Match/Angle length user preference

<p>After reading Adam's status update, would it be feasible to add in another user preference that can turn on or off penalties, caps, fan expectations (however you want to word it) for match and angle lengths? </p><p> </p><p>

I'm thinking along the lines of the products could still say "Fans expect matches not to go over X amount of time," but you won't be penalized if you untick that user preference box. This way you can have your iron man matches, Royal Rumbles, etc. in products where fans expect shorter matches. You can also still have certain length penalties that make sense such as needing at least X amount of time for Technical Masterclass, Epic Build, etc., or Steal the Show needing to be less than X amount or else workers get tired, as well as the penalty in angles for nothing interesting happening when you have an angle rated only on a worker's overness while having the match/angle length user preference turned off.</p><p> </p><p>

If it's something that can be somehow added to the product screen, great. But if not, then that's why I suggested the above. And I hope all of that made sense.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt Shannon" data-cite="Matt Shannon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48764" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After reading Adam's status update, would it be feasible to add in another user preference that can turn on or off penalties, caps, fan expectations (however you want to word it) for match and angle lengths? <p> </p><p> I'm thinking along the lines of the products could still say "Fans expect matches not to go over X amount of time," but you won't be penalized if you untick that user preference box. This way you can have your iron man matches, Royal Rumbles, etc. in products where fans expect shorter matches. You can also still have certain length penalties that make sense such as needing at least X amount of time for Technical Masterclass, Epic Build, etc., or Steal the Show needing to be less than X amount or else workers get tired, as well as the penalty in angles for nothing interesting happening when you have an angle rated only on a worker's overness while having the match/angle length user preference turned off.</p><p> </p><p> If it's something that can be somehow added to the product screen, great. But if not, then that's why I suggested the above. And I hope all of that made sense.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Massive +1 for this. </p><p> </p><p> Disappointed about custom products, but this would solve a lot of the problem I'm having with wanting a product that is "Attitude Entertainment" but with longer matches & angles.</p><p> </p><p> Having it in preferences is actually a really good idea too, because then if you're running WWE and you want a Royal Rumble without penalties you can just go in and untick the preferences for that card and then re-enable it after.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been keeping up with the game even though I haven't been able to check it out yet, and I will say I'm quite pleased reading about the patch Adam worked on recently that addressed Royal Rumble matches. I still think User Preference tick boxes for match and angle lengths would be great, even if they're confined to the Company Product screen, such as the box that has those tick boxes for whether spinal impact moves are allowed, etc. This can address what TeemuFoundation (who I find myself agreeing with on this subject) and others have been talking about the past several weeks in regards to the length of matches and angles.

Please note that I'm not asking for everything to be rated 100. I believe others have stated, and I agree, that stats and/or popularity (depending on how your product works) should come into play here, as well as an element of randomness. After all, you never know when you'll have Hulk Hogan forget what he was going to say, or when Fred Ottman is going to crash and fall as the Shockmaster, or if Ian Rotten is going to go into business for himself. The great thing about all this? You have the option to turn on or off those user preferences I suggested. You still want that challenge that the product gives for your match/angle lengths? Go for it!

NB: As stated before, I'm also suggesting that the user preferences don't turn off the lengths required for match/angle aims where time is taken into account. Obviously, an Epic Match aim should still have an expectation going over 20 minutes to be successful, and a High Spots match aim should still carry the risk of tiring out workers if it goes too long, as well as risk of injury, etc. and so forth.