[TPW] Sometimes you Win, Sometimes you Learn (Cverse)

No. 1 Contenders Match: Luke Cannon vs. Danny Utah

Charlie Morrison vs. Flash Savage

TPW Tag Team Titles: The Nation of Filth vs. Washington Project ©

TPW Pure Title: Imran Khambati vs. Smash Barrow ©

Alexander DuBois & Silvio Iaupati vs. The Tapp Boyz

Pegasus Bolt vs. ‘The King’ Marco Barrett

Captain Vermont & Masked Mauler VII vs. Shovels O’Connell & Masked Mangler

No. 1 Contenders Match: Luke Cannon vs. Danny Utah

TPW Tag Team Titles: The Nation of Filth vs. Washington Project ©

TPW Pure Title: Imran Khambati vs. Smash Barrow ©

Pegasus Bolt vs. ‘The King’ Marco Barrett

Captain Vermont & Masked Mauler VII vs. Shovels O’Connell & Masked Mangler

mlK5n82.jpg

<table style="border: 5px solid #000000; background: #ff7d1b; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-repeat:repeat-y;background-size:contain;background-position:center;"; cellpadding="5px"; frame="box"; width="70%"><tr valign="top">

<td>

Exclusive Online Content

aUHKjoo.jpgr7RQzKx.jpg

Scott Parker with Stuart 'SMW88' Wilson

Backstage with our first Fantasy League Weekly Winner (sponsored by Butternut Mountain Farm Maple Syrup) Stuart 'SMW88' Wilson.

Scotty Parker - "Stuart, welcome to TPW and congratulations on your win. As part of the prize you've been flown out here to see TPW Tiger Action 2 live in person. And I'm here get your thoughts."

Stuart Wilson - "It's just so great to be hear. You guys have treated me so well and I can't wait to see some live action."

Scotty Parker - "Don't forget to place your results for this week's competition."

Stuart Wilson - "Already done it Scotty."

Scotty Parker - "Of course you have. And is there a particular performer you're excited to see?"

Stuart points to his Captain Vermont t-shirt.

Scotty Parker - "The Masked Maple Leafed Avenger. Well, who doesn't love him..."

YJ9iagy.jpg

Shovels O'Connell - "I'm sure what our little friend meant to say was he was excited to see me the most."

Scotty Parker - "I'm sure he knew what he meant Shovels."

Shovels O'Connell - "That's Mr. O'Connell to you! And he can't possibly have meant to say Captain Vermont; that maple-syrup-drinking-slow-thinking-ship-sinking fool!"

Scotty Parker - "Ship-sinking?"

Shovels O'Connell - "Shut up!"

Stuart Wilson - "I did mean him. He's awesome. Better than you!"

Shovels O'Connell rips the Captain Vermont shirt of Stuart Wilson's back and rips it up in front of him.

Shovels O'Connell - "Lesson learnt, punk. Don't backchat a bully. Now that's a lesson Captain Vermont and his friend are going to learn at TPW Tiger Action 2."

Shovels looks at Stuart, who seems hurt; laughs, and walks away.

<td></tr></table>

</div>

<div style="padding: 14px; border: 0px solid #737373; margin:10px;background: #ff7d1b; max-width:1200px;box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-position:center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-size:contain;"><table style="border: 5px solid #000000; background: #ffffff; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-repeat:repeat-y;background-size:contain;background-position:center;"; cellpadding="8px"; frame="box"; width="95%"><tr valign="top"><td>

24BEVTX.jpg

TPW Tiger Action 2

Saturday Week 4, August, 2019

Live from The Lair [burlington, Vermont University, New England]

72 in attendance

Commentators: Scotty Parker & Honest Frank

Opening Match

Tag Team Match

30 Minute Time Limit

1zvO7Dm.jpgIz56qi7.jpg83F1Wad.jpgYJ9iagy.jpg

Captain Vermont & Masked Mauler vs. Masked Mangler & Shovels O’Connell

• After main eventing the first two shows the TPW Champion Masked Mauler starts the third show. He was challenged to a tag team match by his nemesis The Masked Mangler and brought Captain Vermont as his second.
  • Cap has had something of a rocky start to his TPW career, but alongside the champion he doesn’t have the miscommunication issues of before. It also elevates his importance in the minds of the crowd.
  • Shovels O’Connell is a strange choice for anyone’s partner. He’s his own man and notoriously doesn’t play well with others. But then the Mangler isn’t like normal people either.
  • The action is solid and serves as a good opening match, giving the crowd something to get excited about without burning them out. Despite Cap’s lucha-inspired offense, most of the match revolves around power moves to better suit the other performers.
  • Weirdly despite portraying heelish traits in the first two weeks, the crowd have turned Mauler face and playing up to it, he and Cap prove themselves to be a decent heroic tag team. This is highlighted perfectly during the finish when an increasingly frustrated O’Connell walked away from a tag, leaving the Mangler to eat the Vermont Driver.
  • Super-fan Stuart Wilson is in the crowd cheering at Shovels' departure.

Captain Vermont and The Masked Mauler VII defeated The Masked Mangler and Shovels O'Connell in 9:37 when Captain Vermont pinned Masked Mangler with a Vermont Driver.

