Drag and drop segments

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Skywalker1976" data-cite="Skywalker1976" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50412" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Placement mode is not really what people have been looking for I think. A proper drag&drop with the segments itself is what would speed the process up. Just my 2 c.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="a0161613" data-cite="a0161613" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50412" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The new mode is awful. It actually has made it worse.</div></blockquote><p> I disagree with both these comments strongly. As someone who was never interested in drag and drop booking I have to say that Placement Mode is absolutely perfect for what I wanted.</p><p> </p><p> I couldn’t imagine a better system, this one blows previous versions of TEW out of the water. Well done, Adam.</p>

Genuinely curious why you think so.

For me it is basicall too tedious, having to switsch in another mode, highlighting with right click and then moving a segment to the place it should be.

I for instance book all my segments and then I decide the order, with both systems in TEW 2020 this takes too long and too many clicks for a process which is probably the most important part of the game.

I think people just want a simple drag&drop of the segments and then they would be happy.

For me it is basicall too tedious, having to switsch in another mode, highlighting with right click and then moving a segment to the place it should be.

I for instance book all my segments and then I decide the order, with both systems in TEW 2020 this takes too long and too many clicks for a process which is probably the most important part of the game.

I think people just want a simple drag&drop of the segments and then they would be happy.

You don’t have to “Switch to another mode”, you just right click the segment and it turns green and you move it! Then you right click it again and it turns back to normal colour. It honestly couldn’t be simpler to execute

You don’t need to toggle the button at the bottom of the screen on and off, just right click the segment

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ghost of Benji" data-cite="Ghost of Benji" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50412" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm sure Drag and Drop would be in the game if it were possible. It's basically what everybody's always wanted, so I'm positive coding limitations are the only thing preventing it from happening.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think because it is possible when booking the actual match people are expecting it could also be possible elsewhere.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="a0161613" data-cite="a0161613" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50412" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> The Move Up/Down option for 2016 were absolutely fine and didn't need changing.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This. I think if drag&drop is not possible, change to the old system.</p>

This. I think if drag&drop is not possible, change to the old system.

I find the move up/down system more tedious than the new mode. But to each their own.

But yeah, drag & drop would be the perfect solution, but it's seemingly technically not possible.

Admittedly I hadn't experimented too much. The Move Here option is ok, the swap option is pointless.

The Move Up/Down option for 2016 were absolutely fine and didn't need changing.

This new method is even better than TEW2016 though. Literally two clicks (a right click and a “move here”) and you’re done moving a segment anywhere in the card! This system is easily the best we’ve had so far.

Sheesh, I’m sure people just want to complain about everything.