What happened to "New Worker Frequency"?

This is a feature from TEW 2016 that I didn't even realize had disappeared. In my test-sims, I'm noticing that there are a whole lot more random workers than usual, like 5 to 8 per month, which means they tend to overwhelm the roster. TEW 2016 gave me the option to limit new workers to Very Low, Low, Medium, High, Very High, and Extremely High. TEW 2020 seems to be stuck somewhere near High.

For my 2001 sims (because I always play mods somewhere in the range of 2001 to 2004 or so) I tend to play on Low or Very Low until the year hits 2013 or so, at which point I upgrade to Medium, then in 2016 I switch to High, and when Current Year hits I switch to Very or Extremely High.

It's not that I want to eliminate random workers. I like having them. They add spice even to historical sims. I just don't want them to dominate the worker population within 4 or 5 years.

In this game, the worker generations happen through Dojos. If you have too many, you can turn worker regeneration off - if you do, you can still send people to train, if it's a performance center.

Because dojos are the means of generating workers this time around (by request), this is your answer.

To fiddle with it:

1. You can set them to generate more/less workers in editor.

2. You can add more dojos if a game area is lacking a worker.

3. You can turn dojos generation to "off" individually; you can also turn the sliders down so a dojo that gives 10 workers a year, instead gives 5.

Edit: I do wish there were some kind of "master switch", I do agree with the essence of what you're saying.

Dojos, huh? Okay, it's a little more effort-intensive, but as long as I can adjust the number of generated workers, I've got no complaints. I'll tweak it that way. There's still thousands of tweaks to be made in this mod, since the conversion from 2016 was imperfect.

I did notice when I simmed by mod 10 years in the future the issue seems to be that top companies build up a load of money, and so they all seem to max out the number of graduates per year so top companies tend to have a hell of a lot of inexperienced rookies of mixed abilities on their roster.

Also with no way to set what type of workers graduate I have found a lot of companies are full of workers that don't suit their products, so like a hardcore promotion that has the set hiring rule of being at least middleweight and a decent brawler end up full of small daredevils, with fast and furious product companies having hardcore or brawler wrestlers.

I did notice when I simmed by mod 10 years in the future the issue seems to be that top companies build up a load of money, and so they all seem to max out the number of graduates per year so top companies tend to have a hell of a lot of inexperienced rookies of mixed abilities on their roster.

Also with no way to set what type of workers graduate I have found a lot of companies are full of workers that don't suit their products, so like a hardcore promotion that has the set hiring rule of being at least middleweight and a decent brawler end up full of small daredevils, with fast and furious product companies having hardcore or brawler wrestlers.

Yeah making dojos the only way to get new workers but then also removing the archetypes from dojos that’s been in games for years is a bizarre decision.

There generally needs to be more stuff to do with lots of money for big companies. Because after a certain point you're just sitting on Millions of dollars, with the only investment options being child companies and brodcaster.

Maybe some option to "invest" money into economy or overall wrestling popularity, giving either stat a boost or something.

There generally needs to be more stuff to do with lots of money for big companies. Because after a certain point you're just sitting on Millions of dollars, with the only investment options being child companies and brodcaster.

Maybe some option to "invest" money into economy or overall wrestling popularity, giving either stat a boost or something.

Or spending money for a positive headline that gives a boost to popularity or someone's momentum (with a chance to fail in any case).

I'd forgot about this thread, I posted this earlier but thought it seemed relevant for here

Quick question about dojo graduates

For my 2018 alt cverse mod I was making future workers for dojo's based on the amount that should graduate, thinking that say I made 3 graduates in 2018 for a dojo that produces three per year it would be those 3. However, have I got that wrong? Would it be my created three plus another three?

It says in the help guide that "graduates that have been preset in the editor do not count towards the total"

So does that mean by setting up my mod to have the next four years are graduates set up I am actually doubling the amount that will graduate, therefore upsetting the balance of the game world/the companies that graduate to? I have looked at the game run I am testing and in 2018 alone SWF had 12 workers graduate Supreme University (4 I created as they are set to 4 per year, so not sure why that number doubled and 8 extras graduated though).

