Alternative CornellVerse 2018 Mod (FULL RELEASE!)

9e3VStQ.png

1.07 RELEASED 24 APRIL 2021

Fixed the issue with title belts being set to debut in the future

CWW King Of The North title lineage fixed

NYCW King Of New York tournament set to take place at NYCW King Of New York event

This is supposed to be the last ever update of this mod, unless there is anything to correct, as I start work on the 2022 version!

Various renders updated and alter ego’s added

Washington Jones graduated from fixed

Valerie Flores bio and graduated from fixed

Commander-In-Chief Abdoun bio fixed

Matón Loco Given a mask

Matón Loco added to MHW

Fixed where Pasquale Cantona is active

Rick Richardson changed to non-wrestler

Ricky Jo now has hair

Ron Peck name changed to Gerry And Frankie, Ron peck made an alter ego

Scag now has hair

Montgomery family workers edited to be active at the start of the game

Jim Force attribute “a marketing nightmare” changed to “a marketing dream”

THE DATABASE LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e9c8zbnxl6mgulp/TEW2020.mdb/file

THE PICTURE FILE LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/s060bktzfaxr0q0/AltCornellVerse2018.rar/file

What the people say

Tardelli - I never was really invested in the CVerse... but you have outdone yourself. Thanks to your amazing mod I really enjoy it now. Just started with Total Championship Wrestling. Thank you!

Acey - Just wanted to add to the people saying how awesome this mod is. The original Cornellverse (2016) is great but 2018 takes it to a new level.

Munit - This is seriously my favourite mod of the cverse. I can’t wait to see what happens in the future. This mod has potential to be the best.

Trotter93 - I downloaded this last week and I have to say I’m blown away by this mod....I cannot believe how great it is.

JLLO2222 - Just want to say thanks for this mod... I was strictly a Real World Player prior to your mod and this got me into the default database... Thanks man!

Thiagofjv - This is the biggest CVerse mod I've played all this year, so much detail, so much passion! This is really great!

NowThenMates - Honestly, it's the only mod I've been able to stick with in regards to getting into the C-Verse. All in all, I love this mod, the work you've done is great.

Set in 2018, this is a continuation of the 2016 CornellVerse database with every single aspect of it looked at and taken forward two years, with all the new workers and some details from the 2020 database mixed in. With everything edited it’s not just moving people into other promotions for no reason, everything has a reason, with backstories found in bio’s, and is designed to mix things up a lot more than the default data would, but in a way that fits C-Verse cannon. Everything has been looked at closely, from workers stats and popularity, title histories and hall of fame’s, this has not been a quick edit and release. This is a couple of years hard work, both released on TEW2016, and then converting and updating for TEW2020.

See other posts below for a more detailed look at certain companies, featuring screenshots of some of the changes

Top features:

• Many more worker options! There are 1,189 more workers in this mod than the default 2020 data, including edited versions of willr0cks women’s revolution add-on, absolutelyridiculous 30 future worker add-on, CreeperGav's yet to debut workers mod and King Bison’s TITAN Factory Wrestling add-on, demondragonking's Yet Even More CVerse Free Agents mod

• Extra promotions! There are 56 extra promotions in the database, including 33 active companies, making the game world a much more competitive place

• Better female representation! There are now 331 extra women in the database, including 321 wrestlers! This includes an actual female wrestling scene in places like Britain, which now has an all-female company and 51 wrestlers, compared to zero wrestlers in 2020. There are also eight active all-female companies worldwide, compared to the three in 2020.

• Long term saves – there are 583 yet to debut wrestlers in the database, compared to 36 in 2020. If you aren’t a fan of generated workers then this database means you can turn dojo graduates off and still be fine. If you are a fan of generated workers we have you covered to, as this database features 2976 free pictures! That is 2058 more than the default data, for example you now have 204 extra black males and 372 extra white female, with white females going from 34 in the default data, up to 406 in this database

• The latest pictures and renders from all the top render makers including: willr0ck, king bison, shipshirt, poputt, sockpuppet, undertakes666, cqi13, munit, praguepride, kamchatka, lloyd, asaemon, wonk, london, smw88, willywillywilly, jtland, brat99, blackman, southside_hitman, ewanite, reaper, properly_promoted, christian_shane, j_silver, esteel20, BestForTheBusiness Mammoth and if there is anyone I am forgetting please let me know!

THE GAME WORLD

AMERICA

• USPW are dominating at the top and have only increased the number of big stars they have stolen, but SWF and TCW are still trying to get back to number 1, with SWF employing Jack Bruce as head booker he is throwing everything against the wall and hoping something will stick, while TCW have been smart and signed up a load of the top young talents in America and if they can turn them into stars they could have one of the best rosters in the world.

• CZCW have managed to survive USPW’s attempts to weaken them to buy the promotion to use as a development territory, with Art Reed buying them himself and adding a lot of talented experienced workers to go alongside some exciting youngsters. Sadly, the same couldn’t be said for MAW, who were taken over by USPW in 2017, although they are now featured on Reverie, with a weekly TV show too. In the Tri-State PSW and NYCW are still going strong and have added more events to their yearly schedule, while on the west coast GSW are barely hanging on and IPW seem to be winning the war

• A crazy new promotion, Battles Of Hell, have been founded by Duntan Hall, and they are a supernatural adult drama, set in hell and features demons, monsters, cowboys and corrupt cops, they could be set to make a big splash

• On the islands, FCW have been taken over by billionaire Magnus Ivansson and look to finally make their mark on the wrestling landscape, and have added some big stars from the past. In Hawaii Tribal Warrior HAS returned to open his own promotion, bringing the likes of Java, Akima Brave, Toma, Samoan Machine, Rhino Umaga and Kanishoki with him, as well as their friends and family

• In women’s wrestling AAA have been taken over by The Women’s network and they are now a real threat to the big boys of American wrestling, with weekly TV on a good sized network they are growing constantly. QAW are still going strong in the mid-south, and over in the great lakes Madame Bat has opened Devil Women, with Tamara McFly booking, they provide some attitude entertainment for the fans who think women can be strong as well as sexy

• Other promotions include B-Wild, an integrated promotion owned and booked by the Biggins, Brett and Bart, who have links to TCW. There is Kid Friendly Wrestling, a promotion ran by a priest for children, featuring characters like human hotdogs and burger, creatures pulled from the sea and battering lambs. On the opposite end of things you have TITAN Factory Wrestling, ran by Dread it is a company full of only the biggest and toughest wrestlers. And finally Rhode Island Pro Wrestling, who feature all the future stars of SWF

CANADA

• The top promotion in Canada remains NOTBPW, who’s head booker Victoria Stone-McFly has integrated their rosters, helped by the fact they aired a reality tv show showcasing the signing of Joanne Rodriguez. A film about her came out a year later, and made her one of the biggest stars in the world. That, and the fact NOTBPW took all the best female workers from USPW when they got rid of their women’s division, has helped the fans take to the big change. They have also added Ricky and Jack DeColt to their roster, with Edd Stone also returning home

• CGC have only gone backwards, with Alex DeColt costing himself the employment of his brothers, as well as many others. A terrible world title reign by Annihilus has led to CGC being at one of their lowest points EVER, with wrestlers on the roster who have no business working for such a historic promotion

• ACPW have hit gold with Sayeed Ali, now known as East Side Assassin, who has become a true star thanks to social media taking to him. They are in a strong position to grow, as are 4C who are still going strong. They have added some bigger names to the roster, like Bobby Thomas, what could possibly go wrong?

• There are two new promotions in Canada, Quebec Pro Wrestling and Independent Women Wrestling. QPW were formed by Christian Price when he left CGC and they promote old-school, silver age wrestling. IWW are a women’s anti-establishment hardcore promotion ran by Corrine White and Viv Jacobs, they want to show how tough women can be

MEXICO

• SOTBPW are still the top dogs, but they have had some bad luck. Champagne Lover got injured whilst holding their top title, leading to a 128-man tournament from workers all over the world. In the final Axxis Jr would semi-severe his spinal column, and is now in a wheelchair. Xtinction would have a similar fate later in the year, breaking his neck and being forced to retire. El Alborotador Confiado got blamed and fired for the original Champagne Lover injury, and El Sucio lost his job when he was caught on tape mocking disabled people. They are still going very strong though, even reintroducing their brand split

• OLLIE’s ownership has changed hands, with Nicolas Lopez taking control, and they are set to start weekly tv in 2018. They will be joined on TV by new promotion Phoenix Wrestling Company, started by Phoenix I. They produce a more over-the-top product, like comic books come to life

• Another promotion making a huge splash is Skull Society, El Sucio’s promotion. A truly shocking promotion, they have a grindhouse product that looks to shock lucha libre. Sucio isn’t trying to join the top companies, he is looking to tear lucha libre down

• Below them you still have EMLL and CILL, and lower down you have the smallest promotion in Mexico, Mexican Hardcore Wrestling. What started off as six friends beating each other up with weapons in an empty factory has become a legitimate outfit thanks to Herb Mackintosh putting his money in to it

BRITISH ISLES

• 21CW are still at the top, and are currently running a promotion wide politically charged storyline. Featuring multiple stables, you have the European Upper-Class, a group who went after 21CW workers due to the company trying to conquer Europe. That led to Nations United forming, another group of foreign workers who want to show not all Europeans are bitter. These two fighting made Jonathon Faust start the Conventialists, a group who want to leave Europe and stick to traditional British wrestling, but Tommy Cornell started the National Pride group in retaliation, as they are proud of what 21CW are doing and feel it is good for British wrestling. Nearly everyone in the company has taken a side.

• SNP are starting to challenge 21CW’s supremacy. They used investment money to start a new reality TV show, Barroom Brawls, which started with shoot fights in pubs, with the last man standing getting an SNP contract and some basic training before being put in a worked tournament. It was a huge hit and they were able to score a regular TV slot because of it, using the hardcore sociopaths from the show as top stars. They have upped the violence and controversy of shows, but also the sex appeal as they now have a women’s division, which is mainly made up of strippers and prostitutes “wrestling” in mud and stripping each other. The British fans love it, much to most old-school fans disgust

• In retaliation to SNP, and due to UK Dragon’s shock as the state of British wrestling, The Great British Faceoff alliance was formed. Six new promotions, in every area of Britain, working together to bring back traditional British values. You have Big Top Wrestling in Ireland, who are taking things back to the carnival days. Camden Underground, who are a modern throwback. Championship Wrestling from Wigan, who treat wrestling as a sport. FEMME, a women’s promotion that mixes MMA style matches with wrestling style entertainment. Proud Welsh Wrestling, a fast and furious promotion. And Scottish Backhold Wrestling, a company that uses old style catch wrestling

JAPAN

• The tsunami hit Japan hard, with the wrestling industry and economy both struggling. All the top groups except WLW have lost big stars and lost a lot of money, with PGHW and BHOTWG no longer the top promotions in the country. WLW have a product that allowed them to not be as rocked by the industry as other so have become a top company, especially now they have added the likes of Sensational Dragon, Marihito Masuko and Mystic Dragon

• They aren’t number one in the country though, that position belongs to inspires. Ex-BHOTWG president Kaneie Komine bought the rights to the original Inspire Diversity Group International, renamed it Inspire Diversity Group Strikes Back, and thanks to wealthy investors they have signed most the top workers in Japan, including the figureheads of PGHW, BHOTWG and GCG. They have a lot of the old roster back, and Kaneie is out for revenge, and to prove he is still the top promoter in Japan

• The Modern Japan Movement helped others survive, that and the huge funds of EXODUS, but SAISHO are just about hanging on and WEXXV are still alive. GCG are around and still featured on weekly TV, whereas 5SSW had to split their roster with new sister promotion, WINNOW. WINNOW are ran by two legends, Crusher Ichihara and Thunder Hike, who were more than happy to come out of retirement and help Sensational Ogiwara keep 5SSW alive, and if anything Joshi wrestling is stronger now than it was before. BCG are the last of the Japanese promotions but have been taken over and booked by a couple of older wrestlers, who have made it their mission to keep themselves relevant no matter how many younger, more talented wrestlers they have to beat

EUROPE

• There is a new top promotion in Europe, with Scandinavian pro wrestling forming in October 2016. Founded by White Knight, they have ripped of the USPW style and are pushing monster heels for both himself and Paolo Gandolfini to overcome. It is a successful formula and SPW could go on to be a major player

