage door locks and D'Lo and Tanaka go right at it exchanging lefts and rights. The referee sends the Xtreme Horsemen to the back despite their protests. D'Lo ducks an elbow and grabs an arm bar. He works the arm until Tanaka rolls through and escapes. Both men tag out. Colt hits a knee to the gut on Corino and follows up with a snap mare and stiff kick to the back. Corino gets up and walks straight into a clothesline. Colt tags in D'Lo and they double team Corino with an Irish whip and a double backdrop. Tanaka comes in and the tagging in and out portion of the match ends after three minutes which was two minutes and thirty seconds longer than any expert expected it would. He tries to fight off the boys from Chicago but gets rammed hard into the cage. D'Lo and Colt follow that up by ramming Corino in the cage. D'Lo begins working over Corino while Colt brawls with Tanaka. Colt ducks a Masato Tanaka clothesline but it blasts D'Lo from behind as he never saw it coming. Corino pounces and busts D'Lo open with a series of blows to the head. Masato gains the upper hand on Colt with the greco-roman thumb to the eye. There is a double bodyslam on Colt by the Horsemen then Tanaka slams D'Lo right on top of his partner. Corino tries to send D'Lo headfirst to the cage, but it gets reversed and the NWA champion is busted open! D'Lo and Colt team up to send Tanaka into the cage. Colt locks on an abdominal stretch as Corino starts to really bleed! Tanaka attacks D'Lo from behind and begins to grind his face into the cage opening him up further. Colt breaks the hold and kicks Tanaka from behind squarely in the groin and he just crumbles to the mat. Cabana holds up two arms in the air like a football referee signaling the field goal is good! As he checks on his partner, Steve Corino has recovered somewhat and follows up with a low blow of his own with similar results. Corino follows up with a series of stiff shots to the head and Colt Cabana is busted open like a melon! He nails D-Lo with a dragon suplex then hangs him in the tree of woe. As Corino stomps away, Colt tries to intervene but gets flattened by a yakuza kick from Masato Tanaka. D'Lo escapes the tree of woe and barely breaks up a pin attempt by Tanaka on Colt. As Corino grabs him, D'Lo gets off a low blow of his own and manages to squah him with a Sky High out of nowhere! D'Lo and Colt pound away on Masato in the corner. As Colt continues to work over Masato, Steve Corino has recovered and trades forearms and kicks with the Real Deal in a violent sequence. D'Lo catches a kick and nails a capture suplex instead. He goes up to the top rope to attempt the Lo Down but Corino crotches him and gives him a belly to belly superplex! Both men land hard and are down! Colt hits a DDT on Masato and follows up by dropping five elbows on his fallen foe. Feeling confident, he climbs up to the top rope and drop another elbow only this one misses as Masato manages to pull referee Rudy Charles into the way and everyone is down. The energy from the capacity crowd is really starting to build as they are strongly behind the Hope of Chicago, encouraging them to fight on. Their cheers quickly turn to boos as Trent Acid, Julio Dinero and Jack Victory run down to ringside. Acid and Dinero begin to scale the cage but don't see the Briscoe Brothers running down after them. Jay Briscoe waffles Jack Victory with a chair and then the two brothers yank down the other Horsemen and the brawl outside the cage is on! All four men in the cage struggle to get to their feet and now the brawl inside the cage is on again. As they brawl, Colt manages to use his leverage to send Corino flying headfirst in Tanaka where the two violently smack heads busting Tanaka open and causing the wound on Corino's head to flow even more heavily. Colt tackles Masato into the cage and takes him out of the equation as D'Lo climbs to the top rope and nails the Lo Down on a bloody and nearly unconscious Corino. Acid and Dinero try desperately to get into the cage are restrained by the Briscoes. Referee Rudy Charles is recovered enough to crawl over and begins a slow count which the crowd counts along with him. One............Two................Three! D'Lo Brown and Colt Cabana win. They're battered and bloodied but they have won. The cage is unlocked and the Horsemen pulls out their teammates who are looking like two car crash victims. The Briscoe Brothers enter the cage and celebrate the victory with the boys from Chicago! They lift D'Lo onto their shoulders much to the delight of the crowd. As Showdown 2 is going off the air, all four men climb to the top corners of the cage and receive the adulation of the crowd after an amazing night of NWA action! (A) Show Rating: B+

Archived