January 2004 Ruthless Aggression TEW 2020 Mod

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You realize every single game becomes a fantasy mod the minute you start playing them right? They are in there as possible start up promotions if you want to go that way. Hardly the same thing as a fantasy mod in the general terms that are used when it comes to this game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, that's your opinion, but the objective fact is that clarifying it up front is considerate & helps make sure everyone knows what they are downloading. If it were mine, I'd definitely want someone to give me the heads up so I could add in the description.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabin357" data-cite="sabin357" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, that's your opinion, but the objective fact is that clarifying it up front is considerate & helps make sure everyone knows what they are downloading. If it were mine, I'd definitely want someone to give me the heads up so I could add in the description.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do you stop playing a game if Ric Flair becomes the owner of TNA or Hulk Hogan becomes the booker of an AI generated promotion?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Idolized" data-cite="Idolized" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You’re the first to bring this up in three versions of this mod since 2013. Other mod makers have included things like Disney Wrestling and other pop up promotions. It’s no new thing. I mean, Jim Cornette gets hired by PWG regularly by the AI in mods. The mod is set true to life but as soon as you start a game it becomes fantasy.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Perhaps the description was clearer in the previous versions, from previous adapters? I'm not sure. This one is pretty minimal, which is why I pointed out that the info in the main post would help people. Nothing wrong with trying to help people & I'd want to add that if it were my mod.</p><p> </p><p> For what it's worth, the people that I know of that are playing it right now, thought it was a straight realism mod.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Idolized" data-cite="Idolized" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you stop playing a game if Ric Flair becomes the owner of TNA or Hulk Hogan becomes the booker of an AI generated promotion?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's natural game progression, while this is intentional seeding. It's fine if you don't agree with that viewpoint, because the only thing that actually matters is it should be mentioned in the main post, so people don't think it's a realism mod. It's as simple as "this helps people, without taking anything from others", so there's nothing to argue about.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DeadCeleb" data-cite="DeadCeleb" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Then I guess every Genadi mod is fantasy in that sense? As if I'm not mistaken, every single one of them has Disney Wrestling Entertainment in them with a chance to open</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep. A disclaimer wouldn't be a bad idea, though it is a little different with historical eras that you know for a fact that this stuff did not happen. The disney stuff that I saw was set to potentially happen in the future, not during the peak era of the mod itself.</p><p> </p><p> For example, Golden Era starts in 1987 & I think the Disney stuff has a chance to happen in the current modern year as a thing that could possibly happen in the actual future, while this has the companies seeded to open within a year of mod start date (in a time we know it didn't happen, so it's odd).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabin357" data-cite="sabin357" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yep. A disclaimer wouldn't be a bad idea, though it is a little different with historical eras that you know for a fact that this stuff did not happen. The disney stuff that I saw was set to potentially happen in the future, not during the peak era of the mod itself.<p> </p><p> For example, Golden Era starts in 1987 & I think the Disney stuff has a chance to happen in the current modern year as a thing that could possibly happen in the actual future, while this has the companies seeded to open within a year of mod start date (in a time we know it didn't happen, so it's odd).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're literally the only person to ever bring this up. It is a straight realism mod. Didn't Hogan actually have a Hulkamanka tour in the late 00s? I appreciate your suggestion but I'm not going make a disclaimer. It's a realistic mod. These promotions aren't open when the game starts. Nice try pal! Like Idol said, these have been in the mod since 2013 and no one has ever threw a fit about them. Sorry you feel so upset by it man.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MrVillain" data-cite="MrVillain" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Didn't Hogan actually have a Hulkamanka tour in the late 00s? </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep a handful of events in AUS funded by a private company, then the company that funded it filed for bankruptcy. It was never a company, just some events.</p><p> </p><p> I'm also not bashing your mod, as I'm about to start playing it. I was just expecting true realism, as that's what the recommendations thought it was too.</p><p> </p><p> Also, fantasy isn't a bad thing, as I'm building a fantasy mod as we speak. I think you misunderstood the point & the tone. Even just mentioning the seeded companies is a matter clarity, which benefits everyone. Since you don't care about that, the matter is settled.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RosettaStoned" data-cite="RosettaStoned" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I gotta say, so far this is definitely the best mod to start out with to hold everyone over until current RW mods (if that's more your thing) get touched up or finished. It's incredible the amount of work and detail this 2004 mod has in such a short amount of time.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks a lot man</p>

Yep a handful of events in AUS funded by a private company, then the company that funded it filed for bankruptcy. It was never a company, just some events.

