TEW 2020 or TEW 2016? Which should I buy?

I want to buy one of these games and I wanted to know which one is considered the better one? Is the customization that exists on 2016 compatible with 2020? Can you import it? I want to do a WCW 2000-2001 save or something like that. I am just trying to figure out which will be the better purchase to make. If anyone can give me some feedback on this now, please do! Because I am anxious to play and I want to get started today.

Thanks,

Mark

I want to buy one of these games and I wanted to know which one is considered the better one? Is the customization that exists on 2016 compatible with 2020? Can you import it? I want to do a WCW 2000-2001 save or something like that. I am just trying to figure out which will be the better purchase to make. If anyone can give me some feedback on this now, please do! Because I am anxious to play and I want to get started today.

Thanks,

Mark

2016 has alot more ready to go mods

2020 has better features and is still being tweaked. It dont actually release till like the 14th or something. You would have to convert a 2016 mod to 2020 it would be playable but not well balanced and would require a fair bit of editing to get to the standard of some of the 2016 mods

Try the demo's first, and see what you prefer. There is four years worth of mods and such for 2016, 2020 is just getting started.

Honestly, if you want the newest, 2020 is the way to go. The biggest downfall from a players perspective is the control over Products, at least from what I have experienced so far, but if you liked just using the standards, there are actually MORE choices with that in 2020, although they are all standards (sort of) now, as we lost the control we had in 2016. Most everything else that is a con that I've seen from a players (as opposed from a mod makers) perspective would be the UI and cosmetic stuff, like colors and such which have been getting fixed, and skins are being created by TEW fanbase mod makers.

Also, you can download earlier mods from 2016, put them in 2020 and convert (go by the directions). They are playable, but won't utilize all the new cool features to their maximum until tweaked.

Thanks,

Mark

2016 is an easy choice if you are looking to play RW mods. Most mods aren't going to be 100% for a long time due to the changes that have been made. And 2020 is still going to have bugs and flaws for the foreseeable future, whereas 2016 is a polished game right now. So in short, if RW mods are what you want and making thousands of tedious changes in the editor isn't what you call "fun", I'd say to pass on 2020 for a little bit at the very least. 2016 will at least work correctly "out of the box" for what you want.

tew 2016 is a really well polished game. TEW 2020 has even more potential though. I am no modder but I converted a mod from 1994 and it seems to work fine. Just takes time to play around editing attributes and stuff. I am

in a real ratings battle with wcw now, whereas it was like see ya later, wcw, in tew 2016.

2020 is an improvement and will get better once Adam gets his first round of patches out.

Mods will take some time but from what I've observed, these mod makers are usually pretty fast and furious when it comes to getting their stuff out. For now I imagine you could at least use the converted R/W data as more of a management tool if you care more about fantasy booking or diaries.

I think you will find that us old fools, those of us that have been playing every single iteration of the game from 2005 or even 2004 of TEW, are going to prefer 2016 as it is now. The one's that have jumped in between, and new players are going to prefer the newer one.. This is just a general observation, there are plenty of exceptions. Most everyone has played older games, going back to EWR, etc., or just the free version of TEW, even the ones I'm saying are newer players, most have been around the game, I don't mean that anyone is a newbie (although there are a few of them).

If you’re only going to buy one game, then make it 2020, but just realise you’re going to have to wait a bit longer for the game to be polished and for real world mods to come out.

If you’re in the situation where you can buy one now and then the other one down the track, then TEW2016 is ready to go now and has many fantastic mods available. Just remember that 2020 will eventually eclipse it.