PPV buy rates have dropped massively

Hi,

currently playing a medium sized company based in USA which i started from scratch. I'm operating with weekly A and B TV shows on a medium coverage (USA) commercial cable network, and a Monthly event on a Huge coverage Cable PPV provider.

At first my PPV buy rates for my events were decent (over 1 million) drawing in decent revenue. Suddenly buy rates seemed to half (less than 400,000) meaning my main revenue line was hit massively.

This is despite a consistent rise in in A TV and PPV show ratings, attendences, company prestige and company momentum.

Any idea why this might have suddenly happened?

in the help section i did read that holding too many shows in a short space of time might penalise viewership and this seemed to start happening once i started to air B shows (around 3 months after i started my events and A show). surely though this factor would not penalise me by half my viewership?

Thanks

B shows shouldn't count. However it may be something to do with the Economy and Industry falling. You can check this by clicking gameworld. (The globe icon). It may have drastically dipped meaning less people are buying the pay per views because overall interest in wrestling as a whole has declined in your era.

Though I'd say its perfectly reasonable and realistic. Its what I personally expected with AEW. An initial spike in people buying the first event or two before a slow decline to a more steady fanbase. Though I've not done the research to see if this is accurate.

However it is true holding more than one event per month will mean less PPV buys.

So double check the gameworld for Economy & Industry levels first

Did you start this save game several patches ago?

PPV buyrates were considerably nerfed by request, though it might still be a work in progress tailoring it since some would say it was over-corrected. I've seen it in action too since my game started back in the Public Beta, my first PPVs did way better even though the size of my promotion and the stars and ratings are much higher.

I've also got PPV broadcast deals for outside the US for my TV shows so this might be having an impact.

I think that’s your problem.

I did the same in 2016 - a Japanese PPV deal for my TV show - and it tanked worldwide PPV buys for my monthly shows (by 60% or more, from memory)

That strikes me as wrong; it should only affect buys in the region where you have the weekly PPVs.

B shows shouldn't count. However it may be something to do with the Economy and Industry falling. You can check this by clicking gameworld. (The globe icon). It may have drastically dipped meaning less people are buying the pay per views because overall interest in wrestling as a whole has declined in your era.

Though I'd say its perfectly reasonable and realistic. Its what I personally expected with AEW. An initial spike in people buying the first event or two before a slow decline to a more steady fanbase. Though I've not done the research to see if this is accurate.

However it is true holding more than one event per month will mean less PPV buys.

So double check the gameworld for Economy & Industry levels first

AEW has actually held up quite well with their PPV buys. 100,000 for every PPV so far, with the latest actually being their highest at 115,000-120,000.

That said - 400,000 is actually quite reasonable OP. Even half of that is for a medium promotion. If you have PPV deals in place worldwide for TV, it can throw it off. Industry does as well.

AEW has actually held up quite well with their PPV buys. 100,000 for every PPV so far, with the latest actually being their highest at 115,000-120,000.

That said - 400,000 is actually quite reasonable OP. Even half of that is for a medium promotion. If you have PPV deals in place worldwide for TV, it can throw it off. Industry does as well.

The problem here is that AEW is only running PPV quarterly. So those numbers are inflated. The realistic numbers would be somewhere between the TNA 2006 numbers at around 20-40k for medium feds, with a system that gives you +s and -s to buy rates the further apart or closer together the cards are. WWE B PPVs were only doing something like 80k at the end. And I doubt they'd do more than that in a monthly climate.

Edit: Basically There should be a base number that is then buffed up by an additive rate, and then a multiplier based on event rep. So if you were WWE for example. You're base rate is 120-150k you've waited 6 weeks between cards so that's a 60% increase or 210kish-235kish, and then Wrestlemania is legendary so that's a 400% multiplier. Or 1.1M-1.2M.