[RELEASE] Territory Daze

I love that the mod got updated but why dont have the european wrestlers any popularity in Europe?

Also I have a question about what you think about that mini addon I made called Eurocatch70?

From the original post:

Employment Histories - I referred to it earlier in the "Information" part but I just wanted to expand on this: every single worker in the modification has an "Employment History" of some kind unless they’re ‘yet to debut’ and this is done to give you, the player, an idea of the persons background and where he/she has spent most of their time. As you’ll no doubt see, I’ve neglected to include any past promotions which I’ve not included in the modification and this is to increase the playability of it. The way I see it, you want popularity and things of that nature to be limited to what is playable in the game so although many of these guys have varying degrees of popularity in Puerto Rico for example, you’ll notice that no one actually has any popularity there because I haven’t included a Puerto Rican promotion (at the start of the game, anyway). So yes, you may find a worker who should have an "Employment History" with many different promotions and therefore popularity in various regions, but unless the territory/promotion is a part of the game, I’ve neglected to include them.

I get that can be frustrating if you have a desire to open a promotion in Europe and you're basically starting out from zeros, but it's the way I prefer to do things. If European wrestling wasn't such a hot mess during this time period and I was able to add a definitive promotion, I'd be happy to give some of the European guys popularity if they had worked for said promotion. It's just really hard to work out because records are very rare.

I haven't had the chance to play any modifications or add-ons due to life commitments and work on my own modifications. It's cool to see people doing add-ons for my work though, so I highly appreciate it. :)

• 7 months later...
Love this mod!!!

Does anybody know which mod would fit it well if I import workers from another mod? So I can have more people debuting throught the years as future workers?

Here's a list of "Yet to Debut" workers from my Shifting Sands modification:

Adam Cole, Adam Page, AJ Lee, Alexa Bliss, Allysin Kay, Amy Hennig, Angélico, Arisa Hoshiki, Ashley Flair, Big E Langston, Brett DiBiase, Brie & Nikki Bella, Cedric Alexander, Chase Owens, Chris Brookes, Chimaera, Cody Rhodes, Colby Corino, Daichi Hashimoto, Daisuke Harada, Dario Cueto, Dave Bradshaw, David Starr, Davina Rose, Dominik Mysterio, Donovan Dijak, Dragon Lee, Dragon Lee II, Eddie Dennis, El Hijo de L.A. Park, El Hijo de Rey Misterio, El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., El Hijo del Ninja, El Hijo del Villano III, Ethan Page, Glen Joseph, G-Rilla, Hamuko Hoshi, Harv Sihra, Heidi Lovelace, Hikaru Shida, Hiromu Takahashi, Ian Riccaboni, Ilja Dragunov, Io Shirai, Jack Gallagher, Jacob Fatu, Jake Clemons, Jake Hager, Jake Lee, Jay White, Jeff Cobb, Jessamyn Duke, Jesse White, Jessie McKay, Jey Uso, Jim Smallman, Jimmy Uso, Joe Coffey, Joe Gacy, Joe Hennig, Joey Janela, John Silver, Jon Barber, Jon Briley, Jonathan Vargas, Josh Jeanneret, Judas Devlin, Jungle Boy, Kairi Hojo, Kaitlyn, Karlee Perez, Kay Lee Ray, KC Cassidy, Kelly Kelly, Kenoh, Kenta Sato, Kento Miyahara, Kevin Kross, Kid Lykos, King Fale, Kofi Kingston, Konami, Konosuke Takeshita, Kris Levin, Kyosuke Mikami, Lacey Von Erich, Lady Chicana, Lance Anoa'i, Layla El, Lince Dorado, Malachi Jackson, Malcolm Monroe III, Mandrews, Marcel Barthel, Adrian Severe, Marina Shafir, Mark Billington, Mark Burnett, Mark Coffey, Mark Dallas, Mark Haskins, Marshall Von Erich, Martin Kirby, Maryse Ouellet, Masashi Takeda, Matt Silva, Matt Taven, Mattias Wild, Maxwell Jacob Friedman, Mayu Iwatani, Mercedes KV, Mia Yim, Mike Bell, Mike DiBiase, Mike Hitchman, Mike Sydal, Mio Shirai, Miro, Misaki Ohata, Miyako Matsumoto, Morgan Webster, Naomi Night, Naoya Nomura, Nia Jax, Nicole Matthews, Nicole Savoy, Nikki Storm, Noam Dar, Perseus, Pete Dunne, Rich Swann, Richie Steamboat, Ricky Knight Jr., Robbie Eagles, Robert Rodriguez, Roman Reigns, Ronda Rousey, Ross Von Erich, Rush, Ryan Nemeth, Ryota Hama, Salvador Lutteroth III, Sami Callihan, Samuel Shaw, Samuray del Sol, Santana Garrett, Sareee, Sarona Snuka, Satoshi Oji, Scarlett Bordeaux, Seiya Sanada, Sexy Star, Shane Strickland, Shane Taylor, Shaul Guerrero, Shayna Baszler, Shinichi Nakayama, Shinpie Nogami, Sho Tanaka, Sofia Alonso, Sparkey Ballard, Steven Fludder, Syuri, Takaaki Kidani, Takaaki Watanabe, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Taya Valkyrie, Taylor Rotunda, T-Bone, Ted DiBiase Jr., Tesse Blanchard, Tetsuya Bushi, Tetsuya Endo, Tetsuya Naito, Thomas Billington, Tim Donst, Tomomitsu Matsunaga, Tony Khan, Travis Banks, Trent Seven, Trevor Lee, Tsukasa Fujimoto, Tyler Bate, Uhaa Nation, Ultimo Ninja, Villano III Jr., Viper, Will Ospreay, Willie Mack, Windham Rotunda, YAMATO, Yohei Komatsu, YOSHI-HASHI, Yukai Ishino, Yuma Aoyagi & Zach Gibson.

