Casual vs Dedicated: Economy vs Industry

I would like to see "Casual Fanbase" as a theme for companies. The base of casual fans shields it from the industry at the expense of being more impacted by the economy. Even when the industry is bad, if they have a dollar, they're buying a ticket.

"Dedicated Fanbase" The base of dedicated fans shields the company from the economy at the expense of being more impacted by the industry. Even if they're filthy rich, they will tune out if the industry is in bad shape.

And a "Neutral" or "Default" to simply be impacted as default.

I think some products that "Company not effected by Industry" should have slapped on "And is more vulnerable to the economy" (both good and bad).

And to see some companies who are effected less by negative economy but is more vulnerable to the industry (both good and bad).

I get what you are asking for, but I don’t think that is how wrestling companies work. It is the dedicated fan that shields them from the economy being bad and when the industry isn’t popular. It isn’t the casual fan. They are the ones who leave if the show isn’t very good. They are the ones who won’t spend their money if times are tight. The dedicated fan does both of those. They watch and buy tickets and merch even when times are low. So I don’t think works from a logic standpoint. The casual fans show up when times are good and leave when they aren’t — that’s what makes them casual.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51038" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I get what you are asking for, but I don’t think that is how wrestling companies work. It is the dedicated fan that shields them from the economy being bad and when the industry isn’t popular. It isn’t the casual fan. They are the ones who leave if the show isn’t very good. They are the ones who won’t spend their money if times are tight. The dedicated fan does both of those. They watch and buy tickets and merch even when times are low. So I don’t think works from a logic standpoint. The casual fans show up when times are good and leave when they aren’t — that’s what makes them casual.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, by their very nature, casual fans (of anything, not just wrestling) are "fly by night" and "fairweather" in nature. It's always been like that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51038" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I get what you are asking for, but I don’t think that is how wrestling companies work. It is the dedicated fan that shields them from the economy being bad and when the industry isn’t popular. It isn’t the casual fan. They are the ones who leave if the show isn’t very good. They are the ones who won’t spend their money if times are tight. The dedicated fan does both of those. They watch and buy tickets and merch even when times are low. So I don’t think works from a logic standpoint. The casual fans show up when times are good and leave when they aren’t — that’s what makes them casual.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I entirely agree. Companies who have "casual mindset" are basically just one in the history of time. And it's owned by an eccentric, egomaniacal billionaire who doesn't understand that there hasn't been a casual wrestling fan since Benoit.</p>