Work the Crowd or Lift the Crowd?

I'm not always good with match aims. Can anyone who has more understanding help me with the difference between work the crowd and lift the crowd?

The way I think of it is that Work the Crowd doesn't so much rely on in ring stats, and more on charisma and psychology. It allows the fans to take a breather.

I think of Lift the Crowd as more of a fast-paced match to get the crowd into an action oriented phase.

The road agent descriptions of the two are very similar, and, in the end, I don't seem to ever put them in the right place.

Discussion of other match aims are welcome, as well.

<p>Work The Crowd generally belongs at the start of the show. Though, as long as you put a good match or angle in the first segment, you don't really need the "Work The Crowd" aim.</p><p> </p><p>

Lift the Crowd, in my experience, should follow a Calm the Crowd match and prep the audience for something like an Epic or Spectacle. Again, an angle can accomplish much the same end.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49195" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Work The Crowd generally belongs at the start of the show. Though, as long as you put a good match or angle in the first segment, you don't really need the "Work The Crowd" aim.<p> </p><p> Lift the Crowd, in my experience, should follow a Calm the Crowd match and prep the audience for something like an Epic or Spectacle. Again, an angle can accomplish much the same end.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Does Calm the Crowd mostly reset the crowd to the start of the show and Lift get them a level hotter?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49195" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Work The Crowd generally belongs at the start of the show. Though, as long as you put a good match or angle in the first segment, you don't really need the "Work The Crowd" aim.<p> </p><p> Lift the Crowd, in my experience, should follow a Calm the Crowd match and prep the audience for something like an Epic or Spectacle. Again, an angle can accomplish much the same end.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Some products don't allow many angles.</p>