How to book an event to have high ratings?

Enjoyed the write-up but, for what it’s worth, I’ve not booked a single storyline in my eight-year 4C save from 2016. :D

There are many different playstyles out there, and I pity Adam having to try to appease such an audience.

Haha whereas am I'm the complete opposite of you, almost everything I book needs a storyline... I'm kindof like the Vince Russo of TEW, minus the obvious retardation.

I allow one match per show to be without a storyline (my storytelling match), but absolutely everything else is related to a storyline and if it doesn't have one I'll make one for it. This means I'll often drop storylines or change tack quite soon afterwards, but for me I just like to have this direction and not just meaningless booking.

Enjoyed the write-up but, for what it’s worth, I’ve not booked a single storyline in my eight-year 4C save from 2016. :D

There are many different playstyles out there, and I pity Adam having to try to appease such an audience.

There's always one. :D

Obviously if you don't use them at all you're not going to advance any. :p Some companies don't have them at all, by their nature. I stay away from those dark places. ;)

What about the gimmicks, i noticed that some of them have effects on performance, but they are not directly connected to the gimmick types? For example in the editor you can even give Simple gimmicks affects as well.

Gimmick effects are... not random, exactly, but each base type has a chance of generating an affect, bigger or lesser chance depending on the base type. For example, Swagger gimmicks have a bigger chance of getting the "wins/losses affect popularity/momentum more" effects than, say, Bad Ass gimmicks do, but that doesn't mean every Swagger gimmick will get it.

You can pre-set anything to any gimmick in the editor - you can give an Underdog gimmick a bonus to menace in angles if you want to - that one probably won't happen naturally in the game though!

The more creative a gimmick is, the bigger chance it has of getting more effects generated (good or bad). So if you only ever create Safe gimmicks, you're not likely to see many. But if you create Creative gimmicks a lot, you'll see more.

There's always one. :D

Obviously if you don't use them at all you're not going to advance any. :p Some companies don't have them at all, by their nature. I stay away from those dark places.

Companies that are 100% true to kayfabe. Wrestling as a "real contest". Angles made up of pre/post match interviews and analysis by the pundits.

I think even then there is scope for very few, minor storylines. After all, you get headlines and feuds in other, REAL sports.