• EWA, UEW and VWA are still going strong despite all losing some talents, often to each other. There is still no big promotion that covers the whole of the continent, but surely it is just a matter of time before one of these company’s manages to get to the next level. Finally, there is the Ice Queens of Kiev, a women’s promotion in Eastern Europe that uses a Japanese puro style, with Eva Berlin and Alpha Female coming out of retirement to try and help establish them

OCEANIA

• RAW have gone from strength to strength and moved well into the mainstream of Australian culture. With Swoop McCarthy releasing a rap album under the name Swoop Dogg, and Captain Wrestling II becoming a movie star, the promotion looks unstoppable. The money the A. S. N. Network has made from RAW has allowed them to increase their coverage in Oceania, as well as break into North America and Britain. They are looking to turn RAW into a worldwide force

• Due to the success of RAW a couple of businessmen have looked to break into the wrestling business too. First, Cutting Edge Wrestling were created by Gerald Knights. He is looking to carve his own niche, with high-flying hardcore action. They are on national TV, but that almost wasn’t the case as the other businessman, Barry Fitzgerald, announced his new promotion, Athletic Empire, in a big way when they stole CEW’s original TV slot on their original network. AE are your basic sports entertainment company, although they look to make episodic entertainment for binge-watch viewing. They are booked by the legend Bruce The Giant, and the company is filled with big guys

• Australian Pro Wrestling and Deep Impact Wrestling have managed to survive talent raids over the last couple of years, but they are just small-time promotions now who are desperately trying to bounce back. Below them is Shocking Hardcore Action, a promotion founded by shock jock Horrie Fowler, and they are a company full of adult filth. No one expects them to last very long

ZEN

• ZEN have had some big investments over the years, and have used that money well. First, they created the ZEN network, a worldwide subscription service that allows then to be broadcast in every area of the world. They then created dojo’s and companies in America, Canada, Japan, Europe and Britain. They have become a cult phenomenon, although they still aren’t allowed in Mexico as they see ZEN as an insult to lucha

I hope people enjoy this mod, please post any feedback, or any errors you find with things like spelling, grammar, any employment histories etc. no matter how small please let me know so I can fix it.

A couple of notes:

I decided not to include India in the mod as all the other areas have been expanded, and I feel it could slow down the mod too much. It may be added in future versions of TEW if the area expands over time.

If people could keep an eye on the free pics for me and let me know if I made any mistakes, I am colour blind so really struggled figuring out what race someone people were! I think it is ok, but what I think isn't always right!

The BOH Hades and TITAN Factory dojo's have graduates turned off, as they were hiring dojo graduates who did not fit in with the promotion style at all. So you may want to turn graduates on if you play as these companies, or if you leave them off you might want to not waste money improving them

THE DATABASE LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e9c8zbnxl6mgulp/TEW2020.mdb/file

THE PICTURE FILE LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/s060bktzfaxr0q0/AltCornellVerse2018.rar/file

COMPLETE UPDATE LOG:

1.01 RELEASED (Game and Picture file updated on 22 September 2020)

Starting Injuries Added (I did not realise they didn’t convert over from TEW2016)

Latest renders downloaded

Following six free pictures added

CVFP_WhiteMale_595

CVFP_WhiteMale_596

CVFP_WhiteMale_597

CVFP_BlackMale_150

CVFP_BlackMale_151

CVFP_BlackMale_152

1.02 RELEASED (Game and Picture files updated on 08 October 2020)

Added “personality” attributes to any workers that were missing it (was quite a few begging with “A” so I obviously missed a lot when I was new to doing attributes! These are things like "stalwart" "quiet" etc.

BOH Hiring rules changes (it was “Style MUST be technical striker” should have been “Style CANNOR be technical striker”) – this is a pretty big fix and a stupid mistake on my part, sorry!

Axxess West Coast broadcaster added

INSPIRE logo changed to INSPIRES

Girls, Cars and Violence! Broadcaster requirements adjusted

ZEN Excursions changed (all ZENS could send workers on excursions to other ZEN companies, I liked the idea, the game did not and would just end the agreement right away lol)

Coastal Zone Xtreme title lineage fixed (Kid Fantastic had lost title in 2016, should have been 2017)

Deleted duplicate ELITE titles

Added the following free pics:

CVFP_WhiteMale_598

CVFP_WhiteMale_599

CVFP_WhiteMale_600

CVFP_WhiteMale_601

CVFP_BlackFemale_059

CVFP_WhiteFemale_217

CVFP_WhiteFemale_218

A few render updates and title belt picture updates

1.03 RELEASED (Game and Picture files updated on 07 December 2020)

BOH worker popularity edited (made higher as popularity doesn’t seem to improve like it did in TEW2016, and it was weird guys being on TV for 5 or 6 years and still being unknown)

Worker stats balancing – following some feedback I decided I had been overly conservative in some stats and improvements so boosted some workers skills a bit, nothing too drastic, just gives players a few more exciting workers to pick from

Daryl Bumatai profile fixed

INSPIRES Event Logo’s added

“Notable Ref” attribute added to a few refs

116 Free pictures add:

CVFP_HispanicFemale_050 to CVFP_HispanicFemale_060

CVFP_MaskedFemale_031 to CVFP_MaskedFemale_033

CVFP_HispanicMale_107

CVFP_AsianFemale_104 and CVFP_AsianFemale_114

CVFP_PacificMale_031 to CVFP_PacificMale_035

CVFP_RefMale_032

CVFP_BlackFemale_060 to CVFP_BlackFemale_062

CVFP_WhiteFemale_219 to CVFP_WhiteFemale_243

CVFP_RefFemale_005

CVFP_WhiteFemale_219 to CVFP_WhiteFemale_244

CVFP_MaskedMale_288 to CVFP_MaskedMale_291

CVFP_AsianMale_307 to CVFP_AsianMale_310

CVFP_BlackMale_153 to CVFP_BlackMale_159

CVFP_NativeAmericanMale_002 and CVFP_NativeAmericanMale_003

CVFP_WhiteMale_602 to CVFP_WhiteMale_633

52 Workers added:

Alice Humphreys

Mino Takei

Miyoko Takekawa

Beth Stark

Karen Donovan

Lucy Ferr

Judy Carmack

Grace Forst

Adya Asan

Berenice Calazans

Sofiya Yahontov

Mona Wiklund

The Angel Of Death

Molly

Siberia

Ellen Lashley

Marcus Cox

The Templar Knight

Demon Samurai

Mördarkungen

Freddie Larsson

Joseph Dalli

Mr. Nacho

Príncipe Puma

Flash Dragon

The Narcissist

Erick Amaya

La Gárgola

The New England Patriot

Dan Deals

Famine

Pestilence

War Eagle

Ollie Basham

Seb Shaw

Hendrix Hughes

Rick Horn

Neil Smith

Richard Gibson

Carter Burt

Warrior Spirit

Daddy Cool

Python

Liam Miller

Demon Heart

The Misfit

Don John

Gahtir Salim

Lenny Kane

Brodie The Beautiful

Theodore Francis

Paxton O'Brien

Tag Teams added:

Nijo Kiken

Clowder Chaos

Demon Samurai & Templar Knight

Pestilence And Famine

Two Badass Mother*******

Worker Relationships Added:

Carmack & Mort

Molly & Siberia

Larsson & Griffin

Pestilence And Famine

Graduations:

Marcus Cox (WWA: UK)

Príncipe Puma (WWA: Mexico)

Freddie Larsson (WWA: Europe)

Joseph Dalli (WWA: Europe)

Rick Horn (WWA: Australia)

Neil Smith (WWA: Australia)

Python (Combat Academy)

Demon Heart (Combat Academy)

Don John (WWA: Canada)

Gahtir Salim (WWA: Canada)

Theodore Francis (WWA: Canada)

The Misfit (Combat Academy)

1.04 (RELEASED 19 DECEMBER 2020)

HPO broadcaster now Big in Canada

BOH workers popularity changed to reflect Canadian coverage

Abaddon's Private Security tag team added to BOH

MKUltra stable added to BOH

The California Crime Family stable added to BOH

Followers Of Abaddon stable added to BOH

BOH owned venue Studio 72 created

Another 84 of the CreeperGav yet to debut mod workers added:

Alan Adonis

Arianna Lloyd

Armando Sanchez

Cowboy Chuck Nelson

Cristobal Jiminez

Eddie Valentino

Giant Gregg

Jack Bunton

Johnson Morris

Jorge Alvarez

Kurt Hayes

Lance Cuthill

Lorenzo Estrella

Marvin Payne

Massive Mammoth

Matty Strongarm

Missile Marshall

Moustachio Milano

Nick Narcissist

Nicky Frost

Samson Gillis

Scott Warman

Sharon Devlin

The Anarchy

Vinnie Foster

Adam McLeary

Big V. Lazey

Brendan Bawes

Bradley Bawes

DeJohn Streets

Diego Miralles

Zackary Hopkins

Akane Abe

Ryuji Himura

Alex Rodman

Allegra Lombardi

Amber Bloodstone

Ruby Bloodstone

Bulldog #1

Bulldog #2

Brycen Barry Boatwright

Cameron Copeland

Celestia Copeland

Danny Bradley Jr.

Danny Cassidy

DJ Dunne

DJ Stardog

Dr. Caipirinha

El Conquistador

El Invasor

El Desterrado

El Patron Jr.

Eric Montgomery

Shawn Montgomery

Lacey Montgomery

Robert Montgomery Jr.

Robert Montgomery Sr.

Kyle Montgomery

Frederik Fusker

Henry Hambone

Horus

J.T. Crockett III

Jared Hill

Jason, The Can

Jumping Joey

Kenneth Hiroshi

Kento Inao

Kevin Ducks

Killer Karson

Kira Claybourne

Mannheim Steamroller

Marcos Teotonio

Mason Black

Mustafa The Executioner

Paul Vaughan

PJ Strong

President Takahashi

Remi Moon

Sebastian Sinclair

Sophie Carrasco

The Kiev Behemoth

Thorleif Karlsson

Valerie Flores

Washington Jones

Training Facilities Added:

The Montgomery Power Plant

1.05 RELEASED 06 FEBRUARY 2021

Added a folder in “Belts” picture folder for a lot of generic belts you can use for your company, or company belts that are for companies not in my mod

Thimbleby Langton & Wooton Fitzpaine relationship (Strong Friendship) added

Added Dave Events/Event logo’s

355 free pictures added:

CVFP_NativeAmericanMale_004 to CVFP_NativeAmericanMale_009 added

CVFP_WhiteMale_634 to CVFP_WhiteMale_857

CVFP_IndianMale_094 to CVFP_IndianMale_134

CVFP_HispanicMale_108 to CVFP_HispanicMale_149

CVFP_PacificMale_036 to CVFP_PacificMale_040

CVFP_MaskedMale_293 to CVFP_MaskedMale_329

1.06 RELEASED 10 APRIL 2021

Every worker I created now has a move set, so around 900 move sets created

Washington Jones graduated from fixed

Valerie Flores bio and graduated from fixed

Commander-In-Chief Abdoun bio fixed

Matón Loco Given a mask

Matón Loco added to MHW

Fixed where Pasquale Cantona is active

Rick Richardson changed to non-wrestler

Ricky Jo now has hair

Ron Peck name changed to Gerry And Frankie, Ron peck made an alter ego

Scag now has hair

Montgomery family workers edited to be active at the start of the game

Jim Force attribute “a marketing nightmare” changed to “a marketing dream”

2 new promotions added from Willr0ck CVerse Women’s Revolution mod

205 New workers added:

57 Workers added from Yet Even More CVerse Free Agents mod by demondragonking workers added to the database (with some editing by me to fit the mod)

16 New workers added from Willr0ck CVerse Women’s Revolution mod

132 Of My Own Worker Added:

24 new American workers:

Jocelyne Davidson (2018 Cat’s Lair Graduate)

Big Momma Maddox (2019 Cat’s Lair Graduate)

Sugar Baby Belle (2020 Cat’s Lair Graduate)

Little Miss Naughty (2020 Cat’s Lair Graduate)

Little Miss Nice (2020 Cat’s Lair Graduate)

Shikoba (2021 Cat’s Lair Graduate)

Jaki Hann (2021 Cat’s Lair Graduate)

Kevin Peachey (2018 Mid Atlantic Boot Camp Graduate/works for MAW)

Alex Williamson (2019 Mid Atlantic Boot Camp Graduate)

