Pick a gimmick that the worker is good at. The description on the gimmick screen will usually say something like "this worker can't use comedy or cult gimmicks" or "this worker is particularly good at using Swagger or Legitimate gimmicks". Then consider whether to more the little graph thingy on the left to allow the worker a little more leeway. I usually give it a nudge to the upper right hand quadrant of the graph, nothing too extreme, and then see what happens. Seems to be pretty random in how the gimmick is received....

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WCGreyghost" data-cite="WCGreyghost" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51588" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pick a gimmick that the worker is good at. The description on the gimmick screen will usually say something like "this worker can't use comedy or cult gimmicks" or "this worker is particularly good at using Swagger or Legitimate gimmicks". Then consider whether to more the little graph thingy on the left to allow the worker a little more leeway. I usually give it a nudge to the upper right hand quadrant of the graph, nothing too extreme, and then see what happens. Seems to be pretty random in how the gimmick is received....</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> I tried that, but I seem to have a lot of workers that aren't GOOD at anything, just BAD at a couple of things. I've tried all kinds of things with different workers, varying the "target" on the graph, but I just can't seem to get anything to "work".</p><p> </p><p> It's way too random it seems.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="redhilleagle" data-cite="redhilleagle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51588" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I tried that, but I seem to have a lot of workers that aren't GOOD at anything, just BAD at a couple of things. I've tried all kinds of things with different workers, varying the "target" on the graph, but I just can't seem to get anything to "work".<p> </p><p> It's way too random it seems.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The worker is good at something. If you click a basis that he's good at there will be a note at the bottom saying "x is particularly good at playing this type of gimmick." Or check their skills screen to see what attributes they have.</p><p> </p><p> Just because you don't understand how something works doesn't mean it "sucks."</p>

<p>What is your User Talent Creativity set at? When I was running TCW mine was at 8 and it was still a mix from Awful to Great. The stat just gives you a better shot at good ratings.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, are you looking at where on the graph the dot is when you assign the gimmick? Are you taking a lot of risks when handing these gimmicks out or playing it safe?</p>

The worker is good at something. If you click a basis that he's good at there will be a note at the bottom saying "x is particularly good at playing this type of gimmick." Or check their skills screen to see what attributes they have.

Just because you don't understand how something works doesn't mean it "sucks."

It sucks compared to the old system.

I always give workers a gimmick type that they are GOOD at, I just gave a guy one and set the "target" to top middle and it came out awful.

So you're right, I don't know how it works. There must be other factors to consider when giving a gimmick, perhaps you could enlighten me.

It sucks compared to the old system.

I always give workers a gimmick type that they are GOOD at, I just gave a guy one and set the "target" to top middle and it came out awful.

So you're right, I don't know how it works. There must be other factors to consider when giving a gimmick, perhaps you could enlighten me.

Everything you need is right on the screen. Click a basis that the worker is good at. Choose safe, generic, creative, or unique based on the information provided on the screen. Name it what you like. Sometimes gimmicks don't work, sometimes they do.

Again, not getting good results doesn't mean it sucks compared to the old system.

Sometimes gimmicks don't work, sometimes they do.

NONE of my gimmicks seem to work. Is this just bad luck? Doesn't seem very fair on the gamer. I can understand a little bit of randomness, but 9 out of every 10 gimmicks being awful or poor (and the other 1 usually only adequate) is taking a bit of the fun out for me. Even if I had a 30% success rate of getting good or above I'd be a bit more happy.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="redhilleagle" data-cite="redhilleagle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51588" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>NONE of my gimmicks seem to work. Is this just bad luck? Doesn't seem very fair on the gamer. I can understand a little bit of randomness, but 9 out of every 10 gimmicks being awful or poor (and the other 1 usually only adequate) is taking a bit of the fun out for me. Even if I had a 30% success rate of getting good or above I'd be a bit more happy.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did you put 0 points of your User Talents into "Creative"? Because if what you're saying is true, that's the only way you could possibly recieve such a massive negative gimmick outcome.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Vinsmoker" data-cite="Vinsmoker" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51588" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did you put 0 points of your User Talents into "Creative"? Because if what you're saying is true, that's the only way you could possibly recieve such a massive negative gimmick outcome.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You'll also have better luck with workers with the 'Creative', 'Very Creative', or 'Creative Dynamo' attributes. I had a random gen worker with the 'Creative' attribute debut her 'Amazonian' gimmick and immediately get 'Legendary'. Etsuko Arihyoshi (Very Creative) got Legendary with her Wrestling Machine gimmick too.</p><p> </p><p> I tend to get good results when assigning/changing gimmicks but I also don't move the dot at all. I leave it right in the default position.</p><p> </p><p> When these people you get poor gimmick ratings for debut, do you just throw up your hands and do nothing? Or do you try to tweak the gimmick at all? If a worker has no 'plays X well', stick to Standard category gimmicks. And pump up your Creative user ability. This is precisely what it's for (turns and gimmicks).</p>

When these people you get poor gimmick ratings for debut, do you just throw up your hands and do nothing? Or do you try to tweak the gimmick at all? If a worker has no 'plays X well', stick to Standard category gimmicks. And pump up your Creative user ability. This is precisely what it's for (turns and gimmicks).

Surely it's too early to tweak the gimmick after first appearance? Also, I I do put STANDARD gimmicks on those that are not at anything.