[RELEASE] Territory Daze

Amm is it just me who cant download it from just clicking on the pictures ?

EDIT

NVM! Someone in Discord explained what I was doing wrong!

I'm quickly posting before I go to bed but because more than a few people have struggled with the images thus far, I'll post direct links (in writing) within the original post tomorrow. Hopefully that'll stop any further problems. :)

The phenomenal gazwefc83 has remarkably done a GIF pack for Territory Daze in the style that can be seen here. You can download the alternate database here which changes the normal JPG's to GIF's and the alternate picture folder can be found here. As I say, I'm going to bed in a second so I'll do something fancy for the original post tomorrow to highlight this but I wanted to get it out there for people to use and also publicly thank gazwefc83. Thanks man, it's incredible that you took the time to do this.

Thank you for the continued love, guys. :) I'm really surprised I haven't had a single complaint or issue yet. I hope that means people are enjoying themselves and I've done a good job, and you guys aren't just being nice. xD

The original post has now been updated. I've added direct links (in writing) to solve the issue of some people not being able to work out the images and/or not being able to see them because of their settings on the forum, and also added the gif pack to it.

What's the difference between the Database and the 'alternative' Database?

Have I missed something obvious?

The alternative database is set up for the GIF pack, meaning workers images will change automatically depending on which company they're working for. :) People can do it manually via the editor just by downloading the alternative picture pack, but it's basically to save the user the bother of doing so. Absolutely nothing else is different.

OK, I got this downloaded and started a game. I found some really odd stat anomalies, at least to my mind. For example, you have Dory Funk, Jr as better on the mic than Bill Watts and Dusty Rhodes. OK, in 1970, Dusty wasn't the talker he'd become, but Watts was still one of the best talkers in the business.

Nit picking aside, I love this mod. Great job, and I look forward to many hours of playing with it.

OK, I got this downloaded and started a game. I found some really odd stat anomalies, at least to my mind. For example, you have Dory Funk, Jr as better on the mic than Bill Watts and Dusty Rhodes. OK, in 1970, Dusty wasn't the talker he'd become, but Watts was still one of the best talkers in the business.

Nit picking aside, I love this mod. Great job, and I look forward to many hours of playing with it.

Good spot. While I'm comfortable with where Dusty Rhodes is at this point in time, Dory Funk Jr. is perhaps inflated (I think I felt bad for his entertainment skills and maybe inflated them a little more than I should) and "Cowboy" Bill Watts is certainly a lot lower than I would like. I don't have a reason for the latter, so I'm guessing it was just a complete oversight on my part. Both Dory Funk Jr's and "Cowboy" Bill Watt's microphone skills have been altered for future updates.

Certainly enjoy it so far.

The one thing I noticed was a whole lot of brodcasters with popularity requirement set to 0 regions, so anybody can get a deal with them. Not sure if it was intended that way, but adjusted it myself to require the set popularity in at least one region where the broadcaster has coverage.

Certainly enjoy it so far.

The one thing I noticed was a whole lot of brodcasters with popularity requirement set to 0 regions, so anybody can get a deal with them. Not sure if it was intended that way, but adjusted it myself to require the set popularity in at least one region where the broadcaster has coverage.

Superb spot. I'm surprised neither myself nor anyone else has picked up on this before. After reading your post, I automatically thought it must have been something wrong with the conversion process but I opened up TEW16 and they were set the same then too. Must have just been a complete oversight because you're right, it shouldn't be that easy to set up a new TV market and increase your popularity outside your home region so easily. I have now fixed this on my end so future updates will be present and correct.

What settings do you recommand? For new workers for example

It really depends. A lot of people have struggled with Territory Daze because it doesn't have too many yet to debut workers so you may actually want to leave regeneration on if you plan on running a long game. It's something that I do want to fix and I will do eventually but I'm trying to get Shifting Sands updated for TEW20 too before I do any updates on either of the modifications. As for the other settings? I'd basically leave them as default or your own personal preference.

It seems like not having belts fixed will be a large issue. I simmed two years and all the companies that don't have their default targets met on belt types created the default ones. This includes stuff like AAA Divas, AAA Knockouts, AAA Big Gold Belt, AAA Top Contender and the other random modern names.