Jake Denis (2020 Mid Atlantic Boot Camp Graduate)

Brownsville Brawler (2020 Piledriver School Of Wrestling Graduate)

Harry Muncher (2020 Supreme Wrestling University Graduate)

James Meachin (2020 Supreme Wrestling University Graduate)

Roderick Riker (2021 Supreme Wrestling University Graduate)

Rex Nash (2021 Supreme Wrestling University Graduate)

Kurt Roberts (2018 Boone Box Graduate)

The Darkest Warrior (2020 Boone Box Graduate)

Walter Dalton (2019 WWA: USA Graduate)

Archie Griffin (2021 WWA: USA Graduate)

Emily Bronze Added (2021 WWA: USA Graduate)

American Avenger (2018 ZEN Temple Dojo America Graduate)

Melancholy Molly (2020 ZEN Temple Dojo America Graduate)

Amazeing Grace (2021 ZEN Temple Dojo America Graduate)

Robin Nelson (2020 The Montgomery Power Plant Graduate)

24 new Canadian wrestlers:

Ted Kimble (2018 Combat Academy Graduate)

Flash Black (2019 Combat Academy Graduate)

Darren Stephans (2020 Combat Academy Graduate)

The Storm (2021 Combat Academy Graduate)

Jimmy Rodriguez (2018 DeColt Power House Graduate)

Vince Smith (2019 DeColt Power House Graduate)

The Alexithymia Eunuch (2020 DeColt Power House Graduate)

Adrián Cote (2021 DeColt Power House Graduate)

Ken Kwon (2019 Dragon Academy graduate)

Darren Phillips (2019 Dragon Academy graduate)

The Paragon (2020 Dragon Academy graduate)

Joe Whiley (2021 Dragon Academy graduate)

The Spectacle (2021 Dragon Academy graduate)

LaDarrell Mills (2021 Dragon Academy graduate) alter ego

Brian Miller (2018 WWA: Canada graduate)

Richard Boyce (2018 WWA: Canada graduate)

Lindsey Cassidy (2019 WWA: Canada graduate)

Jolene Bahr (2019 WWA: Canada graduate)

Willy Wagstaff (2020 WWA: Canada graduate)

Bobby Pinelli (2020 WWA: Canada graduate)

Isabella Martinez (2021 WWA: Canada graduate)

Valentina Lopez (2021 WWA: Canada graduate)

Teddy Wakefield (2019 ZEN Temple Dojo Canada graduate)

Tom Monger (2020 ZEN Temple Dojo Canada graduate)

14 new Mexican workers:

Captain Charisma (works for PWC)

Dr. Death (works for PWC)

Killblow (works for PWC)

Rojo Asombroso (2019 El Castillo Dojo graduate)

Pura Maldad (2020 El Castillo Dojo graduate)

El Gato Callejero (2021 El Castillo Dojo graduate)

Estrella Fugaz (2018 Lucha Libre de Phoenix graduate)

Héroe Triturador (2019 Lucha Libre de Phoenix graduate)

El Monstruo (2020 Lucha Libre de Phoenix graduate)

Ataque De Abeja (2018 WWA: Mexico graduate)

Huelga De Abejas (2018 WWA: Mexico graduate)

Maquina Sexual (2019 WWA: Mexico graduate)

El Mexicano Nippy (2019 WWA: Mexico graduate)

Wandering Blade (2021 WWA: Mexico graduate)

14 new British workers:

Heavy P (2018 National School Of Wrestling graduate)

Gaston Hardcastle (2020 National School Of Wrestling graduate)

The East London Bad Boy (2021 National School Of Wrestling graduate)

Owain Davies (2021 Nation School Of Wrestling Graduate)

Jordan Crews (2021 National School Of Wrestling Graduate)

Mark Walsh (2021 Ring Of Fire Dojo graduate)

British Samurai II (2022 Ring Of Fire Dojo graduate)

The Whiz Kid (2018 The Dragon’s Lair graduate)

Vikash Parmar (2021 WWA: UK graduate)

Sanjay Patel (2021 WWA: UK graduate)

Pigeon Mask II (2020 ZEN Temple Dojo Britain graduate)

The MILF (2021 ZEN Temple Dojo Britain graduate)

Vincent Cash (Active wrestler)

Elon Price (Active wrestler)

22 new Japanese workers:

Hora Chomei (2018 Golden Dojo graduate)

KENJI (2020 Golden Dojo graduate)

Nakamura Toyotomi (2021 Golden Dojo graduate)

Wakisaka Takuboku (2021 Golden Dojo graduate)

Masaki Seiichi (2018 Hinote Dojo graduate)

Black Demon (2020 Hinote Dojo graduate)

Inaba Hokusai (2021 Hinote Dojo graduate)

Kitagawa Masakado (2020 Ling School graduate)

Kai Shunko (2021 Ling School graduate)

Seta Kano (2021 Ling School graduate)

Koda Kumi (2020 PGHW Dojo graduate)

DEATHTRAP (2021 PGHW Dojo graduate)

Optimus II (2020 Project Arkham School graduate)

Dark Optimus (2021 Project Arkham School graduate)

Ken Murakami (2020 Tokyo Wrestling Dojo graduate)

Yuuma Okamoto (2019 WWA: Japan graduate)

Ichika Takagi (2020 WWA: Japan graduate)

Rio Sugiyama (2021 WWA: Japan graduate)

Daisuke Nomura (2021 WWA: Japan graduate)

Hideaki Abe (2020 ZEN Temple Dojo Japan graduate)

The Grandmaster (2021 ZEN Temple Dojo Japan graduate)

6 European worker added

Bruno Futre (2018 ZEN Temple Dojo Europe graduate)

Eden Dendoncker (2018 WWA Europe graduate)

Mariam Kinkladze (2018 WWA: Europe graduate)

Milan Stuchlíková (2019 WWA: Europe graduate)

Maxime Peeters (2020 WWA: Europe graduate)

Joaquin Alonso (2021 WWA: Europe graduate)

Tomás Ramos (2021 WWA: Europe graduate)

28 Oceania worker added

Soul Burner (2018 Headlock Wrestling School graduate)

Archer Figgis (2018 Headlock Wrestling School graduate)

Ransacker (2018 Headlock Wrestling School graduate)

Pillager (2018 Headlock Wrestling School graduate)

Liam Ryan (2019 Headlock Wrestling School graduate)

Archie Turner (2019 Headlock Wrestling School graduate)

Eli Kelly (2019 Headlock Wrestling School graduate)

Jude McDonald (2020 Headlock Wrestling School graduate)

Asher Colling (2020 Headlock Wrestling School graduate)

Psych Ward (2021 Headlock Wrestling School graduate)

Bruce Jack (2021 Headlock Wrestling School graduate)

Jody Harrison (2021 Headlock Wrestling School graduate)

Adam Cook (2021 headlock Wrestling School graduate)

Michael Campbell (2018 WWA: Australia graduate)

Carl Kennedy (2018 WWA: Australia graduate)

William Kennedy (2018 WWA: Australia graduate)

Sydney Stampede (2019 WWA: Australia graduate)

Aaron Fisher (2019 WWA: Australia graduate)

Muhammad Kidman (2020 WWA: Australia graduate)

Oliver Baker (2020 WWA: Australia graduate)

The Forgotten Son (2021 WWA: Australia graduate)

The Deceased (2021 WWA: Australia graduate)

Universal Soldier (2018 ZEN Temple Dojo graduate)

Star Fighter (2018 ZEN Temple Dojo graduate)

Captain Blood (2020 ZEN Temple Dojo graduate)

Wonder Boy (2020 ZEN Temple Dojo graduate)

The Welder (2021 ZEN Temple Dojo graduate)

609 Free Pictures Added:

CVFP_BlackMale_160 to CVFP_BlackMale_277

CVFP_AsianMale_311 to CVFP_AsianMale_379

CVFP_IndianFemale_010 to CVFP_IndianFemale_019

CVFP_NativeAmericanFemale_002 to CVFP_NativeAmericanFemale_006

CVFP_WhiteFemale_245 to CVFP_WhiteFemale_373

CVFP_PacificFemale_004 to CVFP_PacificFemale_005

CVFP_MiddleEastFemale_004

CVFP_HispanicFemale_061 to CVFP_HispanicFemale_084

CVFP_BlackFemale_063 to CVFP_BlackFemale_123

CVFP_AsianFemale_115 to CVFP_AsianFemale_140

CVFP_MaskedFemale_034 to CVFP_MaskedFemale_043

CVFP_PacificMale_040 to CVFP_PacificMale_046

CVFP_HispanicMale_150 to CVFP_HispanicMale_161

CVFP_MaskedMale_330 to CVFP_MaskedMale_336

CVFP_WhiteMale_858 to CVFP_WhiteMale_1034

CVFP_MiddleEast_007 to CVFP_MiddleEast_008

1.07 RELEASED 24 APRIL 2021

Fixed the issue with title belts being set to debut in the future

CWW King Of The North title lineage fixed

NYCW King Of New York tournament set to take place at NYCW King Of New York event

0DrqbIs.jpg

United States Pro Wrestling

fceiuf5.png

Current Champions:

USPW World – Bryan Vessey

USPW National – KC Glenn

USPW Television – Danny Fonzarelli

USPW World Tag Team – Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine

ugkdkQP.png

USPW have continued to go from strength to strength, becoming an international company and they are by far the biggest company in the world. They have signed up more top names, giving themselves a fantastic main event scene. However, they have neglected their lower card workers and most of them are suffering from a lack of momentum. There is also a party culture seeping in, with lots of drink, partying and ego in the USPW locker room. With the likes of 21CW, NOTBPW, SOTBPW and RAW starting to get noticed in America, as well as SWF and TCW still looking to get back on top, USPW are going to have to keep going all out to remain the top dogs in the wrestling world. They have added a second TV show, a “B” level show called USPW Flag, Eagle, Fight!

9yND18T.png

In 2016 they added ex-football players Ross Henry and T-Bone Bright, with Henry being positioned near the top of the card on his name value alone. T-Bone Bright has gone on to form a good tag team with another ex-footballer in Julius Moor, known as The Bone Crushers. However, all their other big signings that year came from their rivals. In March 2016 they signed Brandon James from the SWF and he is now one of USPW’s top heels, gong by the name Big Money Brandon. Two months later they would also sign American Machine and Kurt Laramee from rivals SWF. American Machine hasn’t really achieved too much, but Kurt Laramee is an ex Television champion, winning the title in early 2017. However, the biggest impact has been behind the scenes, becoming on one of the biggest backstage bullies in wrestling, taking a particularly dim view to anyone who want drink with the veterans.

eyziykK.png

In June 2016 USPW also signed a top-level wrestler from their other rivals, TCW. Sammy Bach was hired on a lucrative contract and has become a former National title champion and a main event heel. He has started dating Dharma Gregg and the two of them have started seeing themselves as a power couple within wrestling, and apparently their egos are out of control. Despite Bach now being a top heel for the company he actually debuted as babyface. His signing ended up causing shockwaves throughout USPW as Rick Law v Steve Frehley was booked as the headline match at Independence Day Slam! The next month, with Rick Law set to finally win the world title. However, Frehley used the fact that Bach was debuting to convince USPW to change plans, having the heel Frehley go over in order to feud with Bach. This would be the start of a real-life Rick Law and Steve Frehley feud and the start of the end of Law in USPW. Frehley would turn multiple workers against Law, and in June 2017 Law would quit the company.

