[BETA RELEASE] "It All Begins Again"... April 2004 Real World Mod

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey Idol how is the mod coming along? so excited to play this mod.

Hope progress is going well for you and again many thanks for taking the

time to update it to TEW 2020

Unfortunately things have kind of slowed to a crawl. The pandemic is hitting my workplace pretty hard and they’ve mandated forced overtime. What little free time I have lately has been playing console games with my son. Hope to get back at it when things get a bit more normal.

Unfortunately things have kind of slowed to a crawl. The pandemic is hitting my workplace pretty hard and they’ve mandated forced overtime. What little free time I have lately has been playing console games with my son. Hope to get back at it when things get a bit more normal.

If there is anything I can help with, drop me a message, be it graphics or data inputting.

Almost everyone but a handful of referees and extremely unknown workers have pictures now. I was able to convert many of them from the organic pack I created a for the TEW 2016 version of the data. A quick look through the changes I made within WWE has been pretty good for the most part.

SH-AJ.png

They hired AJ and immediately made him the face of the Cruiserweight Division? Awesome.

SH-REY.png

Rey getting pushed up the card and a reign as US Champion? Nice.

SH-EDDIE.png

Eddie and Angle exchanging the belt? Very nice.

SH-STACY.png

Ehhh... not out of the realm of possibility to push Stacy as Womens champion during the time.

SH-VINCE.png

dude-wut-is-your-problem.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
any updates on this data? looks like a lot of excellent effort has been put into this but the progress has slowed down. happy to help wherever you see fit.

Unfortunately there has been a very substantial Covid-19 outbreak at my place of work (and geographic area in general), so there has been a lot of forced overtime to cover those that are out. Right now I’ve been focused on handling that while also spending time with the family. While progress has stalled for the time being, I have no intentions of not completing this project.

• 2 months later...
raspymorten said:
Hey, I just wanted to check in to ask how the progress on this is going.

The beta release on 2016 was one of my favorite mods to play, and I've been super hyped for this version since ya first posted about it.

I've made a lot of progress in the last three months, but I'm nowhere near a BETA or testing release yet. The more I dug into the data, and the more my understanding about how this version of the game works improved, the more I realized I wanted to do a real good job and overhaul everything.

With that said, I HAVE made a ton of progress.

- The new Sticker/Trading Card style pack continues to be built and improved upon.

- HOF/HOI agers have been added to most current inductees.

- All title histories have been changed from real world dates to the style that the game actually uses and puts out (ex. Wk 4, July 2003 - Wk 3, August 2003)

- I've been sorting the game world by each stat (Brawling, Technical, Puro, etc) and making changes to them as I see fit to better balance the game world.

- Chaotic Wrestling, Chikara Pro, Exodus Wrestling Alliance, Juggalo Championshit Wrestling, NWA No Limits, Ohio Valley Wrestling, Pro-Pain Pro Wrestling, NWA Total Nonstop Action and WWE are all pretty much complete at the moments (Company setting, Popularity, Product, Events, Titles & Lineage, Tag Teams and Tag Experience, Stables, Rosters, etc)

- Every worker on those rosters has had their profile looked over, body types set, home regions, gimmicks, active regions, languages, birth dates, employment histories, stats, popularity, attributes, and more looked over and set.

- Indy workers have had their popularity scaled for where they actually competed (The game's built in spillover will account for word of mouth popularity)

- I've started the historical Power 500s according to past PWI results.

- Yearly Awards have been set with a combination of PWI awards and Wrestling Observer Awards.

- Lucha Xtreme Wrestling (NY) has been completely added.

- Mask and Hair histories have been added for the luchadors I've encountered thus far.

- This one was incredibly time consuming, and I'm glad its over: Every worker in the data has had their experience scaled by counting the number of confirmed matches up until the start date either on cagematch or wrestlingdata and multiplying that number by .2

- Numerous new workers have been added to the data to round out rosters and the indy scene.

I'm sure I've forgotten some of what I've done, but that is about the short of it and where I'm at. In summation: it will be worth the wait and likely completely unrecognizable (in a good way) from the base data.

Screenshots:

2021-04-03-21-34-35-TEW2020.png

2021-04-03-21-38-41-TEW2020.png

2021-04-03-21-39-29-TEW2020.png

2021-04-03-21-40-13-TEW2020.png

2021-04-03-21-41-17-TEW2020.png

2021-04-03-21-41-33-NAME.png

2021-04-03-21-42-57-Form1.png

2021-04-03-21-44-49-Title-History.png

2021-04-03-21-45-32-X-Employment-History.png