Their skills will mesh well with those already in Territory Daze (because I made both) and their biographies will be set up appropriately without any mention of having already debuted. You'll still have to import things like relationships but you should be able to find appropriate images in the nGo pack of most if not all those names. The 80s and 90s do have a fair few names already, so this list should solve a lot of the problems with the years following that. I will include these myself at some point and put out an update but I just haven't got 'round to it yet. Glad you love it though. :)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is great Mammoth and I am using it as my base. I am using it in conjunction with A New Trust (for older manager/announcers and Hall of immortals)  Big Bang (get some jobbers) and Death of the territories (broadcasters and events)

Your bios are brilliant and the alter egos are very well done! Thank you so much!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I've been working really hard on a huge update for this and I was desperately trying to get it out for Christmas but alas, as you can tell, there's still some stuff I want to finish up. I could spoil it and tell you what it entails but where's the fun in that? Hopefully it's only a week or two away though, so I'll reveal more then. I hope you all had an excellent Christmas. :) 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry. It's taking a bit longer than expected. Not only did a few things pop in my life that meant I couldn't do as much as I hoped I could in the aforementioned one/two week(s) but when I did get to finish up what I have started, it led me to other things I wanted to incorporate. Right now, I have 32 names left to add so it'll probably be done in under a week. My apologies everyone but I assure you, if you're a fan of this modification, you're going to love this update.

• Like 10

DOWNLOADS

DATABASE

Click Me

PICTURES

Click Me

I’m pleased to announce that Version 3.0 of Territory Daze is now officially released. It really is a huge update so if you’ve never played this modification before, now is the time to do so. Or, if you’re a regular player of this modification, I think you’re going to see a big difference in how things look, how the game world develops, and how many workers you recognise as they come into the game world. Here are a few examples of what is included in this update:

• With a big thank you to Taker, I’ve added narratives that comprise the whole of the 1970s. It really brings the game world to life and also adds a bit of colour to those other shows you’re competing with outside of the wrestling world. 

