Disable Product Requirements / Find Some Sort of Alternative

I've noticed that one of the biggest gripes about the new game lies in the new preset products. It's caused lots of debate and has been a large source of negativity in the community.

But there might be a way around it. Can we possibly get an option to turn off strict product requirements? If not, can we get a product with no bonuses or penalties? It would save a lot of effort for players in trying to book perfect shows while also allowing those people who want to play with the preset products the ability to continue to do so.

Really appreciate the good work, Adam, and I'd be thrilled if this came to be.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="miamarsden" data-cite="miamarsden" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49716" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've noticed that one of the biggest gripes about the new game lies in the new preset products. It's caused lots of debate and has been a large source of negativity in the community.<p> </p><p> But there might be a way around it. Can we possibly get an option to turn off strict product requirements? If not, can we get a product with no bonuses or penalties? It would save a lot of effort for players in trying to book perfect shows while also allowing those people who want to play with the preset products the ability to continue to do so.</p><p> </p><p> Really appreciate the good work, Adam, and I'd be thrilled if this came to be.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Isn´t this already covered with your preferences??</p><p> You can turn them off and basically book whatever you want.</p>

I think it's a good idea because it won't bother those who want to play with it.

Maybe the possibility to disabled requirement one by one with the right click in the product screen. It must be something possible for Adam without adding too much work.

Some products are good, but there are always one or two requirements that are strange.

Isn´t this already covered with your preferences??

You can turn them off and basically book whatever you want.

No, only the match aim requirements and match ratios.

No, only the match aim requirements and match ratios.

But you can turn off more things, down to the point, where the only requirements would be to have altleast three different segments on the show and to advance one storyline per show (if your product has storylines).

To be clear, I´m not against a "Freestyle-Product".

Actually, I would like to see it, because it would make a lot of people happy.

But reading the OP and what he wants to achieve, you can do this already by turning off the preferences.

Or maybe I´m just misunderstanding something??

But you can turn off more things, down to the point, where the only requirements would be to have altleast three different segments on the show and to advance one storyline per show (if your product has storylines).

To be clear, I´m not against a "Freestyle-Product".

Actually, I would like to see it, because it would make a lot of people happy.

But reading the OP and what he wants to achieve, you can do this already by turning off the preferences.

Or maybe I´m just misunderstanding something??

There are several product settings that can't be affected by preferences. Most notably anything related to match times. Penalties for short or long matches, requirements for match time if it involves major workers, caps, etc.

There are several product settings that can't be affected by preferences. Most notably anything related to match times. Penalties for short or long matches, requirements for match time if it involves major workers, caps, etc.

Fair enough.

You´ll still get penalties, if you´re using two jobbers for 20 minutes.

And now that I´m reading the OP again, I think with perfect show he really does mean "perfect".

Personally what I want to disabled in some products are "clean finishes only" for the puro, "dangerous matches" for wrestling nerd nirvana, "cinematic" for no-style...

Match times for me is good, but not for others. I don't want a sandbox, I like to have rules and penalties when I go wrong, but sometimes the products aren't accurate with the reality, or at least my vision of that product.

But since it's a problem for a lot of people, something must change, at least maybe start to add the products suggestions made by the players, I made two I hope they will come soon.

I think the goal of such features is to reward not punish people who book realistically. I don't think say flatcapping all angles at 5 minutes for some products is very realistic.

For example, the angles without anything interesting happening is a good feature because a 30 minute overness angle is not realistic.

Sandbox players are vital to the game because they are the ones who do diaries and make content until the next TEW comes out. Gameplay players get bored.

I think maybe make the limits less rigid. A lesser penalty for 6 minutes over 7 minutes for example.

Product settings will always be useful because they serve as a template for the AI to book different companies in appropriate styles. Applied to players, however, they've been designed in far too restrictive a manner. Rather than serving as a guide or roadmap, they've feel very much like "stray out of this very narrow line and you will be punished!".

As a general modification, I'd like to see less "this will be penalized" and more "this will be penalized unless it's good", particularly in regards to match and angle lengths being too long. We've seen in RL that fans have embraced long matches and angles when they're carried by strong performers, even in the Attitude era WWF (which ran a product that favours shorter matches and angles).

Booking a segment that strays outside your core product definition should be a risk, but it shouldn't automatically fail. Audiences will often embrace something a little different or unexpected... if it's well-executed. It keeps shows from becoming stale and predictable. And from a gameplay point of view, it's simply more fun to be allowed to experiment a bit.

I know we're constantly told that it's okay (and often required) to accept a few penalties when booking in TEW, but the game gives us no incentive to try things outside of whatever small box our product setting allows. If there's a penalty for booking a match longer than 25 minutes, we won't book one, even if the occasional 30-minute iron man match might make a great feud-ender and we've got the right workers to pull it off.

Yea having a hot storylines, high prestige gimmick match, high prestige belt or good enough workers should cancel out the normal penalty. I don’t think most of those bonuses exist.

A match that is not normally accepted in a company should get away with not being crapped on if the storyline is hot enough. Of course this match shouldn’t rate as the highest rated match ever because it’s a gimmick match in a none gimmick company but these are some of the exceptions that should exist in the game.