'A' Shows vs. 'B' Shows

I recently changed my booking style from Wrestling Soap Opera to Wrestling Nerd Nirvana and I'm a little lost on why my B Shows went from being rated 70+ rated to 45-50 rated regardless of how I book it.

Short matches: 50

Long matches (which are favored by Wrestling Nerd Nirvana): 50

Change the match type to Steal the Show, Wild Brawl, Storytelling, etc and almost every match still gets 45-50 ratings.

Change the wrestlers to main eventers and the matches still hover around 60-65 while they would get above 70s previously.

I know B shows don't matter to the company's popularity or growth, but it's annoying to see it automatically get lowered without a clear indicator. The announcing team hasn't changed. Locker room morale is happy. I put the best road agents on the matches, too.

Looking at the products, 2 things stick out:

1) The shift in match rating ratio from 30/70 (in-ring/pop) to either 40/60 or 55/45.

2) The amount of time each product takes to get world-class scores: WSO takes 5, WNN takes 20.

So shifting from a product that requires more popularity to one that requires better in-ring work is going to knock your score down. Also, take a look at the road agent notes and the show summary to get some insight into why the matches and show were rated that way.

Looking at the products, 2 things stick out:

1) The shift in match rating ratio from 30/70 (in-ring/pop) to either 40/60 or 55/45.

2) The amount of time each product takes to get world-class scores: WSO takes 5, WNN takes 20.

So shifting from a product that requires more popularity to one that requires better in-ring work is going to knock your score down. Also, take a look at the road agent notes and the show summary to get some insight into why the matches and show were rated that way.

Yeah, still weird for two wrestlers that get 90+ on a wrestling soap opera B show to get lowered to a 50 on a nerd nirvana B show just because it's a B show. When I book the same match on an A Show with the same wrestlers, they get a 79-88 when I run the simulation a few times.