WreSpi or the sequel?

It's my b-day today... *bow* Anyways, I have two choices for a present. WreSpi or WreSpi 2. There are pros and cons for each one without gameplay taken into consideration. WreSpi: Available now(pro). Cheaper(pro). Will soon be out of date(con). WreSpi 2: More features(pro). Two week wait(con). Now comes along the little moral decision. My Dad just recently went back to work after 6 months off from a heart attack. Do I get the cheaper game now when they are trying to get back onto their feet or do I get the more expensive game in two weeks when they will be more secure financially? My mind is screaming to wait, but I'm not a patient person. If I can hold off until the 22nd, I think the demo can hold me through to the 29th, but I'm not sure I can wait a whole week until the 22nd. What should I do?

It's a good thing I got bored and decided to read most of the things about the sequel. It seems I'm gonna be dissappointed either way I go. Don't get me wrong, both games are definately good, but both have things about them that are very unappealing to me. On the original, there are crippling bugs, such as being booked in a 4v4 tag match half of the time, and I doubt those will be fixed since a sequel is coming out that has them fixed. On the sequel, the whole idea about making it like a legit sport turns me off. I don't like the idea of purses and buying stat points with money. If it was just league mode like that, I'd be happy, but the career mode is like that as well. Becoming a better wrestler is tied to nothing except money and money is directly tied to wins. Wrestling is about the fans, but with this setup it's all about the win. So, instead of drawing out the match, having 2.999 counts, counters, and blood, it's just kick the other guy's butt and pin him. That will get VERY repetitive. So, I'm going to wait and check out the demo, which I don't have very high hopes for because of the above points, and decide then. I might decide to abandon it all and get something else.

[QUOTE=revan685]So, instead of drawing out the match, having 2.999 counts, counters, and blood, it's just kick the other guy's butt and pin him. That will get VERY repetitive.[/QUOTE] I'd flip that on its head - if it was just about the fans and you had the luxury of drawing out matches, then clearly you're not under any pressure whatsoever. What's going to get more repetitive - a 2.9 count where you actually feel relieved that your guy pulled out a super human kick out, or a 2.9 count where you don't actually care whether it ends the match or not? The latter sounds completely unappealing to me (not least because that'd mean the computer would also have to play for match quality rather than winning, so you'd have the least competitive game ever written). PS - if you think you're going to waltz in, "kick the other guy's butt and pin him" you're in for a real rude awakening when you play the game :p

Good luck with whatever game purchase you decide to go with, revan. It would be foolish of me to argue that your opinion on what [I]you've read[/I] about the game (WreSpi 2) is wrong, but for the sake of fairness: Wrestling is about the fans? A lot of older people might tell you that pro wrestling was about the wrestling. ;) Wrestling Spirit is one of the few games out there that tips its hat in respect to kayfabe. It's always been fake - sure, but the willing suspension of disbelief that got the majority of people into wrestling in the first place (pre-internet, at least) is being celebrated here. To me - someone who appreciates text games [I]and[/I] the kayfabe era of wrestling, Adam is to be commended for trying this approach. He's one of the only ones out there making a kayfabe game that is not regulated to the button mashing catagory of gaming. -------- Re: Skill Upgrades. I know that a lot of people dislike that aspect in gaming. There is nothing wrong with that opinion at all. The thing is, though... the ability to purchase upgrades finally puts the power of skill advancement in the Player's hands, rather than being forced to advance at the rate the game wants you to. I don't know about you, but in the last game it drove me nuts knowing I had to wait for who knows how long until being able to have the skills for a coveted move. With skill purchases, I have the power to advance as quickly or slowly as I want. :)

[quote=Adam Ryland]PS - if you think you're going to waltz in, "kick the other guy's butt and pin him" you're in for a real rude awakening when you play the game :p[/quote] Don't ruin my dreams, Adam. :( Definitely wait for WreSpi2, which will be out in 5 days now. :)

Archived