Match Rating: 31

mlK5n82.jpg

<table style="border: 5px solid #000000; background: #ff7d1b; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-repeat:repeat-y;background-size:contain;background-position:center;"; cellpadding="5px"; frame="box"; width="70%"><tr valign="top">

<td>

BACKSTAGE INTERVIEW

WKCakZ4.jpgyM61aGy.jpg

Thomas Patrick is backstage in the TPW Performance Centre with the TPW Pure champion Smash Barrow…

Thomas Patrick: “Philly’s own Smash Barrow joins me here at the performance centre production stage. Smash, welcome back. Last time we spoke you were about to face Imran Khambati for the TPW Pure Title in a match you won. Tonight you face him for a second time. What’s going through your mind right now?”

Smash Barrow: “Cheese steaks.”

Thomas Patrick: “I beg your pardon?”

Smash Barrow: “Cheese steaks. Or dinner.”

Thomas Patrick: “You’ve got a title match and you’re thinking ahead to dinner?”

Smash Barrow: “Making people tap out is hungry work Tom.”

Thomas Patrick: “Excuse the bluntness, but shouldn’t you be giving The Delicious Desai a bit more credit.”

Smash Barrow: “I’m giving my opponent the exact right amount of credit. He’s a great performer. But I’m better. I’ve proven it once, I’ll do it again. You know my motto Tom; Snap, tap or crack. Really it’s up to Khambati how he wants lose. And then, cheese steaks. You’ll see, now excuse me, it’s time to get ready to take of business.”

Smash Barrow leaves the production centre with the TPW Pure Title slung over his shoulder.

Thomas Patrick: “There you have it, a completely confident Smash is ready for the challenge. Over to you Scotty.”

Back at ringside…

aUHKjoo.jpgH8hCXFC.jpg

Scotty Parker: “You’ve got to give Smash credit there. He’s obviously supremely confident.”

Honest Frank: “That’s not confidence Scotty, that’s arrogance. That is a proudful young man, with an over-belief in his abilities. But remember what they say about pride…”

Scotty Parker: “It comes before a fall?”

Honest Frank: “No, it’s stupid.”

Scotty Parker: “I’m not sure that’s the saying.”

Honest Frank: “Back to ringside now, we’ve got a showdown between a king and a mythical being.”

Angle Rating: 32

<td></tr></table>

</div>

mlK5n82.jpg

Singles Match

30 Minute Time Limit

rnZsJBR.jpgD7fTAYF.jpg

Pegasus Bolt vs. Marco Barrett

• ‘The King’ Marco Barrett has taken to his moniker with gusto and now wears a long robe and a crown to the ring; sneering at the crowd all the way.
  • Pegasus Bolt is all energy, all the time. Running the ring, flipping over the top rope and landing in a dramatic ‘super hero pose’ much to the delight of the onlookers.
  • Despite their differing styles the two wrestlers adopt the now-traditional David vs. Goliath approach, with Pegasus flying around and trying to avoid the King, while Barrett attempts to hit a power move for the win.
  • Despite their differing starts to professional wrestling, these two are able to put on a match filled with drama and the crowd love it.
  • At the end Marco tries to use his crown to cheap shot Bolt, only to miss and get rolled up for the pin.

Pegasus Bolt defeated Marco Barrett in 10:01 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage.

Match Rating: 30

mlK5n82.jpg

No. 1 Contenders MatchTag Team Match

30 Minute Time Limit

rQZntVU.jpg9kdIM6r.jpgxBZ6p5b.jpg

• The Tapp Boyz, obviously salty about their defeat the month previous are keen to get back into the hunt for the tag team titles.
  • Their opponents are the makeshift team of Silvio Iaupati and Alexander DuBois. Silvio got his first win on the last show, DuBois is struggling to make a name for himself beyond ‘the guy who never wins.’
  • The match is as one-sided as you’d imagine between a proper team and a makeshift one. The Tapp Boyz dominate and spend most of the match working on DuBois’ arm with a series of submissions.
  • They get cocky at one point allowing him to finally get the hot tag, but despite Iaupati’s freshness, the double-team is too much for him. Despite having the comfortable victory in hand, the Tapp Boyz wrap up one their chains in a spare jersey and clobber DuBois with it, pinning him for the win.

The Tapp Boyz defeated Alexander Dubois and Silvio Iaupati in 9:51 when Jordan Ngakoue pinned Alexander DuBois after using a chain wrapped in a Scotty Pippin jersey.

Match Rating: 39

<td>

BACKSTAGE INTERVIEW

WKCakZ4.jpgLEFPbkg.jpg

Thomas Patrick is backstage in the TPW Performance Centre with Imran Khambati…

Thomas Patrick: “We’ve heard from Smash Barrow and now we have his opponent this evening, Imran Khambati. Imran, tonight you get a second bite of the cherry, so to speak, what training have you done to prepare for this showdown?”

Imran Khambati: “That’s right little man, I have returned. The Golden God, the Delicious Desai. What a great, great honour this is for you. I should ask you how you are feeling being in the presence of such greatness. This really must be a highlight of your career. You can one day tell your kids about this opportunity you have received.”

