The AI's hiring and poaching is absolutely brutal

So i'm doing my RTG in the c-verse as WCW, and goddamn have i noticed that the top companies go for your guys the moment they get even semi-over!

over the course of a year i have lost:

Fro Sure

Ernest Youngman

Bradley Blaze

Austin Smooth

Cali Slick

Cobra

Deaf Touch

Flash Savage

Hugh De Aske

Kenny Callaway

Logan wolfsbaine

Mimic

Nelson Callum

Xavi Ferrera

And the worst part is that they come at them after your shows, since im running 1 show a month ive literally had that i put my title on fro sure, he gets poached after 2 shows, put the title on cali slick, who gets poached after 1 show, and then on mimic, and guess which companies come knocking the moment the show ends and he just won the title?

This is a long winded post but what i'm trying to say is: Damn Adam wasnt lying when he said the AI would be more predatory

It doesn't help that you're signing the most predictable guys. These are guys that people who play any of the big three would probably sign asap to build up so it's predictable AI would. It's sort of pretty outstanding any of these guys aren't signed to a big company at this point. I'm interested in seeing how much poaching the AI does once the world is more settled.

All that said, I actually really dig getting poached. Feels like your guy is going to the big leagues because you've built them up and it gives me a spot to build someone new.

So i'm doing my RTG in the c-verse as WCW, and goddamn have i noticed that the top companies go for your guys the moment they get even semi-over!

over the course of a year i have lost:

Fro Sure

Ernest Youngman

Bradley Blaze

Austin Smooth

Cali Slick

Cobra

Deaf Touch

Flash Savage

Hugh De Aske

Kenny Callaway

Logan wolfsbaine

Mimic

Nelson Callum

Xavi Ferrera

And the worst part is that they come at them after your shows, since im running 1 show a month ive literally had that i put my title on fro sure, he gets poached after 2 shows, put the title on cali slick, who gets poached after 1 show, and then on mimic, and guess which companies come knocking the moment the show ends and he just won the title?

This is a long winded post but what i'm trying to say is: Damn Adam wasnt lying when he said the AI would be more predatory

I love it. It's a shame the booking AI is still borked to hell. But this is by far the best feature. USPW are hyenas man. I saw them wipeout the entire EILL roster one save in the first 3mos it was brutal, and glorious.

I like that the AI poaching has been tuned to be a bit more realistic, but I do think it's a bit much in something like the Cverse where there are at least 3 WWE sized companies to hoard talent with

When there's so much talent available on the indies and like 10 companies active? I think it's fine, especially when the first round of graduates comes through. You can also tap foreign markets as well once you hit a decent size. Requires more lateral thinking than, Sign Black Diamond(older versions J-Ro), push to Main Event... Print money steal all of USPWs over workers, win the game.

I personally love it. I've gotten to the point where I stopped hiring usual suspects and went after lesser known that I never really used before except in a few cases. This time, the only superstar in waiting I've hired is Papa Swoll, and after I gave him my main title his loyalty attribute made him become loyal to me!

I'm playing QAW, so as the only major women's company in North America, I was concerned about CWA and USPW coming down hard, as they always did in 2016 (though I did eventually figure out how to mitigate the former). But this year, so far, CWA has limited themselves to signing women from ACPW (3 out of the 4 that work for them, so far) and USPW hasn't hired anyone from anywhere yet, to my knowledge.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49703" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm playing QAW, so as the only major women's company in North America, I was concerned about CWA and USPW coming down hard, as they always did in 2016 (though I did eventually figure out how to mitigate the former). But this year, so far, CWA has limited themselves to signing women from ACPW (3 out of the 4 that work for them, so far) and USPW hasn't hired anyone from anywhere yet, to my knowledge.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> CWA is set to a Medium women's division, and starts with 15 women workers, USPW is set to Small and starts with 19. I would assume that's why CWA hires some additional workers while USPW doesn't.</p>

I definitely don't think it's just 2020, in my 2016 game I was playing UEW and EVERY person that was getting over 50pt performances was getting contracts that were WAYYY over their worth (like 7,400$ written contracts w/ 20% bonus and down pay from BHOTWG when they are valued at 4,200$). I think this is a sign that you are doing really well! Eventually they will run out of people to take so you just have to hire rando 18 year olds that are super cheap and book them all strongly to make them into your new champs. You might get "next big thing" stars too which helps a lot.

I did a year long sim to watch Japan. BHOTWG signs anyone they can who has decent popularity. Essentially because they rose to large size. Though they mostly just job on the pre-show. Makes me see a real challenge in booking small companies in Japan

<p>WrestleWorld feels like it's a blessing and a curse for poaching. It helps companies grow, but it also gets attention from the big companies since WrestleWorld is acting as developmental for them.</p><p> </p><p>

My thinking is to stay away from talent trading and alliances until you have enough cash saved up to sign a handful of integral workers to written deals at the same time that you're moving to broadcasting. </p><p> </p><p>

There's going to be a bloodbath by the end of the second year in my game. CZCW is going to hit medium first. They share a main event scene with QAW and I think that they'll sign those workers away. QAW gets to medium size after them and should start signing aggressively. After them, it's either PSW or NYCW to medium. Someone is going to have to break their "No Stealing" pact before the merciless Big 3 come to harvest again.</p><p> </p><p>

Meanwhile, FCW is in deep trouble due to their uppercard being raided as well as raises given out due to the WW exposure, and this is on top of being in a tiny market. OLLIE could go under or they could make it to mountains of cash, but their roster is just full of panicked signings and it's quite the sight.</p>

I'm playing QAW, so as the only major women's company in North America, I was concerned about CWA and USPW coming down hard, as they always did in 2016 (though I did eventually figure out how to mitigate the former). But this year, so far, CWA has limited themselves to signing women from ACPW (3 out of the 4 that work for them, so far) and USPW hasn't hired anyone from anywhere yet, to my knowledge.

I haven't seen that yet but with the fully visible contract terms, I can see there's going to be blood in the water. Before May of 2020, the contracts of Alicia Strong, Amber Allen, Dulce Moreno, Emma Chase, Glorious Gloria, Jasmine Saunders, Jenny Playmate, Maryam Vega, Miss American Pie, Phoebe Plumridge, Raven Nightfall, and both of the Bombshells will come due. Now, I know some people will say, "some of those are just managers". Yep, so are some of the active wrestlers. I'm interested to see how bad the bloodbath becomes when some of those workers change homes. Like what the bidding war for Alicia is going to look like. She's already making 53k a month. Would CWA even try to sign her? Especially since their biggest star in the women's division, Brooke, is making almost half that (27.5k a month) and her contract will come due less than six months after Alicia would arrive. For once, I'm actually interested in the goings on outside of my company.