Killing the Business BETA Release

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been working on the skin today but going to address all the issues tomorrow, there seems to be a major issue with Gimmick ratings, in TEW 2016 they were all set to above average with the exception of special circumstances. This will be a major focus tomorrow.

<p>have kept my eye on this for a while now and I really like what I see so far. </p><p> </p><p>

anyway, I went through some of the attributes on the AEW and NJPW rosters:</p><p> </p><p>

- Add Straight Edge and Heavy Social Media User to both of the Young Bucks.</p><p>

- Add one of Fearless, Risk Taker or Stuntman to Nick Jackson</p><p>

- Add Daredevil to Rey Fenix</p><p>

- Add Gymnastic Background to Penelope Ford</p><p>

- Add Noted Comedy Match Performer or Comedy Match Worker to Kenny Omega</p><p>

- Replace Jon Moxley's Daredevil with Risk Taker</p><p>

- Add Creative Dynamo and Heavy Social Media User to Joey Janela</p><p>

- Add Heavy Social Media User to Colt Cabana</p><p>

- Add Groundswell of Support to Orange Cassidy</p><p> </p><p>

- Add Troublesome Shoulder to KENTA</p><p>

- Add Noted Comedy Match Performer or Comedy Match Worker to Kota Ibushi</p><p>

- Add Troublesome Neck to Hiromu Takahashi</p><p>

- Add Troublesome Knee to Tetsuya Naito</p><p>

- Possibly add Unable To Wrestle Again to Katsuyori Shibata</p>

have kept my eye on this for a while now and I really like what I see so far.

anyway, I went through some of the attributes on the AEW and NJPW rosters:

- Add Straight Edge and Heavy Social Media User to both of the Young Bucks.

- Add one of Fearless, Risk Taker or Stuntman to Nick Jackson

- Add Daredevil to Rey Fenix

- Add Gymnastic Background to Penelope Ford

- Add Noted Comedy Match Performer or Comedy Match Worker to Kenny Omega

- Replace Jon Moxley's Daredevil with Risk Taker

- Add Creative Dynamo and Heavy Social Media User to Joey Janela

- Add Heavy Social Media User to Colt Cabana

- Add Groundswell of Support to Orange Cassidy

- Add Troublesome Shoulder to KENTA

- Add Noted Comedy Match Performer or Comedy Match Worker to Kota Ibushi

- Add Troublesome Neck to Hiromu Takahashi

- Add Troublesome Knee to Tetsuya Naito

- Possibly add Unable To Wrestle Again to Katsuyori Shibata

Love these suggestions.

I've been messing around with the game and noticed that the "Talk to Worker" tool is quite powerful. This is not a Mod issue as I have also fiddled in the Cornellverse and could do it there. But as Tony Khan I was able to talk a worker not in AEW to start taking steroids and have Triple H change his in-ring style :D

I hope it is only a Player control thing, I don't want Vince talking half my roster to get on gas :p

Love these suggestions.

I've been messing around with the game and noticed that the "Talk to Worker" tool is quite powerful. This is not a Mod issue as I have also fiddled in the Cornellverse and could do it there. But as Tony Khan I was able to talk a worker not in AEW to start taking steroids and have Triple H change his in-ring style :D

I hope it is only a Player control thing, I don't want Vince talking half my roster to get on gas :p

Have you reported this in the tech support, we need to get that fixed

EDIT: Looking at it now it seems a pretty good feature, you should be able to talk to anyone as you can in real life. Its good for things like getting round owner goals such as 'you cant hire a striker' you can ask potential signing to alter there style in order to be able to sign them etc

Have you reported this in the tech support, we need to get that fixed

EDIT: Looking at it now it seems a pretty good feature, you should be able to talk to anyone as you can in real life. Its good for things like getting round owner goals such as 'you cant hire a striker' you can ask potential signing to alter there style in order to be able to sign them etc

It is a really useful feature but I don't think all options should be open to people not on your roster. Such as drugs, moving, etc

It is a really useful feature but I don't think all options should be open to people not on your roster. Such as drugs, moving, etc

Yeah, I actually like the feature but it should limit options for people not on your roster. I did message Adam as I wasn't sure if it was a bug at first but he said it was designed that way.

- Add Noted Comedy Match Performer or Comedy Match Worker to Kenny Omega

- Add Noted Comedy Match Performer or Comedy Match Worker to Kota Ibushi

- Possibly add Unable To Wrestle Again to Katsuyori Shibata

Just because you have been in DDT and had some comedy matches does not make you a Noted Comedy Match Performer or a Comedy Match Worker, Kenny isn't famous for comedy matches, he's famous for his series with Okada, the Golden Lovers and his classic with Tanahashi.

I would say you can make a much stronger case for giving Comedy Match Worker to Kota Ibushi than you can Omega but in the context of TEW I would not be giving it to either person, let's be clear here these are top tier work-rate guy's, not Colt Cabana or Yano Toru.