Thomas Patrick: “Well, I mean to say, I’ve interviewed you before.”

Imran Khambati: “I do not remember you. But no matter small person, it is double the blessing to talk to me twice. Now you asked a question, what was it?”

Thomas Patrick: “What training have you done?”

Imran Khambati: “Tiny human, I have done true training. Not your weight-lifting, or cardio, but spiritual training. I scaled the highest mountain in this land. I meditated on my own glory and I prepared for my inevitable victory.”

Thomas Patrick: “That’s impressive talk for a man who lost the last time he faced Smash Barrow.”

Imran Khambati: “Your words cannot hurt American.”

Thomas Patrick: “I’m English.”

Imran Khambati: “Because I have transcended my previous form. I have achieved nirvana. A higher state of being. The path of the setting sun, which leads to El Dorado and the mysterious city of gold. And you will all be witness to my ascension ceremony. Which begins… now!”

Angle Rating: 34

<td></tr></table>

</div>

mlK5n82.jpg

TPW Pure Title

Singles Match

Pure Rules

60 Minute Time Limit

LEFPbkg.jpgyM61aGy.jpg

Imran Khambati vs. Smash Barrow ©

• Khambati, dressed to the nines, appears to be all business as he approaches the ring. No over-the-top, flamboyant gestures, no bragging. He’s there to fight and to win.
  • Smash Barrow is the same, although that’s always the case. He wears the Pure Title over his left shoulder and wakes with a purpose. The moment he gets in the ring we walks straight up to Khambati until their nose-to-nose, both focused and yelling insults at each other.
  • The bell rings and the two men forgo the normal collar-and-elbow tie up, instead preferring an all-out wild brawl. The crowd are loving every second.
  • After they’ve beaten each other silly, the two men begin the chain-wrestling sequences. High-speed, not a move missed. But there is so little between them that submissions are quickly countered.
  • Despite their first match-up, Smash seems overwhelmed this time by Khambati. He’s a little faster, a bit more focused and every bit as vicious. Not only that, but the longer the match goes, the better he seems to get. To the point that Smash, normally in control of a match, is wildly swinging at the air while Khambati dodges.
  • With Smash is all kinds of trouble, Khambati delivers a short-arm clothesline identical to his opponent ‘Painmaker Lariat’ and covers for the 1… 2…
  • Out of nowhere a man dressed in a black tracksuit with a plain black mask delivers a top rope elbow drop on the pin. He then drags Imran to his feet and hits him with a belly-to-belly suplex. Then he does the same to Smash. We both men left unconscious he motions for the belt around his waist. Then, with the crowd pelting the ring with rubbish he raises his hands in the air and makes an O shape with them before retreating into the crowd.

Imran Khambati drew with Smash Barrow in 9:45 following outside interference.

Match Rating: 37

mlK5n82.jpg

<td>

RINGSIDE WITH ANNOUNCERS

At the announcers table...

aUHKjoo.jpgH8hCXFC.jpg

Scotty Parker: “Who was that?”

Honest Frank: “I have no idea. But I can tell you this; he obviously wants to make a name for himself at the expense of Smash and Khambati.”

Scotty Parker: “I think he wants the title too.”

Honest Frank: “Who wouldn’t? More importantly, what was that symbol meant to signify?”

Scotty Parker: “Looked like an ‘O’ to me. But what a travesty that such a match ended like that.”

Honest Frank: “Wait a minute, we’ve got Washington Project coming down to help Smash and Khambati to their feet.”

Back in the ring…

9eYBHkP.jpg

Billy and Bobby Washington help the paramedics take the TPW Pure Title competitors to the back. Bobby has a microphone.

Bobby Washington: “Me and my bro don’t care much for outlanders in this promotion. We’ve worked too long and too hard to see someone come in and cause chaos like that. So masked man, if you’re listening and have the guts, you come back and face the music now.”

There is no response, so Billy snatches the mic.

Billy Washington: “Consider that an open invitation. You want some gold you wanna make a name for yourself? Get a partner, or two, or three and come face us next month. We don’t back down from any fights.”

As if on cue, Anarchy in the UK plays and out come The Nation of Filth.

Angle Rating: 23

<td></tr></table>

</div>

TPW Tag Team Titles

Tag Team Match

60 Minute Time Limit

cY4g3cz.jpg8dNOGh5.jpg9eYBHkP.jpg

The Nation of Filth vs. Washington Project ©

• It is clear from their entrance that the crowd have zero interest in seeing The Nation of Filth wrestle. They don’t even get a booing, the crowd simply ignores them and only reacts whenever the champs do anything.
  • Professionals as they are, the Nation continue to do their patented moves like ‘The Pit Stop’ and the ‘Stinky Punk,’ but are met with an uncomfortable wall of silence. Whereas all one of the Washington’s has to do is land a punch and they are met with a standing ovation.
  • From a technical standpoint, the match itself is fine and despite the crowd reaction, there is at least some engagement a couple of minutes in, although that might be more to do with politeness than actually caring.
  • Despite the Nation acquitting themselves well, there’s no point where the titles seem in jeopardy and in what feels like the blink of an eye, the Washington Project hit the Declaration of Independence on Grunt for the victory.
  • The Washington Project successfully make defence number two of their TPW Tag Team titles.

