A Dream Come True- Head Booker of TNA Wrestling (2004)

Jan. 2004

In shocking news, Dixie Carter had been removed of all power in TNA Wrestling. She and her family were brought in to help out Jeff and Jerry Jarrett, who were in trouble financially. But it was clear from the beginning Dixie Carter had no mind for the wrestling business, thusly earning the nickname "Ditsy Carter" around the backstage area. Daddy Carter had enough, and banned Dixie from being involved with the company at all. He kept the Carter money in the company and put Jeff Jarrett back into power as the owner. Who was the head booker though? Well, the problem is nobody new. Jarrett kept it a secret from everybody involved, acting as mediator between the head booker and the roster. Nobody but Jeff Jarrett knew who actually had the book now in TNA, but one thing was for sure, things were about to change.

For now, the head booker will be known as Mr. X.

Roster coming soon. Prediction contests will happen. I hope to get many of you involved.

Breaking News

In news that has shocked the pro wrestling world, just days after agreeing to take over Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, Jeff Jarrett has stepped down as owner of the company, working out a deal with the mysterious man known as Mr. X to be the new TNA owner. The world is buzzing, with everybody wanting to know who this Mr. X character is. All we know right now is that he has vowed to make big changes to TNA, doing things his way, no matter what feathers he ruffles in the process.

Along with owning the company, Mr. X will remain in charge of the book, but will be relying on a whole host of employees in the company to help him with booking decisions. It is not known if there will be any schedule changes at this time, but we do know that Mr. X has vacated all 3 (TNA, TNA X-Division, TNA World Tag Team) title belts and will hold tournaments for all of the titles, with championship matches to take place at a future event.

uZ7Qszk.jpg

Hello...I am Mr. X. I am the new TNA owner. I will be working hand in hand with guys like Jeff Jarrett, Dusty Rhodes, Dutch Mantel, and Scott D'Amore to bring you the best content possible. I will not be providing you an initial roster because quite frankly, I myself don't even know who will be on it when all is said and done. Here's what I can tell you.. we are starting from scratch. I've cancelled all our tv contracts, I've cancelled our weekly PPV, I've cancelled the use of managers in TNA and because of that I've released a handful of talent which were managers during the Ditsy...I mean Dixie Carter regime.

We will have a 1 1/2 hour show that will be taped on Wednesday nights called TNA Fury! It will be shown on Thursday afternoons on the following stations: Urban America (USA), Reseau des sports (Canada, On Demand), Eurosport (Europe), and The Box (New Zealand). Unfortunately, none of the broadcasters in India, Mexico, or Japan were willing to negotiate with us yet.

Also, none of the PPV broadcasters were willing to negotiate with us, so our PPVs will be live on Sunday afternoon on all the previously mentioned stations. We will have a monthly PPV starting this month (January 2004).

I've also vacated all titles. We will have 3 title tournaments upcoming with Quarterfinals taking place on the first 2 episodes of TNA Fury! (this Wednesday and next Wednesday), and all semifinal matches taking place on Wednesday Week 3. The finals of all 3 tournaments will take place at our first 2 hour PPV set for Sunday Week 3 (all in January of course). Here are the Quarterfinal pairings for the tournaments.

TNA World Title Tournament Quarterfinals

Jeff Jarrett vs. Apolo

The Sandman vs. Ken Shamrock

AJ Styles vs. Roddy Piper

Jerry Lynn vs. Raven

TNA X-Division Title Tournament Quarterfinals

2 Cold Scorpio vs. Shark Boy

Kid Kash vs. Amazing Red

Ron Killings vs. Christopher Daniels

Sonjay Dutt vs. Erik Watts

TNA World Tag Team Title Tournament Quarterfinals

Americas Most Wanted (Chris Harris/James Storm) vs. The Gathering (CM Punk/Julio Dinero)

Samoan Connection (Sonny Siaki/Ekmo) vs. The New Church (Slash/Sinn)

XXX (Elix Skipper/Low-Ki) vs. Glenn Gilbertti/David Young

3 Live Kru (BG James/Konnan) vs. Simon Diamond/Johnny Swinger

There will be 2 Quarterfinal matches from each of these 3 tournaments on this weeks episode of TNA Fury!, then next week will be the other 2 Quarterfinal matches from each of these 3 tournaments. Let's get a prediction contest started shall we?

Fans, get involved! Mr. X likes to do math and will be happy to add numbers, the more the better. So let's get this started right.

