Larry Zbyszko © vs. Bobby Eaton

The Steiner Brothers © vs. The Hardliners

"Stunning" Steve Austin w/ Madusa vs. Ron Garvin

Big Van Vader vs. ??????????

Brian Pillman vs. Diamond Dallas Page

Dustin Rhodes vs. Buddy Landel

Terrance Taylor vs. Tommy Rich

Ricky Morton & Jeff Jarrett vs. The Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Who is the mystery opponent supplied to Big Van Vader by Dustin Rhodes? Dusty Rhodes

Ric Flair & Sid Vicious vs. Sting & Lex Luger

babyface win in nice but nows not the time, Sting and Luger gotta suffre before the glory

Sticking with my Keep lary string till Austin ready to end another legend

Best team you currently have

The future

Im calling a no contest double countout or DQ or something

the other future

I just like dustin

Meh

solid team, could rival the Steiners?

Who is the mystery opponent supplied to Big Van Vader by Dustin Rhodes?

Im really torn bewteen two on this....... The big show or....cactus jack aka Mick Foley..... ive even gone back at looked at your lists of who cant be signed and neither of them appear. Knowing there was a good rivalry back in he days between vader and foley im with Mick Foley as Cactus jack

WCW World Television Championship

Comments: I doubt Bobby loses, but I love Bobby and dislike Larry

Yeah, you've made that pretty clear! :D

Who is the mystery opponent supplied to Big Van Vader by Dustin Rhodes?: "Mean" Mark Callous/The Undertaker

If not for the stipulation I made for this diary about not hiring WWF guys it might have been him. He just re-signed with WWF a few weeks ago and I would definitely have signed him under normal circumstances.

The Main Event

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair & Sid Vicious vs. Sting & Lex Luger

WCW United States Tag Team Championship

It's late and I can't think of a clever future "Stone Cold" versus Man with the Hands of "Stone" pun! It exists though. I'm sure of it!

Careful what you wish for?

Wrestler vs. Manager

Some Unfinished Business

Grudge Match On The Line

Terrance Taylor w/ The York Foundation vs. Tommy Rich

**If Rich wins, he gets Bradley Armstrong at Clash of the Champions XV next month.**

The Rematch That No One Cares About, But That's Here For A Reason.

Bonus Question

Who is the mystery opponent supplied to Big Van Vader by Dustin Rhodes? Dusty

Thanks for predicting again Satyr!

Ric Flair & Sid Vicious vs. Sting & Lex Luger

Who is the mystery opponent supplied to Big Van Vader by Dustin Rhodes? Dusty Rhodes

Thanks for predicting again, Element!

Who is the mystery opponent supplied to Big Van Vader by Dustin Rhodes?

Im really torn bewteen two on this....... The big show or....cactus jack aka Mick Foley..... ive even gone back at looked at your lists of who cant be signed and neither of them appear. Knowing there was a good rivalry back in he days between vader and foley im with Mick Foley as Cactus jack

Vader vs. Cactus Jack was one of my favorite WCW feuds from the early 90s!

P.S. If anyone else wants to get in on the predictions now's the time, as Clash of the Champions XIV should be up sometime tomorrow.

I know I said I wouldn't post shows after 6 PM EST, but I'm making an exception here because I've been having some trouble with the html for this post since well before 6 and would have otherwise had it up before then.

XsmrGEZ.jpg

WCW Clash of the Champions XIV

Thursday, February 28th, 1991

Greensboro, North Carolina

22,458 in attendance at The Greensboro Coliseum

TV Rating: 1.45 (1,094,774 viewers) from TBS and airings in Japan, Europe and the British Isles.

ylUooVD.jpg

RGHTN1Y.jpg

Television viewers are greeted by a small fireworks display as a sweeping camera shot ushers them ringside to a waiting Jim Ross and Jim Cornette:

Ross: Hello again, Ladies and Gentlemen, and WELCOME to T B S! We are live at the Greensboro Colisuem, in Greensboro North Carolina, and this is THE CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS! I'm Jim Ross along with Jim Cornette here at ringside, and we are gonna kick it off, Jim, with what's sure to be an outstanding matchup, as Larry Zbyszko defends the WCW World Television Championship against his former friend Bobby Eaton!

Cornette: That's right, Ross, and absolutely no one makes for a better, or worse as the case may be, enemy than a former friend. As you can be certain, that Zbyszko and Eaton know one another like the back of their hand. The only question is, will Bobby Eaton be willing to go all the way in taking advantage of what he knows. Because you can be sure, that Zbysko will pull no punches with his TV title on the line!

