National Wrestling Alliance: A Return to Glory

The cage door locks and D'Lo and Tanaka go right at it exchanging lefts and rights. The referee sends the Xtreme Horsemen to the back despite their protests. D'Lo ducks an elbow and grabs an arm bar. He works the arm until Tanaka rolls through and escapes. Both men tag out. Colt hits a knee to the gut on Corino and follows up with a snap mare and stiff kick to the back. Corino gets up and walks straight into a clothesline. Colt tags in D'Lo and they double team Corino with an Irish whip and a double backdrop. Tanaka comes in and the tagging in and out portion of the match ends after three minutes which was two minutes and thirty seconds longer than any expert expected it would. He tries to fight off the boys from Chicago but gets rammed hard into the cage. D'Lo and Colt follow that up by ramming Corino in the cage. D'Lo begins working over Corino while Colt brawls with Tanaka. Colt ducks a Masato Tanaka clothesline but it blasts D'Lo from behind as he never saw it coming. Corino pounces and busts D'Lo open with a series of blows to the head. Masato gains the upper hand on Colt with the greco-roman thumb to the eye. There is a double bodyslam on Colt by the Horsemen then Tanaka slams D'Lo right on top of his partner. Corino tries to send D'Lo headfirst to the cage, but it gets reversed and the NWA champion is busted open! D'Lo and Colt team up to send Tanaka into the cage. Colt locks on an abdominal stretch as Corino starts to really bleed! Tanaka attacks D'Lo from behind and begins to grind his face into the cage opening him up further. Colt breaks the hold and kicks Tanaka from behind squarely in the groin and he just crumbles to the mat. Cabana holds up two arms in the air like a football referee signaling the field goal is good! As he checks on his partner, Steve Corino has recovered somewhat and follows up with a low blow of his own with similar results. Corino follows up with a series of stiff shots to the head and Colt Cabana is busted open like a melon! He nails D-Lo with a dragon suplex then hangs him in the tree of woe. As Corino stomps away, Colt tries to intervene but gets flattened by a yakuza kick from Masato Tanaka. D'Lo escapes the tree of woe and barely breaks up a pin attempt by Tanaka on Colt. As Corino grabs him, D'Lo gets off a low blow of his own and manages to squah him with a Sky High out of nowhere! D'Lo and Colt pound away on Masato in the corner. As Colt continues to work over Masato, Steve Corino has recovered and trades forearms and kicks with the Real Deal in a violent sequence. D'Lo catches a kick and nails a capture suplex instead. He goes up to the top rope to attempt the Lo Down but Corino crotches him and gives him a belly to belly superplex! Both men land hard and are down! Colt hits a DDT on Masato and follows up by dropping five elbows on his fallen foe. Feeling confident, he climbs up to the top rope and drop another elbow only this one misses as Masato manages to pull referee Rudy Charles into the way and everyone is down. The energy from the capacity crowd is really starting to build as they are strongly behind the Hope of Chicago, encouraging them to fight on. Their cheers quickly turn to boos as Trent Acid, Julio Dinero and Jack Victory run down to ringside. Acid and Dinero begin to scale the cage but don't see the Briscoe Brothers running down after them. Jay Briscoe waffles Jack Victory with a chair and then the two brothers yank down the other Horsemen and the brawl outside the cage is on! All four men in the cage struggle to get to their feet and now the brawl inside the cage is on again. As they brawl, Colt manages to use his leverage to send Corino flying headfirst in Tanaka where the two violently smack heads busting Tanaka open and causing the wound on Corino's head to flow even more heavily. Colt tackles Masato into the cage and takes him out of the equation as D'Lo climbs to the top rope and nails the Lo Down on a bloody and nearly unconscious Corino. Acid and Dinero try desperately to get into the cage are restrained by the Briscoes. Referee Rudy Charles is recovered enough to crawl over and begins a slow count which the crowd counts along with him. One............Two................Three! D'Lo Brown and Colt Cabana win. They're battered and bloodied but they have won. The cage is unlocked and the Horsemen pulls out their teammates who are looking like two car crash victims. The Briscoe Brothers enter the cage and celebrate the victory with the boys from Chicago! They lift D'Lo onto their shoulders much to the delight of the crowd. As Showdown 2 is going off the air, all four men climb to the top corners of the cage and receive the adulation of the crowd after an amazing night of NWA action! (A) Show Rating: B+