Dg9Cszy.png

However, back to 2016, after already tempting the likes of Steve Frehley, Rich Money and Brandon James away from SWF USPW would finally get their holy grail in Remo Richardson, signing him in August. USPW would reignite the Remo v Frehley feud, with Remo beating a now babyface Frehley in the main event of Thanksgiving Thunder! for the world title, a match that would end up winning the match of the year award in the end of year awards. Their last two signings of 2016 would both be from TCW. First, Titan, who would be put back together with Atlas. Second, Danny Fonzarelli who chose USPW over SWF due to the amount of money they were offering. In July 2017 he would win the television title and become the first man to win titles in USPW, SWF, TCW and DAVE.

aNiqxPO.png

GpcSti8.png

In 2017 USPW made a couple of controversial decisions. First, they scrapped their women’s division, releasing all their female in-ring talent. This would end up having huge ramifications in the wrestling world. Once the women’s division was scrapped and they turned their attention to another plan of theirs, having a development company. Instead of simple creating their own with the money they had they instead decided to go after CZCW and MAW talent, hoping to put either company into bankruptcy. In January alone they were sign Cheetah Boy and Roderick Remus from MAW and Masked Cougar, Donnie J and Britney Hollywood from CZCW. Over the next few months they would sign a total of five talents from CZCW and seven from MAW. CZCW would be able to withstand the offers, but MAW would be forced to sell up and now they are an USPW owned company.

q42cqxa.png

To go with these MAW and CZCW signings USPW also continued to sign more SWF and TCW workers, first hiring Valiant in March. His gimmick has fit in perfectly in USPW and he became very popular very quickly, however when his time to win the World title came Remo would use his creative control to block the title change, the second time in a row a heel had the finish of Independence Day Slam! changed. Valiant and Remo now have a deep hatred of each other and Valiant has seen his motivation take a hit, getting a bit of a gut and his performances are suffering as a result. In June they would sign Bryan Vessey from TCW, and he would end up being the one booked to beat Remo for the title, winning it in the main event of Thanksgiving Thunder! Their third massive main event signing of 2017 was Joey Minnesota, a man who did everything he could to be fired by SWF so they he could jump ship. A terrible backstage influence, Minnesota has also been joined by his protégé KC Glenn and the two of them are said to be causing no end of trouble.

xQxJplc.png

While they were USPW’s three biggest signings of the year they would also sign the likes of Joe Sexy from SWF, as well as five different NOTBPW wrestlers. With NOTBPW starting to get noticed in the USA USPW would start to target their workers too, signing Mighty Cavanagh and Cameron Vessey. However, the next three they hired despite the fact they had already quit the Canadian company. Omar Brown, Harlem Haynes and Derek Frost would join USPW and have all settled in well enough. Their last signing of 2017 would be a shock one, as they would poach Manhunter from Australian promotion RAW. This would cause a war between the two companies that are hoping to go global. USPW are the only international company in the world, but they are looking to prevent any other company reaching the same status.

F18QbVR.png

Despite these positives there have been negatives in 2017 for USPW too. Rick Law wouldn’t be the only wrestler to quit the company that year, in fact he wouldn’t even be the first. The month before Law quit Running Wolf would after an incident where Cameron Vessey would spike his drink with alcohol after being pressured into it by Kurt Laramee. With Wolfs Dad being an alcoholic Wolf is dead set against drinking, so he was furious at this incident and left the promotion. There is an on-going lawsuit stemming from this incident. There have been more and more reports of USPW workers getting drunk and partying constantly, with a really bad culture setting into the company. There have been many reports of workers getting pushes based simple n the fact they are one of the boys and willing to party with the vets. With many rifts forming it was no surprise that people were unhappy, but no one expected there to be a mass walkout like there was in August 2017 when Chris Caulfield, Jumbo Jackson, T-Rex, Petr Novak and Tribal Warrior would all leave the company, with Freddie Datsun backing out on joining them at the last minute. There final casualty of the year was Rich Money, who chose not to renew his contract in December and instead moved on to Total Championship Wrestling. Despite being loading with talent USPW is also full of big ego’s and things are in danger of unravelling backstage.

6QtWGqn.png

14sxpdI.jpg

Supreme Wrestling Federation

FIDuoCE.png

Current Champions:

SWF World Heavyweight – Scotty Supreme

SWF North America – Reverend John Greed

SWF Shooting Star – Jimmy Hernandez

SWF World Tag Team – Scythe & Hellion

U1Qpm2e.png

SWF have found themselves in a bit of a slump in recent years after the emergence of USPW. Losing so many top stars has left them a shell of what they once were, and in November 2016 the company had no choice but to give in to Jack Bruce's demands when his contract came up for renewal, as they knew losing Bruce could have been the final nail in the coffin. So that, my friends, is how Jack Bruce became the head booker of the SWF!

mAGJXYI.png

Now at mediumlevel, the company is certainly in a transitional state right now. Over the last two years there has been no end of turnover on their roster, losing big names like Brandon James, Joey Morgan and Vengeance among many others, and they have signed or called up around 27 new workers. With a massive roster of 49 workers they have an active Shooting Star division, a thriving tag division and six active stables. Unfortunately, Bruce is still learning on the job so the company is lacking some direction, is it the land of the giants? Is it a place where high flyers can thrive? Is turning everyone heel really the answer to all their problems, or is it just creating extra problems? They have recently introduced a new “B” show, SWF Uprising, just to try and give everyone a bit of screen time.

AxcYzap.png

2oPYNH1.png

There was also been a shift in focus towards more gimmicks, with the roster now including pirates (Hugh DeAske and Emmy) a rapper and his entourage (Lenny Brown, Cali Slick, Busta Capp and Lil Henry) Demons led by a cult leader (Rev. John Greed, Scythe, Hellion and Lassana Makutsi's new character "Effigy") and a terrible Live Action Role Play gimmick, Parker the LARPer, a gimmick that may be the worst in history and a potential career killer for Steven Parker. Oh, and the less said about the Unsafe Sad Pathetic Wrestlers (or USPW for short) stable the better.

Q02WTaG.png

So, while there is all change in the SWF midcard, the main event scene has changed too. In June 2016 Big Smack Scott turned down a huge, lucrative contract from USPW in order to stay with the SWF, and when the fans found out he began getting face pops no matter what he did. SWF went with this, eventually turning him face and changing his name to the one's the fans had started chanting "Scotty Supreme". Riding a huge wave of momentum Scotty Supreme rose up the card at lightning speed, and eventually captured the SWF World Heavyweight title in the main event of The Supreme Challenge, and is now one of the top babyfaces in North America. At the same event Skull DeBones had his last match in SWF, losing to Scythe in a passing of the torch moment.

Z98hdLF.png

Perhaps the most significant change in SWF has been the hiring of BHOTWG’s NEO stable, with Koshiro Ino, Yasuhiko Taira and Yasunobu Masuno becoming a hugely popular babyface trio. They not only add some much needed star power but they have put on some great matches too. With Angry Gilmore and the now Robert Retro locked in a fantastic heated feud Robert Retro is becoming a main event heel and putting on some great performances. With Des Davids playing a character that wants to leave for USPW, Eric Eisen playing the company’s defender, The Crippler and Rogue still going strong and Rev. John Greed breaking the main event scene things at the top of the company are looking good. If Jack Bruce can organise the roster, decide what he wants the company to be rather than a mix-match of clumsy big men and talented high flyers, and if he can resist turning the whole roster heel, things could begin to click as SWF plot their way back to the top.

WCVsZE5.png

oZhO7AE.jpg

South Of The Border Pro Wrestling

0wnhSsD.png

Current Champions:

Lucha Libre Brand

Campeónato del Mundo SOTBPW – Velocidad

Campeón de Junior SOTBPW – El Serpiente

Campeanatos de Parejas SOTBPW – Demon Seed and Snap Dragon

Campeanatos de Tríos SOTBPW – Aniquilación and Hijo Del Mephisto and Destrucción

Televisión Brand

Campeonato Mundial SOTBPW – El Leon

Campeónato de Menor SOTBPW – Chess Maniac

Campeonato de Equipo de Etiqueta SOTBPW - Rudy Valasquez and Hector Galindo

Campeón de Tres SOTBPW - Samael The Accuser and Phobia and Lunatic

85QVh4O.png

South Of The Border Pro Wrestling continue to rule over Mexico, by far the biggest company in Mexico it looks unlikely that anyone will be able to challenge them for a long time to come. With two “A” shows and a 80 man strong roster, SOTBPW bought back their famous brand split at the beginning of 2017.

oZxOrUZ.png

Things didn’t get off to a great start for SOTBPW in 2016 though when figurehead, top star and Campeónato del Mundo Champagne Lover got injured in a match against El Alborotador Confiado. Lover would suffer a major concussion, forcing him to miss a year of action, and despite the fact it was a complete accident Confiado would end up taking the blame and would lose his job. With no champion SOTBPW came up with a historic solution. Using talent from across the globe they took the best wrestlers in the world and put them in a 128-man knockout tournament, although technically it was 127 when it turned out Scarlet Scarab had entered himself twice, once as himself and also under a different mask calling himself Alias. The tournament took place over two months, with the final match taking place between Axxis Jr and Pablo Rodriguez at Batalla Real. Axxis was supposed to go over and become the new face of the company, but tragedy would strike as he slipped performing a shooting star press and suffered a career ending injury. SOTBPW officials weren’t sure what to do and tried to give Pablo the belt by forfeit, but in a completely unscripted moment he refused to accept the title.

lgeva3B.png

That act would turn Rodriguez tecnico, and the losing quarter and semi-finalists would fight each other for the chance to face Rodriguez for the title, with Soul Taker coming out on top. At SOTBPW Infierno Pablo Rodriguez would defeat Soul Taker in the main event to finally capture the Campeónato del Mundo, but it would be the shortest title reign in the company’s history when immediately after the match Referee Ramirez would announce that Multimillonario had a title shot, and he would quickly defeat a hurt Pablo Rodriguez to win the title. The next night SOTBPW management for sack Ramirez and were about to strip Multimillonario of the title, but he would bring out his lawyer Padre Carrasco who made sure that his client would keep the belt. Multimillonario would become the number one heel in all of Mexico, holding the title for 14 months, but also forming the The Golden Kings stable with Padre, Pharaoh King and El Rey. At one point Multimillonario was even a triple title holder, holding the Campeanatos de Parejas titles with Pharaoh King and the three of them held the Campeanatos de Tríos. The booking of the end of tournament made Pharaoh King and Multimillonario huge rudo stars, and Pablo Rodriguez one of the most popular tecinco’s, and when Velocidad would finally end Multimillonario Campeónato del Mundo run he was a made man too. The booking team have been hugely praised for taking what could have been a horrible situation and dealing with it, not only overcoming two shocking injuries but thriving through adversity.

D6wlavT.png

Many of the outsiders who took part in the tournament were hired full-time at some point after, leading the brand split. With Champagne Lover injured and unsure if he would return El Leon was chosen to be the company’s new figurehead and the Televisión brands first ever Campeonato Mundial. His performances throughout the whole of 2017 would help him win the wrestler of the year award. There are lots of new names on the SOTBPW roster, but perhaps two of the most exciting are two Americans they took from the SWF, Randy and Zimmy Bumfhole. The duo are two of the most talented wrestlers in the world and hopefully they will finally be able to fulfil their potential. However, Axxis Jr and Champagne Lover wouldn’t be the only wrestlers to suffer horrible injuries, in August 2016 Xtinction would suffer a career ending broken neck when the ropes would snap during one of his matches.

LZkWwGo.png

Eventually Champagne Lover would return, and so too would Xtinction albeit retired from in-ring competition. Xtinction would talk about a curse in SOTBPW, something he felt was proven in April 2017 when Champagne Lover would suffer another injury, a broken ankle on the set of a TV show he was making a guest appearance on. Eventually the former Mystery Man, now Aniquilación, and Hijo Del Mephisto would attack Lover with Xtincsion acting as their ring leader and forming the La Maldición de México stable. El Héroe Mexicano would join his mentor in fighting them off, but they would lose a tag team match when the former Jormungand, now Destrucción, would join the group. Xtinction would continue to talk about a curse, and the next month we would find out he meant there was literally a curse in SOTBPW as El Héroe Mexicano would turn on Champagne Lover, injure him again, and change his mask behind a sheet and revealing himself to be El Curso. This new rudo character is far removed from his tecnico one and could be his ticket to the top. Lover would actually bring in the Bumfholes, now going by the tag name The Killer B’s, to be his backup and this is now one of the hottest feuds in lucha today.

