I got TEW 2020 working on Chromebook

It took me all night, but I finally got the game working on my Chromebook. I then updated it and moved over all my saved games and stuff.

So far so good. I'll update this if any problems pop up.

I was able to install it via Crossover. I had to add several Wine components in order to finally get it working. To be honest, I kind of don't know how I got it working. LOL!

I had to also mess with the configuration settings so the game would display properly as well. I'm pretty sure I had more problems with that than actually getting the game to work.

Anyway, I thought I'd share in case anyone else wants to try it on Chromebook.

I play on a little 10 inch RCA 2-in-1 windows tablet at work. Have two copies of the game (TEW 2016). One for my desktop and one for my tablet. I use my phone to transfer savegame files. It's pretty awesome taking TEW with me wherever I go.

Though TEW 2020 gets cut off on the right side because it's too wide and doesn't fit my tablet's screen. It's still workable though, I just have to use the taskbar to close out the game.

You can actually dig a little deeper depending on your Chromebook too. You can install a full Linux OS on top of the ChromeOS and switch between the two with a keyboard shortcut. I had one a couple of years ago that I played TEW2016 on. I haven't used ChromeOS in a few years but it was fairly limited at the time, so using Linux on the machine was my preference.

https://www.howtogeek.com/162120/how-to-install-ubuntu-linux-on-your-chromebook-with-crouton/