• I’ve added a European scene with the additions of Frances “Fédération Française de Catch Professionnel” and Germanys “Internationaler Berufsringkämpfer-Verband” which has allowed me to give workers who were already in the data their set European popularity whilst also expanding the modification. For example, André the Giant now has popularity in his native France.

• I’ve completely redone title histories; fixing countless errors that have come to light since I first made the modification, improving some pictures and also changing the date format of all titles.

• I basically started from scratch with the whole picture pack, improving countless things to ensure things are a lot more uniform from one worker to the next. I’ve also changed a lot of pictures to better quality ones, and/or tried my best to improve the quality of the pictures that I already had. I think this picture pack is about as good as it can get when I’m searching for pictures of people from the 70s but as always, if you find a better picture, please let me know.

• And, as always, I’ve improved the number of workers (both workers from the start and those yet to debut). The number I started with was 1,723, and the number now stands at 2,295 which gives you an idea of how many names I’ve added.

There's probably a bunch more that I've done that you'll notice but I'll leave them for you to find rather than spoil any small, nice surprises. So, without further ado, get out there and play this modification and above all else, enjoy yourselves. You've earned it. And if you'd like to buy me a bottle of Coke (I don't drink coffee) for my work, you'll find the information below - as always. Thank you for dropping by.

Grey Dog Software has recently made it very clear that we aren't allowed to link directly to donations on their forums to ensure they're covered if anything was to go wrong, but they've graciously allowed people to do it through third party websites such as social media. Therefore, I've created a Twitter account to simply link people to my (or more importantly my wife's) PayPal account. Please be aware that all my modifications are and ALWAYS WILL BE freeware and I do them because I enjoy it, but if you would like to give me something in return then it'll be truly appreciated. Thanks.

Link: Click Me

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I've been slowly setting up a save for this since the update and there are a surprising amount of names I'm familiar with so I'm excited to get started after going through all the workers, plan is for Andre to dethrone Bruno then Flair to dethrone Andre to transition more in to the modern era with less big men on top and shorter title reigns that aren't always years long, I have no idea how to go about PPVs/end of month events in this era, does it make sense for them to be televised yet and if so would it be cable, subscription or PPV?

There were no subscriptions and although there were PPV providers around this time, they certainly didn't find professional wrestling as a worthwhile airer. Obviously, you could pretend you are a pioneer and be the first to run a PPV but if you want to be more realistic, they'd more often than not just be televised (on cable) as a "normal" show but bring about the end of storylines and be more likely to see a title change hands.

• Like 1

Trying WWWF this time with the update - just a small thing for if you ever do another update, according to Wiki the tag titles in WWWF at this time were still held by Victor Rivera and Tony Marino. Bruno and Battman's win wasn't recognised (they beat the former holders the Rising Sons in Pittsburgh, but the Rising Sons had actually lost the belts to Marino and Rivera a few days before in NYC, I assume it's some house show VS air date shenanigans).

Fantastic update Mammoth, thanks again for the hard work as always :)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'm about a year and a half deep in my main game on this with Championship Wrestling from Florida and absolutely loving it. I thought I'd suggest the following changes for any future updates based on some tinkering I've done with the data, the main two being EMLL and AJW as they are historically significant but do not last long in the data.