Washington Project defeated The Nation Of Filth in 5:59 when Bobby Washington pinned Grunt with a Declaration of Independence.

Match Rating: 35

mlK5n82.jpg

Singles Match

30 Minute Time Limit

GXE5R9H.jpg8nnceP1.jpg

• The remaining member of the clique of Outlanders, Flash Savage enters the ring to a chorus of jeers. He is followed by Charlie Morrison to a heroes welcome.
  • To both their surprise at ringside, the masked man from earlier is stood watching the action. Billy and Bobby Washington run down to chase him off as inside the ring, the two men square up and referee Rock Austin calls for the bell.
  • Morrison delivers a quick Super Kick. He climbs the rope and delivers a high velocity senton to the prone Flash and hooks the legs and Austin counts to three as the Washington Project chase the masked man into the ring. As he’s running away from the tag team champions he delivers an almighty lariat to Morrison on his way through and runs into the crowd and out of The Lair.

Charlie Morrison defeated Flash Savage in 1:03 by pinfall with a High Velocity Senton.

Rating: 34

mlK5n82.jpg

No. 1 Contenders Match

Singles Match

60 Minute Time Limit

5gsjQgp.jpgF0jRwRD.jpg

Luke Cannon vs. Danny Utah

• In the most anticipated rematch in TPW history, Danny Utah faces Luke Cannon for a shot at The Masked Mauler VII’s TPW Championship.
  • Following the last two matches, the crowd are hungry for some classic TPW action and reach a fever pitch, or at least as much as 70 people can reach a fever pitch. There are duelling chants and the lights are even dimmed during the introductions with spotlights on each men.
  • To their credit, neither man seems phased by the buildup. And when the bell finally rings, neither rushes into combat; instead choosing to take their time. When they do finally lock-up it’s met with an enormous cheer from the crowd.
  • As before, there’s a feeling out process. Neither wants to slip up or make a mistake that could cost them in this high stakes matchup. The difference between their two matches becomes apparent quickly. Cannon, who has more power than Utah, decides to utilise long, stretching submission moves.
  • Utah, obviously expecting the start to be an exchange of fast power moves looks off balance by the slow, methodical approach of his opponent. But he regains control after a misstep by Cannon following an attempted clothesline in the corner.
  • Utah’s momentum builds and he hits big move after another. A series of rolling german suplexes. Followed with multiple clotheslines and even a powerbomb. Despite Cannon’s solid start, it’s Utah who controls the main portion of the match.
  • Cannon, despite being beaten like a mule, is able to consistently escape attempts at a Utahnator DDT. As he feels the energy of the crowd flowing through him, Cannon begins to shake with power. Utah’s hits have no effect.
  • Finally on his feet, Cannon points at Utah and starts raining down punches to his opponent. In the furore however, Cannon doesn’t notice the return of the masked man. This time heading down the ramp to the ring. And he’s not alone.
  • There are now four masked men heading to the ring at a run. They hit the ring and one hits a vicious Super Kick to the back of Rock Austin’s head, knocking him clean out. They then start beating both Utah and Cannon. Belly-to-Belly suplexes, Super Kicks, and powerbombs are levelled against the two men.
  • Washington Project along with Charlie Morrison hit the ring to fight them off and in seconds there is a huge brawl on the outside of the ring. Cannon is first to his feet and sees the melee outside and Utah unconscious in the ring. With referee Rock Austin stirring, he looks at his prone opponent and the easy win; bounces off the opposite rope and with added speed hurls himself over the top rope, wiping out the brawl beneath him.
  • Dazed and confused, Cannon gets to his feet unaware that he’s missed the biggest of the masked men, who levels him with a clothesline and then powerbombs him onto the pile of bodies on the floor.
  • Rock Austin has got to his feet, unaware of any of this and so he does the only thing he can do and starts counting Cannon out. Reaching the 10-count before either Cannon or Utah has got to his feet.
  • With Utah and Cannon both down, the four masked men enter the ring and make the 'O' shape with their hands while the crowd yell obscenities.

Danny Utah defeated Luke Cannon in 12:26 by count out.

Match Rating: 50

OVERALL SHOW RATING: 47

<td></tr></table>

</div>

The future is almost here…

WKCakZ4.jpg

So Mauler has been very convincing. His mad plan had been green-lit by me and the rest of production and the Masked Men had been contacted and brought in. When Mauler had explained the nature of the business and popularity, it was a no-brainer, even if it completely destroyed my long-term plans.

So Tiger Action 3 would be where we kick-started the invasion storyline into overdrive. One way or another, the Masked Men would be unveiled shortly and we hoped they mere appearance would boost our popularity and ticket sales. Obviously there was no such thing as a dead cert, but life is a game of confidence. So confident we were.

With plans in place, I allowed myself a couple of nights off. Sat in Sal’s Bar in the middle of Burlington, I did my best to enjoy the ice-cold tap beer and thought about the journey so far, when the doors to the place opened. Like a procession of noisy teenagers, the whole TPW roster flooded in. Some were met with amazed looks, others complete indifference. That changed when Danny Utah got to the bar and loudly announced the drinks were on him.

