auto45's Birthplace Mod

Xqsm89j.jpg

I'm sure this has been done at some capacity before, but I am going to be putting my own spin on it. Workers from all different times in history will be placed in companies based on states that they were born in. I will first focus on the United States and Canada's provinces, and then determine how I would like to separate the other countries. States will be grouped together to fill companies with enough workers.

I plan on taking my time on this to make it play how I intend it to, but will release beta's for testing.

Would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions!

Here are some pics for the first completed company, Indiana & Illinois.

DftZXpW.jpg

pHjVb8u.png

17vmuFT.png

Credit for the base workers goes to janS and his WotI VI mod for TEW 2016. His mod also lists Tommy for the 2010 mod, MRKAYFABE, Togg, Fleisch, Daiplug, Mammoth, MrCanada and iDol, so full credit to them for any workers that they have created, I am just editing some stats and putting them in new companies.

Are you using their billed birthplaces or their actual ones? Because Hawk was born in Minnesota and I'm pretty sure Animal is from Philly (Johnny Ace is from Philly and they are brothers.) If it's kayfabe then Warrior shouldn't be in Indiana/Illinois and Parts Unknown would be stacked.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DeathZone2" data-cite="DeathZone2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49290" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you using their billed birthplaces or their actual ones? Because Hawk was born in Minnesota and I'm pretty sure Animal is from Philly (Johnny Ace is from Philly and they are brothers.) If it's kayfabe then Warrior shouldn't be in Indiana/Illinois and Parts Unknown would be stacked.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The roster isn't final, I have rough rosters written up from various sources (wrestlingdata.com and the Wikipedia pages for "Professional Wrestlers from _____") so they aren't consistent right now. I will go through and make sure everyone is from their actual birthplaces. So people that are added based on billed from locations will be moved, this is just a quick mock up of a roster.</p><p> </p><p> Also, I am going to take some leeway on certain situations, for example, Sarah Logan was born in Louisville, Kentucky, but she lived in Jeffersonville, Indiana straight from the hospital and her family lived there before, she was just born across the river because it was a bigger hospital.</p>

Yes! I was planning on doing something just like this once the War of the Immortals mod comes out. Are you going to make the people from scratch? If so that is a lot of people to include.

janS WOTI VI for TEW 2016 is being used for the base workers, but stats and other things are being edited on most workers just to fit what I want to do with the mod. For example, all popularity will be redone.

Interesting idea. I'll definitely give it a look when you release the beta. My home state of Georgia is gonna be loaded.....Hogan, Shamrock, Road Dogg, AJ, Cody, etc.

Going through and doing Georgia now since you put it in my head, and unfortunately Cody was born in Charlotte, North Carolina. Everywhere has him listed as Marietta, Georgia, except himself lol.

l6Xd77c.png

Not sure if he just happened to be born there and was taken back to Marietta, so if anyone has some solid information on that it would be appreciated.

Going through and doing Georgia now since you put it in my head, and unfortunately Cody was born in Charlotte, North Carolina. Everywhere has him listed as Marietta, Georgia, except himself lol.

l6Xd77c.png

Not sure if he just happened to be born there and was taken back to Marietta, so if anyone has some solid information on that it would be appreciated.

Even without Cody (I think he probably just grew up here), Georgia is still gonna have a pretty solid roster.

Edit: Can't believe I forgot Big Bossman, and just realized New Jack is from Atlanta as well (at least born there according to cagematch), though AJ apparently wasn't born in Georgia either.

Even without Cody (I think he probably just grew up here), Georgia is still gonna have a pretty solid roster.

Edit: Can't believe I forgot Big Bossman, and just realized New Jack is from Atlanta as well (at least born there according to cagematch), though AJ apparently wasn't born in Georgia either.

Doing this has definitely made me realize how much confusing information there is out there about peoples birthplaces. With New Jack, some places have him born in Atlanta while other have him born in Greensboro, NC. Speaking of the Carolina's, they will definitely give Georgia the run for their money.

Sneak peek for the upcoming two companies being worked on.

5yHoMUl.jpg0gOpKtu.jpg

Will probably release a small beta at 8 or 10 companies. Not going to be completely balanced, just something for people to test and notice any errors.

Looks like a fun mod, though my native Rhode Island is going to be in so much trouble.

Rhode Island will definitely have to be grouped with another state, just trying to figure out how many I will group it with. Might do a Northeast company with the smaller states, not sure yet.

Sneak peek for the upcoming two companies being worked on.