Majors

• EMLL gets into money loss very very quickly (potentially larger than 250k per month). As the biggest company in the world and the longest running to the point they still run today in the form of CMLL, it's a big issue if they're one of the first to go out of business. I can't entirely figure out how to fix this one as - per my final "suggestion" - the data seems to make them obsessed with signing written contracts they can't afford.
    • Chavo and Salvador Lutteroth's business attitudes should probably be more conservative to encourage them not to waste money.
    • I'd add in an end of month show for every month that a supercard isn't taking place just so they can make some gate and change Super Viernes to a lesser show
    • Add Super Viernes as a dormant TV show in addition to a weekly TV event
    • Change the Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara training facilities to 30% on Training and Facilities. It absolutely wrecks the costs of the company being so high (over half of the 250k mentioned is down to costs of the training facilities)
    • Production - Raise merch to pro, reduce live event to medium, reduce music to local - all minimal cost saving measures.
    • For some reason, Lutteroth's business attitude starts the game as hostile despite your data being set to "normal". EMLL becomes obsessed with signing written contracts, which destroys their finances very quickly. I can't figure out if this is TEW programming as he's reached Medium level or if this is a bug. The only fix I can really find for this is to give them a lot more money to start with (and being the only noteable wrestling company in Mexico, it probably isn't unreasonable) and hope they manage to start making a profit before it runs out.
  • AJW can become unable to run shows due to their hiring rules and lack of Joshi in the game, it's especially bad if you don't have game generated workers turned on as the dojo won't produce anyone, and some people don't generally like to include "fake" people in historic games so a couple of suggestions to keep them running. The below should make them able to at the very least last longer, if not turn a small profit, especially with time.
    • AJW were always a group open to working with other promotions, and whilst Takashi Matsunaga has the "open" business attitude, I would suggest the "unifier" business attitude towards companies to encourage trading deals.
    • Again in relation to the above - make the bulk of - if not all - female wrestlers in the US available to wrestle in Japan and give them a boost in popularity in Japan (Moolah in particular has just 5 pop across Japan, but she was a big name over there for them, ditto Mildred Burke who only has 10 in Kanto). The American women would often come across and do excursions and tours, so it seems only right to make them available in Japan.
    • In addition, due to the hiring rule causing issues, I would suggest removing the "no hires over 30" rule, or at the very least increase it significantly to at least 40, but removing it altogether seems the better option. I know this goes against the real life "retire at 26" rule they had, but I think most players would agree they'd rather see the promotion survive with a little change to realism than go out of business entirely.
    • Suggested additions to the AJW wrestling roster are:
      • Miyuki Yanagi / Masked Killer
      • Mariko Akagi / Masked Marie
      • Hiroko Onishi / Masked Lee / Miss Z
        • Even with these, they would need more wrestlers to fulfil their estimated roster, I would also suggest adding the following Joshi wrestlers who weren't with AJW - Chiyo Obata and Terumi Sakura.
    • Reduce event and TV length so that they don't need as many wrestlers per show
    • Reduce music to "Generic" level to save on production.
    • Change the breakdown of pop to the following in order to give their finances a boost from merch sales:
      • 35 in Kanto (as is in 3.0)
      • 15 in Kyushu (as is in 3.0)
      • 10 across the rest of Japan
    • Related to the above - you should also reduce Fuji TV requirements on quality, popularity and company size so the TV deal doesn't get scrapped as it lasted until 1997 in real life, also increase revenue split
    • Change AJW TV to "AJW Women's Professional Wrestling"
    • Reduce weekly house shows to as low a length as they will go, make the monthly show just half an hour longer than this
    • Arguably most significantly - the AJW Dojo absolutely brutalises finances, costing more each month than AJW can possibly make even if they can run shows. Reduce the Training to 30%, and Facilities to 20%. This gives you a more reasonable 3 graduates a year, and the quality of early AJW graduates is not the same as the level that came out of the late 70s/early 80s, so it's more realistic.
    • Add Kenji Matsunaga and Toshikuni Matsunaga - two more of the Matsunaga brothers - to the company. Both would act as referees and road agents.