Ross: And don't forget, fans, about our HUGE main event, as "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair teams with United States Champion, big, Sid Vicious, as they take on the one and only Sting, and his best friend, Lex Luger!! Fans what a tremendous night we have ahead of us, so let's not waste any more time, as we go to the ring and Gary Michael Capetta!

WA0kRGE.jpg

ylUooVD.jpg

i8wTA4V.jpg

NvbkCvJ.jpgcfJhZ8g.jpgmPML7WK.jpg

In a PPV main event worthy match, Bobby Eaton pinned Larry Zbyszko with an Alabama Jam in 14:39. Zbyszko's foot was on the bottom rope as Referee Nick Patrick, who had just recovered from being accidentally knocked down by Eaton, counted the three.

Bobby Eaton wins the WCW World Television Championship!

iGeppy7.jpg

<hr>

As Eaton leaves the ring area, accepting congratulations from fans at ringside on the way out, an irate Zbyszko pleads with Patrick that his foot was on the rope. Patrick isn't having it though, and simply leaves Zbyszko to rant and rave by himself.

LwdE2fH.jpg

ylUooVD.jpg

Terrance Taylor w/ Alexandra York & Mr. Hughes vs. Tommy Rich

uHAjima.jpgw/8HZ36bh.jpge9KnalF.jpgcfJhZ8g.jpgKPAolmY.jpg

In a good match, Tommy Rich defeated Terry Taylor by disqualification in 9:45 when Taylor was disqualified after Mr. Hughes attacked Rich on orders from Alexandra York. Hughes tried to inflict more damage after the match, but much to the chagrin of York, Rich managed to escape.

foMLTc8.jpg

ylUooVD.jpg

vWqO8fH.jpg

Vader is out for his match against the mystery opponent lined up for him by a frustrated Dustin Rhodes. As soon as he hits the ring he begins to stomp around the ring yelling for his challenger. Rhodes doesn't make him wait,

1xunpKQ.jpg

almost immediately stepping through the curtain with a mic in hand:

Rhodes: You know, you should be careful watch you wish for, Vader! This man beat and bloodied my Daddy from one end of this great country to the other back in the day before they became friends. And if he could do that to the one and only Dusty Rhodes, I can't wait to see what he'll do to you! So, get on out here!

<details> <summary>SPOILER</summary>

1EAJnpE.jpg

It's Nikita Koloff, formerly known as The Russian Nightmare, and the fans in Greensboro erupt to their feet.

OpSsvZI.jpg

<hr>

Big Van Vader vs. Nikita Koloff

vWqO8fH.jpgcfJhZ8g.jpg1EAJnpE.jpg

In a good but short match, with some entertaining, stiff brawling, Big Van Vader and Nikita Koloff fought to a draw via a Double Count Out at 6:07. After the match, they brawled all the way back up the entrance walkway to the back as officials tried in vain to separate them.

ShSfql1.jpg</details>

ylUooVD.jpg

UfjW8rq.jpgAL6j4IC.jpgcfJhZ8g.jpg1SSQAXV.jpg

In a decent match, The Minnesota Wrecking Crew beat Ricky Morton and Jeff Jarrett by disqualification in 8:16, when the Crew were attacked by

a team of monsters led by Paul Ellering.

LuZm7nB.jpgfjlD9Lm.jpg

RfUs5rn.jpg

<hr>

Paul Ellering grabs a mic and makes it known that his guys, John Nord and Scott Norton, are THE Minnesota Wrecking Crew and not some pansy imposters, and that they're gonna bring pride back to The North Star State and pain to anyone who gets in their way!

rBBawvw.jpg</details>

ylUooVD.jpg

ZVeEoQW.jpgw/YHB4s2A.jpgcfJhZ8g.jpg0y9jSOs.jpg

In a decent match, Steve Austin pinned Ron Garvin in 10:12 when Madusa distracted Referee Mark Curtis, allowing Austin's new bodyguard,

Kevin Nash, to Powerbomb Garvin.

wER7MN0.jpg

u4tSQ2v.jpg

<hr>

As Austin and Nash celebrated the former's win, they were attacked by

JVRsPOc.jpguwkYGUy.jpg

Terry and Dory Funk Jr.! The Funks, who had certainly not forgotten what Austin did to them with a steel chair at Superbrawl, had steel chairs of their own, using them to great effect until

jr7XDal.jpg

Scott Hall came in to save Austin and Nash with a chair of his own.