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] From NWAwrestling.com The smoke has barely cleared from SHOWDOWN 2 but the action on FUSION is going to the next level as the NWA World Tag Team Championship tournament starts this week as two big first round matchups take place. Rumors are swirling about teams from around the globe competing for the gold so be sure to tune in this Wednesday night to see who shows up to try to claim the gold. In addition, Lizmark Jr. saved La Parka from becoming another victim of the King of Monsters. For his troubles though, Lizmark Jr. will be taking on Matt Weise in a one on one match. Will Lizmark Jr. regret helping out his fellow luchadore? All this and much more on FUSION this week! Wednesday Night, 9PM only on Fuse!

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] From NWAwrestling.com The smoke has barely cleared from SHOWDOWN 2 but the action on FUSION is going to the next level as the NWA World Tag Team Championship tournament starts this week as two big first round matchups take place. Rumors are swirling about teams from around the globe competing for the gold so be sure to tune in this Wednesday night to see who shows up to try to claim the gold. In addition, Lizmark Jr. saved La Parka from becoming another victim of the King of Monsters. For his troubles though, Lizmark Jr. will be taking on Matt Weise in a one on one match. Will Lizmark Jr. regret helping out his fellow luchadore? All this and much more on FUSION this week! Wednesday Night, 9PM only on Fuse!

Few thoughts since I’ve last posted Sucks that you lost Mike Awesome. The man was very underrated as a big man and he was stuck with that stupid gimmick while in WCW. However he did join TNA so that’s a plus :D I really like the PWTORCK.com audio stuff, its what separates your diary from the countless others. Plus the off the wall ending of each one really has me looking forward to the next one. I could smack Cornette for that Total Nonstop Jarrett comment :D King Of The Monsters is a great nickname and the man himself is pure domination. Great job with him. Love Mr. Wrestling III. I just wish we found out who he was, even though that’s adds to the excitement of the whole thing. Not a huge fan of the overlong match descriptions. Even though I guess you were going for a sense of a big match feel in the main event and wanted it to be special. However I found myself scrolling down to the bottom to read the last few moments of the match. Overall Showdown 2 (in my book anyway) was a success. Great feel to it and overall a great job of writing it up.

Few thoughts since I’ve last posted Sucks that you lost Mike Awesome. The man was very underrated as a big man and he was stuck with that stupid gimmick while in WCW. However he did join TNA so that’s a plus :D I really like the PWTORCK.com audio stuff, its what separates your diary from the countless others. Plus the off the wall ending of each one really has me looking forward to the next one. I could smack Cornette for that Total Nonstop Jarrett comment :D King Of The Monsters is a great nickname and the man himself is pure domination. Great job with him. Love Mr. Wrestling III. I just wish we found out who he was, even though that’s adds to the excitement of the whole thing. Not a huge fan of the overlong match descriptions. Even though I guess you were going for a sense of a big match feel in the main event and wanted it to be special. However I found myself scrolling down to the bottom to read the last few moments of the match. Overall Showdown 2 (in my book anyway) was a success. Great feel to it and overall a great job of writing it up.

