Make Momentum Slightly Less Swingy

<p>(Firstly, I'm unsure if this is more of an issue than normal at the start of the game, so if it's going to settle down, that's great.)</p><p> </p><p>

Just booked a USPW show getting 81, playing with patch 5. Feedback was that it raised my popularity in 38 areas, which I'm assuming means raised everyone outside of US/Canada and stayed same in both of them. Database has been edited to have all areas on high and rising for industry and economy, just in case that makes a difference.</p><p> </p><p>

I understand that quality of segments now effects momentum, as well as success, but I wonder if that's playing a little too much of a part in a fed as popularity based as USPW? Showing old/new momentums before for the six top guys who were booked on the show.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Major stars </strong></p><p> </p><p>

Nicky Champion (Red hot to Warm) - 84 music vid (no success/defeat), 78 promo with Bulldozer taunting Shaffer/Frehley (minor success), 79 tag win with Bulldozer over Frehley/Shaffer - Bulldozer pinned Shaffer, 80 celebration with Bulldozer (no success/defeat.)</p><p>

Rich Money (Hot to Warm, dropped to Star) - 85 taunted Wolf (minor success), 76 music vid with Wolf (no success/defeat), 80 tainted victory over Wolf (open match), 73 angle with Wolf/Justice. (Dammit, didn't note down whether there was any success/defeat.)</p><p>

Steve Frehley (Red Hot to Cooled, dropped to Star) - taunted by Bulldozer/Champion, 78 (no success/defeat, was off-screen), 84 video with Champion (no success/defeat.) </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Stars</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Enygma (Very Warm to Warm) - 59 dominant win over Bash Street, 49 angle with Roger Cage and Zeus's stable. (Sorry, can't remember if I did success/defeat.)</p><p>

Joss Thompson (Hot to Warm) - 57 win over Texas Express, teaming with Jack Jackson. Joss got the pin.</p><p>

Running Wolf (Very Hot to Cooled, dropped to Well Known) - Off screen, no success, in 85 Money promo. 76 hype vid. Tainted loss in 80 rated main vs Money. 73 rated angle with Money and Justice.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

One more - Pariah, who I noticed as being the only person I've seen with White Hot momentum, dropped to warm after pinning Jaime Quine in a Sweet/Pariah vs Quine/Jarvis tag match (61 rated) then being involved in a 68 rated angle with Quine.</p>

<p>Just to confirm it doesn't seem to be just a player fed thing - 2 months into a watcher game, USPW have Alicia and Nicky on Very Warm with everyone else Warm or below. (Although in this game economy at 42 and industry 26 may be hurting.)</p><p> </p><p>

Same game, SWF have 3 on Very Warm, nobody higher. TCW have Sammy on Hot and 9 on Very Warm, interestingly. 21CW have 9 on Very Warm, nobody higher. RAW have 5 on Very Warm. </p><p> </p><p>

Interestingly CWA are doing the best of the feds with weekly shows - Vessey Very Hot, Brooke/Jared both Hot, 8 Very Warm. Japan looks more like I'd expect, with a decent amount of hot people in BHOTWG and PGHW.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway, potentially working as expected and the starting database just has a bunch of people on hotter streaks than they'd generally get to in the game, but pointing it out in case it's useful feedback.</p>

The other thread was deleted (presumably because the issue was resolved), but just so anyone who sees this knows: This was a bug where starting momentum was always effectively neutral, which was fixed in patch 7.

Thanks for bumping the thread for people, awesomeness! Running another watcher game now with the new patch; super excited. :)