Minors

• Pat Patterson does not have the "Agent of Rumbles" attribute. He's basically the reason Royal Rumble became a thing and was so good, this should be added to him.
  • Moolah was wrestling late into life (not as regulars, obviously, but later than the 70s) and so should be given the "Desperado" attribute.
  • Due to the lack of wrestlers available in the period, India has no chance of opening a promotion. Whilst of course nobody did run a promotion there and it's entirely reasonable not to include them in a 70s mod, I would perhaps suggest giving some random non-Indian veterans the ability to work India just so there's a slim chance of it happening for a bit of that "alt-universe potential" feel.
  • In general I think too many wrestlers have "100%" Face/Heel attributes. I understand it's to effectively sim the lack of turns for the time period, but I feel like a lot of them would be better off with "Better As..." Face/Heel for their attribute as it's somewhat restrictive to the player otherwise in what they might see someone as. Probably the smallest and least significant suggestion as it's more a personal quirk than anything that affects the game world.
  • As mentioned above - according to Wiki the tag titles in WWWF at this time were still held by Victor Rivera and Tony Marino. Bruno and Battman's win wasn't recognised (they beat the former holders the Rising Sons in Pittsburgh, but the Rising Sons had actually lost the belts to Marino and Rivera a few days before in NYC, I assume it's some house show VS air date shenanigans).

Phenomenal work mammoth, it and Shifting Sands are more than well-earned as two of my favourite mods, the amount of detail is absolutely second to none for mods and I've been raving all about this one over on EWB's talk about your game thread.

Edited by benjirino
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, benjirino said:

I'm about a year and a half deep in my main game on this with Championship Wrestling from Florida and absolutely loving it. I thought I'd suggest the following changes for any future updates based on some tinkering I've done with the data, the main two being EMLL and AJW as they are historically significant but do not last long in the data.

Majors

• EMLL gets into money loss very very quickly (potentially larger than 250k per month). As the biggest company in the world and the longest running to the point they still run today in the form of CMLL, it's a big issue if they're one of the first to go out of business. I can't entirely figure out how to fix this one as - per my final "suggestion" - the data seems to make them obsessed with signing written contracts they can't afford.
    • Chavo and Salvador Lutteroth's business attitudes should probably be more conservative to encourage them not to waste money.
    • I'd add in an end of month show for every month that a supercard isn't taking place just so they can make some gate and change Super Viernes to a lesser show
    • Add Super Viernes as a dormant TV show in addition to a weekly TV event
    • Change the Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara training facilities to 30% on Training and Facilities. It absolutely wrecks the costs of the company being so high (over half of the 250k mentioned is down to costs of the training facilities)
    • Production - Raise merch to pro, reduce live event to medium, reduce music to local - all minimal cost saving measures.
    • For some reason, Lutteroth's business attitude starts the game as hostile despite your data being set to "normal". EMLL becomes obsessed with signing written contracts, which destroys their finances very quickly. I can't figure out if this is TEW programming as he's reached Medium level or if this is a bug. The only fix I can really find for this is to give them a lot more money to start with (and being the only noteable wrestling company in Mexico, it probably isn't unreasonable) and hope they manage to start making a profit before it runs out.
  • AJW can become unable to run shows due to their hiring rules and lack of Joshi in the game, it's especially bad if you don't have game generated workers turned on as the dojo won't produce anyone, and some people don't generally like to include "fake" people in historic games so a couple of suggestions to keep them running. The below should make them able to at the very least last longer, if not turn a small profit, especially with time.
    • AJW were always a group open to working with other promotions, and whilst Takashi Matsunaga has the "open" business attitude, I would suggest the "unifier" business attitude towards companies to encourage trading deals.
    • Again in relation to the above - make the bulk of - if not all - female wrestlers in the US available to wrestle in Japan and give them a boost in popularity in Japan (Moolah in particular has just 5 pop across Japan, but she was a big name over there for them, ditto Mildred Burke who only has 10 in Kanto). The American women would often come across and do excursions and tours, so it seems only right to make them available in Japan.
    • In addition, due to the hiring rule causing issues, I would suggest removing the "no hires over 30" rule, or at the very least increase it significantly to at least 40, but removing it altogether seems the better option. I know this goes against the real life "retire at 26" rule they had, but I think most players would agree they'd rather see the promotion survive with a little change to realism than go out of business entirely.
    • Suggested additions to the AJW wrestling roster are:
      • Miyuki Yanagi / Masked Killer
      • Mariko Akagi / Masked Marie
      • Hiroko Onishi / Masked Lee / Miss Z
        • Even with these, they would need more wrestlers to fulfil their estimated roster, I would also suggest adding the following Joshi wrestlers who weren't with AJW - Chiyo Obata and Terumi Sakura.
    • Reduce event and TV length so that they don't need as many wrestlers per show
    • Reduce music to "Generic" level to save on production.
    • Change the breakdown of pop to the following in order to give their finances a boost from merch sales:
      • 35 in Kanto (as is in 3.0)
      • 15 in Kyushu (as is in 3.0)
      • 10 across the rest of Japan
    • Related to the above - you should also reduce Fuji TV requirements on quality, popularity and company size so the TV deal doesn't get scrapped as it lasted until 1997 in real life, also increase revenue split
    • Change AJW TV to "AJW Women's Professional Wrestling"
    • Reduce weekly house shows to as low a length as they will go, make the monthly show just half an hour longer than this
    • Arguably most significantly - the AJW Dojo absolutely brutalises finances, costing more each month than AJW can possibly make even if they can run shows. Reduce the Training to 30%, and Facilities to 20%. This gives you a more reasonable 3 graduates a year, and the quality of early AJW graduates is not the same as the level that came out of the late 70s/early 80s, so it's more realistic.
    • Add Kenji Matsunaga and Toshikuni Matsunaga - two more of the Matsunaga brothers - to the company. Both would act as referees and road agents.