Also, it seems like a lot of the companies have women's wrestling which means they are going to create a women's belt. I don't think that is going to be accurate for there to be a large number of women's titles.

If belts are fixed there won't be any progression with new titles but, at the same time, the AI creates the titles it needs immediately so it would not be natural anyway. Belts can't be added through narratives that I see and I don't think ones come out of retirement so I'm not sure about a good solution here.

It seems like not having belts fixed will be a large issue. I simmed two years and all the companies that don't have their default targets met on belt types created the default ones. This includes stuff like AAA Divas, AAA Knockouts, AAA Big Gold Belt, AAA Top Contender and the other random modern names.

Also, it seems like a lot of the companies have women's wrestling which means they are going to create a women's belt. I don't think that is going to be accurate for there to be a large number of women's titles.

If belts are fixed there won't be any progression with new titles but, at the same time, the AI creates the titles it needs immediately so it would not be natural anyway. Belts can't be added through narratives that I see and I don't think ones come out of retirement so I'm not sure about a good solution here.

Yeah, this is a fascinating point but one which I can't do a lot about unfortunately. Every company that has a women's division is true to reality but in the 1970s, a "small" women's division was made up of 2 to 3 women but in TEW, it's considered to be around 10 I believe. It also seems to be a thing in TEW that you can't have a women's division without having a Women's Championship, thus the AI in particular likes to add them. The simple answer to this is to make them "Integrated" instead of having a division but that comes with its own issues, like some of the better/more popular women becoming World Champion which certainly wouldn't have been the case in the 70s. Another easy way to solve this is - like you say - by fixing the belts but this also creates it's own problems as it stops the AI from solving any issues that arise during your game, and it's something I'm just not very comfortable with.

You're also correct about titles not being something we can change with narratives, otherwise fixing the belts and adding a narrative which adds belts at more sensible times would be something that solves the issue. Even having access to "Title Names" in the editor (in the same vein as "Show Names", "Stable Names" and "Worker Names") would be able to solve some of the problems as I'd like to think we could set certain title names to certain countries and even only have them appear before or after certain times. Thinking about it, I may post it in the suggestions forum to see if it's something Adam could potentially patch in.

So all in all, I think it currently works best the way it is now until/unless we get features added that could correct it.

Just got to January 1976 in the sim where WWWF went out of business so that seems like a good place to stop and just kinda enjoy what the world looks like.

A question I have, which comes from not a lot of real knowledge of the time period, is what is the "best" way to run a promotion?

While I know this is a subjective question that is mostly opinion, maybe the better question is in what way are promotions intended to be played? Or in what ways were they tested and found to adequately representative the era?

I'd love to find some balance of realism in sticking with the default schedule for a promotion in the NWA with the idea of eventually branching out but I don't know if there is a logical next step to slowly move towards.

And again, thank you for all your time and expertise Mammoth, this is massively fun.

Just got to January 1976 in the sim where WWWF went out of business so that seems like a good place to stop and just kinda enjoy what the world looks like.

A question I have, which comes from not a lot of real knowledge of the time period, is what is the "best" way to run a promotion?

While I know this is a subjective question that is mostly opinion, maybe the better question is in what way are promotions intended to be played? Or in what ways were they tested and found to adequately representative the era?

I'd love to find some balance of realism in sticking with the default schedule for a promotion in the NWA with the idea of eventually branching out but I don't know if there is a logical next step to slowly move towards.

And again, thank you for all your time and expertise Mammoth, this is massively fun.

Like I've said previously, there hasn't actually been any real testing for TEW20 because I prefer to do this publicly so quite frankly, I haven't got a clue. xD In TEW16 however, it very much played like a free-for-all (except a select few had some advantages either with extra money or extra popularity) which is exactly what I hoped for as it's pretty much exactly how it was in real life at this time. However, I've made some changes for TEW20 and obviously, the mechanics are very different so I can't really speak on how the modification plays. In terms of how each individual promotion is intended to be played though, it's very much subjective as you say. You can either follow the product that I've given as default because I've tried to match them to real life as much as possible or take them down your own path, like any modification. There is no right or wrong way.

