Why does my child company do nothing?

I created a child company and sent about a dozen of my promising workers there. They had enough events to start but no booker/owner for about 3 weeks, so I took over an NPC, made him the booker and resigned. After two weeks they’re still not running any shows, why?

What events did you make?

They don't, I assumed they would hire them by themselves, there are plenty available.

I know I had the same issue last game with this when I didn't send any non wrestlers to my dev companies. Since it seems like the type of dev company was taken out I'm not sure how that would work now but I'd try sending some of them down to see if that will work

Wait, you didn't have a booker hired either? That's probably a big part of it since as far as I know they wont do anything until you hire them

So they don't do their own hiring/firing at all? I can only send them people I have on my roster, I don't have spare commentators or referees there.

I know I had the same issue last game with this when I didn't send any non wrestlers to my dev companies. Since it seems like the type of dev company was taken out I'm not sure how that would work now but I'd try sending some of them down to see if that will work

Wow.

Just wow.

Wow.

Just wow.

Taken out might not be the correct word. The function of one of the types(I forget which) is now able to be done by offering other promotions to take your dev workers. There's some stuff missing from there such as the ability to control the product of those promotions, but a self reliant promotion to develop your workers is something you can still have in the game

Yeah my understanding is that if your child company doesn't have an owner than there will be no one to hire anyone or do anything. Its on you to hire and assign someone in those positions because you are the owner. Which makes sense.

i think it was the same way in 2016. i'm pretty sure it even said on the screen where you assign/see the owner and booker of your child company that the company either can't run or won't run well if an owner/booker weren't assigned.