Minors

• Pat Patterson does not have the "Agent of Rumbles" attribute. He's basically the reason Royal Rumble became a thing and was so good, this should be added to him.
  • Moolah was wrestling late into life (not as regulars, obviously, but later than the 70s) and so should be given the "Desperado" attribute.
  • Due to the lack of wrestlers available in the period, India has no chance of opening a promotion. Whilst of course nobody did run a promotion there and it's entirely reasonable not to include them in a 70s mod, I would perhaps suggest giving some random non-Indian veterans the ability to work India just so there's a slim chance of it happening for a bit of that "alt-universe potential" feel.
  • In general I think too many wrestlers have "100%" Face/Heel attributes. I understand it's to effectively sim the lack of turns for the time period, but I feel like a lot of them would be better off with "Better As..." Face/Heel for their attribute as it's somewhat restrictive to the player otherwise in what they might see someone as. Probably the smallest and least significant suggestion as it's more a personal quirk than anything that affects the game world.
  • As mentioned above - according to Wiki the tag titles in WWWF at this time were still held by Victor Rivera and Tony Marino. Bruno and Battman's win wasn't recognised (they beat the former holders the Rising Sons in Pittsburgh, but the Rising Sons had actually lost the belts to Marino and Rivera a few days before in NYC, I assume it's some house show VS air date shenanigans).

Phenomenal work mammoth, it and Shifting Sands are more than well-earned as two of my favourite mods, the amount of detail is absolutely second to none for mods and I've been raving all about this one over on EWB's talk about your game thread.

Firstly, thank you so much for this. This is exactly the type of feedback I love. If there's anyone out there afraid of telling me stuff like this because you don't want to offend me, I promise you it won't as I want to know what's wrong with the modification to make it better in the long run!

Yes, in terms of EMLL, the AI has always been a problem for modifications that are set before 1983 as written contracts cause no end of problems. I really hope in future iterations there's a way to turn written contracts on and off with eras to basically nullify them until the wrestling world is set for them. Here's a response to your excellent suggestions:

