Maybe a Stupid question about divisions?

Hey Guys

For TEW2020 were the divisions removed?

How do we assign a push? Is there a option for this in the game?

Example is having an opener getting pushed to midcarder.

I am still new and trying to get used to the interface.

Can anyone explain or help?

Hey Guys

For TEW2020 were the divisions removed?

How do we assign a push? Is there a option for this in the game?

Example is having an opener getting pushed to midcarder.

I am still new and trying to get used to the interface.

Can anyone explain or help?

Pushes are no longer in the game it’s now replaced by the perception feature so how the fans look at a wrestler is now the “push” like where it says Major Star, Star, Well Known, etc.

<p>Seems like it skews towards liking perception</p><p> </p><p>

Personally I'm not sold on the system , it wasn’t enough to make me stick with 16, but I just don’t see it as realistic at all, pushes in my eyes was 100x more realistic and used real wrestling lingo compared to perception imo</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Risk2020" data-cite="Risk2020" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Okay this is diffrent! Thanks guys. Do you like this change?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In the contract screen in TEW2016 you could assign clauses such as "never lower than main eventer" which was good to make the AI push workers who weren't popular/talented. It's gone now.</p><p> </p><p> So I don't like this new system in TEW2020.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ngz999" data-cite="ngz999" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In the contract screen in TEW2016 you could assign clauses such as "never lower than main eventer" which was good to make the AI push workers who weren't popular/talented. It's gone now.<p> </p><p> So I don't like this new system in TEW2020.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just wondering, but why would you want to force the AI to push someone unpopular/untalented?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Risk2020" data-cite="Risk2020" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Okay this is diffrent! Thanks guys. Do you like this change?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Personally, I'm a huge fan. The old pushes system always felt somewhat gamey, and never really felt like it accurately portrayed the way popularity worked in wrestling. It was very finnicky and got to be a chore to constantly be adjusting people's pushes. The new system, while not perfect, seems to be a big step forward in accurately portraying how crowds react to wrestlers, and allowing for more organic and dynamic movement up and down the card.</p>

<p>I like it, personally. If you want someone to be portrayed as a main event level talent, it forces you to actually book someone like a main event talent, instead of just saying "hey, you're a main eventer. Good job. Now job to everyone constantly in 20 minute matches that people will be fine with forever for some reason. Everyone will be delighted that you're taking up half of our TV show, because I told them you were a main eventer".</p><p> </p><p>

It's not perfect, particularly when your company isn't very popular as worker's perception can swing back and forth a bit more frequently than I'd like at lower level feds, but overall I find it an improvement from a realism/authenticity point of view.</p><p> </p><p>

Edit: Oh, and divisions (as opposed to pushes, which were always an entirely different thing) are totally still in the game. From your Roster screen, click on either the yellow text at the top ("Aaron Andrews is a 33 year old white American male..."), or the worker's perception ("is considered a Major Star..") or their morale ("has normal Morale"). Those will all take you to the same screen. That's where you can change anything about the worker in your company, such as who he's managed by or what brand he's on. One of the options is Divison. All the 2016 options are still there (plus "women's" now, as women's division isn't a "push" by itself any more for obvious reasons).</p>

Just wondering, but why would you want to force the AI to push someone unpopular/untalented?

Because that's what happens irl. Bookers don't wait for the fans to pick stars based on "workrate" or "charisma." They find a golden boy and strap the rocket to them, smashing them over whether the fans like it or not.

If Roman Reigns or Randy Orton debuted in TEW as rookies, based on their actual charisma and in-ring skills they had at the time, they'd be stuck in the midcard. They NEED that "never lower than main event" contract clause so the AI pushes them, then AFTER the big push they become over with the fans on the level that justifies their push.

It's why every real life mod either has bizarrely high stats for terrible WWE main eventers, or they have realistic stats and the AI keeps the world title on Bryan Danielson for five years.

Roman and Randy weren't main eventing from the get go in real life...

No, but they weren't stuck in the midcard for 20 years while Sami Zayn main events Wrestlemania either.

It could also simulate mega-pushes like Brock Lesnar where he was beating main eventers shortly after his debut. TEW's default AI would take years to build him up to that level.

There are many cases in real life when unpopular and stale wrestlers are pushed again and again. An example would be Jeff Jarrett in TNA around 2005. The fans would chant "Triple J" and "please retire" at him but he was still perennial champion. Young fans forget how tiresome Hulk Hogan was in WCW after a while. He always had his mainstream fame but that's different from the power to draw a crowd. Crowds didn't want to see him after the nWo got stale. If his popularity was hurt in game, he'd slide down to "upper midcarder" but that's silly, everybody knows Hulk Hogan must be a main eventer, no matter what, even if he's turning fans away.

Using the "never below main eventer" clause helps to simulate situations where the booker and fans clearly disagree.

I find it's also entertaining to make Land Mass a main eventer in workrate promotions like BHOTWG. He was tanking those cards in the beginning but after a few years he was pulling in A* matches. Atta boy.

If you don't like my ideas, fine. You don't have to play like me. You don't have to agree with me. It remains that this is one less feature in TEW2020 that we had in TEW2016. That might not affect you but it affects me and (probably) many other people.