Luke Cannon had spotted me drinking alone and leapt into the empty stool next to me.

“Hey bookerman,” he said. “Come join us, we’re celebrating.”

“Celebrating what?” I asked.

“Me moving her,” he said brightly. “I’ve left sweet home Alabama and am now a Vermontian. It’s official-like.”

“Congrats,” I replied.

I liked Luke. He was good-looking, kind-hearted and always wore a smile as broad as his face. He really was the most Big-Stage-Ready prospect we had. He looked like a superhero and carried himself as a humble man. And his perfect foil was at the bar buying drinks for the locals. A cocky, talented and charismatic performer; Danny Utah had all the tools to make a huge career for himself too. For as long as they remained on the roster, we’d have a superb level of talent.

But my concern was with the others for now. There was so much talent and ability their too, but they needed more hand-holding. More moulding into superstars who could survive the rigours of this industry. And then there was me. I was still a rookie in my own right. Sure I was older, and about one tenth of the physical specimens of the others, but story-telling was my job and I was still getting to grips with it. Experience was everything in wrestling and I had less than a year under my belt at this level.

Self-doubt was my fatal flaw and always had been.

Just then Mauler VI placed his thick hand on my shoulder.

“Hey kid, have you ever heard of WrestleWorld?” he asked.

“No,” I replied.

“Well you’re going to, and I want to be ready for it. Let’s chat.”

mlK5n82.jpg

<td>

IRON CLAW!?! PODCAST #3 HIGHLIGHTS

aKcjB8k.jpg

The Masked Mauler VI starts his third podcast by discussing the Masked Men. He doesn’t know who they are, but he’s happy to see the TPW stars teach them a lesson so at the next event he’s given the mysterious invaders a contract and a match against some of the finest TPW have to offer.

If the masked men win, they can choose matches of their liking the following month. If they lose, they must unmask immediately.

This month’s great matches from other independent promotions:

CZCW Wave of Fury 2019 - Frankie Perez © defeated Masked Cougar in a match for the Coastal Zone Championship Title

GSW Uprising 2019 – Deaf Touch defeated Frankie Perez & Cali Slick in a match for the GSW American Title.

IPW Ultimate Alliance VII - Fiasco Fierce, Pablo Rodriguez & Frantic Ali defeated The Outlaw & American Cobras.

MAW The Battle of the Mid Atlantic – Pablo Rodriguez © defeated Miller Fforde in a match for the COTT World Heavyweight Title.

NSW Summer in the City 2019 – Matthew Keith © defeated Logan Wolfsbaine, Kip Keenan and Ricky Turner in a match for the NSW United States Title.

NYCW BKLYN Brawl 2019 – Tennessee William © defeated Hawkeye Calhoun in a match for the NYCW Empire Title.

PSW Philly Heatwave – Nelson Callum © defeated Xavi Ferrera in a match for the PSW Championship Title.

RMW Summer Helter Swelter 2019 – F.E.A.R. (Ace Youngblood & Rayne Man) © defeated The Bad Boys of Wrestling in a match for the RMW Tag Team Titles.

Still fired up, Mauler then introduces this week’s guest. Gerrard ‘Whistler’ Lee, former NYCW alumni and now owner of fellow start-up business Rocky Mountain Wrestling. Mauler congratulates Whistler on the creation of the team F.E.A.R. with Ace Youngblood and Rayne Man. They then talk about The Stomper, the former owner of NYCW and all the stories of them working together. There’s even a sense of a simmering rivalry.

Whistler is happy with how RMW is doing and even has kind words for Mauler about TPW, but for him the big problem is New Steel Wrestling. Apparently they’ve hoovered up all the best talent on the independent scene and have a fairly hostile relationship with most other companies. Whistler is not a fan of Phil Vibert and that nonsense hardcore group of losers.

Mauler for once is reasonably sheepish in his reactions to bad-mouthing of other promotions and moves on to what RMW fans have to look forward to this month. Whistler mentions a tag team main event featuring The McWade Brothers taking on F.E.A.R.

Whistler returns the favour and asks what the card is for TPW’s next show.

TPW Tiger Action 3

Team Wars Match: Luke Cannon, Charlie Morrison & Washington Project vs. The Masked Men

TPW Championship Title: Danny Utah vs. The Masked Mauler VI ©

TPW Pure Title: Marco Barrett vs. Smash Barrow ©

Captain Vermont vs. The Masked Mangler

Pegasus Bolt vs. Imran Khambati vs. Shovels O’Connell

Finally Mauler says he hopes that fans playing the Fantasy League to guess the results AND guess the identity of each of the Four Masked Men.