• I'm certainly prepared to alter both Salvador Lutteroths and Chavo Lutteroths business finance to be slightly more "mean", and it's a great suggestion. 
  • I honestly couldn't believe that I hadn't filled in the rest of the months for EMLL until I went to look at the database. Truthfully, that's something I always thought I implemented as it's obvious they'd need those gates - and I can't believe I missed it. It'll certainly be fixed for future updates. I'm not sure Super Viernes needs to be lesser though, but I'll do some simulating and see if it needs to be brought down.
  • Great suggestion as it'll hopefully lead the AI.
  • Good catch. I can't remember setting them that high but I must have played with at some point and forgot to drop it back down, because they shouldn't be having that many graduates anyway - let alone incurring those sorts of costs. I haven't checked, but 30% sounds a little low for my liking but I'll certainly investigate this area further and try to come up with something that suits the game (doesn't bankrupt EMLL) but is still close to real life.
  • I'll take another look at production but as you say, saving will be minimal anyway.
  • Hmm. It's the first time I've been informed that Salvador's business attitude changes at the start of play so I couldn't give you an answer as to whether it's a bug or something else. I'm more than willing to change it to "Defensive" though as I actually think that's probably closer to real life anyway, and hopefully that'll stop him actively going out and poaching everyone he can as he'll only become hostile if people try taking his talent and/or move into his territory. If it still changes at the start of the game though, I'll consider upping EMLL's finances.

AJW has always been a big issue, and how they managed in real life for as long as they did is truly beyond me. I'm always trying to strike that balance between realistic and what is actually possible in the game. I've warred over whether to remove their hiring rule or not so much, you wouldn't believe it. As there just isn't enough information of other joshi workers around the start date of the modification, I think I just have to bite the bullet and take the hiring rule away even though it was a big part of their identity in real life. Here's my response to the rest of your comments:

• Great suggestion as it would obviously make a lot more sense for AJW to be more front foot forward rather than waiting for other companies to come to them. Thanks.
  • All the women who did tours of Japan are available in Japan to the best of my knowledge, and I'm afraid I won't make anyone else available in Japan unless there's proof that they did compete there. Mildred Burke is a difficult one for me as I don't like to add popularity unless there's a promotion in the database that explains it (which is why Europe was such a problem until the most recent update) so whilst she was HUGELY popular in Japan, I can't make that clear as she never appeared in AJW. Thinking about it now, I may add the World Wide Women's Wrestling Association as a defunct promotion and give them suitable popularity in Japan as it's under this umbrella that Burke made her name in Japan so it should all tie together, and also explain why AJW use WWWA titles. As for The Fabulous Moolah, she was widely known because of her appearances in magazines as the NWA Women's World Champion but she didn't begin appearing in Japan until the 1970s as far as I'm aware, so I may increase it slightly but I wouldn't personally make her one of the stars of Japan, which is basically the same for all the other American women willing to work in Japan.
  • Yeah, I think I'm definitely going to have to bite the bullet on this one.
  • Joshi workers never stick in my head in terms of being able to remember them without doing some research. If these women were in and around AJW at this time, the chances are I came across them and thought about adding them but probably couldn't find enough information on them. I'll certainly look again though and see if I can add them to the modification, so thanks.
  • I honestly couldn't believe their End of Month show was set to 2 and a half hours. Again, that seems like a complete oversight because I can't imagine or remember why I would have set that so high. All of this will definitely be looked at for future updates.
  • Their production at this time could basically all be considered "Generic" at this time if you ever get the chance to see footage from it so I'm certainly not opposed to making their music generic. If my memory serves me right, I only altered some of their production levels to suit the game mechanics, otherwise they'd all be pretty low.
  • Again, I'm flabbergasted that they don't already have some form of nationwide popularity. It seems like I really let AJW get away from me as I concentrated on other areas after adding a whole bunch of future joshi workers. This will definitely be revised as I'm pretty confident in saying that they pretty much toured Japan at this time. I will make sure before altering things but you can probably expect some change on this front.
  • All good suggestions.
  • I think I must have had a good reason to call it "AJW TV" because I don't think I would have come up with something as generic as that if I couldn't find the name of the programme. I'll go back into my research and see if I can find a definitive name for the programme and if I can't, I'll certainly change it.
  • Like EMLL's training facility, this will definitely be looked at as it seems like something I played with and just forgot to change back at some point.
  •  Kenji is already a part of the modification, but I don't think I've heard of Toshikuni Matsunaga. I'll look him up and see what I can find.