OIdoYAb.png

LHkmqZC.jpg

Total Championship Wrestling

G49e1VG.png

Current Champions:

TCW World Heavyweight – Wolf Hawkins

TCW International – Matthew Keith

TCW World Tag Team – Scout and Guide

Jason Azaria Trophy 2017 Winner – Wolf Hawkins

PDuR2sT.png

Total Championship Wrestling had a strong 2016 with Rocky Golden winning the world heavyweight title at their first event of the year, Malice In Wonderland. TCW’s tactic of making Golden the focal point of pretty much every TV show and event worked well and he is one of the main reasons that the company has been able to stay at national level. He held the championship until December of that year before dropping the title to Eddie Peak, who finally received a well deserved main event push. Despite a strong 2016 they did have some setbacks, the first one being Joel Bryant not renewing his contract as he was unhappy at losing the head booker role. Losing Sammy Bach to USPW a few months later was a big blow, and while Titan leaving for the same company was frustrating, it didn’t really have the same impact. In December 2016 Danny Fonzarelli would also leave to join the world’s number one promotion on a lucrative contract, although the joke was on USPW as they were planning on letting him go anyway to concentrate on youth. However, the biggest blow to TCW in 2016 was the sudden death of commentator Jason Azaria in August when he was involved in a car accident. A much-loved member of the roster, his death affected everyone and the company now hosts an annual tournament in his honour.

wFG2zJU.png

2017 did not start so well for TCW though, in January Ricky Dale Johnson called time on his in-ring career after never quite getting his passion back after Azaria’s death. He lost at Malice in Wonderland to Wolf Hawkins in a career v career match, however that wouldn’t be the only in-ring career to end that night. In tragic circumstances Troy Tornado would break his neck on the same PPV, cutting short his career. He now works backstage in TCW as a road agent. Brent Hill, who has retired the month before himself, was already planning a hiring spree of young talent, but was gifted some top workers from Japan too. In January 2017 Eisaku Kunomasu and Seiji Jimbo joined the company after leaving PGHW to help them deal with their financial issues the Japanese tsunami had caused. They have made an excellent addition to TCW and are settling in really well. However, it was the following month where TCW really shook things up, signing seven of the top young independent workers the country has to offer.

kffL6MR.png

In February 2017 Davis Wayne Newton, Ernest Youngman, Jackpot Jordan, Jake Idol, Kirk Jameson, Nelson Callum and Roy Edison all began working for TCW. With Xavi Ferrara and Greg Gauge having already joined the company in 2016, and Hollywood Bret Starr, Logan Wolfspaine, Matthew Keith and Running Wolf joining later in 2017 TCW now has a roster full of young talents that couple develop into future stars. Despite losing the likes of Benny Benson and Edd Stone there is still enough veteran talent left in the company to help them along, and the signing of James Prudence in October 2017 could also end up being an important one as he works with the less experienced talent. At the moment it is Bret Starr, Jay Chord, Greg Gauge and Matthew Keith look the most likely to break into the main event scene and they are putting on some fantastic matches. However, there is also Roy Edison who could be a dark horse for future success. After a great spell in FCW he has become a technician, and his five-minute challenge segments, where opponents have five minutes to survive being in the ring with him, have been a big hit with fans.

1Z619d7.png

While the midcard is dominated by young talents it is experienced veterans who have been able to break into the main event. In November 2016 Raymond Diaz signed with the company and began destroying everyone and his popularity exploding. In December 2017 he defeated Eddie Peak in an I Quit loser leaves TCW match and he is now one of TCW’s most popular babyfaces. However, nothing can compare to Rocky Golden and Wolf Hawkins. The two are the lead faces of the company and everything has been done to make sure they remain the most over workers in the company. The likes of Joshua Taylor and Human Arsenal have been turned heel just to give them fresh opponents and the formula has worked well. Another new face to the main event is American Buffalo, with TCW losing the likes of Troy Tornado, Ricky Dale Johnson, Joel Bryant and Brent Hill to retirement and Sammy Bach and Bryan Vessey to USPW Total Championship Wrestling were struggling to find fresh opponents for Golden and Hawkins, which led to Buffalo getting the biggest push of his career. Running a winning streak gimmick he was put into a feud with Rocky Golden, and while Golden would inevitably win the feud Buffalo was treated as a genuine threat and it made him a star in the eyes of the fans. The last and perhaps most important fresh face to TCW joined the company in November 2017. Tired of the politics and partying in USPW former USPW and SWF champion Rich Money decided to jump to TCW for a fresh start. He is apparently determined to become TCW champion too, feeling winning the top title in all three companies will cement him as a legend.

bCrs4aW.png

hJiL5NG.png

vCOnJEf.jpg

21st Century Wrestling

9e2aQFL.png

Current Champions:

21st Century World – Jonathan Faust

21st Century United Kingdom – Beast Bantom

21st Century Catch As Catch Can – Darin Flynn

21st Century Tag Team – Mark Adonis and Mass Hulk

XBJO95c.png

21CW have continued to grow over the years, and have become dominant in both the British Isles and Europe. When the new NetStream service opened in August 2017 they began airing 21CW shows and now the British company has good exposure in North America and are looking to break into that market too. They hope to become an international promotion, but perhaps lack the star power that the likes of USPW and RAW have.

8UB7O3B.png

In 2016 they had a few additions to their roster, signing the latest National School Of Wrestling dojo graduates, and signing some top talents from Europe. They have hired the Johansson Brothers, Landon Mallory, Konrad Makinen and Michel Gregory. They also picked up Padraig O'Hearne after he left SNP. They also lost a couple of workers, first Wade Orson after he had given both Rolling Johnny Stones and Luke Cool concussions over the last couple of years, which led to complaints of him being reckless. Then in December 2016 Phillip Cooper was found to be a regular user of prostitutes so found himself fired. In June 2016 Grave Digger shocked everyone by defeating Adam Matravers for the 21CW world title, a title he would hold for over a year and a reign that turned him into a huge star.

GfxtUic.png

2017 didn’t get off to the best start as Dark Angel and brother Harry Wilson both left the company to try and help rebuild the British wrestling scene. A couple of months later 21CW hired the 2017 Nation School Of Wrestling Graduates, their only signings all year other than Menace, who was hired in September. They would freshen up the roster in other ways though, writing out Joe Simpson, BW Eddie and Michael X. They were wrote out after a new stable formed, the European Upper-Class. Founded by The Red Dragons and The Ivanoff Brothers, the EU are a group of European wrestlers who are fighting back against 21CW for their European invasion. The EU’s founding was the begging of a massive and ambitious company wide civil war storyline that 21CW would attempt.

ZJ1muvy.png

Begging with The EU forming and taking out members of the roster, the EU would eventually be taken over by Buff Martinez who is their current leader. The EU stable would eventually be countered by the Nations united stable, led by Sebastian Koller. They are a stable of wrestlers from different nations who are happy that 21CW expanded and just want to be a part of it. With two fractions fighting it out, neither of which are dominated by British wrestlers, Jonathan Faust started blaming all the violence of Jeff Nova, saying it was his European expansion that went against traditional British Values. Faust would start his own group, The Conventialists, a group that wants out of Europe is dead set against the North American Expansion. While some believe it is just Faust finding henchmen to keep the 21st Century World title around his waist, many people have bought into his message, with both faces and heels joining him for their own reasons. One man who completely disagrees with Faust is Tommy Cornell, and he has created the National Pride movement, another group of wrestling who have a more modern view of wrestling and want to take the company global. The two groups have been at war for months and it shows no sign of slowing down. It has divided friendships and spit families, as is the case with Tommy and Edward, as Edward as taken Fausts side. With only four workers not affiliated with a stable, the whole company is fighting to come out on top. It has ended friendships and teams, with Buff Martinez turning on J-B-Cash, Stevie Stout going against Faust and siding with Cornell, Edward Cornell choosing Faust over his own brother etc it has created many twists and turns and no one can trust anyone else. It has also made stars out of the likes of War Machine and Daniel Black Francis, with War Machine playing the hired gun role for anyone that’ll pay, and DBF being a fantastic lone wolf, taking no sides and fighting everyone equally. Brickhouse Balder is another who has moved up the card, becoming Buff Martinez’s number two and a very protected worker.

0Cds2EC.png

EpJiRi3.jpg

ZEN: Original

j8umyNN.png

Current Champions:

ZEN:O Master – Kalliope Woodchuck

ZEN:O Conceptual – Killer B

ZEN:O Harmony – Super Zero and Vertigo

i4zxyJd.png

It has been an eventful few years for the small lucha promotion. In February 2016 the wacky ZEN promotion from New Zealand had their head booker, Cyanide, poached by Australian company RAW. Many felt that could have been the beginning of the end for them, but owner Halloween Knight took his time to interview multiple candidates to replace him, before decided on Pumpkin Jack. Jack stepped into the role flawlessly and managed to keep ZEN’s momentum going. A few months later ZEN received a sizeable donation to keep the company alive, and Halloween Knight came up with an ambitious plan. He created a tiny but global online subscription service called The ZEN Network. This gave ZEN worldwide exposure, and allowed ZEN to create new company’s in different areas of the world, that were all linked financially and could share talent.

VeSIrrg.png

The original ZEN itself has gone through some roster changes, they lost the aforementioned Cyanide, who took Buckminster Snark with him, and later in the year they lost SubUrban Legend too, again to RAW. They did brifly have The Brat Pack working for them, a tag team who instantly became their biggest stars, but they moved on January 2017. Perhaps their most successful new recruit has been Seeker, an Australian brawler who is also a good high flyer, his religious gimmick got him over, but a great run with the Conceptual title, where he claimed it was the word of god, but him on the map. ZEN have had some other unexpected issues though, with a hole in the space time continuum bringing through alternative universe versions of members of their roster, in a couple of cases female versions of their male workers, but also an evil version of Kalliope Woodchuck.

1Bfr8RL.png

Speaking of Kalliope, she has become a top star for ZEN, after letting herself go slightly she developed a bit of a gut, but instead of being ashamed she acted proud, showing body confidence and showing that all people of all shapes and sizes are beautiful. Her feud with the body-shaming Damian Dastardly made her a star, and to his credit Dastardly sold her offence perfectly on his way to dropping the ZEN:O Master title to her. In December 2017 ZEN lost three of their top faces, Devilfish, Man O’War and Lone Shark, who had only returned in February, as they all joined the British version of Zen, ZEN: London.

prfyZt9.png

aXKD5V8.jpg

North Of The Border Pro Wrestling

Z8xK3Lt.png

Current Champions:

NOTBPW Canadian – Johnny Bloodstone

NOTBPW Mens – Harrison Hash

NOTBPW Womens - Killer Kass

NOTBPW Tag Team – Julian Watson and Jared Johnson

NOTBPW Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup – Jack and Steve DeColt (2017 Winners)

cTqRHkv.png

In the last two years no company has gone through a bigger transformation than North Of The Border Pro Wrestling, or have been as influential. It all started in March 2016 when the forward thinking and innovative Victoria Stone-McFly hired Joanne Rodriguez to join the company, but came up with the unique idea of doing so with camera's rolling. J-Ro's medical, contract signing and first three months with the company was all filmed, 24/7, for a reality TV show called "Fighting In A Man's World". The show was a complete success and made Rodriguez an instant star and bought more eye's to NOTBPW than ever before. If the show made her a star, it was the follow up film a year later that made her an icon, the likes not seen in wrestling since Champagne Lover in Mexico, and the whole thing has changed the way women's wrestling is seen, with more female based companies opening up in both USA and America.

