Is there a throwback original Cverse Database being worked on for 2020?

After reading the great "Darkside of the Ring Cverse" thread, I really got excited about the Cverse and all the crazy things that have happened through the Cverse history.. I never really played it much as I am an 80'S RW Mod fan mostly.

I was wondering if there was a mod that goes back to the beginning of the Cverse and had all the scandal etc narratives included so we could replay some of that amazing history and have some of those awesome stories pop up in "real time" game play?

That would be great!!

Here's what I know (and it's usually not much! :p)

-Derek B is working on his CVerse '97 mod--its a great entry point to the world as HGC (soon to be TCW) just opened

-There's been a 70's mod kicking around for years--I'm not sure if anyone plans on updating it...

-I have seen threads from folks working on the '05 default and the '13 default and bringing those databases in line with 2020

Here's what I know (and it's usually not much! :p)

-Derek B is working on his CVerse '97 mod--its a great entry point to the world as HGC (soon to be TCW) just opened

-There's been a 70's mod kicking around for years--I'm not sure if anyone plans on updating it...

-I have seen threads from folks working on the '05 default and the '13 default and bringing those databases in line with 2020

Thanks for the response!! That sounds awesome! So what was the actual starting point for the Cverse? I know it probably began with built in history for context, but what was the actual first year of the Cverse as we know it?

Thanks for the response!! That sounds awesome! So what was the actual starting point for the Cverse? I know it probably began with built in history for context, but what was the actual first year of the Cverse as we know it?

Technically TEW2004 was the first modern playable CVerse in canon. The 70s or 97 mods aren’t technically canon (they should be because they’re that good!), but they expand upon two of the biggest periods in CV history. The former with SWF’s expansion in the west, and rise of the juniors in the east. The latter with the birth of HGC & PGHW to challenge the big companies in their area.

Technically TEW2004 was the first modern playable CVerse in canon. The 70s or 97 mods aren’t technically canon (they should be because they’re that good!), but they expand upon two of the biggest periods in CV history. The former with SWF’s expansion in the west, and rise of the juniors in the east. The latter with the birth of HGC & PGHW to challenge the big companies in their area.

I really wish there was a way to get access to TEW 2004 again. But that company folded.

I think TEW 07 was the most interesting time. I believe the Mexican draft had just occurred and all the companies were on equal footing, CGC was in a good spot to conquer NOTBPW and SWF and TCW were in the midst of their huge war and had just pillaged the indies. DAVE was also on it's final legs but could still be saved by clever players. Further, the indies themselves had a lot of newcomers debuting every month.

In Japan, INSPIRE, a very bizarre and shady experiment, had debuted earlier the last year and I think this was the year BHOTWG and PGHW were going head to head.

It was a great time.

<p>I believe any C-verse fan should definitely try the '97 mod. It's really good. It does take some liberties with the canon, but nothing major (mostly additions, not actual changes apart from a few, weird things, but those might just be unintended bugs) and perhaps we'll eventually see some of it canonized.</p><p> </p><p>

Even though things will obviously run differently, it's a nice introduction to the C-verse if you're new. It'll probably take weeks before it's officially released, and I don't recommend playing the converted database, even though it's perfectly playable if you make some changes to company products.</p><p> </p><p>

If you don't want to go back in time so much 2005 is a great entry point. By then, most of the promotions will have debuted or will soon.</p>