And, finally, my responses to your final suggestions:

• Good catch and something I definitely overlooked.
  • She already has the "Wrestling In The Blood" attribute.
  • There are already a few veterans who can work in India at the start of the game, and some even go against my rule of not adding popularity unless there's a promotion to correlate with it. From the top of my head, there's King Kong Czaya and at least one or two genuine Indian wrestlers who were huge stars over there. I think it's definitely a possibility if someone was so inclined to get one of these guys, build their promotion around them and convince some of the wrestlers with the "World Traveller" attribute to head over there, really spicing up the game world.
  • It's definitely something I'll look over.
  • Yes, this is definitely old school shenanigans. The information I found was that the change was recognised everywhere but Pittsburgh, but Sammartino was replaced by Rivera sometime in the early-70s, so it was almost like there was no switch (cause Marino is obviously Battman too). As it's more or less cosmetic, I'm happy leaving it up to the players on how they wish to deal with it.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback. I honestly can't tell you how much I value it. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On the discussion of AJW's retirement age, I've never managed to get a clear answer on when that rule was introduced - to the point that I've literally asked people who worked there and they couldn't answer me.

I would be surprised if it was already in play in 1970, though - Miyuki Yanagi, who worked early AJW shows as "Masked Killer", was in her 30s, and I'm sure that a lot of the American talent they were using early on would have been older.

I think it would be perfectly fair to raise their hiring rule to nobody under 40, for this time period. If I had to take an educated guess, I would say that the enforced retirement age didn't come in until around '75/'76 with The Beauty Pair. Unfortunately, there's no narrative to change hiring rules, to allow for that rule being implemented later, as far as I can tell - maybe one for the suggestions thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of recommendations/questions for EMLL.

1) Lower the frequency of championship matches. Every AI-ran Super Viernes has a minimum of five championship matches (one had nine!), when in reality, each title having a few defences per year would be more than adequate.

2) This may be intentional on your part as it could stunt growth, but EMLL ran Super Viernes in the Sur region and drew less than 1,000 fans. Should Super Viernes be fixed to running Arena Mexico?

2 hours ago, kje3334 said:

A couple of recommendations/questions for EMLL.

1) Lower the frequency of championship matches. Every AI-ran Super Viernes has a minimum of five championship matches (one had nine!), when in reality, each title having a few defences per year would be more than adequate.

2) This may be intentional on your part as it could stunt growth, but EMLL ran Super Viernes in the Sur region and drew less than 1,000 fans. Should Super Viernes be fixed to running Arena Mexico?

Titles were defended more regularly back in the day, so I haven't necessarily got a problem with that. And I'm a bit reluctant to lower the titles event frequency just because there's no way of increasing it in a narrative or what have you so as the game world progresses and you'd expect EMLL to have weekly television and monthly events as is the norm', their events wouldn't feature titles as often. Saying that, I may lower some of the lesser titles to try and find a good balance. Hopefully benjirino's suggestion of adding Super Viernes as a dormant television show will help with this and EMLL will move into television sooner rather than later.

Not intentional to stunt growth, but EMLL definitely toured Mexico at this point in time so I wouldn't limit them to Mexico City. You've got to remember that Super Viernes isn't like what you'd see in, say, an 80s modification and it's instead in there to simulate EMLL running weekly shows as without a television deal (which they didn't have at this time) they'd basically be dormant except for once a month. It's why almost all promotions have events set up the way they do. So no, I wouldn't worry about EMLL running in different regions. The 1,000 sounds pretty low because if my memory serves me right, there is a 10,000+ venue in the Sur region but truthfully, it doesn't bother me as even EMLL wouldn't sell out every time. 

Thanks to benjirino, I've done some work on both EMLL and AJW and I plan on getting an update out in a few days so hopefully everyone will see a difference in them anyway. :)