Really struggling with ratings

Hey guys, wondering if you all could give me some help.

I'm using a real world mod (Killing the Business) and the stats seem very fair across the board for workers. I'm AEW and for the life of me I am getting slaughtered with ratings. I've booked a full month and I've never gotten a match rating higher than 80. I'm putting Young Bucks with Lucha Bros, Jericho with MJF example and I'm getting low 70s.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here? Should I be using specific match types / instructions?

It's the same with Angles too.. I'm barely getting anything past an 80 and I'm trying to use workers and rate them on their best attributes but I'm getting nothing. It's very frustrating.

Has anyone else had experiences like this before?

If you want an easier mod to use Landxx has a real world mod which is really generous in worker skills which I love.

Other than that, it's just learning how to use the mechanisms of the game. For example, if you use a lot of the default angles, they judge only on overness but the game penalizes any angle on overness that goes longer than 4 minutes.

My angles got immensely better when I started choosing the proper categories that my workers accel on and started timing them appropriately to prevent that decay that happens when you have an angle go too long. The gamebook database is kind of helpful with it.

Matches are still kind of a mystery because there are so many things that penalize you depending on what your product is, your worker skills, experience/age, how you book the match etc.

80 is a great rating. At their current size, I wouldn't think AEW would be getting any more than that. Are your shows gaining popularity?

Oh really? I thought I was underperforming.

Yes to be fair we are gaining popularity, I thought that even though I'm not number 1 in the world, I would still be getting really high rates angles. Don't get me wrong id be happy if the 70/80 range is good for my size, I was always under the impression that I was underperforming and doing something wrong.

TEW doesn't necessarily do the best job at conveying to you that a segment may have been perfectly fine and well done and a success, even if you don't hit 100, which we automatically assume is the same as 10/10 - and everything else is subpar. And it's not really the player's fault, the game fails at being intuitive.

Oh really? I thought I was underperforming.

Yes to be fair we are gaining popularity, I thought that even though I'm not number 1 in the world, I would still be getting really high rates angles. Don't get me wrong id be happy if the 70/80 range is good for my size, I was always under the impression that I was underperforming and doing something wrong.

Everything is relative to popularity, so as long as shows are above your popularity, your company is fine. When a worker continues to have segments graded over their popularity, they should start becoming more over as well.

I’m genuinely having no issues at all booking similar to how I booked in TEW2016 and I’m getting roughly the same show ratings.

Maybe it’s because I play mainly historical mods, but playing through with 2004, 1997 and now the 1996 mod I routinely get high 80s to 90s for my TV shows like Raw, Smackdown or Nitro.

As always I stick to a tried and true formula: all you need for a good show is a good Main Event (16 minutes, call in ring if possible, open match, slow build) plus three good angles (Austin arguing with the Rock, six minutes, both rated on Entertainment will do it every time).

The rest of my show is just undercard guys in 6 to 10 minute matches and angles rated on whatever I feel tells their story for the night.

Works a treat every time. In August 96 I just booked my first Nitro of the save and got an 88. Can post the screenshot if you’d like?

I’m genuinely having no issues at all booking similar to how I booked in TEW2016 and I’m getting roughly the same show ratings.

Maybe it’s because I play mainly historical mods, but playing through with 2004, 1997 and now the 1996 mod I routinely get high 80s to 90s for my TV shows like Raw, Smackdown or Nitro.

As always I stick to a tried and true formula: all you need for a good show is a good Main Event (16 minutes, call in ring if possible, open match, slow build) plus three good angles (Austin arguing with the Rock, six minutes, both rated on Entertainment will do it every time).

The rest of my show is just undercard guys in 6 to 10 minute matches and angles rated on whatever I feel tells their story for the night.

Works a treat every time. In August 96 I just booked my first Nitro of the save and got an 88. Can post the screenshot if you’d like?

Do you have your coffee the same way every time, too?

Something I've learned by reading the handbook is that yoir match rating is capped at 80 if under 20 minutes. So il try to book at least 20 minutes match for main event (and avoid having anything with all out or wild braw.. read the description and it tells you what is the time limit

Something I've learned by reading the handbook is that yoir match rating is capped at 80 if under 20 minutes. So il try to book at least 20 minutes match for main event (and avoid having anything with all out or wild braw.. read the description and it tells you what is the time limit

20 minutes was the limit in TEW2016, in 2020 it’s commensurate with your product.

I always play Classic Sports Entertainment and the cap is any match below 15 minutes, so I usually book my Main Event at 16 minutes. None of my other matches on TV go close to this time though, the rest are all 10 minutes tops.

The cap barely ever comes into effect anyway. I’m relatively certain I could book 12 minute Main Events and it wouldn’t make a huge difference.