[B]Wednesday July 5th, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket [B]Von Braun Center, Huntsville, AL[/B][/CENTER] [B]"As America has celebrates her Independence Day and four days after one of the most brutal cage matches in history, the NWA is deep in the heart of Alabama at the Von Braun Center! This is your Wednesday night destination, FUSION and I'm your host Scott Hudson joined once again by Mister James E. Cornette." "Thank you Scott and we are happy to be here in beautiful Huntsville, Alabama. One day after the nation stuffed itself with hamburgers and hot dogs, we're going to stuff all kinds of action into this next hour. Tonight you will see the masked luchadore Lizmark taking on the King of the Monsters, Matt Weise." "Saturday night Lizmark saved La Parka from a vicious beatdown at the hands of Matt Weise and for his troubles, he faces the beast in one on one action. What is that saying about no good deed going unpunished Jim?" "Absolutely, I wouldn't want to be in Lizmark's boots tonight. But from there we go on to the first two matches of the NWA World Tag Team Championship Tournament. I can promise you this, there won't be any idiotic cheerleaders, or moronic Scotsman in this tournament!" "That is for sure Jim. Tonight you will see Team Punishment, "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" Tito Ortiz and "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder taking on two of their opponents from SHOWDOWN 2, Nigel McGuinness and Jody Fleisch, the British Invasion." "And that's not all Scott, from there you will see our main event of the evening, Jay and Mark, the Briscoe Brothers taking on the world famous Japanese duep, Gedo and Jado!" "Wow what a matchup that should be. I can't wait to get started, let's head right down to the ring now!"[/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Mr. Wrestling II, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Mr. Wrestling III, Vampiro, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Lizmark Jr, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure

[B]Wednesday July 5th, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket [B]Von Braun Center, Huntsville, AL[/B][/CENTER] [B]"As America has celebrates her Independence Day and four days after one of the most brutal cage matches in history, the NWA is deep in the heart of Alabama at the Von Braun Center! This is your Wednesday night destination, FUSION and I'm your host Scott Hudson joined once again by Mister James E. Cornette." "Thank you Scott and we are happy to be here in beautiful Huntsville, Alabama. One day after the nation stuffed itself with hamburgers and hot dogs, we're going to stuff all kinds of action into this next hour. Tonight you will see the masked luchadore Lizmark taking on the King of the Monsters, Matt Weise." "Saturday night Lizmark saved La Parka from a vicious beatdown at the hands of Matt Weise and for his troubles, he faces the beast in one on one action. What is that saying about no good deed going unpunished Jim?" "Absolutely, I wouldn't want to be in Lizmark's boots tonight. But from there we go on to the first two matches of the NWA World Tag Team Championship Tournament. I can promise you this, there won't be any idiotic cheerleaders, or moronic Scotsman in this tournament!" "That is for sure Jim. Tonight you will see Team Punishment, "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" Tito Ortiz and "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder taking on two of their opponents from SHOWDOWN 2, Nigel McGuinness and Jody Fleisch, the British Invasion." "And that's not all Scott, from there you will see our main event of the evening, Jay and Mark, the Briscoe Brothers taking on the world famous Japanese duep, Gedo and Jado!" "Wow what a matchup that should be. I can't wait to get started, let's head right down to the ring now!"[/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Mr. Wrestling II, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Mr. Wrestling III, Vampiro, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Lizmark Jr, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure

