Forum Mod Tag/Identification

Could we get a system in place on the forum where moderators have a user tag as "Forum Moderator" or similar? At the moment there is no visible difference between a moderator on the board and a regular member, except for the very, very bottom of the forum webpage where all moderators are listed.

This can cause people to ignore and not take on board messages from moderators because they appear to be just "another member". For instance, this post by Historian: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2427426&postcount=16

To a newcomer to the forum this looks like someone just telling him to be nice - and not what it is, a polite warning of behaviour. If it said Forum Moderator under his name instead of All Star then this would not cause any confusion and send a clear message.

So in short, I believe all forum moderators should have clear and visible identification, for newcomers and long term users alike, to understand when they are discussion with a forum moderator or not.

Could we get a system in place on the forum where moderators have a user tag as "Forum Moderator" or similar? At the moment there is no visible difference between a moderator on the board and a regular member, except for the very, very bottom of the forum webpage where all moderators are listed.

This can cause people to ignore and not take on board messages from moderators because they appear to be just "another member". For instance, this post by Historian: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2427426&postcount=16

To a newcomer to the forum this looks like someone just telling him to be nice - and not what it is, a polite warning of behaviour. If it said Forum Moderator under his name instead of All Star then this would not cause any confusion and send a clear message.

So in short, I believe all forum moderators should have clear and visible identification, for newcomers and long term users alike, to understand when they are discussion with a forum moderator or not.

As RR said, we only just got the ability to do so, but I have updated mine accordingly.

As RR said, we only just got the ability to do so, but I have updated mine accordingly.

Thanks. I want to be clear my request wasn't from a hostile stance or to be negative. I just know that some users will completely ignore or disregard other members of the board, so having the tag saying you're a mod be immediately visible adds extra weight to your comments.

Thanks

Ray