RfUs5rn.jpg</details>

ylUooVD.jpg

xCykueV.jpgcfJhZ8g.jpgo7Oaaiu.jpg

This match was less than 30 seconds old when

a large, muscular man attacked Brian Pillman to give him a disqualification victory.

3W6ug4E.jpg

<hr>

As the bruiser pounded on Pillman, an ecstatic DDP got on the mic and introduced WCW to his good friend, Sir Charles!

NN8HExg.jpg</details>

ylUooVD.jpg

1xunpKQ.jpgcfJhZ8g.jpgzKQHnIy.jpg

In a decent match with good wrestling and decent heat, Dustin Rhodes pinned a floundering Buddy Landel with a Bulldog at 9:04.

kuGaOOA.jpg

ylUooVD.jpg

Tgx45kd.jpg

YacXXQY.jpgcfJhZ8g.jpg8IRU020.jpg

In a great match with good wrestling and great heat, The Hardliners defeated The Steiner Brothers in 11:16 when Teddy Long

Z0oCSbm.jpg

distracted Scott Steiner and Referee Randy Anderson just long enough for

pYp1jYl.jpg

Butch Reed to emerge from the locker room, drill Rick Steiner in the back with a lead pipe, and slip out undetected as Murdoch covered Rick for the win. The Hardliners win the WCW United States Tag Team Championship.

ShSfql1.jpg

<hr>

After the match, The Hardliners celebrate their first tag team gold in WCW as a very confused Scott Steiner, who never saw or heard Reed, checks on his suddenly incapacitated brother.

2raupQZ.jpg

ylUooVD.jpg

RGHTN1Y.jpg

Jim Ross and Jim Cornette are in the ring after a commercial break, where a representative of the WCW Championship Committee delivers an envelope containing the plans for how the first ever WCW World Heavyweight Champion will be crowned.

**Author's Note: I'm not gonna write out a full segment of Ross and Cornette going back and forth explaining and talking about the plans as that would be both pretty boring to read and annoying to write out in conversation form. Instead I'm just gonna type out the plans in a numbered list after this note.**

1.) The first ever WCW BattleBowl PPV will take place on Sunday, April 21st. At BattleBowl, the names of 40 of the best wrestlers in the world will be entered into a random, lottery style drawing, known as The Lethal Lottery. Two names will be drawn and those men will team up. Two more names will be drawn and they will team up as opponents of the first two men drawn. This continues until all 40 names have been drawn, resulting in 10 tag team matches. The winning teams from those 10 matches will then advance to the 20-Man BattleBowl Battle Royal main event. The winner of BattleBowl will then advance to The Great American Bash PPV on June 23rd to wrestle for the honor of being crowned the first ever WCW World Heavyweight Champion. So, who will he face?

2.) At the first ever Slamboree PPV on Sunday, May 26th, a one-night, 8-man tournament called The Slamboree Cup will be held. The winner of The Slamboree Cup will go on to face the winner of BattleBowl at Great American Bash for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship! Seven of the eight participants in The Slamboree Cup will be named by the WCW Championship Committee, with the eighth and final participant being the BattleBowl runner-up.

3.) The 40 BattleBowl participants will be determined in a series of 40 qualifying matches that will take place as follows:

- Three qualifying matches on every episode of WCW Saturday Night between now and BattleBowl.

- One qualifying match on every episode of WCW Main Event between now and BattleBowl.

- Eight qualifying matches at Clash of the Champions XV on Thursday, March 28th.

cRQ0UaZ.jpg

ylUooVD.jpg

Surprising no one, Ric Flair and Sid Vicious were not alone for the main event, ensuring a numbers advantage by bringing Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard with them to the ring.

JSSA1cL.jpg

Sting and Lex Luger were obviously aware the Horsemen would do this, countering Anderson and Blanchard with Dustin Rhodes

1xunpKQ.jpg

4vb00B9.jpg

and a returning Barry Windham!, who came to the ring on crutches, still suffering from the injury he received at the hands of the Horsemen when he was kicked out on the debut episode of WCW Saturday Night.

upMPqs8.jpg

<hr>

Ric Flair & Sid Vicious w/ Anderson & Blanchard vs. Sting & Lex Luger w/ Windham & Rhodes

CIBDAdH.jpgu2wal4l.jpgw/JSSA1cL.jpg

cfJhZ8g.jpg

tnIysbT.jpgoRBtWPx.jpgw/4vb00B9.jpg1xunpKQ.jpg

In an exceptional match, Sting and Lex Luger defeated Ric Flair and Sid Vicious in 14:39 when Sting submitted Ric Flair with a Scorpion Deathlock after Barry Windham hit Flair in the leg with one of his crutches.

