How to book a Royal Rumble Match?

Apologies if this is covered in a different thread but unable to find but wondered how anyone goes about booking a Royal Rumble when playing with WWE or any other Companies?

Just ran one and only got a 53 match rating, as most of my workers in the match are involved in seperate storylines, each storyline took a massive hit!

Road agent notes I used included Scripted. Winner, Runner Up, Finalists (tried to keep my biggest pop guys as the last 4) as well as most eliminations.

Seem to thin I used Regular as match approach and wondering if I should have gone with Steal the Show or something similar?

Apologies if this is covered in a different thread but unable to find but wondered how anyone goes about booking a Royal Rumble when playing with WWE or any other Companies?

Just ran one and only got a 53 match rating, as most of my workers in the match are involved in seperate storylines, each storyline took a massive hit!

Road agent notes I used included Scripted. Winner, Runner Up, Finalists (tried to keep my biggest pop guys as the last 4) as well as most eliminations.

Seem to thin I used Regular as match approach and wondering if I should have gone with Steal the Show or something similar?

Ok I would advice liberal reading of the player's handbook (the question mark at the top), after that you want to go to book a match then you want to scroll down until you find Battle Royal: Lottery match type. That's the Rumble essentally. You Have multiple options like Iron Man, Most Eliminations, Winner, Runner Up, and two slots for the last 4. These all give some bonuses.

The match type itself generally scales based off of the overness of the workers involved so if you want it to do well, then put a lot of over people in it, but not as many undercard guys.

What jumps out at me is that you scripted it. Royal Rumbles are not scripted. I would have just not put anything there, neither scripted or called in ring. Imagine trying to follow a script for a match that last an hour+

As for the approach I would have possibly used Storyline as Royal Rumbles tell their own separate story.

What jumps out at me is that you scripted it. Royal Rumbles are not scripted. I would have just not put anything there, neither scripted or called in ring. Imagine trying to follow a script for a match that last an hour+

As for the approach I would have possibly used Storyline as Royal Rumbles tell their own separate story.

Rumble's are usually tightly scripted in blocks. And usually have many, many stories intertwined in them. It's why it can hold your attention for 70+ mins in some cases. There's almost no wrestling or calling being done, it's just minor brawling, entrances, eliminations, scripted spots, storyline stuff, and the finish. So I can understand why people would script one on intuition.

Cody Rhodes story about unscripted spot during Royal Rumble. Proving Rumbles are not "tightly scripted"

Thanks, will try with no instruction for scripted and using storyline

Also ended up getting a note on booking analysis that my road agent was doing too much, removed them from any other matches or angles but still there, presume this is unavoidable with them being road agent for a 60+ minute match.

On 16 I did manage to get an almost full roster of decent psychology workers in a WWE save and used Call in Ring for a Rumble and think I got a low 80's match rating

Cody Rhodes story about unscripted spot during Royal Rumble. Proving Rumbles are not "tightly scripted"

The rumble is tightly scripted as to who goes out and when. Some spots are pre-planned (Kofi's antics, for instance) but what goes on besides that, is often called on the fly (as Cody pointed out). Like, if you think that Piper-Snuka confrontation (or the Snuka-Deuce moment) wasn't pre-planned, you obviously have never paid attention to how Vince McMahon works. The order of entrance gives hints that are as subtle as a brick to the face. Do you think someone getting eliminated and then jumping back in and eliminating someone else isn't planned in advance?

If you want a battle royal to work in TEW, you have to stack the deck by loading up with your top workers and best in-ring performers. All you need to "script" is eliminations, as much as possible keeping in mind that some notes will tend to influence others. For example, your Iron Man is likely to last through most of the match (likely, not guaranteed).

The original question was how to book a Royal Rumble in TEW, not the backstage workings of WWE. Let's try to help this new member play the game.

Your original answer shows that you didn't actually read the question as you gave a literal answer of how to book a Royal Rumble.

I'm done.

The original question was how to book a Royal Rumble in TEW, not the backstage workings of WWE. Let's try to help this new member play the game.

Your original answer shows that you didn't actually read the question as you gave a literal answer of to how to book a Royal Rumble

I covered all the bases he asked for as if he was a newbie. You contested his booking note and added nothing to the topic besides picking a fight over how scripted the Rumble is. :p

Personally I wouldn’t use the Scripted note, and I’d always use Open Match and Slow Build.

I honestly am not sure if it would help you or hurt you. But I wouldn't use it, obviously, I was merely understanding why you would if you had never played the game before and you were putting together a match in the game purely off understood wrestling logic. Scripting a match outside the context of the game is just remembering an ordered sequence of spots. It's not like every little thing is pre-set in it's entirety. It's just going, "yo, we've got 8 minutes, lets start hot, build to the high-spot, do the counter thing with the monkey flip you wanted, and then come home with the comeback into your finish, ya?" as opposed to having (usually the heel) read the crowd and call spots on the fly. So you don't wind up in a spot where your big high spot coincides with a brawl in the crowd, or some voluntary wardrobe malfunctions occur and ruin the build on you.

Bockwinkle can just call a rest spot and let the crowd have it's fun, and then settle again so he can get the heat that he wants, where he wants it, and for how long he needs it. That's the art.

It's not like every little thing is pre-set in it's entirety. It's just going, "yo, we've got 8 minutes, lets start hot, build to the high-spot, do the counter thing with the monkey flip you wanted, and then come home with the comeback into your finish, ya?" as opposed to having (usually the heel) read the crowd and call spots on the fly.

Actually, that's not how I read it. Your skeletal match framework is what I see happening if you don't choose anything. That's the two guys getting together (with a road agent, likely), and that's what they do: a basic match layout.

To me, "Scripted" is something more along the lines of Savage-Steamboat at WM III, where they planned out meticulously every spot. From the descriptions and suggestions, it's for wrestlers who have supremely little psychology or experience (not saying that Savage or Steamboat were guilty of that, just looking at when I use it in-game).

"Call in Ring" is what I choose for top wrestlers with high psychology and high experience. That, to me, is when the road agent gives them the time and finish and the other notes you've put in, and one just looks at the other and says, "We'll just call the rest in the ring."

As for Rumbles, I never use "Scripted" or "Call in Ring" for full-on 30-person Rumbles. As far as match aims go, I usually set "Spectacle" and make it my main event, but that can come back and bite you (on the other hand, I've gotten some 85-90 Rumbles that way). If you're not comfortable with that risk, I'd say set it as "Story Telling".

If you want process, I usually hand-pick which 30 wrestlers are appearing that night (which also allows me to do alliance loans or talent trades or PPA/Handshake short-term contracts to get any special appearance wrestlers in), set their order of entry and elimination (obviously not the game mechanics, but it's my process), and who eliminates whom. That lets me know who my winner is (obviously that was the first decision I made), who the runner-up is, who the finalists are, who has the most eliminations, and who's the "Iron Man". It takes a while to do all of that (especially in modern WWE with two Royal Rumbles at the same event).

However you end up doing it, have fun!

St.T