Longer contracts need to cost more

The financial system is kind of broken, as many people have already pointed out, however one of the most broken things is the contract system. Currently, workers who are relatively unknown can be locked down on a 10 year 15k per month contract. This means if you sign a 25y old, you have his whole prime for 180k per year. Considering it takes about 2-3 in game years to take a worker from zero to his max, that means you are getting a LOT of value for very cheap.

Sure these workers demand more on the longer deals, however i think they should be asking for more than 15k. Also it should be exponential. Currently they cap at 15k, irrelevant if you sign him to 4 years or 10 years.

So i propose a higher initial cap than 15k and the cap should rise according to the years. If the worker is already "in decline" or has already capped in skills or already in the late 30s it should be the opposite. In other words they should favor the longer deals / hence should give a discount to employers giving a longer deal.

I don't mind it. I agree that they could defiantly make it more sever though. If it does cap at 4 years & then it doesn't increase in asking price for longer years. I think they should increase that.

Best example I can think of is Mark Henry making like 180,000$ a month or something like that for his 10 year contract.

I like the idea of someone taking a gamble with a 10 year contract & it being super expensive, only for the wrestler to not be worth anything though.

It should also depend on the worker personality and if they are self aware if they are going to be great.

Yea, if you turn into the next Shawn Michaels you could be making a million dollars a month in 6 years, but that's no guarantee for sure. Today, right now, you can make $15,000 a MONTH, guaranteed, for 10 years.

Most normal people make a few thousand a month, not counting doctors and lawyers etc. so guaranteed few hundred grand a year to some nobody wrestler who might make $30 or $60 thousand a year in a normal job sounds amazing unless they KNOW they are going to be the next Rock.

The other solution would be similar to the TEW2016 solution. Where on long term deals, if a worker becomes significantly more valuable, they ASK you to renegotiate the deal. If you don't they either become upset, or could "sit out" their contract (unless its like 5 years left etc.) if you refuse to raise their pay.

The other solution would be similar to the TEW2016 solution. Where on long term deals, if a worker becomes significantly more valuable, they ASK you to renegotiate the deal. If you don't they either become upset, or could "sit out" their contract (unless its like 5 years left etc.) if you refuse to raise their pay.

I definently don't want to go back to that 2016 way for contracts.

There are many things I wish 2020 would do how it used to do in 2016. The contracts are not one of them. Every few days I'd have people asking for more & more money. It was very annoying in 2016 & I'm glad they removed that aspect.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="nerodragomir1" data-cite="nerodragomir1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50816" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I definently don't want to go back to that 2016 way for contracts.<p> </p><p> There are many things I wish 2020 would do how it used to do in 2016. The contracts are not one of them. Every few days I'd have people asking for more & more money. It was very annoying in 2016 & I'm glad they removed that aspect.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree it was annoying, maybe for extreme cases only? Like where you hire someone for $15,000 a month and they get insanely over, like 80 or 90 and are now would $200,000 or $400,000 a month to WWE, they could put up a stink and ASK to renegotiate or become very upset... if the wrestler has a business / money mindset. Not all the time like TEW 2016, but for rare situations like this.</p>

I'm likely not telling you anything you don't already know when I make this point: Professional wrestling is not about fairness. It's a business. It's a highly exploitative business. It may not be Motown but it's pretty damn bad.

Is it *right* that we can lock a 25 year old unknown up-and-comer into a long-term $15K/month contract? It's not right in a moral sense, no. Is it plausible? Consider how many would-be wrestlers never make it big, how they get injured, wash out, etc. This offer promises outstanding job security -- you get to do what you love for years and make a comfortable living at it -- many would jump at the chance.

They're hoping they'll still have a few good years left in them at 35, and will be able to renegotiate for millions. It's a risk. But you're taking a risk, too -- that wrestler could break their neck in their first match and you're still on the hook for them.

If anything, I'd prefer to see the TEW series offer *more* ways to financially exploit workers instead of less. Dino Bravo breaks Bret Hart's ribs. Weeks later Bret's wrestling again because he needs the money -- he's paying for his own health insurance. Jesse Ventura tries to get WWF wrestlers to unionize. Vince McMahon stops that effort cold. It goes on and on. It's a very real part of the "sport."

that wrestler could break their neck in their first match and you're still on the hook for them.

Yeah but you're not, really. You can release them and only pay 6 months wages, so these low contracts always favour the employer. Why not just sign everyone to 10 year contacts? If it doesn't work out, release them and only pay 6 months at $15,000. Not much of a hit.

Yeah but you're not, really. You can release them and only pay 6 months wages, so these low contracts always favour the employer. Why not just sign everyone to 10 year contacts? If it doesn't work out, release them and only pay 6 months at $15,000. Not much of a hit.

Yeah. Wrestling be like that

lol that's what WWE does.

The financial system is kind of broken, as many people have already pointed out, however one of the most broken things is the contract system. Currently, workers who are relatively unknown can be locked down on a 10 year 15k per month contract. This means if you sign a 25y old, you have his whole prime for 180k per year. Considering it takes about 2-3 in game years to take a worker from zero to his max, that means you are getting a LOT of value for very cheap.

Sure these workers demand more on the longer deals, however i think they should be asking for more than 15k. Also it should be exponential. Currently they cap at 15k, irrelevant if you sign him to 4 years or 10 years.

So i propose a higher initial cap than 15k and the cap should rise according to the years. If the worker is already "in decline" or has already capped in skills or already in the late 30s it should be the opposite. In other words they should favor the longer deals / hence should give a discount to employers giving a longer deal.

Just trying to clear this up, 15K a month is the largest contract you've seen? I'm paying Jericho like 80k a month, so I'm not sure I follow the issue here.

Just trying to clear this up, 15K a month is the largest contract you've seen? I'm paying Jericho like 80k a month, so I'm not sure I follow the issue here.

No, but 15k per month is what all wrestlers below 43 average pop (might be higher, not sure) will want. That means you can have someone who's hugely talented, already pretty over, rising fast and with an incredible future ahead of them willing to tie themselves down for a slim amount, and as far as I can see, never get unhappy about this.

I have a 28-year-old who, 12 months ago, averaged 4 pop across the US. 8 months ago it was 20, 4 months ago it was 33, it's now 43. If he was on 58 average, then from what I've seen, he'd want around $22,500 a month. But he could carry on getting more and more popular for the next 10 years (or slightly less if he hits time decline), is almost certainly going to end up far more popular than that, but will - as far as I can see - always be happy to be being paid $15,000 a month, even if he gets up to 100 popularity.

At the very least longer contracts should be less desirable as all contracts in the game are essentially just 6 month contracts (or is it 3).

I think the ideal thing would be to have the termination payout be part of the negotiation but that's probably a next version type of thing.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50816" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sure, but that wasn't my point. The guy I replied to said that the company would be on the hook with someone on a long contract. I just pointed out that they were, in fact, not.</div></blockquote>Fair enough. I've not played around enough with TEW 2020 to see how it lets player escape long-term contracts. If it allows us to escape with minimal penalties, I'd argue that's a flaw in how the game functions. A booker who makes a habit of signing workers to 10 year contracts and then weaseling out of those contracts should find new workers less willing to sign for them. You could simulate that effect in a variety of ways.

<p>Perhaps company momentum should play into contract length</p><p> </p><p>

Nobody would really sign long term to a sinking ship, but they might be willing to do a stint there if the money is right, like Cody Rhodes in TNA. High momentum means the workers believe in your promotion’s ability to be sustainable. I suppose prestige could factor into this as well.</p>