P6igiBH.png

In 2016 they also signed Jaime Quinn and Sara Marie York from AAA, two of the best talents of any gender in North America and arguable NOTBPW was begging to build one of the best women’s divisions ever seen in a major company. However, it was in January 2017 USPW ended their women’s division and NOTBPW quickly swooped up Melody, Missy Masterson and Tiffany Jade, as well as Alicia Strong the next month, that for the first time it was the females that were arguably beginning to out-shine the male workers in the company. With the success of J-Ro and the level of performances the women were putting on, Victoria made the brave and risky step of making the NOTBPW divisions completely integrated with the men. With men and women fighting on equal settings for the first time in a major company there was a real chance it could alienate fans, and three workers even quit the company over the decision (Derek Frost, Omar Brown and Harlem Hayes). It has proven to be a HUGE success though, and for the first time the Canada company looks to be competing with the top American companies on a global scale. The whole thing has boosted the entire wrestling industry in Canada and gates and revenue are through the roof.

ipNwc97.png

UIYYxh8.png

While there has been a lot of new women signed, the roster hasn’t become bloated due to the amount of workers that have left over the years. Flash, Kinuye Mushashibo and Lord James King were released when their contracts ran out, Alexander Robinson was released when Lee Bennett retired. They have also lost Mighty Cavanagh and Cameron Vessey to USPW once they began to feel threatened by NOTBPW. Owen Love and The Natural decided also decided to leave for CZCW after over a decade each in the promotion. However, they have also added more talent previously unmentioned to the company, the likes of Killer Kass, some House Of Stone graduates and Kid Fantastic have all been signed, as well as highly respected veterans Bryan Holmes and Squeaky McClean from SWF, as well as Japanese talents VENOM and Yoshii Shiomi. However, it is three other more familiar talents that have had the biggest impact.

aEySgK0.png

Until Joanne Rodriguez exploded in popularity Steve DeColt was without a doubt the biggest star in Canada and one of the biggest heel draws in the countries history. In 2016 he continued to dominate, winning his forth Canadian title in April 2016 and outing on sensational performances almost on a weekly bases, leading to him winning 2016;s wrestler of the year. While it was odd having a DeColt dominate NOTBPW it became even weirded in November 2016 when he was joined by his Brother Jack, following Jack’s falling out with CGC owner and their other brother Alex. Just like Steve, Jack turned out to be a natural heel and was able to garner insane heat almost immediately and has also became a major star for what was his family’s rival company. Jack would become a Canadian champion too in January 2017, dethroning Duane Stone. The feud of Duane Stone and Sean McFly against both DeColts would dominate the promotion throughout 2017, and things took an interesting turn in September when the last active DeColt, Ricky, would also join NOTBPW. Whereas his brothers joined the company’s as hated heels, Ricky made his debut by saving Duane from having his ankle broken by his brothers and spent his first month in the promotion trying to bring peace to the company. However, in the build up to the Nirvana In November event the DeColt’s would challenge Duane and Sean McFly to a six man tag team match, claiming their brother was joining their side. For weeks Ricky denied this, and while Duane and Sean, with partner Tim Westybrook, would be ready for the six man tag Jack and Steve started partner less. The commentators kept speculating whether or not Ricky would join them, and eventually the DeColts would have a chair wrapped around Duane’s head and Ricky would come out to stop them breaking his neck. With Sean McFly then thinking it was Ricky who had introduced the chair the two would brawl, when out from the crowd came Edd Stone who would come off the top rope with legdrop onto the chair to take out his brother, pick up the win and align himself with the DeColts. Edd is back to get revenge on the family that he claims abandoned him, and now the DeColts and Stone feud with off the charts and is another reason why NOTBPW are continuing to expand and grow.

FLRWr1M.png

M4GcQZP.png

QMqNskY.jpg

Revolution Australian Wrestling

pb9Xbhz.png

Current Champions:

RAW Television – Skyscraper

RAW Quest – Nicky Gilbert

RAW Tag Team – Big Rig & Diesel Dan

E99KozD.png

Another company looking to go international are the Australian company Revolution Australian Wrestling. Their expansion is helped by the mainstream appeal of their two biggest stars, Captain Wrestling II and Swoop McCarthy. In April 2016 Captain Wrestling II left to star in action film Maximum Madness, a film which received some praise from critics but was a massive hit with action fans. He got himself into amazing shape and has the look of a true action star, and that helped him land a second feature film in 2017 too. Swoop however broke into the mainstream in a different way, releasing a modern classic rap album Straight Outta Melbourne, under the name Swoop Dogg. Both Captains film and Swoops album had worldwide success, making them genuine celebrities. This helped the A.S.N. network break into new areas, expanding into North America and Britain.

yhLGVzp.png

As for RAW themselves they have gone through a few changes, in February 2016 they decided things needed to be freshened up, so they hired ZEN head booker Cyanide to be their new head booker. His first signing would be Buckminster Snark, who is the latest member of the Wayne family, going by the name Karl Wayne. A month later the company was dealt a cruel blow as Loxley Robbins was ruled out with torn rotator cuff, and some botched surgery meant he is still out to this day. RAW would let Horton & Heaths contracts run down that same month, March, and in June The Brat Pack would choose to leave too. To help bring some numbers back to the roster they would raid APW, bringing in Nathan McKenzie and the God’s Gift tag team of Spiffy Stan Standish and Alexander Banks. God’s Gift were initially bought in as a readymade replacement for the Brat Pack, which unfortunately backfired for them as the fans just saw them as a cheap knock-off. A few months later in November 2016 RAW also raided Deep Impact Wrestling, taking both their current singles champion Tombstone and tag champions The Bad Truckers, almost killing the promotion.

cQPBqro.png

2017 was less eventful in terms of comings and goings, they did hire a few wrestlers with rookie Turner Crash making the biggest impact. With a gimmick of a “wrestler hunter” he hosts his own TV show on the TV show where he attacks or provokes other wrestlers. RAW did lose Manhunter to USPW towards the end of the year, but that has actually helped Skyscraper become a huge solo star. With Loxley Robbins still injured, The Captain off making movies and Swoop on tour it has allowed Kerry Wayne to spend a lot of time as their time babyface worker, and allowed the likes of Frogue Element and new tag partner SubUrban Legend step up. Recently Echo was turned face to help balance the roster, although it is an unnatural role for him and he is struggling slightly.

oTJ8BgV.png

With two huge mainstream stars, a tonne of star power, two A shows and a network that now covers four different areas RAW are in with a great chance of becoming an international or global company. The only issue they have is how unimportant Australia is to the wrestling world and they often struggle to stay above cult in their homeland.

c0pFKpJ.png

9vWMYZe.png

H0GF0Mw.jpg

Battles Of Hell

ffgQUu8.png

Current Champion:

Ruler Of Hell - Abaddon

8qUvQSs.png

*NOTE* The bio pictures of Abaddon, Doctor O’Haire, Empusa Richard Lawson, Leper Messiah, Jesse Gallagher and Joseph Matranga are BOH specific alter-ego’s, so obviously if you went to Roger Cage (for example’s) profile it would be very different. The Silencer profile is his usual one, not his BOH alter ego.

MlAl20Q.png

For years well-known genius Dunton Hall had made no secret of the fact he was a massive wrestling fan, often saying that he would love nothing more than to join the business when the time was right. Many people had speculated just what a Dunton Hall promotion would be like, but the one thing everyone agreed on was that it would likely be like nothing anyone had seen before. Those people were right, and in 2017 Hall announced he would be starting a promotion, and a pilot for it would be filmed at some point and be aired on the internet, before being shipped around to networks to become a regular weekly show.

pCUL5pG.png

As the months passed excitement built, especially when big names such as Vengeance, Marat Khoklov and Rick Law were said to be attached to the project. Eventually in October 2017 the show was aired…..and the project left many speechless….not literally of course, it was on the internet after all, and everyone and his mum gave their two cents on just what they had seen. Instead of a traditional wrestling show, what was shown was a gritty drama, featuring alcoholic cops and evil demons roaming hell, looking to survive or kill, depending on just who or what they are. The pilot was dark, gritty, obviously aimed at adult and immaculately shot, obviously using some of the most state of the art technology. The heavy use of make up and special effects allowed workers to look completely different, with the likes of Petr Novak looking completely unrecognisable as the demon Chort.

FqdNZIV.png

Mainly all angle to establish characters, the pilot alone featured flashbacks in characters lives in scenes that more established Hollywood blockbusters than anything seen in wrestling, the matches were more like fight scenes with great camera work, and one match wasn’t even shot inside a ring, it was shot in front of greenscreen to make it seem like a brawl in hell itself. The matches themselves were all brawl-heavy, featuring little-to-no wrestling moves and nothing high flying, but they did seem very high in psychology and selling, with Hall obviously demanding an emphasis on making sure every punch, kick and slam is to be treated as highly impactful and to be sold as such. There is also a lot of weapons and blood to sell the brutality of what is happening. Despite the hardcore nature the whole thing is done with low intensity and features no dangerous moves.

WuS1t3S.png

The online feedback was mixed, with options ranging from “genius, revolutionary” all the way to “WORST. SHOW. EVER.” But the pilot did enough to get a few networks interested, with executives feeling it could be a big hit with 18-30 demographic, as they apparently enjoy wrestling and dark dramas. In December 2017 it would be announced that BOH had secured a TV deal with mainstream TV station HPO, a commercial station that doesn’t usually entertain the idea of hosting something low-brow like wrestling, but were swayed when they spoke to Dunton Hall. They actually commissioned BOH to air two weekly shows, both an hour and a half long, with both shows being given a one-year deal. Everyone on the roster has been given an initial one-year written deal too, so potentially, come December 2018, there could be some bidding wars for a lot of the BOH talent. The promotion is set to be all TV orientated, so no big monthly event like every other American company provide.

FFplaj1.png

Speculation is still on-going on just what is to come from BOH, in the pilot all the matches featured no count-out and no DQ, and it was implied the Ruler Of Hell title has to be defended the moment the champion was challenged by anyone, however they could only challenge someone once, if they lost they had to wait until there was a new ruler. It also sounds like there is some kind of force that prevents any interference in matches that are for the power. Hall has said in interviews whole episodes could be dedicated to one worker, exploring their life and history, and that other episode could all just cover one feud, or even one match. We have also heard that local talent could be used as jobbers, or “lost souls” and that if a known character were to lose to one of these jobbers that soul would take over the loser’s body, or “vessel” allowing the same wrestler to eventually play multiple characters. Whether any of these rumours end up becoming a reality remains to be seen, but in a promotion that is already so different the possibilities seen endless. With a lot of the marketing being focussed on some of the lesser-known names, such as Doctor O’Haire and The Silencer, it has already made some lesser-known workers become bigger names, albeit far from stars.

VsHCB9R.png

The promotion is set to feature big names (Eddie Peak, Chris Caulfield, Hell’s Bouncer) top indy talent (Roger Cage, Findlay O’Farraday and Bulldozer Brandon Smith as 1950’s gangsters), known hardcore wrestlers (Larry Wood, McWade Brothers, Good Ol’ Boys) an array of unknowns (Annihilus, Biff The Bruiser, Martyr, Jebediah) and even actors (Alfred Huntley, Vincente Clement, Virginia White) but Hall has gone all out to make sure they are all prepared, even giving the talent acting lessons in order to make the scene’s more realistic

HrOEDE4.png

CSAESXv.png

GzTtMea.jpg

Inspire Diversity Group Strikes Back

bDZ40j6.png

Current Champions:

INSPIRES World Heavyweight – PRIDE Koiso

INSPIRES World Heavyweight Tag Team – Hiroyasu Gakusha and Toshiharu Hyobanshi

INSPIRES All-Asia - Taheiji Konoe

INSPIRES Strong Style – Jimmy Cox

INSPIRES All-Asia Tag Team - Eiji Hamacho and Chuichi Sanda

INSPIRES Japanese - Morimasa Kato

INSPIRES Knockout - Gesshin Noro

INSPIRES Leader Of The Pride - Sotatsu Sarumara

INSPIRES Middleweight - Kuemon Hotta

JN4jsN4.png

In 1992 former journalist Kaneie Komine was appointed president of Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods and would go on to become one of the most powerful figures in all of Japanese wrestling. His run at the top of BHOTWG was one of the most successful and profitable in the history of the company as the promotion reached new heights in terms of both quality but also revenue. However, it all fell apart in 2006 when BHOTWG had their famous “INSPIRE” crises, where Tadiyuki Kikkawa formed the MMA-influenced promotion, weakening BHOTWG and allowing Komines at the time close friend Tetsuzan Kaneko to stage a coup and seize power, leading to Komine not only leaving BHOTWG but the wrestling industry itself, leaving him with nothing to do but plot his revenge.

BY0lPX7.png

Fast forward to May 2016 and tragedy would strike as a massive tsunami hit Japan, crashing not just the economy to the lowest level in recent history, but almost completely destroying the wrestling industry too. With Japan in a rebuilding process wrestling just wasn’t people’s priority, and gates would instantly take a nose dive, leading to top Japanese companies losing money at an alarming rate. In some cases owners even lost their personal fortunes, meaning Japanese wrestling was in danger of collapsing all-together. Komine would form a plan that would take him back to the top of the wrestling world. After gathering some unknown silent partners Komine would quietly purchase the rights to the INSPIRE name and image rights, and begin to come up with an action plan that would instantly put this new version of the company on the map. He would contact the biggest companies in Japan, knowing they were struggling, and using his partners money he would offer to pay to have their promotions biggest stars be let out of their contracts, although they would only receive the money if those same workers agreed to sign with his promotion. Due to the loyalty of many of the Japanese wrestlers most would agree, even if they didn’t like the idea of working for Komine, as it meant they would save not only their old promotions but potentially Japanese wrestling itself. Komine has been called the saviour of Japanese wrestling thanks to these deals, which he loves, but truthfully the main reason he did it was so that his rivals would know it was thanks to him that they are still in business, something he loves even more.

il9ELXJ.png

In December 2016 Komine would officially announce his new promotion, renaming Inspire Diversity Group International and announcing they would now be called Inspire Diversity Group Strikes Back, more commonly known as INSPIRES. This announcement would come during an elaborate press conference in which Komine would be joined by the ex-figureheads of CGC (Hiroyasu Gakusha), PGHW (PRIDE Koiso), WEXXV (Munemitsu Senmatsu) and he old enemy and original INSPIRE owner Tadiyuki Kikkawa (BHOTWG). This press conference, and more important the talent on show, told the fans that there was one place to see the top talent in Japan, and that promotion was INSPIRES. They have since gone on to add other top names in wrestling, such as Masaru Ugaki, Buddy Garner, Toshiharu Hyobanshi, Tasuku Iesada and Akinori Kwakami. However, they have also picked up big names from other sports too, such as original INSPIRE members Li Binci and Oleg Dorosklov, both former Olympians in judo and freestyle wrestling respectively. INSPIRES now not only has the names to succeed, but they also have some of the top talents worldwide and are able to put on some sensational matches.