In addition it remains to be seen if Shibata can or cannot work again, would it be advisable? absolutely not, but frankly they did not have him come out and face off against KENTA twice (G1 Climax Final 2019 & Power Struggle 2019) for no reason, I absolutely believe NJ are building to one last match and the evidence supports the theory, Dave Meltzer said in November 2019 "It looks like he's gonna wrestle again" on Observer Radio before pointing out that he had tried to be cleared by NJ's doctor, it's a process that's in the works.

And it's not like Shibata isn't in a ring at the LA Dojo, he absolutely is in the ring directly training people on a daily basis when the place is open, he's broken yes but he's not falling apart in the way he was in 2017 or he would not be in that role.

Just because you have been in DDT and had some comedy matches does not make you a Noted Comedy Match Performer or a Comedy Match Worker, Kenny isn't famous for comedy matches, he's famous for his series with Okada, the Golden Lovers and his classic with Tanahashi.

I would say you can make a much stronger case for giving Comedy Match Worker to Kota Ibushi than you can Omega but in the context of TEW I would not be giving it to either person, let's be clear here these are top tier work-rate guy's, not Colt Cabana or Yano Toru.

In addition it remains to be seen if Shibata can or cannot work again, would it be advisable? absolutely not, but frankly they did not have him come out and face off against KENTA twice (G1 Climax Final 2019 & Power Struggle 2019) for no reason, I absolutely believe NJ are building to one last match and the evidence supports the theory, Dave Meltzer said in November 2019 "It looks like he's gonna wrestle again" on Observer Radio before pointing out that he had tried to be cleared by NJ's doctor, it's a process that's in the works.

And it's not like Shibata isn't in a ring at the LA Dojo, he absolutely is in the ring directly training people on a daily basis when the place is open, he's broken yes but he's not falling apart in the way he was in 2017 or he would not be in that role.

While true that his New Japan run is what most people know Omega for, he's also fairly famous for his comedy matches against blowup dolls and 9-year old girls, much like Ibushi. The reason I suggested adding one of those attributes to them was that they're pretty good at that stuff, and so maybe should get some sort of bonus for working a match like that in the game. But maybe I've misunderstood things and something like Plays Comedy Well would be more appropriate? Who knows.

As for Shibata, he was supposed to appear in some capacity during Goto-KENTA at Wrestle Kingdom, but the doctors wouldn't clear him to appear in any way that would result in a physical interaction between him and KENTA.

Meltzer also said this in his newsletter after Wrestle Kingdom in January:

"Evidently Shibata tried to get cleared, which was admittedly a huge longshot at best. The result was that not only was he not cleared, but told in no uncertain terms that there was zero percent chance he could ever be cleared."

Seems highly unlikely that he'll ever have a pro wrestling match again which is highly unfortunate, but that said, this is a fantasy booking simulator, and maybe that decision should be left to the player.

In the end, all of this is up to Gaz, how he sees things and what he wants to do.

Progress update:

Iv now implemented all of the feedback posted so far

Iv updated title prestige of all titles

Iv removed all of the in bracket Gimmick descriptions eg 'egomaniac (cocky)' now just reads 'egomainiac'. This has been done for all gimmick ideas, worker profiles and contracts

Iv amended all Gimmick ratings. The parameters changed from 2016 to 2020 meaning that all 'greatest and legendary' rated gimmicks from 2016 where set to random. Very good in 2016 moved to legendary in 2020, basically the converter messed up every Gimmick rating, anyway, I've fixed them all.

Iv set NJPWs schedule to fixed, so the massive schedule I'd added in 2016 should now work perfectly

Work is still ongoing with stables, the game seems to want to disband most within the first few days

I'll get beta v2 uploaded soon, but work is continuing and I'm just in the process of running a month playing as every company.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rovert" data-cite="rovert" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48694" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The pic pack link is down for me at least. Can you fix the link if you needed?<p> </p><p> Thanks for your work.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <a href="https://www.mediafire.com/file/cfe68pecbzut21j/2020Alt.rar/file" rel="external nofollow">https://www.mediafire.com/file/cfe68pecbzut21j/2020Alt.rar/file</a></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Moxley" data-cite="Moxley" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48694" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In the end, all of this is up to Gaz, how he sees things and what he wants to do.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I didn't know that Shibata had been denied, I'm sad now. Fair play.</p><p> </p><p> As for Kenny, Ibushi and Yoshihiko (the doll), as you say it's up to the creator if he want's to include 'comedy' as a trait for them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hollywood" data-cite="Hollywood" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48694" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Love this mod, everything is accurate and the skin & pic pack is beautiful. Any chance of dragongate being added in the future?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Unfortunately not, I have no level of knowledge whatsoever on Dragons Gate, sorry.</p>

<p>It's becoming very clear that I will (we will) have to ain a better knowledge of how the new game truly works before I can get this mod to play as intended, here are a few things iv noticed just from playing two weeks with NJPW:</p><p> </p><p>

The AI loves to disband like 80% of the stables, why? I have no idea, hopefully this is either a bug or something the likes of Derek or Adam can shed some light on at some point. </p><p> </p><p>

The game seems to be very harsh on the over usage of referees and road agents, my first thought for referees is that stamina is playing a part? This is something I'll have to run some tests on. </p><p> </p><p>