I'm also not bashing your mod, as I'm about to start playing it. I was just expecting true realism, as that's what the recommendations thought it was too.

Also, fantasy isn't a bad thing, as I'm building a fantasy mod as we speak. I think you misunderstood the point & the tone. Even just mentioning the seeded companies is a matter clarity, which benefits everyone. Since you don't care about that, the matter is settled.

You're right. About all of it to be honest

After downloading this and just attempting to recreate my Sex Appeal fed from the 2013 version of this awesome mod (don't try btw as that product is utter garbage), I noticed a few things in the broadcasts, which you mentioned you had just edited due to the PPV smackdown Adam gave them in the 1.02 patch.

There are a few typos in the number of regions pop needs to be. They're 30 when I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be 3. HDNet is one of them. Scifi is another. Likely just didn't get the 0 deleted.

Also, The WB should be a terrestrial commercial, not cable. It's what merged with UPN to become The CW. Should be much smaller than the Big 4 US networks as they don't get anything near the ratings they get or ever did.

I'm not sure it's worth fiddling with, but it's an issue with the new pop system. Some of the old Regional-fed networks (all of those that were set to 40 pop) got bumped to Medium-sized feds. Makes starting a new fed at the 2nd easiest difficulty (where you get that 40 country-wide pop) a little harder as there are fewer networks available than there used to be. It's not a huge deal, but it does look weird to see a network that requires 3 regions at 40 pop but Medium size.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smartman" data-cite="smartman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After downloading this and just attempting to recreate my Sex Appeal fed from the 2013 version of this awesome mod (don't try btw as that product is utter garbage), I noticed a few things in the broadcasts, which you mentioned you had just edited due to the PPV smackdown Adam gave them in the 1.02 patch.<p> </p><p> There are a few typos in the number of regions pop needs to be. They're 30 when I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be 3. HDNet is one of them. Scifi is another. Likely just didn't get the 0 deleted.</p><p> </p><p> Also, The WB should be a terrestrial commercial, not cable. It's what merged with UPN to become The CW. Should be much smaller than the Big 4 US networks as they don't get anything near the ratings they get or ever did.</p><p> </p><p> I'm not sure it's worth fiddling with, but it's an issue with the new pop system. Some of the old Regional-fed networks (all of those that were set to 40 pop) got bumped to Medium-sized feds. Makes starting a new fed at the 2nd easiest difficulty (where you get that 40 country-wide pop) a little harder as there are fewer networks available than there used to be. It's not a huge deal, but it does look weird to see a network that requires 3 regions at 40 pop but Medium size.</p></div></blockquote><p> .</p><p> Hell yeah man! getting this fixed for my update soon. Thanks buddy!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="pmfg10" data-cite="pmfg10" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm having fun with the mod, great work</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the kind words!</p>

<p>A few more notes in my OVW playthrough:</p><p>

- Chris Masters has the 100% heel attribute but could probably play face. I'd agree that he's way more effective as a heel though and should have "better as a heel".</p><p>

- Seth Skyfire should be able to play weasley/underdog</p><p>

- Mac Johnson should be able to play weasley/underdog</p><p>

- I haven't messed around with the perception system yet but I believe it is based on momentum and popularity. Nick Dinsmore, Mark Magnus and Johnny Jeter were all in OVW's main event scene at this time but are considered unknown at their current settings. They should be at least recognizable or well known.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Idolized" data-cite="Idolized" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A few more notes in my OVW playthrough:<p> - Chris Masters has the 100% heel attribute but could probably play face. I'd agree that he's way more effective as a heel though and should have "better as a heel".</p><p> - Seth Skyfire should be able to play weasley/underdog</p><p> - Mac Johnson should be able to play weasley/underdog</p><p> - I haven't messed around with the perception system yet but I believe it is based on momentum and popularity. Nick Dinsmore, Mark Magnus and Johnny Jeter were all in OVW's main event scene at this time but are considered unknown at their current settings. They should be at least recognizable or well known.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Got it!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gaball" data-cite="Gaball" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>AJPW/NOAH/NJPW shouldn't run TV shows, they should only have tour highlights/event deals.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for pointing that out.</p>

<p>Downloaded this last night and started my save today. Absolutely love how it plays and am astounded by how quickly you were able to accomplish such a great mod. My only complaint is some of my most used angles from 16 were taken out LOL but luckily I’ve used them so much I somewhat remember the wording to them. </p><p> </p><p>

Thank you again!!</p>