Local Worker Options

Forgive me if this has been suggested before. Would love to see local unemployed workers offering to work for free for a couple of months in the hope of getting a contract (with you or putting themselves in the shop window for other companies) Perhaps more likely if they have been unemployed for several months and starting to get restless.

Nobody would work for free, this isn't an internship. And money is easy to make in TEW2020. I do agree it would be more realistic if the workers lowered their asking price the longer they sit unsigned, and if their default popularity slowly went down due to lack of exposure, to compel their interest - but the game really just isn't that deep.

It would also have to consider, for example, the lifetime wealth and expenses every worker has acquired. Those who made good investments and are happy not working, or who just had a baby might want to sit home. Those who are in need of money might be more desperate. Those who are young and looking for a way in would be really hungry. Those older who understand they will generally be used to fill slots and put people over would be less interested. The game just doesn't calculate all of this, to my knowledge - I mean, it might? There has to be something driving the entire "major star" section to go into politics, and in TEW16, workers acquired Business skills and would abandon your company to start their own. So maybe wealth is checked and this time around used to send people to politics? I don't have any clue.

I agree with your idea in spirit. I am just not sure if it could be implemented.

Can't really think of any reason a major company like TCW, USPW or SWF would want talent that was willing to work for free. Money is not really an issue for those companies, so it's no problem to either just hire a local guy, borrow a guy from development, or even sign a handful of guys to be nothing but squash bait.

On the other hand, a smaller company, with financial struggles, would probably be all over the chance to get some free talent. Pretty much always can use an extra guy to come look at the lights for somebody on the roster.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51711" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nobody would work for free, this isn't an internship. And money is easy to make in TEW2020. I do agree it would be more realistic if the workers lowered their asking price the longer they sit unsigned, and if their default popularity slowly went down due to lack of exposure, to compel their interest - but the game really just isn't that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Both of these already exist. It’s why you get those “X wrestler is roaring to go” news stories. If they’ve been unemployed for a long time they will lower their standards and sign for companies who are otherwise too small for them. You can also usually get them on a discount.</p><p> </p><p> I’m pretty sure their popularity will decay as well, but I think them being on independent shows (and having a lot more in 2020) makes it barely noticeable.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, I've heard Jim Cornette tell stories about how he agreed to do his one appearance for ECW in exchange for Heyman apologizing to somebody but otherwise for free (and it true Heyman fashion he gave Cornette money and then buried the other guy the next day).

So I wouldn't say nobody works for free, but if they were going to allow it, you'd basically need some sort of mitigating factor.

"I'll work your show and job out, but in exchange you have to agree to one of your stars working my indy promotion" or "I'll do this show for free, in exchange for three paid appearances after" etc.