XUyk52e.png

Part of the reason Komine chose to reopen INSPIRE rather than starting with a new, fresh company was to prove a point. Not only is he one of the best owners of al time, he is so good he could succeed where others have failed miserably. In order to help him achieve this he has hired young colour commentator Naizen Uboshita to be the head booker of the promotion. He has proven to be an excellent choice, and despite INSPIRES preferring to sign workers over 30 years of age Naizen has really shown that he is in touch with what the fans really want and Komine has allowed him to make changes that should allow INSPIRES to thrive where INSPIRE failed. One of the biggest changes has been to the in-ring style, while it still has a hyper-realistic focus the main focusses has been on normal realism, with pure wrestling too. That has allowed the promotion to make their matches still look legitimate, but they are also more exciting than in the original. One of the biggest criticisms of the original INSPIRE was the fact they didn’t have any title belts, with professional wrestling being built around belts and titles for as long as anyone can remember, so this confused fans of INSPIRE. Now, the INSPIRES promotion has gone the opposite way, they not only have a main title, but they have a main singles and tag team title. Below that they have a midcard tag team belt and two midcard singles titles. It doesn’t end there, as they also have four low-level singles titles which are usually only defending on tour shows. With nine titles the promotion has gone from no titles at all, to potentially having the most titles to defend than any other promotion in history. One final change was to the companies schedule, while they are still a touring promotion they now have a “two on, one off” schedule, where they tour for two months but then have a rest month. However, in a big change to the way touring companies work they still run a big monthly event every month, rather than just during active months.

3qOwb4o.png

koaVwTk.png

Helped by the fact their events are being shown on during prime time on PPV Japan, INSPIRES have quickly become the countries number one promotion. They have the talent and the money to stay there, the only question is whether Komine can focus purely on success, rather than revenge. While the company is thriving, and many talents are very loyal to him for saving them from getting a regular job, others are not so happy or trusting of him. This is not helped by the fact he has been apparently manipulating talents against each other, causing rifts in the locked room, or more specifically causing issued between wrestlers who used to work for some companies against workers who used to work for a different company. There are CGC cliques, PGHW cliques and of course BHOTWG cliques, and Komine apparently loves this.

aQ6YdRd.png

oeYS3RU.jpg

World Level Wrestling

rdEVZrR.png

Current Champions:

World Level Universal – Emerald Angel

World Level Modern Japan – Orange Tsuchie

World Level Tag Team – Masa Kurata and Nichiren Amagawa

4GzKfBR.png

When World Level Wrestling were founded in December 2000 many industry experts doubted that they would even last a year, and that their lucha-puro crossover style was destined to fail, especially with the comedy elements that hardcore Japanese wrestling fans do not appreciate. However, by 2016 those experts had been shut up as WLW were not only still alive, but they were thriving due to their mainstream appeal to the more casual wrestling fan. They were even one of the founding members of the Modern Japan Movement, an alliance of wrestling companies that believed the old-school touring schedule most Japanese companies employed was hl=olding the whole region back, and that they should adapt a more western approach. With WLW’s product and schedule angering Japanese purists, this approach would end up becoming more beneficial than ever in 2016.

pJ5wsvq.png

Tuesday 23rd of May, a day that will live in infamy in Japan., the country has hit by a devastating tsunami, destroying the countries economy almost overnight, and with the economy in ruins the wrestling industry would crash to an all-time low. With mainstays of Japanese wrestling PGHW and BHOTWG having products that are largely affected by the wrestling industry, WLW’s comedy based mainstream LuchaResu style allows them to avoid such penalties. Because of this WLW were able to rise from the ashes that was the Japanese wrestling scene, and for months they were actually the undisputed number one promotion in all of Japan. While the rise of INSPIRES has since knocked them down to number two they are still in their strongest position ever, and with good money in the bank they find themselves in a position and with a style that might just allow them to dominate Japan for years to come, with many thinking a national battle between them and INSPIRES is not far away.

l8n8YnU.png

Despite the fact they would ultimately be fine following the economic crash, that didn’t mean there wasn’t some initial panic by the company. In the month following the tsunami four workers were released, American Elemental, Necromancer, Sir Winston Watoga and Shaolin Warrior. However, it soon become apparent that they would be fine, and two months later they hired Tsuneyo Yanagimoto from EXODUS in what was a sign of things to come in 2017. They hired a host of new workers at the beginning of the year, most notably Mystic Dragon from BHOTWG, who went through an interesting gimmick tweak when he joined WLW. Covering himself in red body paint to give him an actual demonic look, the change has helped him stand out from the pack and cement himself as a main event talent. Other signings are talked about as potential future stars, the likes of KAZ and Orange Tsuchie, and they will be helped in their development by the hugely experienced The Awesome Kiyaru who apparently has considered retirement before being approached by WLW.

yvx4LA0.png

It was in March 2017 that WLW did their best piece of business though, announcing the double signing of big names Sensational Dragon and Marihito Masuko. Being two of the most well-known and talented junior workers BHOTWG had to offer allowed them to not only slot in nicely in the WLW main event scene but also did a lot of damage to the BHOTWG brand, as they could no longer brag about being able to offer the best lightweight wrestling in Japan. The level of talent in WLW has also benefitted the other members of the Modern Japan Movement, with big names being loaned to the likes of SAISHO and WEXXV to help boost their shows. However, even with all this new high-level talent coming into WLW the two biggest names in the promotion are still home-grown stars Magnum Kobe and Emerald Angel. The two have been on sensational form in recent years, and have been trading WLW World Level Universal title reigns since February 2015. Kobe is now a five-time champion, but Angel is the most successful worker in the company’s history with seven reigns to his name. When the two of them have fought one-on-one they have never disappointed, in 2016 Kobe defeated Angel in an excellent match, but Angel would get his win and the title back in February 2017. After Kobe would again take the title in a four-person match in August 2017 a rematch was booked to decide just who is the better man, and in September 2017 they had a two-out-of-three-falls match in the main event of Samurai & Ninja, a match Emerald Angel would win, but the match itself would also win the 2017 match of the year award.

a08fouz.png

5u1N6QS.jpg

Pride Glory Honor Wrestling

MNa6iuw.png

Current Champions:

PGHW Glory Crown – Yoshimi Mushashibo

PGHW International - Goemon Komiya

PGHW Historical Japan – Danger Kumasaka

PGHW Glory Tag Crown – BISON Yano and Brute Kikuchi

PGHW Elite Series – Masaru Ugaki (2017 Winner)

PGHW Elite Tag Team Series - Masaru Ugaki and Yoshimi Muchashibo (2017 Winners)

QjGGGb0.png

At the start of 2016 Pride Glory Honor Wrestling were fighting it out with old rivals Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods to become the top dogs in Japan. Keeping their tradition touring schedule PGHW were seen as the Japanese promotion for the traditional Japanese fans, and while they did help them build a big following it would also limit their financial revenue. This would come to haunt them in May 2016 when the country was hit by a tsunami, completely destroying the Japanese economy, as well as the wrestling industry. With a product that is very sensitive to industry changes they saw their attendances plummet, and within months they were in danger of going bankrupt and folding completely.

qppl1Ue.png

Initially PGHW were reluctant to let release workers, wanted to wait it out and see just how the tsunami would affect them. However, by August it was obvious that they were haemorrhaging money and an initial four workers would be released, Stone Yoshikawa, Totoya Munakata, Haranobu Kobayashi and Hirobumi Takimoto. With four Japanese talents being the ones who were released from their contracts the fans were not happy, claiming the “Japanese promotion for the Japanese people” shouldn’t be prioritising their foreign talent. The next month PGHW would also release William Hayes and Raymond Diaz, cutting their wage bill further while also appeasing the fans. Their financial situation continue to worsen though, and in December 2017 they were forced to cancel the contracts of two of the company’s biggest names, Kozue Kawashima and PRIDE Koiso. The two were “purchased” by INSPIRES owner Kaneie Komine, or in other words PGHW were paid by him to cancel their contracts, but would only receive the money if the two would immediately sign on with INSPIRES.

Ba1e6QP.png

The Kozue and Koiso money would be enough to keep them in business, but it wouldn’t fix all the issues they were having, and further budget cuts would be needed heading into 2017. In January both Eisaku Kunomasu and a person once tipped to own the company, Seiji Jimbo, would offer to leave the promotion in order to help ease their burden. Not willing to sign for a Japanese promotion, they both headed to America. In May they would suffer another loss as Ryoma Muruyama would sign for WLW, a company that was thriving, and then in August Tetsunori Yasuda signed for BHOTWG, a sign that they too were beginning to come out of their financial slump. However, by the end of the year they were still close to being declared bankrupt once again, and they would suffer their biggest loss yet in order to avoid that. In December 2017 Kaneie Komine would once again purchase a PGHW talent, this time offering big money (rumoured to be in the seven figures) for Masaru Ugaki, a man he knew would never willingly sign for him and INSPIRES. With Ugaki being the current Glory Crown title holder (he would be allowed to drop it to Yoshimi Mushashibo on his way out) as well as the 2017 winner of the Elite Tag Team Series, and the 2016 and 2017 winner of the Elite Series tournaments he had become the promotions biggest name and ace. So while losing him did give them enough money to survive, that survival will still be a struggle thanks to the loss of him.

4TLeQyh.png

With so many names leaving PGHW it left the promotion with just Yoshimi Mushashibo as an established name, but even he was started to lose momentum as he began putting losing with increased regularity to try and build new stars. That, mixed with some inconsistent performances due to injuries that he should have took time off for, but refused, meant that even the legend himself couldn’t carry PGHW on his back singlehandedly. That led to shock the shock return to the ring of both PGHW owner Nobuatsu Tatsuko, as well as head booker Shuji Inukai. All three of the PGHW legends are wrestling for free in order to keep the company afloat, and Tatsuko and Inukai have added some much needed star power to PGHW cards, but truthfully all three are past their best due to their physical conditions. Tatsuko and Inukai had already retired due to injury, and Yoshimi has simply worn himself into the ground trying to save the promotion since the tsunami.

eRJIPyj.png

So the top of the cards in PGHW are currently dominated by men in their 40’s who are physically broken down, and there are four other members of their 23 man full-time roster are in their 40’s too, with Danger Kumasaka still going at the age of 63. However, they do have some very promising young talents too. They have made sure to keep hold of the KitoGuchi tag team of Bussho Makiguchi and Chojiro Kitoaji, as well as Kazushige Matsuki who chose to stay loyal to the promotion rather than sign for INSPRES when his contract came up for renewal. These three could well be key to the future of PGHW and be pivotal members of the roster if they are to ever get back to the top. The company also made sure to keep the PGHW dojo open, feeling the youngsters could still be the key to their survival, and that paid off for them in 2017 when Yoshiteru Itami graduated. The 22-year-old graduated in December and the bulky superheavyweight looks like he could well be future star, any many industry insiders are tipping him for big success.