5yHoMUl.jpg0gOpKtu.jpg

Will probably release a small beta at 8 or 10 companies. Not going to be completely balanced, just something for people to test and notice any errors.

Rhode Island will definitely have to be grouped with another state, just trying to figure out how many I will group it with. Might do a Northeast company with the smaller states, not sure yet.

Could look to include them in a New England alliance of sorts. There are a few stars according to cagematch (Cena, Trips), but it likely wouldn't be overpowered.

Could look to include them in a New England alliance of sorts. There are a few stars according to cagematch (Cena, Trips), but it likely wouldn't be overpowered.

6xM3C4j.jpg

This is roughly what I'm looking at right now. In a perfect world I would not have any states grouped up, but in order to make it balanced and playable it needs to be done. This will most likely change around a bit, and of course, suggestions are welcomed.

Edit: And now that I'm looking at it, Tennessee might be split up and put by themselves. Sort of leaves Kentucky with nowhere to go if that happens though.

And now that I'm looking at it, Tennessee might be split up and put by themselves. Sort of leaves Kentucky with nowhere to go if that happens though.

Grouping Kentucky with Ohio likely wouldn't be to unbalancing (again using cagematch as my point of reference), Jim Cornette looks like he could well be Kentucky's biggest contribution to the roster (though he could likely manage most of the lower perception workers with any skills up the card pretty easily).

Grouping Kentucky with Ohio likely wouldn't be to unbalancing (again using cagematch as my point of reference), Jim Cornette looks like he could well be Kentucky's biggest contribution to the roster (though he could likely manage most of the lower perception workers with any skills up the card pretty easily).

That would also give us the Brian Pillman Sr. and Jr. tag team, which is enough reason to do it.

Edit: Also while looking through Kentucky, realized that Ricochet was actually born in Illinois north of St. Louis. I always thought he was Paducah born and raised.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zaktay8" data-cite="Zaktay8" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49290" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How are you going to do popularity in each company? Because the regions in the game are a bit off from what you have set up at the moment.<p> <a href="https://imgur.com/a/m060IiF" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/m060IiF</a></p><p> This is a map of the US regions in TEW 2020. I hope this helps.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: I messed up on LA, TN, and AK. Those go to south east.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's pretty easy to change what regions locations are in. I'm just going to adjust them to fit. I don't really agree with how TEW regions are set up anyway in some places.</p>

Okay so here's a very small database with what I have so far. This is just for anyone that is bored and wants to look through it. Not super playable. Suggestions and criticisms are welcomed, actually encouraged. Check the database maker's whiteboard for what I have done and plan to work on in the near future.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y4uv7lat0yzrklg/Birthplace_Data.zip/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vc4bv7a00xs8rj8/Birthplace_Pics.zip/file

Pics are a combination of nGo, msp, SAMPP, and promotion logo's by me, so credit to all of the people responsible for those.

Still slowly working on it. Been taking some time to actually play the full game. Almost have every roster planned out as I figured that would be the best thing to get done first. Also been running sims with the companies that I have done to make sure they run how intended. Will post some screenshots within the next few days.

<p>Also, while I'm thinking about it, since some places just don't have any well known referees or announcers, what would be the best plan of action?</p><p> </p><p>

I had two thoughts about this:</p><p> </p><p>

1. Scrounge around the internet and just get some relatively unknown people.</p><p> </p><p>

or 2. Use well know people that aren't associated with professional wrestling or professional wrestling internet personalities if there are any from the area.</p><p> </p><p>

If I went with option two, I wouldn't be making any of them super popular or "overpowered" they would just be used for the name and picture and people could use them however they would like.</p><p> </p><p>

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.</p>

Also, while I'm thinking about it, since some places just don't have any well known referees or announcers, what would be the best plan of action?

I had two thoughts about this:

1. Scrounge around the internet and just get some relatively unknown people.

or 2. Use well know people that aren't associated with professional wrestling or professional wrestling internet personalities if there are any from the area.

If I went with option two, I wouldn't be making any of them super popular or "overpowered" they would just be used for the name and picture and people could use them however they would like.

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Almost every region has had some sort of territory so I'm sure they have announcers and referees. Maybe set a minimum for the announcers and referees popularity/skill. Or if you have too many in one area you could move stuff around. An example is that Gordon Solie is from Minnesota but is most known for announcing in Florida/Georgia. Once the mod is fully out I was planning on maybe moving things around like how Tully Blanchard was born in Calgary but known for being in San Antonio. So I'd move him to Texas instead of his actual birthplace.