I'd never claim the modification was wholly realistic though. While I try my best to lead certain things and set things up so that they may develop realistically, I'm ultimately only able to do as much as the mechanics of Total Extreme Wrestling allow me. Plus, I see historical modifications as a way to produce alternative worlds and not simply play out real life, so I always hope that my modifications are somewhere in the middle.

These promotions tended to run weekly TV with mostly squash matches and angles with promos for house shows in the local market. The TV was taped one week, and the tape was often sent around to other stations in the area with different local promos edited in. In Louisiana, TV was taped in Shreveport, and shown on that station. In the following weeks, that episode was shown in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Lafayette--plus Jackson, probably Little Rock, and over into Oklahoma. The booker had to keep up with which tv episode was seen most recently in the market where the house show was happening.

The money was in the house shows, often running two or more towns a night. Sometimes they'd build towards a major show at the Superdome or other large arena a couple of times a year.

I don't think there's a really good way to simulate that sort of schedule in TEW. I guess you could run multiple "events" each week, but that might burn out the fans in TEW....so I'm just sticking with weekly TV and a monthly event.

These promotions tended to run weekly TV with mostly squash matches and angles with promos for house shows in the local market. The TV was taped one week, and the tape was often sent around to other stations in the area with different local promos edited in. In Louisiana, TV was taped in Shreveport, and shown on that station. In the following weeks, that episode was shown in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Lafayette--plus Jackson, probably Little Rock, and over into Oklahoma. The booker had to keep up with which tv episode was seen most recently in the market where the house show was happening.

The money was in the house shows, often running two or more towns a night. Sometimes they'd build towards a major show at the Superdome or other large arena a couple of times a year.

I don't think there's a really good way to simulate that sort of schedule in TEW. I guess you could run multiple "events" each week, but that might burn out the fans in TEW....so I'm just sticking with weekly TV and a monthly event.

I think the Japanese touring system may be close to the way it was. The tours in the game are pretty much house shows and they are shown on television as highlights. This would be kind of like what you're describing.

Multiple events in a month both burn out fans just like you say and are also too lucrative IMO. I used to have my "G1" over 4 regular events in a month and it felt like cheating. I didn't want to put the matches on tour shows since they hold back on those so I compromised with 3 lesser events and 1 regular event a month. I still run into dropping attendance/viewership but also tons of money.

I don't recall if you can do regular tv with touring companies but if you can, something like 3-4 tour shows, 1 tv taping and one lesser event a month with the lesser being changed out to a normal event every so often may be an interesting way to go. I really don't know but I am interested in trying to match the game systems to simulate something close to reality even if it isn't historically accurate.

I've been playing TEW for many years now but this is the first time I've played a real world mod. I often have played the Thunderverse.

I really have enjoyed it. Being from Delaware I took the challenge of playing ECWA. (I don't believe it started it 1967 and I've been to their shows.) In my game it is June 1972. First off it was easy to make money every month because of sponsorships. I try to keep at least 4 guys on the roster who make at least $200. With only one show a month and starting with a 10 pop I am doing shows rating around 65 which is awesome. The biggest problem is keeping talent. Once the AI started hiring guys to exclusive contracts, I lose average of 2 guys per month. That has led to another problem I can't keep a decent tag team division going. That is why I have yet to create a tag team belt. With constantly losing guys its been a challenge to keep storylines going. I'm not complaining about the mod it's been fun. I just wanted to point out some observations about what has happened.

Now there are 3 things that I thought I might bring up. The NWA World Heavyweight championship has prestige problem. this is suppose to be one of the most prestige belts and it has a 51 rating and in the middle of the pack as far as belts go. I'm not sure if something is off or is it because the game does not handle the alliance titles well enough like in TEW 2016. Also Ben the Wrestling Bear was the CWF Florida Champion for 1.5 years. I'm not sure that you intended that when the bear was added. Also the game does create a women's title when there is a division but I noticed that they are rarely defended and often vacant. (At least in my game)

I've had a good time playing the mod. thank you