In dark matches, Christian York defeats Mikey Batts and Nosawa beats Evan Karagias. [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In the opening bout of the evening, Matt Weise defeats Lizmark by DQ in 4:01. At the end of the match, Weise locks on a nasty Fujiwara Armbar and really cranks it in. Lizmark won't tap out and Weise won't release it so La Parka comes running out and waffles him with a chair causing the DQ before serious damage can be done. After the bout, La Parka pulls Lizmark out of the ring and begins making their way towards the back as Weise grabs the microphone from Lauren Jones. [B]"This crap with you two lucha-dopes is over. My patience is at its end so here's what we're going to do. Next week on FUSION, it going to be the King of the Monsters taking on you boys in a two-on-one handicap match! I know you guys no hablan Inglés but after this match, it will be known as a handicap match for a whole new reason because when I'm done with you, you both are going to be cripples!"[/B] Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult plays and Weise exits through the crowd which once again quickly gets out of his way. (Match B-, Post Match B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The camera pans to into the back to Team Punishment's locker room where Ortiz and Puder are going over last minute preparation with their agent, Don Callis. (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In the first NWA World Tag Team title tournament match, Team Punishment defeats the British Invansion by submission in 8:43. The end comes after "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder catches Jody Fleisch in the Keylock and Tito Ortiz locks a triangle choke on Nigel McGuinness getting the simultaneous double tap out. (B) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The camera in the back catches the Xtreme Horsemen arriving at the arena. (A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Back in the locker room, Colt Cabana and D'Lo Brown are giving the Briscoe Brothers a pep talk for their match tonight with Gedo and Jado (B-) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]As FUSION returns from commercial, the familiar image of Mr. Wrestling III's masks appear on screen. [CENTER] Photobucket[/CENTER] (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Becky Bayless is standing in the ring as the Xtreme Horsemen make their way down to ringside. She finally gets her interview with Steve Corino. All five of the Xtreme Horsemen are in the ring none of whom are looking very happy although Julio looks slightly bemused as he not-so subtlety checks out Becky's rear end. [B]"Steve, thanks for agreeing to this interview. The question everyone wants to know is, when will D'Lo Brown get a return bout for the NWA title?"[/B] [B]"Actually the question is, how the hell did you get this job being as dumb as you are? Just because D'Lo got a fluke pin on me in a tag team match doesn't mean he's worthy of getting a shot at this title. He had his chance at Showdown and he lost. He's yesterday's news. I have nothing else to prove against the so-called Real Deal."[/B] [B] "Well according to the NWA Board of Directors, D'Lo is on the verge of becoming the new number one contender by virtue of that pinfall.[/B] (As the crowd cheers, the Horsemen look extremely p*ssed off. Even Julio looks disgusted and manages to stop gawking at Becky's posterior for a second.) [B]The board has ruled that D'Lo is entitled to a non-title match and if he can get a victory there, he will receive and NWA World title shot!"[/B] [B]"No no no no no no NO! That is not how it works! I'm the champ and I say D'Lo is done! No more title shots for him!"[/B] Cue Brand New by Rhymefest (featuring Kanye West) and out comes D'Lo Brown, backed by Colt Cabana. [B]"Damn brother, do you want some cheese to go with your whine? Now as luck would have it, I don't want a non-title match. What I do want is that big idiot standing next to you. Masato Tanaka. Don't think I didn't recognize what you did to me at SHOWDOWN brother. It felt good busting your big empty head open like an overripe melon last Saturday. So here's how its going to be....champ and I use that word very lightly. Its going to be me taking on Masato Tanaka, one on one at NWA SHOWDOWN III live August 5th, only on Fuse![/B] (Crowd cheers.) [B]You're going to be in your boy's corner, and I'm going to have my main man, "Classic" Colt Cabana in mine and the match is going to be......LAST MAN STANDING baby![/B] (Crowd goes crazy!) [B]Here's the stipulation, if I win, I get a NWA World title shot against you and if that big goof somehow wins, I can't get another shot at the NWA title for one year, until August of two thousand and seven? Do we have a deal?"[/B] Corino smirks, [B]"You really are as dumb as you look. You're on Brown!" "Can you feel it Colt? I was the champ of Europe, now Mama Brown's little baby boy's gonna be the champ of the World! Peace! We out boys!"[/B] They complete a complex eight stage handshake and head back to the locker room.(A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Lauren Jones fires the new D'Lo Brown Real Deal T-shirts (available now on NWAwrestling.com!) into the crowd (A*)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In an exciting main event, the Briscoe Brothers defeat Gedo and Jado in 18:41 by pinfall after Jay nails Gedo with the Jay Spike Driller and gets the 1-2-3 to advance to the second round of the NWA World Tag Team title tournament. (B-)[/QUOTE] Rating (B+)

