Questions About Training Facilities

<p>You don't hire trainers for training facilities. The quality of the graduates is largely determined by the quality of the training and facilities (pay more, get more).</p><p> </p><p>

The dojo or performance center generates its own graduates. The only one you can actually send people to is the performance center.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WCGreyghost" data-cite="WCGreyghost" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51436" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sigh. There should be a better way than manually monitoring each worker's skill. And maybe knowing when they've gotten all the increases they are going to get, so someone else can have the slot in the PC....</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The "problem" is that several of us have complained for years about the sheer number of emails we get about various things. This year we have filters so we can decide what we want to actually see. So I wouldn't be against adding performance center status updates.</p><p> </p><p> But with only 14 slots, I find myself checking on people every week to see if they've progressed to the point where in-ring experience can take over. And I don't think, short of reaching their maturity age, that there's ever a point where workers stop receiving increases. They just get them much slower. I use my PC for those workers who debut with substandard fundamental skills. I'm not putting anyone with 33 safety in a match with any workers I care about, after all. And since the AI doesn't sign women's workers to develop (but oh how they'll try to jump on them after you've shined them up a bit), I sign them for the future.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WCGreyghost" data-cite="WCGreyghost" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51436" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sigh. There should be a better way than manually monitoring each worker's skill. And maybe knowing when they've gotten all the increases they are going to get, so someone else can have the slot in the PC....</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You don't need to monitor anything. Open up the skills tab and click a skill and it shows you exactly how much it's improved every month since the start of the game.</p>

You don't need to monitor anything. Open up the skills tab and click a skill and it shows you exactly how much it's improved every month since the start of the game.

I know how to do that, just find it tedious. Way too much clicking to get information that should be available in an easier way.

• 4 weeks later...
Curious about the training facilities, too. I looked into it and it said both of my child companies had 0 people attending the performance center, so I am a little confused on how people attend this. Sending people to "Developmental" was what I thought was the solution, but no idea how they would attend the Training Facilities. I also just hired two rookies and sent them to my developmental child league, but not sure how they are going to be attending the PC to train.

Curious about the training facilities, too. I looked into it and it said both of my child companies had 0 people attending the performance center, so I am a little confused on how people attend this. Sending people to "Developmental" was what I thought was the solution, but no idea how they would attend the Training Facilities. I also just hired two rookies and sent them to my developmental child league, but not sure how they are going to be attending the PC to train.

When you're on the dojos screen, click the question mark in the upper right hand corner. Developmental has nothing to do with the dojo system, other than complementing each other. To send someone to a performance center (and you can only send them to a performance center. Dojos are one way - graduates come from them, you can't send anyone to them), there is a button on the worker's roster entry:

9vMvnBh.jpg

As an aside, on every screen in TEW20, there is a question mark icon in the upper right hand corner that links to the Player's Handbook with contextual information about the screen you're currently on. Many (if not most) answers to questions about basic gameplay functions can be found using this method.

When you're on the dojos screen, click the question mark in the upper right hand corner. Developmental has nothing to do with the dojo system, other than complementing each other. To send someone to a performance center (and you can only send them to a performance center. Dojos are one way - graduates come from them, you can't send anyone to them), there is a button on the worker's roster entry:

9vMvnBh.jpg

As an aside, on every screen in TEW20, there is a question mark icon in the upper right hand corner that links to the Player's Handbook with contextual information about the screen you're currently on. Many (if not most) answers to questions about basic gameplay functions can be found using this method.

The TEW20 handbook isn't all that detailed and leaves a lot of space for the players to try and fill in their own blanks.

For example, while playing as the WWE from this modern day mod, it doesn't allow players to send wrestlers to the Performance Center or hire new wrestlers straight into the Performance Center. Instead, you can hire them and put them in Developmental Child Companies and/or you can Send Away to Developmental Child Companies. It also didn't allow you to directly send any members from a Developmental Child Company to the Performance Center either.

The change had to be done to "Take Over" the Performance Center directly so that WWE ran it. Not sure why that had to be done given it's in my Office and directly tied to the the Child Companies, too. Anyway, figured out how to make it usable now.

Currently trying to figure out how to add more members in the Alliance and also make money off that. The Handbook on that is like a few sentences but doesn't give much insight on limits to alliances (game currently keeps telling me I am maxed out even though I have 3 and I see other alliances in game with 4-5 members in a group).

The TEW20 handbook isn't all that detailed and leaves a lot of space for the players to try and fill in their own blanks.

For example, while playing as the WWE from this modern day mod, it doesn't allow players to send wrestlers to the Performance Center or hire new wrestlers straight into the Performance Center. Instead, you can hire them and put them in Developmental Child Companies and/or you can Send Away to Developmental Child Companies. It also didn't allow you to directly send any members from a Developmental Child Company to the Performance Center either.

The game isn't designed to perfectly replicate WWE's operations. They have over a hundred people at the performance center who have never even been seen on any of their television programs, including their developmental promotion. In TEW, a performance center is a dojo/wrestling school on steroids. It's not a place you stash talent until you figure out what (if anything) you want to do with it. It's more like a finishing school, in old timey parlance. Also, the handbook isn't meant to be the wikipedia of TEW and it doesn't explain all the various decisions a modmaker has to make to get their mod to work well with TEW. If you jump into TEW with no knowledge of its systems and immediately jump into a mod (without even seeing how the dataset that was made for the game works), you'll often run into issues understanding why those decisions were made. If you want to know why an alliance in a mod was capped at a certain number, only the modmaker can tell you why s/he made that decision. It's a good one, but it's not something most players would immediately know. You can just remove that cap via the editor though.

Much appreciated!

In terms of having a training facility owned by the developmental league/child promotion vs. the parent company, are there any pluses or minuses?

The Player's Handbook only mentions you can take them over and the only negative is that once you take them over, you can no longer give/gift them back.