Injuries are a bitch, I ran night 1 and night 2 of Wrestle Kingdom and 3 of my workers got injured (Yano, Kenta and Naito) </p><p> </p><p>

In terms of the AI run companies I'm actually really impressed by their show results, they are not too high but are putting on good shows with grades that sit nicely in line with their popularity</p><p> </p><p>

Gimmicks are now working as they should and I have an idea to have a 'legends' Gimmick assigned to people like RVD, Billy Gunn, Tommy Dreamer etc where the gimmick pros and cons are set to 'Wins and Loses have less impact on popularity'. I think this will work great on guys that have achieved legend statuses and are now just putting people over but remain over with the fans.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway I'm off bed now but will continue with this in the morning.</p>

<p>I think the stables disbanding is a problem with the game itself, not your mod.</p><p> </p><p>

Popularity looks pretty great to me, for the most part. I'd suggest taking a closer look at the women in both major US promotions. Becky and Rhonda are definitely at least as over as Seth. And the AEW women look a little off to me. Britt Baker is a 10 across the US, while Allie is a 55? I'd drop Allie a bit and bump up Baker and Shida to around the level Allie is now. Just my opinion. Been looking forward to this mod and it looks beautiful. Graphics and skin really are top notch and stand out from most other mods.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PW_Fandom" data-cite="PW_Fandom" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48694" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>"extreme emphasis on accuracy of stats, popularity and in game balance."<p> </p><p> Never compromise this, I'm looking forward to jumping into this and I pretty much never play real world mods other than Genadi's because he has a similar attitude, thank you for providing another option I can trust.</p><p> </p><p> With that said I'll update this post with anything that stand's out as something that could require a second look or tweek, feel free to take the suggestions or disregard them as you please, ultimately it's your mod!</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> NJPW;</p><p> - One initial minor concern is that WK N1 & N2 are set to be season finale's and that may lead to problems, might be best to just have N2 set as the finale.</p><p> - Events in general are a little packed, regular tour dates mixed in with named tour dates leading to situations were literally almost every day of the week has a show, could be nuts particularly during tournaments.</p><p> - Some events that could maybe need a minor boost in importance; Dontaku, BOTSJ Final, Destruction.</p><p> - ROH World title is at the same level of prestige as the IWGP Heavyweight, seem's likely to be a mistake.</p><p> - RevPro & CMLL should probably be willing to accept excursion talents.</p><p> - Stardom maybe set to a mutual friendly attitude since both are owned by Bushiroad. (To be fair, this is simulated somewhat by the IWGP Conception alliance but I can't see the harm in adding the friendship)</p><p> - Both NJ Dojo & LA Dojo are set to produce female talents, I can't speak for LA Dojo but I'm fairly sure NJ Dojo is male only?</p><p> - A lot of big players like Okada, Tana, Ibushi had awful gimmick ratings in my game but I'm going to assume that's set to random, if it's possible maybe lock in some of the top tier guys as having good or stronger.</p><p> - I'm pretty darn happy with the stats of the roster, my only gripes would be with some of the Young Lions in terms of Star Quality; Yuya Uemura, Ren Narita, Shota Umino could all use to be more in line with Yota Tsuji.</p><p> - On that note one of the more promising lions seem's to be awol, Hikuleo who is in the Bullet Club and on excursion at Rev Pro.</p><p> - Kawato & Tomoyuki Ok seem about right but in terms of the other five lions above they are heavily tipped to be a "Golden Generation" of NJPW over the next decade so a little love might be worth a consideration.</p><p> - I think Switchblade & Bad Luck Fale should probably have a strong friendship.</p><p> - Chaos stable still regards them as "the predominant group of heels in New Japan" and while that was once true, it really isn't anymore.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> One addition for the Young Lion stats is to up Karl Frederick's SQ and Sex Appeal. Him winning the YL Cup shows his potential as a future star, so I'd say it should be 80's and he is a true hunk.</p>

Do you have the stables set to being "factions" or "alliances"? TheWho87 noticed that with his database, he had mass edited stables to all be "factions", and they would all get disbanded within the first 1-2 weeks of simming. If you set them all to being "alliance", they don't get disbanded (but the CPU does add and remove workers from them, which leads to weird things like Bully Ray in The Allure in ROH and Tessa Blanchard in the Desi Hit Squad in Impact).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CloudStrife888" data-cite="CloudStrife888" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48694" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you have the stables set to being "factions" or "alliances"? TheWho87 noticed that with his database, he had mass edited stables to all be "factions", and they would all get disbanded within the first 1-2 weeks of simming. If you set them all to being "alliance", they don't get disbanded (but the CPU does add and remove workers from them, which leads to weird things like Bully Ray in The Allure in ROH and Tessa Blanchard in the Desi Hit Squad in Impact).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> All stables have different types for example:</p><p> </p><p> Brotherhood - New Day, The Elite, The Rascalz</p><p> Cult - The Dark Order, OVE</p><p> Alliance - Inner Circle, Undisputed Era, Villain Enterprises, Lucha House Party</p><p> Factions - CHAOS, Bullet Club, Suzuki Gun</p><p> </p><p> The likes of The Allure are set to female only and the Desi Hit Squad has no new members set</p>