I know you can turn graduates off but obviously at some point workers need to start graduating, or more if facilities improve during the game.

Is there no setting now like in 2016 where you set new workers to only start appearing after a certain date? If not that is going to get very frustrating and obviously workers are better with real bio's/balanced stats/fitting the companies product, but if it's going to create an issue where companies have too many rookies then I should delete them. TCW in 2018 hired 7 rookies (no idea why 7, they were set for 2 per year, two were preset, 5 just random graduates, 6 if you include the female they didn't hire) but that instantly means, 1 year in, their whole roster is off balance as it was full of average rookies with no experience. I mean they only start with 40 wrestlers, so within a year nearly a quarter of their roster is rookies!

I'd forgot about this thread, I posted this earlier but thought it seemed relevant for here

Quick question about dojo graduates

For my 2018 alt cverse mod I was making future workers for dojo's based on the amount that should graduate, thinking that say I made 3 graduates in 2018 for a dojo that produces three per year it would be those 3. However, have I got that wrong? Would it be my created three plus another three?

It says in the help guide that "graduates that have been preset in the editor do not count towards the total"

So does that mean by setting up my mod to have the next four years are graduates set up I am actually doubling the amount that will graduate, therefore upsetting the balance of the game world/the companies that graduate to? I have looked at the game run I am testing and in 2018 alone SWF had 12 workers graduate Supreme University (4 I created as they are set to 4 per year, so not sure why that number doubled and 8 extras graduated though).

I know you can turn graduates off but obviously at some point workers need to start graduating, or more if facilities improve during the game.

Is there no setting now like in 2016 where you set new workers to only start appearing after a certain date? If not that is going to get very frustrating and obviously workers are better with real bio's/balanced stats/fitting the companies product, but if it's going to create an issue where companies have too many rookies then I should delete them. TCW in 2018 hired 7 rookies (no idea why 7, they were set for 2 per year, two were preset, 5 just random graduates, 6 if you include the female they didn't hire) but that instantly means, 1 year in, their whole roster is off balance as it was full of average rookies with no experience. I mean they only start with 40 wrestlers, so within a year nearly a quarter of their roster is rookies!

They might've gained more workers from the AI increasing their own dojo. They do spend money on that. I set up several development companies and gave each one their own Broadcaster and Performance Center (of course, in the editor). I did this because I didn't want to perform the 'send to training" thing a million clicks.

I also don't know what compels the AI hiring - it seems like they always hire every dork, no matter how bad their personality type or deficits of skills the company needs or uses most. They just auto-sign everything.

They might've gained more workers from the AI increasing their own dojo. They do spend money on that. I set up several development companies and gave each one their own Broadcaster and Performance Center (of course, in the editor). I did this because I didn't want to perform the 'send to training" thing a million clicks.

I also don't know what compels the AI hiring - it seems like they always hire every dork, no matter how bad their personality type or deficits of skills the company needs or uses most. They just auto-sign everything.

I thought that, but then wondered if it was something that takes time? I mean you upgrade to 8 guys even in January and seems weird that just a few months later there is the extra 4, but maybe that is right, plus it is only approximately 4

I think the main issue, or at least something I'd like to see, if the ability to have an option of no more graduates before a certain date, or have preset one's count towards totals. The C-verse starts out quite balanced, 10 years in and there are 20+ new dojo's in my run through, nearly all company one's are maxed out on amount of graduates. I had the setting where they can only be new workers if there is a picture to assign, looks like all free pics were used after just 4 years are graduations suddenly stop in 2022 lol

Here's some stats from my latest sim. And this is AFTER starting a game where all of the dojos had their "Facilities" number cranked down to 15% or lower (the game estimated 2 graduates per year at that level).

My mod starts out with 3047 workers, including inactive and deceased. It begins in the year 2001.

I've simmed forward to the year 2011. In 10 years, the population has gone from 3047 workers to 4343, with 3936 active.

That's way too much. I really do need a way to adjust that down.