<td></tr></table>

</div>

Team Wars Match: Luke Cannon, Charlie Morrison & Washington Project vs. The Masked Men

TPW Championship Title: Danny Utah vs. The Masked Mauler VI ©

TPW Pure Title: Marco Barrett vs. Smash Barrow ©

Finally Mauler says he hopes that fans player the Fantasy League to guess the results AND guess the identity of each of the Four Masked Men

<div style="padding: 14px; border: 0px solid #737373; margin:10px;background: #ff7d1b; max-width:1200px;box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-position:center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-size:contain;"><table style="border: 5px solid #000000; background: #ffffff; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-repeat:repeat-y;background-size:contain;background-position:center;"; cellpadding="8px"; frame="box"; width="95%"><tr valign="top"><td>

24BEVTX.jpg

TPW Tiger Action 3

Saturday Week 4, September, 2019

Live from The Lair [burlington, Vermont University, New England]

68 in attendance

Commentators: Scotty Parker & Honest Frank

No. 1 Contenders Match for the TPW Tag Team Titles

Tag Team Match

30 Minute Time Limit

rQZntVU.jpg9kdIM6r.jpgxBZ6p5b.jpg

• A rematch from last month, granted due to the controversial nature of the Tapp Boyz win. With Washington Project set for the main event, Mauler VI chose to give DuBois & Iaupati another chance for success.
  • Fired up at their rematch, DuBois and Iaupati show a fire which has been missing in their previous matches. Pounding and beating the Tapp Boyz around the ring like Government mules.
  • The Tapp Boyz however show the sort of resilience they haven’t needed to in the past. And no matter how hard DuBois and Iaupati try, they can’t keep Lebron or Jordan pinned to the mat.
  • After a series of hard-hitting tag moves (double dropkicks, a dropkick from a Hart Attack position and a hurracanrana from a powerbomb) The Tapp boyz finally take control. With their opponents basically finished and ready to be pinned.
  • But Lebron decides to add the cherry on top and blasts DuBois with his chain, wrapped in an Anthony Davis jersey and then gets the pin.

The Tapp Boyz defeated Alexander Dubois and Silvio Iaupati in 10:10 when LeBron Quashie pinned Alexander Dubois after using a foreign object.

Match Rating: 35

mlK5n82.jpg

<td>

BACKSTAGE INTERVIEW

WKCakZ4.jpgIz56qi7.jpg

The Lair Production Stage…

Thomas Patrick: “Hello ladies and gentlemen to the biggest show we here at TPW have ever staged. Obviously we have a massive main event with the mysterious Masked Men taking on some of TPW’s finest. But it’s the other half of the massive double main event we’re here to talk about now. The Masked Mauler VII will be putting his TPW Championship on the line against the number one contender, Danny Utah. Mauler, welcome to the Production Stage.”

Masked Mauler VII: “Grrr, arggg.”

Thomas Patrick: “I see. So how are you fixed for tonight? Are you ready for Danny Utah?”

Masked Mauler VII: “RARGH!”

Thomas Patrick: “Well that certainly sounds like you’re ready to me. What key areas have you worked on in preparation?”

The Masked Mauler VII mimes a head-lock and a slap on the back.

Thomas Patrick: “A-ha, the Utahnator DDT. So you’ve scouted his finishing move?”

The Masked Mauler VII nods enthusiastically.

Thomas Patrick: “Very impressive. But how are you planning on getting the win?”

The Masked Mauler yells and holds his right hand (in a claw) with his left hand.

Thomas Patrick: “The dreaded IRON CLAW?!?”

The Masked Mauler feigns applying the lock on Thomas Patrick, who steps back quickly.

Thomas Patrick: “And there you have it, the champ is ready.”

Angle Rating: 28

<td></tr></table>

</div>

mlK5n82.jpg

Triple Threat Match

30 Minute Time Limit

rnZsJBR.jpgLEFPbkg.jpgYJ9iagy.jpg

• The Delicious Desai Imran Khambati has had mixed results so far, having found himself in two TPW Pure Title matches and failing to claim the gold on either occasion. We hear rumours that he’s upset at having been left out of Team TPW in the main event.
  • Pegasus Bolt and Shovels O’Connell have also struggled with form so far, although in different ways. Pegasus at least has some victories under his belt, but Shovels might be the most dominant performer without a clear victory so far.
  • The match itself is decent with Khambati and Bolt teaming up more than you might expect to try and take out the larger O’Connell. Despite the odds, he’s able to hold his own and, as you might expect, it isn’t long before Khambati has switched sides to team up with the hulking Irishman.
  • Just when it looks like Pegasus might get the win, Shovels delivers a huge powerbomb, only for Khambati to sling him out of the ring and steal the cover.

Imran Khambati defeated Pegasus Bolt and Shovels O'Connell in 11:43 when Imran Khambati pinned Pegasus Bolt after a powerbomb by O’Connell.

Match Rating: 25

mlK5n82.jpg

<td>

BACKSTAGE INTERVIEW

WKCakZ4.jpgyM61aGy.jpg

The Lair Production Stage…

Thomas Patrick: “Joining me now is one of the most dominant performers in TPW; the Pure Champion Smash Barrow.”

Smash Barrow: “One of?”

Thomas Patrick: “THE most dominant?”

Smash Barrow: “You’re damn right THE most dominant. You don’t see me hiding in tag team matches. I’ll fight anyone, anytime. And I’ll beat em too.”

Thomas Patrick: “Your oppoenent tonight is a man who calls himself The King; Marco Barrett.”

