How far should I go in the game?

I know we can turn our game into a database now. I remember reading if u get too far your game will start acting up. How many years should I go into the future till i export it into a database.

It's not true. Any problems that exist, will appear regardless

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigtplaystew" data-cite="bigtplaystew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50940" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've gone decades deep into saves before in previous games and never had an issue. I've simmed as far as 20 years into this game and not seen any abnormal problems.<p> </p><p> Play it as long as you want, man, its your world.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks what i needed to know</p>

No idea where you read this at

way back with tew 2005/2007, the database used was not quite the technical achievement they are today. certain tables would allow the db to grow and grow and grow thus causing the game to become really laggy on super old saves.

it's like playing crusader kings 2. if you start at the viking age, by the time you're in the 1200s, saves take minutes and the passage of time is slowed incredibly

I created a promotion for every region. On the default 2016 database it worked okay, when I tried to run it on the 1997 Cornelleverse mod it crashed within one year. The 97 mod starts with 2789 workers in the database, default has 2363. They both run fine on base settings but when you try to add to them the combination of new characters generated as referees, road agents, commentators etc, will bring the whole thing crashing down. Staying under 3000 workers seems highly advisable, especially if you have lots of promotions too.

I created a promotion for every region. On the default 2016 database it worked okay, when I tried to run it on the 1997 Cornelleverse mod it crashed within one year. The 97 mod starts with 2789 workers in the database, default has 2363. They both run fine on base settings but when you try to add to them the combination of new characters generated as referees, road agents, commentators etc, will bring the whole thing crashing down. Staying under 3000 workers seems highly advisable, especially if you have lots of promotions too.

I’ve never had crashes in similar scenarios so it could be specific to you setup or database. The biggest issue with lots of workers and lots of promotions is it greatly increases the processing time between days. I also tend to aim to stay below 3000 workers.

I am pretty sure I have had DBs with over 4k workers and 250+ promotions in 2016. I might be wrong and thinking of 2013.

Possible but if you have 100 inactive promotions and 1k inactive wrestlers, it will probably be fine for a while. One of the reasons my game crashed with 244 promotions and 2789 workers is because so many of my promoters were active AND using a touring schedule. Instead of the default one show per month, most companies were doing three shows per WEEK. Just tracking all of those results must've took up a lot of space.