HHSJSTV.jpg

<hr>

After the match, a brief brawl broke out between everyone but Windham, with the Horsemen quickly taking over with their 4 on 3 advantage. Unfortunately for them, Windham revealed, to a thunderous roar from the Greensboro Coliseum, that he didn't actually need his crutches at all, evening the odds and clearing the ring of the Horsemen while using one of the crutches like a club!

deksxoY.jpg</details>

<hr>

Show Rating:

LZNzzLY.jpg

<hr>

Post-show notes:

- The Zbyszko/Eaton match was a major improvement over their 80 rated match at Superbrawl, which was a nice surprise. I mean I figured it would score higher since the storyline has better heat now, but I would have guessed more like an 83 or 84.

- The main event match actually scored a 95 on the test run I did to make sure I hadn't messed anything up on the card. Oh well, the 89 it actually got still ties it for my best match of the save so far.

- I'm really looking forward to doing BattleBowl, one of my all-time favorite concepts in wrestling. I haven't decided for sure yet, but I might actually draw the teams at random for real and work my way to my chosen winner from there.

- The overall show grade of 92 is now the best of the save.

- I was originally gonna hold off on debuting Hall and Nash as Austin allies for a bit longer, but decided at the last minute to pull the trigger now.

- I had several potential opponents in mind for Vader, but went with Koloff because I thought he made the most sense given the Rhodes' family history with him. Also, Koloff will make a better face than the other guys I was considering, and more good faces are definitely something I need right now.

- A lot of you might strongly disagree with my decision to give The Hardliners the U.S. Tag titles over the Steiners and I see where you're coming from. I just think the Steiners are too good for the midcard tag titles, and I wanted to go ahead and move them into a feud with Doom without having to tie up both sets of tag belts. As far as The Hardliners are concerned, while they don't exactly scream "superstar" either by name or look, they're a very solid tag team that can have a great match with practically any team I want to throw at them. And that's exactly the kind of team I want for the "gateway" tag titles.

Top 10 in-ring performances of the night:

1.) Sting - 96

2.) Ric Flair - 94

3.) Big Van Vader - 85

4.) Larry Zbyszko - 84

5.) Lex Luger - 84

6.) Sid Vicious - 78

7.) Scott Steiner - 77

8.) Dick Murdoch - 72

9.) Rick Steiner - 72

10.) Bobby Eaton - 71

10.) Nikita Koloff - 71

The Next Day:

- These are my Top 10 Merchandise sellers for January '91:

CyxpyBG.png

- Harley Race says Steve Austin is a star in the making who could make WCW some serious cash.

- Sting thinks Jimmy Del Ray, who has yet to debut on tv and may not for a while, is turning into a good worker who's worth getting behind.

<hr>

Prediction contest standings after Clash of the Champions XIV:

Element - 26 points

Jaysin - 25 points

Satyr24 - 24 points

Gorilla Monsoon - 22 points

The_Monk - 20 points

Trevor Belmont- 19 points

angeldelayette - 18 points

Munit - 15 points

joshbrady91 - 13 points

ReggieLove - 12 points

Stannis1 - 5 points

Levinux - 3 points

bonnie - 1 point

KnowYourEnemy - 1 point

Great job by The Monk in predicting the double count out between Vader and his mystery opponent!

Reminder that this round of the prediction contest will run through Clash of the Champions in March. Thanks so much to everyone for reading, predicting and commenting!

Champions as of March 1st, 1991

WCW World Heavyweight Championship

tqhuLyU.jpg

**NEW TITLE **

x5rP4ro.jpg

Previous Champion:

N/A

WCW United States Championship

IgptqD6.jpg

u2wal4l.jpg

Sid Vicious - 1st time Champion

Previous Champion:

Lex Luger - Lost to Sid Vicious at Superbrawl on January 27th, 1991

WCW World Tag Team Championship

WiixnDq.jpg

pYp1jYl.jpgQHyrvHB.jpgZ0oCSbm.jpg

DOOM w/ Teddy Long

Previous Champions:

The Steiner Brothers - lost to Doom at Capital Combat on May 19th, 1990

Tgx45kd.jpg

8IRU020.jpg

The Hardliners

Previous Champions:

