Pros and Cons of Live and Taped Broadcasts

So I've been playing through an FCW save and got a tv deal. Now, I know there's financial reasons to go live vs. taped, but I was thinking: why isn't there more pros and cons?

Taped broadcasts might have a lower rating vs. a live show, especially if the show itself bombs (IE: if you're pop is 50 but you have a 35 rated show) but if the show say has a highly rated main event or the show itself is highly rated or there's a lot of star power (IE how pre booking works, but for taped shows?), maybe the taped show would have a higher rating because people might want to see that (ala Mankind winning the World title on Raw).

Not sure if this is already in consideration or not, but I've noticed viewership has been pretty close between taped and live broadcasts so thought I'd throw it on the board.

The difference isn't so much when you tape 2 shows at a time.

When you tape 4, you notice that difference because the penalties will sag the 3rd and 4th show. I set up a B-Show Reserve Development brand and set it to Block Tape 4 episodes. I do it because it lets me get through my third brand quickly, but I would never do it for anything other than a B-Show.

I could see the value in taping 2 shows at a time. The main benefit would be workrate or injury heavy companies give workers more time to rest. Just make sure to remember because they're making more than one appearance on the actual same day, it will also hurt them more now, but give them an extra week to rest. This would especially be useful for a Medium size company that doesn't really want to sign the whole roster to exclusive deals just yet.

Taping two at once is great, although my show is 90 minutes long so I can't have a pre-show without burning the crowd out by the second main event.

Three 60 minute shows with no pre-shows would be the same situation. Going towards 4 hours of taping seems like it would really start to become a problem.