Suggestion: Narrative events trigger more in game effects

<p>So currently going through and modding Who's real-world mod from October 2019. The start of the world wrestling war. As part of the revamped Mod I am looking at adding events into the game that reflect the major events in the wrestling world.</p><p> </p><p>

In October 2019, New Japan Pro Wrestling made to major announcements. The parent company firstly went and purchased the Promotion Stardom and at the end of the month, NJPW announced its intention to launch New Japan Pro Wrestling of America. Now currently if I want this to happen, Stardom and New Japan of America firstly both need to be active and secondly also already set to be owned by NJPW. In this case, I'll accept it as it's within the month the mod starts.</p><p> </p><p>

It would be better if we can set the narrative event.</p><p> </p><p>

New Japan Pro Wrestling buys Stardom. </p><p> </p><p>

Once the narrative happens in the game. It triggers a new company relationship to active, setting NJPW as the owners of Stardom from that date instead of from the start of the mod.</p><p> </p><p>

With this system where events can have a % chance of happening. We can get really inventive when it comes to using the narrative feature. Take the recent WWE Firing and Furloughs. At the moment that in a narrative you can add it as a story and maybe add a slight prestige hit as a result. How I have set the event to work currently. </p><p> </p><p>

With a "tigger" system you could have the game check if the worker is still with the company and if yes... release them from the contact. Then should the event spawn you or the AI take a hit in prestige but also potentially lose members of the roster?</p><p> </p><p>

It might be too complicated a system to implement but would certainly make real-world historical mods a lot of fun.</p>

People didn't like that idea because it was too morbid. I'm neutral on it, I wouldn't mind if it was implemented or kept out.

I can understand and even guessed that might be the reason, since it is semi-problematic. But in lieu of that, it would be nice if we could have narratives that write people out in other ways, such as scripting a character to leave the business or come back from it.

I have a very niche example in one of my mods I am working on where I thought it would be interesting if a company was run by someone with really low booking and business skill, and then after two years in game that character would die and leave a power vaccuum for others in the company with better business and booking ratings.

But again, I can understand why it was left out. My storyline could have been accomplished still with a "worker leaves the business" narrative instead.

Some of these things can be handled by exporting the save into a DB, then editing the DB and starting a new save, I'd imagine.

I know when I think about a long term game, there are things I think about changing down the line that will absolutely benefit me being able to do this.

Some of these things can be handled by exporting the save into a DB, then editing the DB and starting a new save, I'd imagine.

I know when I think about a long term game, there are things I think about changing down the line that will absolutely benefit me being able to do this.

You lose all of your history, though.