Universe Creation Details

Hey all,

The game does include a starting Universe creator that is simple to use. The instructions are in game's help popup. This feature works even for the demo, so you can try it out before purchasing.

Basically, it allows you to create a starting world with 9 heroes, complete with powers, starting Health and Psyche, and ability stats. You also can create all 6 cities, their names and crime meters. You can also set your starting Hero Points based on how challenging you want it to be.

Of course, you can make them any way you want, name them after your favorite superheroes, TV characters, whatever you want.

There's a template included with the game in the main install folder called 'cohformat.txt' and it spells out the order of things. Just create a text file with that order and load it into the game at the Game Settings screen. That's it.

There's a provided sample called 'cohfilesample.coh.txt' that shows you how to set it up. It sets up a crazy weird world with all manner of mixed up names and abilities, plus the cities are all street names from my childhood, just for fun.

Enjoy and feel free to post your mods here!

I'm sad to say, that this one is a really big letdown for me and I have the feeling, that there wasn't much thought put into the editor.

I'm okay with just using a textdocument, although a build in editor is much more fun to deal with and build a world with. But that's not really the issue here. The big problem is, that you can't build a world at all.

First of all, you can build your own heroes. Nine, to be exact. But what you can't do, is attach a picture to them. So you build Batman or Spiderman and then a random picture will be attached to it and they look like every other hero in the game.

Then you have Batman or Spiderman or Whoever and have to fight all random enemys and villains instead of The Joker or The Riddler or The Green Goblin.

It's all just to random to build a whole universe or game world. To be quiet honest this way, the editor is pretty much useless in my opinion. Which is too bad, because building my own game world and expand it over time while playing in it, is the most fun I have with GD Games.

Over time i'll be expanding the editor to include custom pics, more stats and the like to make it deeper and more customized. But it isn't a "set strict scenario" (Batman vs Joker, Spider-Man vs Green Goblin, etc) builder, that is true.

For now, its mainly so you can tailor the starting Hero Points, Heroes and Cities in the world so they're set the way you want them, not just what the engine randomly generates. Over time, with demand, I could add other features.

Over time i'll be expanding the editor to include custom pics, more stats and the like to make it deeper and more customized. But it isn't a "set strict scenario" (Batman vs Joker, Spider-Man vs Green Goblin, etc) builder, that is true.

For now, its mainly so you can tailor the starting Hero Points, Heroes and Cities in the world so they're set the way you want them, not just what the engine randomly generates. Over time, with demand, I could add other features.

Glad to hear that and I get it, that you wanted to add a simple version for the start. But for me it is to much randomness for now to use it. I'm not aiming at building especially - let's call it - feuds like Batman VS Joker or something like that. But there should be an option to put them both in the same universe with pictures and there special abilities so there is the possibility that they meet over time. If I play the Eternal Mode for example, it would be great to play as Batman and his villains would get into the world one by one. Since there can be only one villain at a time (if I'm not mistaken) that would be a great motivator for me to play the game. Like: beat them all one after another as a personal goal.

A positive note though: I like that with the texteditorversion there is no limit in stats. I personally prefer lower levels up to 100 but it could be fund to create some kind of Ultra Villain with 1000 Health Points or something like that and try to beat them in the game by leveling up your own skills.

Yep, the texteditor reader doesn't limit the number you put in (up to 3.3 billion, which is the limit it can hold).

I'm working on a feature where it will allow the game to load pictures of heroes based on their name along with the text mod; for example, if you create a hero named Grey Ghost, and include a 128x128 pic in the main game folder named "Grey Ghost.png", it will load that picture with the hero in-game automatically. So players can create a custom universe 'pack' of sorts with pics.

• 1 month later...
I had a go with the game for a bit, am I right in that it isn't possible to assign skills and powers to custom villains? I'd hope to have some control over when I create Joker, that I will be able to set his skills that suit him, and not turn him into some magician.