The Steiner Brothers - lost to The Hardliners at Clash of the Champions XIV on February 28th, 1991

The Midnight Express - lost to The Steiner Brothers in NJ on August 24th, 1990

i8wTA4V.jpg

mPML7WK.jpg

Bobby Eaton - 1st time Champion

Previous Champion:

Larry Zbyszko....- lost to Bobby Eaton at Clash of the Champions XIV on February 28th, 1991

"Z-Man" Tom Zenk - lost to Larry Zbyszko at Superbrawl on January 27th, 1991

<hr></hr>

Roster as of February 1st, 1991"Jobbers" Not Listed

Faces in Blue and Heels in Red

Major Stars

Barry Windham

Sting

Lex Luger

Ricky Steamboat

Arn Anderson

Ric Flair

Sid Vicious

Stan Hansen

Tully Blanchard

<hr></hr>

Stars

Bobby Eaton

Nikita Koloff

Terry Funk

Larry Zbyszko

<hr></hr>

Well Known

Brian Pillman

Dory Funk Jr.

Dustin Rhodes

Junkyard Dog

Rick Steiner

Ricky Morton

Scott Steiner

Tom Zenk

Tommy Rich

Big Van Vader

Buddy Landel

Butch Reed

Dan Spivey

Dick Murdoch

Dick Slater

Jimmy Garvin

Kevin Sullivan

Michael Hayes

Michael Wallstreet

Minnesota Wrecking Crew #2

Ron Simmons

Terrance Taylor

<hr></hr>

Recognizable

Ron Garvin

Steve Armstrong

Tracy Smothers

Black Bart

Brad Armstrong

Dutch Mantell

John Nord

Kevin Nash

Mr. Hughes

Scott Hall

Steve Austin

<hr></hr>

Unimportant

Chris Youngblood

Jeff Jarrett

Mark Youngblood

Lt. James Earl Wright

Minnesota Wrecking Crew #1

Sir Charles

Scott Norton

<hr></hr>

Out Injured

El Gigante

Robert Gibson

<hr></hr>

Managers

Magnum T.A.

Diamond Dallas Page

Paul Heyman

Madusa

Alexandra York

Teddy Long

<hr></hr>

Announcers

Jim Ross

Jim Cornette

Tony Schiavone

Gordon Solie

Eric Bischoff

Missy Hyatt

<hr></hr>

Referees

Nick Patrick

Randy Anderson

Mike Atkins

Mark Curtis

<hr></hr>

Road Agents

Dusty Rhodes

Harley Race

Dick The Bruiser

Boris Malenko

*No "Creative Meeting" section for this month since it's littered with workers I haven't debuted yet.*

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51515" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Good show my friend. I genuinely popped for Bobby picking up the tv belt.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Element" data-cite="Element" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51515" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Solid clash ink! Looking forward to battlebowl.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Glad you guys enjoyed it! </p><p> </p><p> <hr></hr></p><p> </p><p> Also wanted to give a quick little update on the upcoming posting schedule while I'm here. I could've had March TV posted today, but since I'm basically booking all of March TV, COC XV, and all of April TV as one long buildup to Battlebowl with all the qualifying matches, it's taken me a bit longer than it generally will under the new format to get everything lined up how I want it. But if nothing goes wrong or comes up, I hope the upcoming posting schedule will look something like this:</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Wednesday, September 23:</strong> All of March TV and Clash of the Champions XV predictions card</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Thursday, September 24:</strong> Clash of the Champions XV</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Friday, September 25:</strong> All of April TV and Battlebowl predictions card</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Monday, September 28th or Tuesday, September 29th: </strong>Battlebowl</p>

<p>I hate to do it, especially considering I already have the entire month of March TV and COC XV ready to post, but I'm gonna call an end to this dynasty. And as tempting as it is, I'm not gonna write a long post detailing the various reasons for it. I'll simply summarize by saying that I'm just not "feeling it" with this save. And with dynasties being as much work as they are to write and post, there's just no incentive to keep one going if you're not really enjoying the save associated with it. </p><p> </p><p>

I may or may not decide to do another dynasty at some point in the future, but if I do it'll probably be a C-Verse save with CZCW. They're my favorite in the C-Verse and my save with them in TEW 2013 is what really started my love of the TEW series.</p><p> </p><p>

So, many thanks to everyone who followed along and participated, it was greatly appreciated!</p>