Match Time Caps

There's something about the match time caps that is a little too line in the sand at the moment.

Taking for example the Classic Sports Entertainment product, where matches under 15 minutes have caps on how high the rating can be. I'd assume when talking about the "Ruthless Aggression" era of WWE, this is the product that would best suit so i'm going to use that as an example.

15 minutes is such a hard cap when you factor people like Brock, Batista had really good matches that weren't long. That said, it is fair that for the most part, the Eddie Guerrero, Benoit, Angle types were putting on 15+ classics during this era.

My thought is that there should be two types of time penalties

Soft Penalty - Match rating is penalised for being >15 minutes

Hard Penalty - Match rating is capped for being >10 minutes

This creates a buffer zone of 10-15 minutes where penalties apply, but not caps. This would allow workers who are skilled/over enough to overcome the penalty and still put on a very high rating.

Obviously the timings would vary for each product, but having that buffer zone allows for great workers to still be capable of putting on great matches in a shorter time period than the usual for that product.

There's something about the match time caps that is a little too line in the sand at the moment.

Taking for example the Classic Sports Entertainment product, where matches under 15 minutes have caps on how high the rating can be. I'd assume when talking about the "Ruthless Aggression" era of WWE, this is the product that would best suit so i'm going to use that as an example.

15 minutes is such a hard cap when you factor people like Brock, Batista had really good matches that weren't long. That said, it is fair that for the most part, the Eddie Guerrero, Benoit, Angle types were putting on 15+ classics during this era.

My thought is that there should be two types of time penalties

Soft Penalty - Match rating is penalised for being >15 minutes

Hard Penalty - Match rating is capped for being >10 minutes

This creates a buffer zone of 10-15 minutes where penalties apply, but not caps. This would allow workers who are skilled/over enough to overcome the penalty and still put on a very high rating.

Obviously the timings would vary for each product, but having that buffer zone allows for great workers to still be capable of putting on great matches in a shorter time period than the usual for that product.

In the interim that might make sense. Next version of the game though I'd really like to see the penalties for matches/angles going too long based on the stats of the workers involved. That's the right way to implement a system like this.

In the interim that might make sense. Next version of the game though I'd really like to see the penalties for matches/angles going too long based on the stats of the workers involved. That's the right way to implement a system like this.

You already get these penalties now though with stamina and with guys not good enough on the mic.

Product specific penalties is from an crowd or demographic perspective and it’s from an casual audience POV. It makes sense for a sport entertainment type of company to have such penalties because of the short attention spans of the intended audience.

It can be said that such thing should be tied to crowd management and not directly to the match or segment and only should effect the segment grade indirectly. But then we have to remember that we are not only booking for a live audience but future viewers.