Smash Barrow: “Anyone can call themselves anything. I could walk around telling people I’m the Queen of Japan; doesn’t make it true.”

Thomas Patrick: “Maybe so, but he’s a strong competitor.”

Smash Barrow: “If you say so. I find it tough to be scared of man wearing a tiara.”

Thomas Patrick: “I think it’s a crown.”

Smash Barrow: “If you say so.”

<td></tr></table>

</div>

mlK5n82.jpg

Singles Match

30 Minute Time Limit

1zvO7Dm.jpg83F1Wad.jpg

• A battle of two of TPW’s masked men sees fan favourite Captain Vermont take on the dastardly Masked Mangler.
  • Neither man has set the world on fire so fire, but Cap is at least popular with the TPW faithful, being the third best merchandise mover in the company.
  • A surprisingly technical exhibition unfolds between the two, but the crowd are only half-invested as they want to see the Masked Men in the main event.
  • Despite MAngler’s best efforts to cheat his way to victory, the incomparable Captain Vermont hooks Mangler’s neck and arm together and delivers a Vermont Driver for the 3-count and the clean victory.

Captain Vermont defeated The Masked Mangler in 10:29 by pinfall with a Vermont Driver.

Match Rating: 20

mlK5n82.jpg

TPW Pure Title

Singles Match

Pure Rules

60 Minute Time Limit

D7fTAYF.jpgyM61aGy.jpg

Marco Barrett vs. Smash Barrow ©

• Carried to the ring on an actual throne, Marco Barrett truly lives up to his nickname of The King. Smash meanwhile marches to the ring with purpose and a killer look in his eyes. He doesn’t need the gimmicks of other wrestlers. He’s a fighter, pure and simple.
  • The bell rings and the two begin. This is the first time Marco has had to abide by Pure rules, which means no cheating, no DQs and no count outs. Something he struggles with.
  • After a particularly obvious low blow, referee Rock Austin gives him a warning and Smash Barrow gives him a very stiff right hand.
  • Finally obeying the rules, Marco begins stacking up offense against the champion, using his slightly larger frame and reach to inflict painful submissions on Smash.
  • Unfortunately for him, Smash is in his element with submissions and while trying to apply a, very ambitious, Mexican Surfboard, the champion unlocks the legs and spins onto his opponent and twists him up in a guillotine choke.
  • The King wriggles to free himself, but only succeeds in opening up his back and Smash is on him, applying the crippling crossface. With nowhere to go, The King taps to the Champ.
  • Smash Barrow makes defence number three of the TPW Pure title.

Smash Barrow defeated Marco Barrett in 9:52 by submission with a Crossface.

Match Rating: 30

mlK5n82.jpg

<td>

BACKSTAGE INTERVIEW

WKCakZ4.jpgF0jRwRD.jpge7DncXH.jpg

The Lair Production Stage… Danny Utah and Bootsy are stood with Thomas Patrick…

Thomas Patrick: “We’re back folks with the challenger to the TPW Championship…”

Danny Utah snatches the microphone from Thomas Patrick.

Danny Utah: “Shut up! Now is not the time for introductions or slick productions. Now it’s Utah Time. Ever since I was a little boy, I made a promise to myself. A promise to be the absolute best in whatever I turned my hand to. What I’ve turned my hand to, is combat. There is not one wrestler on this roster, or this country, or this world who can match me move for move. I am the Living Legend. I am Danny Utah. And tonight, I prove to the world exactly what I’ve always known. Come on Bootsy!”

Danny Utah pulls Bootsy by the hand out of the production stage.

Thomas Patrick: “Well, there we have it. A very focused, fired up and confident Danny Utah.”

<td></tr></table>

</div>

mlK5n82.jpg

TPW Championship Title

Singles Match

60 Minute Time Limit

F0jRwRD.jpgIz56qi7.jpg

Danny Utah vs. The Masked Mauler ©

• Danny Utah; complete with leather jacket and shades struts to the ring. But he doesn’t have time for showboating. Tonight he’s all business. The champion; The Masked Mauler, prowls to the ring, holding his hand up and shouting gibberish to the crowd, who are firmly on the side of Danny Utah tonight.
  • Mauler, unhinged as always barely recognises the boos of the crowd and the moment the match starts begins to stalk his prey. Utah attempts a few jabs and kicks, but Mauler keeps moving forward.
  • They eventually lock-up and Mauler’s power wins out as he locks up the athletic Utah in variations of bearhugs before getting bored and just punching his opponent.
  • Unlike Utah’s previous fast-paced matches, this is far more methodical. Mauler, clearly enjoying himself, nails a delayed vertical suplex. A full nelson and even a BIG SWING, the result of which see both Mauler and Utah staggering around the ring unable to connect with any punches.
  • The crowd, still hot from previous matches tonight, are absolutely loving every second of the match, and can sense change in the air. Despite Mauler’s early dominance, Utah finds a second gear and begins to lay down punishment to the champ.
  • At the start of a minor comeback for Mauler, Bootsy gets on the apron for the distraction, but whatever she’s selling, the Mauler isn’t buying. What he is buying however, is the Masked Man appearing at ringside.
  • Climbing onto the ring, the Masked Man throws Bootsy to the floor, causing Utah to charge over to defend her honour. The Masked Man gets counters the attack and drops Utah’s neck on the top rope in full view of referee Rock Austin, who has no choice but to call for the DQ.
  • After the match, the Masked Man is joined by his three teammates and they deliver a beatdown on Mauler and Utah. The largest of the four grabs a microphone and shouts “It’s time, get out here for your beating.”

