GDS Email Marketing

Hi guys,

Love the games. Don't want this to sound too negative, but it struck me today that I haven't had a single email from GDS about TEW 2020. Which feels pretty incredible. Especially considering content that could be used is being produced already (on Social Media, the Developer Journal itself). I feel like there must be a lot of casual fans of previous games who don't have a clue about TEW2020.

I don't know the technicalities/rules about sending out to forum members, but if that's an issue I know some studios will gate their demos (an email and first name isn't much to ask for a demo of a game you've spent however many months/years developing).

It just feels like a missed opportunity to get as many people playing the games as possible, and for GDS to have more resources to put back into development of the games. Is it something that you guys explore/look into, or an avenue you've decided against going down for some reason?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WCGreyghost" data-cite="WCGreyghost" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48586" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nobody needs more spam. The people on these forums already know about the game. Not seeing the benefit here.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There's 17,000 members of this forum, I reckon it's a safe bet that a lot don't know. There's also probably a decent number of comic book fans for example who signed up for CBH, have forgotten the place exists and have no idea about Derek's game. </p><p> </p><p> I think the benefit would be, if done well, more people being attracted to the games and forums (potentially more modders, artists, writers), the organisation makes more money that can then be invested in new software, more developers, potentially hiring some of the more creative folk on these boards etc. There's always the option to unsubscribe.</p>

Nobody needs more spam. The people on these forums already know about the game. Not seeing the benefit here.

Marketing isn't always spam - people that have signed up here clearly have an interest in the service so it's not like it's aimlessly spamming people that have no interest, and they're always allowed to unsubscribe.

I have to say I think it's a good idea. I think there are bound to be people that are/were fans of the series that haven't checked back in here in some time and would appreciate hearing that a new game is coming out.