Tour Shows and the Natural Growth Limits

Hey everyone. Just picked the game back up after a few weeks away and have run into an issue with the Natural Growth Limit system.

I started a Medium sized touring company in Japan and have good broadcast deals for my tour highlights. My popularity is 60 across the board in Japan and my tour shows are consistently scoring in the mid-80s, but every show ends with "This show did not result in any popularity changes."

I checked around the forum a little bit and I'm assuming this has to do with the Natural Growth Limits because they're only drawing a few hundred people (It's worth noting that the Wrestling Industry has a big impact thanks to my product and in this game it started in the low 20s, though it is rising).

My question is why should I bother to run these shows at all if I can't gain popularity from them? It seems like the only benefit is worker momentum and perhaps experience, but that's almost not worth it due to injury risk from my product.

I'd almost rather just cut the tour shows and go to only monthly PPVs since those are the only shows that increase my popularity. I'm going to be stuck at Medium for years at this rate anyway, so why potentially injure my stars on shows that won't get me anything?

I like a generally realistic sim experience so I'd rather not turn the option off if there's a way to work around it. Thoughts?

<p>Tour shows, as the handbook points out, need to be much better or much worse (by about 40) than your pop. for it to change things. This allows you to book throwaway shows that don't tire your workers and lets you test out young workers with little risk.</p><p> </p><p>

You can get rid of them of course but you risk fatigue on your performers and messing with attendance levels to your big shows</p>

Hey everyone. Just picked the game back up after a few weeks away and have run into an issue with the Natural Growth Limit system.

I started a Medium sized touring company in Japan and have good broadcast deals for my tour highlights. My popularity is 60 across the board in Japan and my tour shows are consistently scoring in the mid-80s, but every show ends with "This show did not result in any popularity changes."

I checked around the forum a little bit and I'm assuming this has to do with the Natural Growth Limits because they're only drawing a few hundred people (It's worth noting that the Wrestling Industry has a big impact thanks to my product and in this game it started in the low 20s, though it is rising).

My question is why should I bother to run these shows at all if I can't gain popularity from them? It seems like the only benefit is worker momentum and perhaps experience, but that's almost not worth it due to injury risk from my product.

I'd almost rather just cut the tour shows and go to only monthly PPVs since those are the only shows that increase my popularity. I'm going to be stuck at Medium for years at this rate anyway, so why potentially injure my stars on shows that won't get me anything?

I like a generally realistic sim experience so I'd rather not turn the option off if there's a way to work around it. Thoughts?

As others have pointed out, it has nothing to do with growth limits, tour shows are designed to not change popularity because no one judges a company by their tour shows.