Danny Utah defeated The Masked Mauler VII in 14:09 when The Masked Mauler VII was disqualified when one of the Masked Men ran in and attacked Danny Utah.

Match Rating: 33

mlK5n82.jpg

Team Wars

Eight-Man Tag Team Match

60 Minute Time Limit

GXE5R9H.jpg5gsjQgp.jpg9eYBHkP.jpg

I6pjoL8.jpgI6pjoL8.jpgI6pjoL8.jpgI6pjoL8.jpg

Team TPW (Charlie Morrison, Luke Cannon & Washington Project) vs. The Masked Men

• Forgoing official introductions; Luke Cannon, Charlie Morrison and the Washington Project rush the ring as Danny Utah and Masked Mauler are carried out, still reeling for their beatdown.
  • Team TPW are angry and charge their opponents leading to a huge pier 6 brawl between the 8 men. Punches, kicks, lariats are exchanged with neither side giving an inch. After a flurry which sees the Masked Men knocked outside the ring and to the floor, referee Rock Austin takes the opportunity to get control of the match.
  • Outside the four masked men get into a huddle, obviously to discuss tactics. With Rock Austin pushing the Washington Project and Charlie Morrison to the apron, he takes his eyes off Luke Cannon for a second, in which time he bounces off one set of ropes for momentum and flings himself over the opposite top rope straight into the huddled Masked Men.
  • To his feet first, Cannon then grabs the biggest Masked Man and drags him into the ring and the match finally begins. Tagging quickly and efficiently, Team TPW are able to keep control in the early going. The Washington Project are obviously used to tag team matches, but both Morrison and Cannon seem to have developed their skills quickly too.
  • Despite their early setbacks, The Masked Men are able to gain control after a low blow behind the referee’s back. The two smaller wrestlers seem even more fluid and smooth than the Washington Project. Dropkicks, top rope splashes and superkicks allow them to keep Charlie Morrison beaten down in their corner.
  • Whenever Morrison seems to make a comeback, they tag in one of the bigger two men to deliver high-powered moves that leave him reeling. The crowd are firmly on the side of Team TPW, but the impressive offensive arsenal of The Masked Men does occasionally win them over.
  • Finally, after an impressive display of stamina, Charlie Morrison is able to get the hot tag to Luke Cannon, who runs wild against the Masked Men. Delivery punches and suplexes to the delight of the crowd. He knocks the biggest Masked Man against the ropes and at high-speed the two clatter into one another, over the top rope and to the outside.
  • Washington Project then storm the ring and get into a series of quick reversals with another two of the masked men, which leads to them brawling outside.
  • Only the beaten and sweating Charlie Morrison is left against the one remaining masked man. Morrison makes a spirited fight of it, but falls to a big belly-to-belly suplex. The biggest Masked Man then enters the ring having left Cannon flat on his back outside. He taps his teammate on the shoulder, telling him to ‘cover me.’ His teammate climbs out the ring to continue the assault against Cannon.
  • The big masked man lines up the jelly-legged Charlie Morrison and delivers.. The Hit. For the victory.

The Masked Men defeated Charlie Morrison, Luke Cannon and The Washington Project in 23:38 when the largest Masked Man pinned Charlie Morrison after The Hit.

Rating: 43

<td>

POST-MATCH

aUHKjoo.jpgH8hCXFC.jpg

The announcers are losing their mind…

Scotty Parker: “I don’t, I don’t, I don’t believe my eyes. Did you see that Frank?”

Honest Frank: “You’re damn right I saw it. You’re GODDAM RIGHT I SAW IT. That Scotty, was The Hit. There’s only one man in professional wrestler who uses that as a finisher. And I for one, am excited!”

Scotty Parker: “You’re right, but surely it can’t be them.”

Back in the ring…

The Masked Men, having destroyed Team TPW all line up in the ring. They raise each others arms, before making the ‘O’ shape with their hands. The largest of them steps forward and together the four lower their heads in unison, grabbing the back of their masks and pulling them off.

p0QBrGB.jpgFfYaMLV.jpgIXibLEJ.jpgmjN4Rxk.jpg

Honest Frank: “Hah, I knew it. I KNEW IT! That’s Ernest Youngman, Logan Wolfsbaine and The Heartbreak Express. They’re here. They’re actually here. Pinch me!”

Scotty Parker: “Ladies and gentleman, I can’t believe I’m actually saying this. But THE STEEL CIRCLE are here in TPW.”

Honest Frank: “That’s right Scotty and this place; ain’t never going to be the same again!”

Angle Rating: 44

<td></tr></table>

</div>

OVERALL SHOW RATING: 41

<td></tr></table>

</div>