BEifngH.png

yWhQL4Q.jpg

Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods

Uajkc7l.png

Current Champions:

Burning World Championship – Eisaku Hoshino

Burning Junior Championship – Kansuke Konda

Burning World Tag Team – Kazunori Yamura And Toju Munkata

Burning Junior Tag Team – Reijiro Hiraki And Masakazu Kaima

BHOTWG Best Of The Super Juniors – Kansuke Konda (2017 Winner)

aoLgmyp.png

At the start of 2016 Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods were riding high, they were the top promotion in Japan, ranked 6th worldwide and they were the second richest company in the industry. Their regular TV show Lords Of The Ring was being shown on the Japanese Sports Vision, a big commercial network, while their events for being shown on PPV with Emperor Choice, a big PPV provider. All of that changed in May 2016 when Japan was hit by tragedy as a tsunami devasted the country, destroying the economy and the wrestling industry. With BHOTWG being very sensitive to industry changes this would hit them hard, and almost overnight their attendances plummeted and the interested in their product faded, and with it their TV ratings and PPV buys. Eventually both Japanese Sports Vision and Emperor Choice would drop their product, and while they have since worked out deals with Japanese Sports Vision 2 and J-Remote 1 the expose those two give them isn’t quite the same, and they have since dropped down to number four in Japan, not helped by the rise of INSPIRES.

y6mLLJX.png

In the aftermath of the tsunami BHOTWG released some lowercard workers, the likes of Hijo Del Relámpago and The Incredible Koyama released, but as the year went on and they realised just how serious the situation was they also released more experienced names, with The Awesome Kiyaru, Eiji Hamacho and Chuichi Sanda all being released just after. However, BHOTWG president Tetsuzan Kaneko would learn that things were actually much more serious than initially feared, as the BHOTWG board of directors announced that the owners had been left penniless following the devastation of the economy. By the end of the year big name releases were happening left and right, with VENOM and Yoshii Shiomi leaving in October, and more damagingly the whole NEO stable of Koshiro Ino, Yasuhiko Taira and Yasunobu Masuno agreed to have their contracts torn up in order to ease the financial burden. Finally in December ex-BHOTWG president Kaneie Komine would show back up on the scene, opening up INSPIRES. He would contactex-friend and now enemy Kaneko with an offer that would save the promotion. Komine wanted original INSPIRE founders, and his personal enemies, Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada and Masaaki Okazaki to be let out of their contracts and they would have to sign for his new promotion, in exchange he would give BHOTWG enough money to survive. While original Kikkawa and Iesada would agree, for the sake of BHOTWG, Okazaki would refuse and instead choose to retire from active competition.

x3Jfv1o.png

While the INSPIRES money did ease their financial burden, that didn’t stop the hits from coming in 2017. In January Bairei Yasujiro retired, before Mystic Dragon signed for WLW. He wouldn’t be the last either, as two months later Sensational Dragon and Marihito Masuko would go to WLW. Officially the wrestlers and the company said it was due to BHOTWG financial issues, but truthfully by this point WLW was the bigger promotion anyway, and even if BHOTWG weren’t struggling they probably would have been able to convince the three to jump anyway. Their departures left a big gap at the top of the juniors division, and initially the company looked to American Optimus to fill the void. However, for reasons that are still unknown the fans rejected him, and a planned Best Of The Super Juniors title win was scrapped, instead going to fan favourite Kansuke Konda who has become a big name in the promotion now. He and Elemental III are the only big names left in BHOTWG famous Junior division. They did have high hopes with KC Glenn, aka Helikaon, but he returned to America in May 2017.

JjkOHw0.png

Despite the issues with the junior division, all things considered the heavyweight division is still going strong. Hiroaki Nakasawa has replaced Tadiyuki Kikkawa as the companies ace, and in 2016 became a three-time Burning World Champion. He remains one of the most popular stars in all of Japan. In April 2017 he formed the Shi Kage stable with Hirokumi Saito, Kazunori Yamura and Toju Munkata, something that has helped all three men’s careers. They have also managed to keep big names like Kinnojo Horri and Tadakuni Toshusai, with Kinnojo turning down a big offer from INSPIRES in 2017 in order to remain with the company. They did lose Eisaku Hoshino for 18 months as he took a hiatus from wrestling to help out with rescue missions and rebuilding areas damaged by the tsunami, but his return in November 2017 has been a welcome addition to their roster once again. In August 2017 they were even able to give the fans a sign that things were slowly beginning to turn round for them, and they their financial issues may be behind them, as they hired Tetsunori Yasuda, a PGHW loyalist who has been able to slow straight into their main event scene. While they aren’t the company they once were they do have enough talent to kick back on, regroup and go again.

Urr9Iy3.png

gC97k58.jpg

Mid Atlantic Wrestling

FyUCyxN.png

Current Champions:

Mid Atlantic Championship – The Architect

Mid Atlantic American – Richie Riggins

Mid Atlantic Tag Team – Johnny Needham and Ralph Liotta

EpbpAyi.png

Back in 2016 Sam Keith’s Mid Atlantic Wrestling was ticking along nicely, producing top talent and developing youngsters nicely. They had their annual Rip Chord Invitational in January, won by Sayeed Ali in a moment some still point to as the beginning of his rise as an independent superstar. In April they added Zach Rudge and Ash Barnaby from IPW to their roster, who joined back up with old partner Ade Nelson to form “The Frat” a stable of partying college boys. They also lost Hal Havard in December, as he was signed by SWF and put into development with RIPW. However, they did have one other worker signed away to a bigger company, when Greg Gauge signed for TCW. His last ever event for MAW fittingly was the Sam Keith classic, which he won with partner Steve Flash. But really, 2016 was an uneventful year for the small company.

HVRUOjI.png

Fast forward to 2017 and things would change quickly. USPW decided they wanted a development company, a promotion that could build their talent but that they also wanted to have on the Reverie network to test whether they could make money off more than one promotion, and potentially go on the dominate wrestling by having multiple promotions under the USPW umbrella. They decided the best way to test this would be to purchase a respected company with some name value, but no one too big. They targeting both CZCW and MAW, and instantly began raising both promotions of their best talents. In January alone MAW lost Roderick Remus and more importantly Cheetah Boy while he was still MAW champion. The next month they ended up losing Cameron Jones & Syd Collier before losing their main champion for the second time in three months, this time George Wolfe. These loses not only affected interest rates in the promotion, but were hugely demoralising to fans and management alike. They did sign some new names, but couldn’t afford ready made stars, although they did try to use the Confederations Of The Territories alliance to plug some gaps, but it wasn’t enough. The hits would keep on coming, they would lose Nate DeMarcus and Deuce Deadline in April, and despite some fan loyalty too many big names leaving in such a short space of time meant attendances and income dropped, and in July 2017 at the Sam Keith Classic Sam Keith himself would start the show by announcing it was MAW’s last ever independent event as he had been forced to sell the company to USPW. Frankie Boy Fernandes and California Love Machine would win the event, but MAW would end in a touching moment. Sam Keith would bring Rip Chord out to thanks the fans for their support over the years, which would bring out MAW Tag Team Champions Miller Fforde and Keith Vegas. Without saying a word the tag champs would lie down for the two legends, allowing themselves to be pinned, before handing ach of them a title belt and leading a standing ovation to the two men.

b55Dqt5.png

After the purchase by USPW the MAW product was kept quite similar, just with a bit more of a mainstream feel, and slightly less dangerous moves in matches, but truthfully the differences are bare noticeable. Captain USA has been made the owner of the company, to deal with the day-to-day running, with CJ Weston taking over the head booking duties as Jay Fair quit when the takeover was completed. It has become apparent that a lot of the MAW talent USPW hired was simply to weaken them, as the likes of Cheetah Boy and George Wolfe have been sent back down to MAW to work for them. It was actually the latest MAW additions that have given the traditional MAW reasons to be concerned, with Penfold Perdition, Buzz Read and Richie Riggins being the first MAW workers to be hired by USPW and put into development contracts. With the light-heavyweight Riggins being the smallest of the three, and neither of them being anything decent in the ring, fans are beginning to worry about just what USPW will turn the promotion into. All that said, the whole reason MAW formed was to create future stars, and being the child company of the worlds number one promotion, with a weekly TV on a huge network that covers America, Canada, Mexico, Europe and Britain the promotion is actually in a much better position to do just that.

5ds9MoZ.png

lx0GEKR.jpg

ZEN: Boston

gs92OHE.png

Current Champions:

ZEN:B Conqueror – Halloween Knight II (Michael Tranter)

ZEN:B Right To Party – DareSheDevil

ZEN:B Kinship – Jet Stream and Xavier Zelf

YQoiyUS.png

Following Halloween Knights investment in a global subscription service for the original ZEN company, ZEN started opening promotions worldwide. The first of these companies was ZEN: Boston, an American version that founded in November 2016 with The Cannonball Kid appointed CEO and booker, although in August 2017 Jay Fair would take over the booking duties. The original roster for ZEN: Boston would feature just five known workers, Cannonball Kid himself, who is ZEN uses the Pumpkin Jack gimmick as is the tradition for ZEN CEO’s, Kashmir Singh, who goes by the name Mr. Electricity and also runs the ZEN Temple Dojo America, the tag team of Ace Youngblood and Max Mayhem, who now uses the stoner gimmick May Buds, and finally female veteran Helen earth.

egnS8Gf.png

0cLSdB7.png

The rest of their debut roster was filled by nine dojo graduates, the most exciting of which is Michael Tranter. Another tradition ZEN: B introduced was giving their star graduate, or biggest hope becoming a big name, the Halloween Knight gimmick, so Tranter goes by the name Halloween Knight II in ZEN. Out of the other eight graduates there were three women and six men, but it is one of the women who has risen the fastest. DareSheDevil is already making a name for herself with her flashy ring work and has become a top babyface for the promotion. The other graduates were Kudas and Krang, an alien tag team who together go by the name “Area 51”, they are managed by Haley Buck, a dim-witted journalist who is investigation claims of alien activity in the promotion who has befriended them believing them to be helpful humans…despite the fact they make no attempt to hide who they actually are. The other babyface graduate is female worker Dobby, who is yet to do much of note, and while she seems like a decent worker she lacks some of the charisma you need to succeed in ZEN.

PGfGIck.png

AlR0OcL.png

On the heel side you also have Zolton Hex, a man who claims to be a freedom fighter from the year 3029 who warns against the evils of modern technology. He is being managed by Travis Century, who buys into everything Hex says and genuinely believes the world is coming to an end. There is another tag team, this time Jet Stream and Xavier Zelf. They are superhero’s who refuse to use their superpowers, due their general belief that humans are lazy and should get off their butts and help themselves. It is an interesting gimmick that the two play pretty well. Finally there was Jodie Taylor, originally a poor talent and a boring babyface she was taken under the wing of Helen Earth, so she dyed her hair red, turned heel and changed her name to Helen Hywater. The two now tag together under the name Hot As Helen.

bD4JLAy.png

jcreujg.png

In 2017 ZEN added three other on-air talents to the company. Dustin Deuce also graduated the dojo, and goes by the name Diamond Deuce. In September Duke Hazzard was made the martial of ZEN, and the first thing he did was ban dancing and rock music. The roster protested so Hazzard compromised, and in November 2017 they were allowed to fight for their right to party, meaning that at any time one member of the roster is allowed rock music as their entrance theme and they can dance to their hearts content. Finally, in December 2017 they hired internet “sensation” Garry The Entertainer. Either loved or hated by wrestling fans, the one thing Garry can do is get a reaction. He got his big break in Kid Friendly Wrestler, where he and his puppet Franklin were both a successful tag team, and weirdly they were both successful solo acts too. These “matches” went viral, and while some loved it and noticed the kids enjoying themselves, others hated it and called Garry a disgrace to the sport. He would leave KFW as he was worried it’s spoil his chances of being taken seriously in the future, and after an unsuccessful one-night-only appearance in CZCW he would find his way onto the ZEN roster. In ZEN he has tweaked his gimmick, he keeps the comedy and Franklin but he plays it as him having a split personality, something that might be a bit too subtle for the ZEN audience.

V2REBHR.png

The best cverse mod and its doesn't even come close imo. If you're on the fence about trying the cverse, start here. I was so out of the loop and this mod helped greatly. The Lore, world history, general changes and all the work and dedication put into this mod seriously made me fall in love with the cverse. Thank you again Lavelle for all the hard work, this is going to be a wild ride.

The best cverse mod and its doesn't even come close imo. If you're on the fence about trying the cverse, start here. I was so out of the loop and this mod helped greatly. The Lore, world history, general changes and all the work and dedication put into this mod seriously made me fall in love with the cverse. Thank you again Lavelle for all the hard work, this is going to be a wild ride.

Dude! I was so close to having the first 21 posts reserved lol

Thank you for the kind words! Enjoy it mate, you have been waiting patiently!

Edit-that's weird, now you are below the reserved posts, how bizarre