In dark matches, Christian York defeats Mikey Batts and Nosawa beats Evan Karagias. [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In the opening bout of the evening, Matt Weise defeats Lizmark by DQ in 4:01. At the end of the match, Weise locks on a nasty Fujiwara Armbar and really cranks it in. Lizmark won't tap out and Weise won't release it so La Parka comes running out and waffles him with a chair causing the DQ before serious damage can be done. After the bout, La Parka pulls Lizmark out of the ring and begins making their way towards the back as Weise grabs the microphone from Lauren Jones. [B]"This crap with you two lucha-dopes is over. My patience is at its end so here's what we're going to do. Next week on FUSION, it going to be the King of the Monsters taking on you boys in a two-on-one handicap match! I know you guys no hablan Inglés but after this match, it will be known as a handicap match for a whole new reason because when I'm done with you, you both are going to be cripples!"[/B] Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult plays and Weise exits through the crowd which once again quickly gets out of his way. (Match B-, Post Match B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The camera pans to into the back to Team Punishment's locker room where Ortiz and Puder are going over last minute preparation with their agent, Don Callis. (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In the first NWA World Tag Team title tournament match, Team Punishment defeats the British Invansion by submission in 8:43. The end comes after "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder catches Jody Fleisch in the Keylock and Tito Ortiz locks a triangle choke on Nigel McGuinness getting the simultaneous double tap out. (B) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The camera in the back catches the Xtreme Horsemen arriving at the arena. (A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Back in the locker room, Colt Cabana and D'Lo Brown are giving the Briscoe Brothers a pep talk for their match tonight with Gedo and Jado (B-) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]As FUSION returns from commercial, the familiar image of Mr. Wrestling III's masks appear on screen. [CENTER] Photobucket[/CENTER] (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Becky Bayless is standing in the ring as the Xtreme Horsemen make their way down to ringside. She finally gets her interview with Steve Corino. All five of the Xtreme Horsemen are in the ring none of whom are looking very happy although Julio looks slightly bemused as he not-so subtlety checks out Becky's rear end. [B]"Steve, thanks for agreeing to this interview. The question everyone wants to know is, when will D'Lo Brown get a return bout for the NWA title?"[/B] [B]"Actually the question is, how the hell did you get this job being as dumb as you are? Just because D'Lo got a fluke pin on me in a tag team match doesn't mean he's worthy of getting a shot at this title. He had his chance at Showdown and he lost. He's yesterday's news. I have nothing else to prove against the so-called Real Deal."[/B] [B] "Well according to the NWA Board of Directors, D'Lo is on the verge of becoming the new number one contender by virtue of that pinfall.[/B] (As the crowd cheers, the Horsemen look extremely p*ssed off. Even Julio looks disgusted and manages to stop gawking at Becky's posterior for a second.) [B]The board has ruled that D'Lo is entitled to a non-title match and if he can get a victory there, he will receive and NWA World title shot!"[/B] [B]"No no no no no no NO! That is not how it works! I'm the champ and I say D'Lo is done! No more title shots for him!"[/B] Cue Brand New by Rhymefest (featuring Kanye West) and out comes D'Lo Brown, backed by Colt Cabana. [B]"Damn brother, do you want some cheese to go with your whine? Now as luck would have it, I don't want a non-title match. What I do want is that big idiot standing next to you. Masato Tanaka. Don't think I didn't recognize what you did to me at SHOWDOWN brother. It felt good busting your big empty head open like an overripe melon last Saturday. So here's how its going to be....champ and I use that word very lightly. Its going to be me taking on Masato Tanaka, one on one at NWA SHOWDOWN III live August 5th, only on Fuse![/B] (Crowd cheers.) [B]You're going to be in your boy's corner, and I'm going to have my main man, "Classic" Colt Cabana in mine and the match is going to be......LAST MAN STANDING baby![/B] (Crowd goes crazy!) [B]Here's the stipulation, if I win, I get a NWA World title shot against you and if that big goof somehow wins, I can't get another shot at the NWA title for one year, until August of two thousand and seven? Do we have a deal?"[/B] Corino smirks, [B]"You really are as dumb as you look. You're on Brown!" "Can you feel it Colt? I was the champ of Europe, now Mama Brown's little baby boy's gonna be the champ of the World! Peace! We out boys!"[/B] They complete a complex eight stage handshake and head back to the locker room.(A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Lauren Jones fires the new D'Lo Brown Real Deal T-shirts (available now on NWAwrestling.com!) into the crowd (A*)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In an exciting main event, the Briscoe Brothers defeat Gedo and Jado in 18:41 by pinfall after Jay nails Gedo with the Jay Spike Driller and gets the 1-2-3 to advance to the second round of the NWA World Tag Team title tournament. (B-)[/QUOTE] Rating (B+)