For each tournament, please predict the 2 finalists and the eventual winner. 2 points each for selecting the correct finalists, and 6 points for selecting the winner. In other words, you can get up to 30 extra points right off the bat! That will go a long way.

Prediction contests: First one will run from January-June. Depending on how many people are involved in the prediction contest, I will do my Team Challenge Series July-December. Top 4, 6, or 8, depending on how many predict. But that is down the road yet. Let's see how many predictors we have and go from there.

The first episode of TNA Fury! probably won't run until next week as I want to take things slow early on, especially since the trial of TEW 2020 is only for 2 months, and I'm not sure when the full release of TEW 2020 will come out or when I'll have the money to buy it.

So I'm looking at running the first episode of TNA Fury! next Monday. Plenty of time to get your tournament predictions in. And yes, my format will be much the same as my MLW dynasty was on TEW 2016, I'll have pictures.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

TNA Title Tournament

AJ Styles vs. Jeff Jarrett

Comments: Easy way to establish a new order by making AJ the champ by having him beat the former Final Boss.

X Division Title Tournament

Christopher Daniels vs. Kid Kash

Comments: Similar idea. The young up and comer beats the veteran heel to win the strap.

TNA Tag Title Tournament

The Gathering vs. 3 Live Kru

Comments: Call it a wish pick, but use Punk while he's on the roster you know? Only heel team to win the titles and it's over a team they could easily feud with.

Odd to see Piper on the roster and as an active wrestler but alright. I'm interested in what direction you'll take. This is a great time to step into TNA's history.

TNA Title Tournament

Comments: Easy way to establish a new order by making AJ the champ by having him beat the former Final Boss.

Christopher Daniels vs. Kid Kash

Comments: Similar idea. The young up and comer beats the veteran heel to win the strap.

TNA Tag Title Tournament

The Gathering vs. 3 Live Kru

Comments: Call it a wish pick, but use Punk while he's on the roster you know? Only heel team to win the titles and it's over a team they could easily feud with.

Odd to see Piper on the roster and as an active wrestler but alright. I'm interested in what direction you'll take. This is a great time to step into TNA's history.

Thanks for the predictions. I'm only using Piper because I wanted another strong veteran that was already on the roster. When the tournaments are over and I start incorporating more storylines and angles, I'll also be making some roster moves. There will definitely be some surprises. I was a huge fan of TNA until Hogan and Bischoff came in around 2010 and completely ruined it. Hope you enjoy. My dynasty writing skills are certainly below par compared to many writers on here. I keep it pretty simple and basic.

Righto, I’ll have a crack... super keen to see where you take this one.

Comments: yeah, I can’t go past this one either as a great way to start off the save.

Christopher Daniels vs. Amazing Red

Comments: probably the best two pure “X division” guys in the tournament.

TNA Tag Title Tournament

Triple X vs. The Gathering

Comments: I also want to see Punk utilised properly, but let’s see Triple X start off with all the gold for now.

So I'm already thinking about scrapping this dynasty. Not because I don't want to do it, but because there's already so many TNA dynasties that are up and my booking or writing skills can't compare with the other ones.

I'm actually contemplating a couple ideas of dynasties that I haven't seen done yet, but I fear that scrapping another dynasty will cause me to lose my followers and predictors. Thoughts?

So I'm already thinking about scrapping this dynasty. Not because I don't want to do it, but because there's already so many TNA dynasties that are up and my booking or writing skills can't compare with the other ones.

I'm actually contemplating a couple ideas of dynasties that I haven't seen done yet, but I fear that scrapping another dynasty will cause me to lose my followers and predictors. Thoughts?

Dont quit because other people. Do what you enjoy and enjoy what you do. If people like it and you build a loyal following, itll stick. Do what you want, for the right reasons.

Hey write and book the way you want,, consistency and having fun with it is all that matters. And there needs to be more TNA diaries from this era,, such a cool time to book from.

• 4 months later...

I am strongly considering bringing back this dynasty. I've been watching a ton of Impact Plus lately and I feel like I owe it to myself to give it a shot, especially since nothing else is sticking for me.

Who would be interested in seeing this dynasty come back? Keep in mind it would be slow moving as I have a lot on my plate, and my writing style is simple, without many graphics.

I'm also still wanting to do a prediction contest. I would like to do a team challenge cup, a king of the mountain tournament, lethal lottery, world x cup and a tag team classic as special events. So, show of hands, who is interested?