[BETA RELEASE] "It All Begins Again"... April 2004 Real World Mod

Can I just add to the list of people saying how amazing this looks? Something I noticed is that I love the design of that Michelle Starrs training academy logo. Such a great time period and the detail you've put into each promotion makes this absolutely exciting. Every time you post one of these previews you got me wanting to play as that promotion. Cannot wait to give this a test drive. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2020 at 9:46 AM, Idolized said:

Title-Screen.jpg

"It All Begins Again"... April 2004 Real World Mod by iDOL

Progress:

COMPLETED PROMOTIONS: 32 | YET TO BE COMPLETED: 6 | TOTAL: 38

*Removed from the list to speed up BETA release, may be added in a future update*

USA

All Pro Wrestling

Chaotic Wrestling

CHIKARA Pro

Combat Zone Wrestling

Cyberspace Wrestling Federation

East Coast Wrestling Association

Full Impact Pro

International Wrestling Association: Puerto Rico 

IWA Mid-South

Jersey All Pro Wrestling

Juggalo Championshit Wrestling

Lucha Xtreme Wrestling

NWA Florida

NWA No Limits Wrestling

NWA Upstate

NWA Wildside

Ohio Valley Wrestling

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla

Pro Wrestling IRON

Pro-Pain Pro Wrestling

Ring of Honor

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling

Ultimate Pro Wrestling

World League Wrestling

World Wrestling Council

World Wrestling Entertainment

CANADA

Border City Wrestling

Canadian Wrestling Alliance

Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling

Internet Wrestling Syndicate

STAMPEDE Wrestling

JAPAN

All Japan Pro-Wrestling

Dramatic Dream Team

Kaientai Dojo

New Japan Pro-Wrestling

Pro Wrestling Zero-One

Pro-Wrestling NOAH

UK

All Star Wrestling

Frontier Wrestling Alliance

MEXICO

Asistencia Asesoría y Administración

Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre

While the topic has been brought back to the main page, I figure I'll give an update on where things currently stand.

I've made the decision to cut IWA: Puerto Rico, World Wrestling Council and Kaientai Dojo from the list of promotions to be included in the mod at release. These are honestly the three that I know least about, and likely the three promotions no one is really looking to dive into with a game. Still, my goal is to likely add them in down the line, but in the interest of getting a BETA release to see the light of day, I'm cutting them for now.

As also stated, the promotions that are left are a slog for me to get through because they are promotions outside of my comfort zone of the US, being all based in Japan or Mexico. Luckily, for the majority of the Japanese promotions, all of the workers were present in the Ruthless Aggression base data and I was able to mostly set the contracts of each promotion. Now its a matter of going through each one by one and updating the companies, worker stats, work history, tag teams, updating the title histories, etc... like has been done for all of the promotions in red.

Mexico is a different story. CMLL is missing about 30 workers from the data, and there are quite a few missing from AAA as well. Many of them are low level luchadors that are hard to find info on. My knowledge of lucha is very limited, so this will likely be a lengthy process to get these two done.

After that, I'll be tackling the free agents and fixing stats, work histories, etc. Then I'll be taking a look at the yet to debut workers and making a list of those to add.

After that, we are looking at the first BETA release. 

Hope you guys can stay with me

• Like 14

Well, All Japan is proving to be "fun" 😑

Kaz Hayashi is the reigning All Asia Jr. Heavyweight Champion, but also holds the All Asia Tag Team Championship under a different Gimmick as the masked "Shiryu" alongside "The Great Kosuke" who is also main eventer Satoshi Kojima.

I think I'll add each wrestler's masked alter ego, and set them as tag champions as Kaz Hayashi and Satoshi Kojima since they are the more important gimmick for each guy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Idolized said:

Well, All Japan is proving to be "fun" 😑

Kaz Hayashi is the reigning All Asia Jr. Heavyweight Champion, but also holds the All Asia Tag Team Championship under a different Gimmick as the masked "Shiryu" alongside "The Great Kosuke" who is also main eventer Satoshi Kojima.

I think I'll add each wrestler's masked alter ego, and set them as tag champions as Kaz Hayashi and Satoshi Kojima since they are the more important gimmick for each guy.

Yeah that's 100% understandable dude. No way to make that 100% accurate.

Edited by raspymorten

I have about 5 guys left to finish up on the AJPW roster before moving on to updating their title holders, title history, events, tv shows, and a few other things. Should be done at the middle of the week, then I'll be moving on to NOAH or Pro Wrestling Zero-One

Screenshot-2023-08-26-at-12-13-26-AM.png

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Its not a lack of interest, i think as you see we are all still interested , we all just dont want to bother with the same questions and bug you. Its a shame that whats holding up a release are areas most of us dont use or even immediately disable when starting a game. I'm only here for the USA.

Edited by D16NJD16
  • Like 3

For sure, I'm still psyched for this. I think I feel a real allure to this one because of how big a deal TEW 2005 felt when it came out, and all the mods were, of course, for 2004 since that was the year of release...so it'll be nice to play that time period back with the newer game.

• Like 1

Yeah, I too look out for this thread every single time I visit these forums! Actually, this was the first thread I followed after the board software switched over a while back and I noticed that feature was a thing. The previews make this look like possibly the most polished TEW mod to date and I've always found 2004 to be a fascinating time period to play through because so many things in wrestling were in a state of flux. Plus I got into the EW series in 2003, so I have a lot of fond, formative memories of booking different companies during this exact time period, as well as a billion Big Ideas for how to book them all so much better now that I'm, somehow, twenty years into my (fantasy) booking career. 😛 Every time I notice that this thread's been bumped I rush over here as soon as I can hoping for more previews or some news because I'm more hyped for this mod than I've been for any video game related thing in a good, long while.

• Like 4