Another great show... Again, your character developement is simply AWESOME... You've taken several guys who I could careless about and turned them into I cant wait and see what's next...."King of Monsters" Matt Weise, D'Lo brown, Julio Dinero....Not to mention your turn of Masato Tanaka and you got a solid mid card as well... Keep this up... I hope you dont mind when I use some of writing techniques when I start a diary at some point

Another great show... Again, your character developement is simply AWESOME... You've taken several guys who I could careless about and turned them into I cant wait and see what's next...."King of Monsters" Matt Weise, D'Lo brown, Julio Dinero....Not to mention your turn of Masato Tanaka and you got a solid mid card as well... Keep this up... I hope you dont mind when I use some of writing techniques when I start a diary at some point

Thanks Old School. I have to admit that the King of the Monsters has been very easy to write for and a lot of fun too. Julio's personality just kind of developed on its own. As for D'Lo, I always felt he was badly underused in the WWF. He had me as a fan for two things, one when he won the European title from HHH, he was on the phone afterwards with his mom and goes, "Momma, I'm the champ of Europe!" His delivery just cracked me up. Then when he the defending European champ, he would be billed as from various European city, like "From Helsinki, Finland, D'Lo Brown" which always made me laugh as well. I'm glad you like it though, there's plenty more to come I think. As for copying my style and such, go right ahead. Just remember, copying from one person is plagurism, copying from several is research. :)

Thanks Old School. I have to admit that the King of the Monsters has been very easy to write for and a lot of fun too. Julio's personality just kind of developed on its own. As for D'Lo, I always felt he was badly underused in the WWF. He had me as a fan for two things, one when he won the European title from HHH, he was on the phone afterwards with his mom and goes, "Momma, I'm the champ of Europe!" His delivery just cracked me up. Then when he the defending European champ, he would be billed as from various European city, like "From Helsinki, Finland, D'Lo Brown" which always made me laugh as well. I'm glad you like it though, there's plenty more to come I think. As for copying my style and such, go right ahead. Just remember, copying from one person is plagurism, copying from several is research. :)

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]Excerpt from the Bruce Mitchell Audio update on PWTorch.com for Friday July 7th, 2006. Wade Keller:Well Bruce, I guess we should touch on the NWA for a bit. What were your thoughts on Showdown 2? Bruce Mitchell: I thought it was a pretty good show with a hot crowd that really responded to a good main event. They got what they came for which was a blood and guts brawl and there was plenty of blood, especially Steve Corino who was gushing pretty bad by the end. WK: What did you think of Mr. Wrestling III? Any thoughts on who it might be? Its still a closely guarded secret. I have a few thoughts but I'm really not sure. BM: Well when he first came out, I thought, "That's Shawn Stasiak." But then I saw him start wrestling and realized he doesn't know half of those moves. He looks familiar in the ring but I can't place exactly who it is. WK: Any other thoughts on the show before we move on? BM: I thought the opener was a pretty good match. Those three teams all have good chemistry and the Spanish Fly when executed clean is a thing of beauty. I'm picking the SATs to win the upcoming tag team tournament. WK: I'm leaning towards the Briscoes myself, especially after their excellent performance against Gedo and Jado this week although I need to see who else is in the tournament to be sure. Let's switch gears. I want to get your thoughts on the new Smackdown tag team champions, The Great Khali and the Little Bastard.....[/B]

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]Excerpt from the Bruce Mitchell Audio update on PWTorch.com for Friday July 7th, 2006. Wade Keller:Well Bruce, I guess we should touch on the NWA for a bit. What were your thoughts on Showdown 2? Bruce Mitchell: I thought it was a pretty good show with a hot crowd that really responded to a good main event. They got what they came for which was a blood and guts brawl and there was plenty of blood, especially Steve Corino who was gushing pretty bad by the end. WK: What did you think of Mr. Wrestling III? Any thoughts on who it might be? Its still a closely guarded secret. I have a few thoughts but I'm really not sure. BM: Well when he first came out, I thought, "That's Shawn Stasiak." But then I saw him start wrestling and realized he doesn't know half of those moves. He looks familiar in the ring but I can't place exactly who it is. WK: Any other thoughts on the show before we move on? BM: I thought the opener was a pretty good match. Those three teams all have good chemistry and the Spanish Fly when executed clean is a thing of beauty. I'm picking the SATs to win the upcoming tag team tournament. WK: I'm leaning towards the Briscoes myself, especially after their excellent performance against Gedo and Jado this week although I need to see who else is in the tournament to be sure. Let's switch gears. I want to get your thoughts on the new Smackdown tag team champions, The Great Khali and the Little Bastard.....[/B]

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] From NWAwrestling.com [QUOTE][CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [B][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"]Expect to see Gedo and Jado again in the near future.[/CENTER] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] The NWA is proud to announce that the Japanese tandem of Gedo and Jado, fresh off a fantastic debut on FUSION this week, have reached an agreement to make occasional tours of the United States under the banner of the National Wrestling Alliance. In addition several NWA stars will be making appearances for New Japan Pro Wrestling as well. The NWA is hopeful that this will lead to even more international fighters coming to the NWA and creating even more of a fusion of styles.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"][B]"Dr. Death" Steve Williams[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER] In addition, the NWA would like to welcome "Dr. Death" Steve Williams into the fold as he will be assisting Stan Hansen as a road agent, as well as contributing to backstage duties, and will also be involved with the continuing training of the next generation of NWA fighters. "Dr. Death" Steve Williams graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 1981 after a stellar football career that saw him named an All-American. He also competed as an amateur wrestler losing in the finals of an NCAA tournament to future Olympic medalist Bruce Baumgartner. Williams was trained for professional wrestling by Bill Watts and started wrestling in 1982 in Watt's Mid-South Wrestling. From there he went on to a successful career in both the NWA as well as an illustrious career in Japan where he is revered.[/QUOTE]

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] From NWAwrestling.com [QUOTE][CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [B][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"]Expect to see Gedo and Jado again in the near future.[/CENTER] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] The NWA is proud to announce that the Japanese tandem of Gedo and Jado, fresh off a fantastic debut on FUSION this week, have reached an agreement to make occasional tours of the United States under the banner of the National Wrestling Alliance. In addition several NWA stars will be making appearances for New Japan Pro Wrestling as well. The NWA is hopeful that this will lead to even more international fighters coming to the NWA and creating even more of a fusion of styles.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"][B]"Dr. Death" Steve Williams[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER] In addition, the NWA would like to welcome "Dr. Death" Steve Williams into the fold as he will be assisting Stan Hansen as a road agent, as well as contributing to backstage duties, and will also be involved with the continuing training of the next generation of NWA fighters. "Dr. Death" Steve Williams graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 1981 after a stellar football career that saw him named an All-American. He also competed as an amateur wrestler losing in the finals of an NCAA tournament to future Olympic medalist Bruce Baumgartner. Williams was trained for professional wrestling by Bill Watts and started wrestling in 1982 in Watt's Mid-South Wrestling. From there he went on to a successful career in both the NWA as well as an illustrious career in Japan where he is revered.[/QUOTE]

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] From NWAwrestling.com If you thought last week's action in the NWA World Tag Team Championship tournament, which saw Team Punishment and the Briscoe Brothers advance to the semifinals, was exciting, then you won't want to miss a minute of FUSION this Wednesday night. There will be two more Quarterfinal matchups this week as four more teams strive to reach the next round. In addition, "The King of the Monsters" Matt Weise has been on quite a rampage through the NWA recently and this week, he faces not one but two men, the masked luchadore duo of Lizmark and La Parka. Has Weise bitten off more than he can chew or will the Mexican duo fall by the wayside like all of his other recent victims? And also, NWA North American Champion Chris Hero will defend his title against "The Anarchist" Doug Williams. All this and much more on this week's edition of FUSION, live at 9PM EST only on FUSE!

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] From NWAwrestling.com If you thought last week's action in the NWA World Tag Team Championship tournament, which saw Team Punishment and the Briscoe Brothers advance to the semifinals, was exciting, then you won't want to miss a minute of FUSION this Wednesday night. There will be two more Quarterfinal matchups this week as four more teams strive to reach the next round. In addition, "The King of the Monsters" Matt Weise has been on quite a rampage through the NWA recently and this week, he faces not one but two men, the masked luchadore duo of Lizmark and La Parka. Has Weise bitten off more than he can chew or will the Mexican duo fall by the wayside like all of his other recent victims? And also, NWA North American Champion Chris Hero will defend his title against "The Anarchist" Doug Williams. All this and much more on this week's edition of FUSION, live at 9PM EST only on FUSE!

[B]Wednesday July 12th, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]"Folks put down that remote because you have found THE Wednesday night event, NWA Fusion! We are live at our home away from home, the Cricket Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina as the NWA World Tag Team Title tournament rolls on! I'm your host Scott joined once again by Mister James E. Cornette." "What a night of NWA action we have for you folks tonight! We have two fantastic tournament matches. The first being the Xtreme Horsemen, Trent Acid and Julio Dinero taking on Mexico's Most Wanted, Damian 666 and Halloween in an international showdown! Then we have the SATs, Joel and Jose Maximo square off with one of the most dominant teams in Puerto Rican history, the Headhunters!" "But the action doesn't stop there as we have a handicap matchup featuring the King of the Monsters, Matt Weise taking on Lizmark and La Parka. The masked luchadores have nearly avoided being annihilated by the beast. Can the beast defeat two men at once or will Lizmark and La Parka's luck finally run out? "And then we have our main event, the NWA North American Champion Chris Hero defending that title against "The Anarchist" Doug Williams! What a lineup! You're not going to want to miss a single second of NWA action!"[/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Mr. Wrestling II, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Vampiro, Mr. Wrestling III, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Lizmark Jr, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure

[B]Wednesday July 12th, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]"Folks put down that remote because you have found THE Wednesday night event, NWA Fusion! We are live at our home away from home, the Cricket Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina as the NWA World Tag Team Title tournament rolls on! I'm your host Scott joined once again by Mister James E. Cornette." "What a night of NWA action we have for you folks tonight! We have two fantastic tournament matches. The first being the Xtreme Horsemen, Trent Acid and Julio Dinero taking on Mexico's Most Wanted, Damian 666 and Halloween in an international showdown! Then we have the SATs, Joel and Jose Maximo square off with one of the most dominant teams in Puerto Rican history, the Headhunters!" "But the action doesn't stop there as we have a handicap matchup featuring the King of the Monsters, Matt Weise taking on Lizmark and La Parka. The masked luchadores have nearly avoided being annihilated by the beast. Can the beast defeat two men at once or will Lizmark and La Parka's luck finally run out? "And then we have our main event, the NWA North American Champion Chris Hero defending that title against "The Anarchist" Doug Williams! What a lineup! You're not going to want to miss a single second of NWA action!"[/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Mr. Wrestling II, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Vampiro, Mr. Wrestling III, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Lizmark Jr, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure

Archived